Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:34:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Wel i fir one wood be happi to buy hem a bere n sum cray yons.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:35:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Burnsy:
Talking about things like this at work has no positive outcome.  I work to get paid.  Talking about news and politics isn't what they are paying me to do.
View Quote

Ever work in a gun store. THAT'S ALL PEOPLE TALK ABOUT! Guns are about 10% of the daily conversations.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

So low that he is bared from Marine service?

What was your ASVAB score?
View Quote

I knew a girl in Navy JROTC that had that happen. Not involving me.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:35:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:35:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:36:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By centrarchidae:
How would anybody even know his score? Are they public record?
View Quote

Apparently.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:36:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
Does it matter? I didn't appreciate him for being a scientist, I appreciated him for wasting leftist faggots.
View Quote

ZFG about his ASVAB scores.  He killed commies that attack him.  

He doesn't appear to be an idiot and isn't an embarrassment to himself when public speaking.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:36:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Thrasymachus:
I would think those results were confidential.  If real I'd be curious if such a leak wasn't grounds for a lawsuit.
View Quote

FOIA?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:37:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By eurotrash:

Wait what?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eurotrash:
Originally Posted By dbrad197:
I love how he shot a random sample of hundreds of leftists and 2/3 turned out to be pedos.

Wait what?
The two he killed.

Rosenbaum had "sexual conduct" with five preteen boys.

Huber wasn't a pedo, but he had a violent history of assaulting his family including his little brother and threatening to kill them many times. Went to prison twice over it.

Shitbags
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:37:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Sebastian_MacMaine:
Someone on /k/ posted an explanation of why the guy posting it was lying.  If you want to try to dig it up, you can search https://desuarchive.org/k/ for keywords like "Rittenhouse" and "ASVAB" and wade through the comments.  It was in the first couple of days that this Twitter "scandal" blew up.

Edit: BTW, the fact that your coworker is running around spouting off about this is proof that your coworker is a commie sympathizer.  Take note and act accordingly.
View Quote

Noted and agreed.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:37:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Killed more commie's than 99% of this board.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Regardless of his ASVAB score, he made the right decisions in a life-or-death situation, acted lawfully, and removed leftist maggots from the gene pool in the process. Let the commies cry about it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:38:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DamascusKnifemaker:
What does his ASVAB score have to do with anything?
View Quote

All the memes I’ve seen say he scored so low on the “Marine Corps Entrance Exam” that he’s been barred for life from ever applying again. It was clearly created by an idiot. There’s no such thing as a Marine Corps Entrance Exam and even if he took the ASVAB, a low score doesn’t get you banned from taking it again. My guess is some edgy 13 yo moron made it up.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:38:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Edge-To-Life:
He’s got more confirmed kills than 99.9% of the military
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:38:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Jackslack:
So a fellow employee mentioned today about the Rittenhouse's' ASVAB score was so low that he is bared from Marine service. Later I did a quick search and found everything referenced an X tweet with supporting documents.

Every other source references the same tweet with the * that they are investigating the claims (since April 8,2024) with no update on it.

Does ARF autist's have an insight on this one?

I have found Lots of bias  based on which ever side you fall on the subject and in general.

Any facts on this one?
View Quote
What ASVAB score do you need to join the Marine Corps?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:38:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Justice23:
Even Snopes says this is false.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/rittenhouse-military-enlistment-test/

View Quote

Read that. Said it was still under investigation?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:39:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Who gives a shit?... kid moved like the Batman that night..
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:40:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By RealityCheck0311:
Who cares?

There is no way to even prove that was his score, any document can be faked.

If I remember correctly I had a single form that listed my ASVAB and GT score on it.

Just a score in a square box.

Would take someone a few min to scan it and change the score to whatever.

EDIT: And the Marines would figure out a way to get him in. They're not just going to turn someone away and so "oh well."
View Quote

Yes, and I know this is a lot of to do about nothing, believe me. BUt I found it mildly interesting and figured ARF would have something more substantial than Snopes and MSNBC as the fact base.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:40:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:

I have no idea what Rittenhouse scored on the ASVAB, but as a former Marine recruiter, I wanted to respond to your comment: ”And the Marines would figure out a way to get him in. They're not just going to turn someone away and so "oh well.”"

