Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 6/4/2023 12:15:13 PM EDT
https://www.golfwrx.com/111276/well-were-waiting/

An American visited Scotland for the first time and he topped his first tee shot. He turned to the local Scottish player and said,

“In America we call that a mulligan. What do you call it?”

“Cheating,” the Scot replied.

Link Posted: 6/4/2023 12:19:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: barrysuperhawk] [#1]
A willful misuse of a perfectly good rifle range.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 12:21:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 12:30:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Golf is for salesman
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 12:48:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I play when it’s free.  I also like to walk, playing with caddies is best.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 12:50:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By OverScoped:
Golf is for salesman
View Quote

A golf course is a waste of a rifle range.
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 7:51:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I love golf and can still drive the ball 250 yards (but with a roll).
3-Hybrid... 200 yards.
7-Iron... 150 yards.

But, chipping up onto the green, having the ball land 1 foot or 2 feet from the cup?  Pfffffffttttt....  NOT!
Link Posted: 7/8/2023 1:50:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ubaddog] [#7]
I found out I liked playing with my dad more than I liked the game so once I had a family of my own I stopped.
My dad was a scratch golfer and I played with him alot in my teens. My first real clubs (crazy huge leather bag and nice clubs) was prize he won at Chi-chi Rodriguez's home course in PR.
Playing with him was an education every time and almost always a good time.
RIP Boats

Besides playing with him golf was fun in HS.
I was on HS football/wrestling/Golf so I liked to apply the physical/mental aspect of those to my opponents on the course.
My coach was similar to the Bad News Bears coach, an alcoholic who was tired of losing year after year so he fostered my pushing the other teams button. Partner me up with their best stick and let's play.
My all time favorite coach.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 9:48:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I love golf. Up until this year I played every weekend. Most of the time it is with my oldest son, and my oldest son-in-law. We usually find a 4th in one of their friends. I'm far from being any good at the game but it is good physical therapy for my shoulders and good time spent with the kids.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top