I can assure you that there are a metric shit ton of motherfuckers in this world who are so irredeemably stupid that for them to ever pass the ASVAB it would take an Old Testament level of direct intervention by God himself. Being that dumb is not even rare, and it includes HS drop outs, GEDs, HS grads, college students and college grads.  In fact, if a motherfucker walks in the office door, uninvited, and proclaims his aspiration to be a Marine, you can bet your considerable recruiter bar tab that this mother fucker most likely cannot pass the test, no matter his educational credential. Like the poor, the dumb motherfuckers will always be with us, and many are so fucking dumb that no level of coaching, studying, education or retesting will ever drag their ass across that “bravo” score minimum.

You can now resume the discussion.
View Quote

I was a Navy Recruiter in the late 80s in Fullerton Ca. office. I was amazed by the number of college students who couldn't pass the screening test to take the ASVAB. So many "Rocks with Lips" walked through our doors that wasted our time.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:41:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By DoubleARon:
View Quote

2 on any one section?

I keed Devil Dogs.  LOL
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:41:40 PM EDT
[#21]
"A rational army would run away."
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:41:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By LineOfDeparture:
This seems like a pretty silly thing to concern ones self with.

Unless you just want to tear someone down.
View Quote

I'm neutral on this subject. and honestly don't care a whole lot. But since it was said out loud, I kind of want to know the truth, if nothing else than to know the truth?

Ever been curious about something trivial?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Scott-S6:

People of a certain type have to convince themselves that they are intellectually superior to the people they disagree with since they can't actually justify the positions they hold in any rational way.
View Quote

I agree.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Who cares how he did on some paper test? As far as I'm concerned he was given one of life's hardest tests imaginable and he passed.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:44:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Apparently.
View Quote

FOIA?
View Quote

I'm neutral on this subject. and honestly don't care a whole lot. But since it was said out loud, I kind of want to know the truth, if nothing else than to know the truth?

Ever been curious about something trivial?
View Quote

"I'm just asking the questions!"
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:45:04 PM EDT
[#26]

I have no idea what Rittenhouse scored on the ASVAB, but as a former Marine recruiter, I wanted to respond to your comment: ”And the Marines would figure out a way to get him in. They're not just going to turn someone away and so "oh well.”"

I can assure you that there are a metric shit ton of motherfuckers in this world who are so irredeemably stupid that for them to ever pass the ASVAB it would take an Old Testament level of direct intervention by God himself. Being that dumb is not even rare, and it includes HS drop outs, GEDs, HS grads, college students and college grads.  In fact, if a motherfucker walks in the office door, uninvited, and proclaims his aspiration to be a Marine, you can bet your considerable recruiter bar tab that this mother fucker most likely cannot pass the test, no matter his educational credential. Like the poor, the dumb motherfuckers will always be with us, and many are so fucking dumb that no level of coaching, studying, education or retesting will ever drag their ass across that “bravo” score minimum.

View Quote

Thank you for this brief interlude of truth.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:46:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:

They offered it multiple times?  I only remember it being given once per school year.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Switchback_Arms:
That's rough, I took the ASVAB many times in high school to get out of class.  Recruiters loved me.

They offered it multiple times?  I only remember it being given once per school year.

Not only that but you can test 30 days after a failed test and then 6 months after the second I am told. I don't know about that, I scored pretty well on mine to choose many different jobs.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:46:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Dagoth-Ur:

Who gives a fuck?

You think leftists care?

If he plays his cards right he’ll have more money than he knows what to deal with and be able to enjoy a decent life and also fuck the cops for not doing their jobs.
View Quote

Shouldn't his cards be in play now? Has he decided what to do in life?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:47:12 PM EDT
[#29]
How’s the arm feeling, Gage?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:47:49 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Start of the month or end of the month?

If it’s the end, has the RSS, RS and District made mission yet? Generally speaking there are (limited) slots for “bravos” with AFQT scores between 31 and 49. AFQT is the percentile score that caps at 99.

When I was recruiting we enlisted a kid with (approx) score of 16 whose dad was a USAF LtGen. Last I heard he was doing well, not sure if he made sergeant major yet.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:47:50 PM EDT
[#31]
The ASVAB doesn’t have a section for smoking commies and pedophiles, but it should.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:48:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

So low that he is bared from Marine service?

What was your ASVAB score?
View Quote

40 years ago is a long time to remember such a detail. I can't even remember my wife's phone number?

But it was high enough to not be an infantryman, but not so high to be a pilot.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:49:15 PM EDT
[#33]
FPNI
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:50:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DoubleARon] [#34]

40 years ago is a long time to remember such a detail. I can't even remember my wife's phone number?

View Quote
I know dudes with 99s and law degrees that were infantry. I know dudes that were infantry that are pilots. I know of a couple members on this website that were infantry and hold PhDs. Don't underestimate how intelligent an infantryman is. You're forgetting that the more intelligent they are, the more lethal they are on the battlefield.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:51:21 PM EDT
[#35]

Start of the month or end of the month?

If it's the end, has the RSS, RS and District made mission yet? Generally speaking there are (limited) slots for "bravos" with AFQT scores between 31 and 49. AFQT is the percentile score that caps at 99.

When I was recruiting we enlisted a kid with (approx) score of 16 whose dad was a USAF LtGen. Last I heard he was doing well, not sure if he made sergeant major yet.
View Quote
When I was recruiting, they would only take HS seniors and graduates up to whatever age they cut off at with a 50 or higher.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#36]
I call BS that he couldn't get in to be a 0311
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:52:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By DaveJRSC:
Regardless of his ASVAB score, he made the right decisions in a life-or-death situation, acted lawfully, and removed leftist maggots from the gene pool in the process. Let the commies cry about it.
View Quote

I like this one. I hope I remember it if this comes up again.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:52:33 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Hey, some of us infantryman have really high scores and some of the pilots on the board are not so bright.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By CTYC313:
I said he was innocent of the charges, I never said he was smart.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:54:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FightingHellfish] [#40]
When I was recruiting, they would only take HS seniors and graduates up to whatever age they cut off at with a 50 or higher.
View Quote

The “alphas” are 50 and up. “Bravos” (32-49) can comprise a percentage of accessions. Sometimes the District will allocate all the bravo quotas to inner city or reservation recruiters, and allow none in the burbs.

The minimums float up and down based on recruiting success, but I think they have always brought in a few bravos.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:55:03 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Potato
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:57:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Who cares? The guys 15 minutes should have been up after his trial was done.
View Quote

Nope. He should wring every dime he can out of this. Books. Appearances. Movie. Defamation suits.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:57:06 PM EDT
[#43]

Hey, some of us infantryman have really high scores and some of the pilots on the board are not so bright.
View Quote

Fair enough.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:58:00 PM EDT
[#44]

as a former Marine recruiter .. I can assure you that there are a (lot of people) in this world who are so irredeemably stupid that for them to ever pass the ASVAB it would take an Old Testament level of direct intervention
View Quote
Thank you.  I was about to say if anyone thinks Kyle Rittenhouse is too stupid for the Corps, they've never served a minute in the Corps.  

This whole thing is a mud daubing hoax, beginning with the phony email posted on Twitter.  He should sue.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:58:24 PM EDT
[#45]
His composure during that fucked up situation combined with the historical results are
all I need to know. Capable as fuck.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:00:18 PM EDT
[#46]

Not only that but you can test 30 days after a failed test and then 6 months after the second I am told. I don't know about that, I scored pretty well on mine to choose many different jobs.
View Quote

I know you could go to the recruiting station and retake it if you wanted to, but there werent multiple opportunities for in-school tests. It came around once a year and everyone that was taking it did so in the school cafeteria. I only took it once and scored well enough to get the MOS options I wanted.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:01:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Why would anyone give half a shit?
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:01:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Ridgerunner9876:

Nope. He should wring every dime he can out of this. Books. Appearances. Movie. Defamation suits.
View Quote

Im sure suckers would pay him too.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:02:18 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Can't speak for the Marines, but a buddy was an Army recruiter assigned to a college campus. Still had problems with close to half his applicants on the ASVAB.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:10:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Scoring well on the ASVB doesn’t mean shit. I scored very well but picked a really stupid AFSC.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top