Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2023 5:42:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: David0858]
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 2:57:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: glock27bill] [#1]
I could only watch so much of the arrogant vacuous "Just go get a jab" type statements by those jerks.  I've had people tell me the same thing: "Why don't you just go get yourself a shot?"  "If you got a shot then you could come with us [to a social event that requires it.]" These idiots really have no clue.  A shot is a shot is a shot to them.  Everybody has gotten a shot.  A shot's not gonna hurt you.

The worse part is when I've defended myself in a first-person "It's not for me" sense and they claim I am attaching their decision.  Actually, the really worse part is that so many of them have caught COVID (some more than once) and I have not, but when the next scamdemic rolls around, they're gonna be even more aggressive about lining up for the Jabathons.

Maybe I can understand and forgive (maybe), but I shall never trust again.  It's literally my life on the line.  And people like that are not our friends.
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 5:49:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By glock27bill:
I could only watch so much of the arrogant vacuous "Just go get a jab" type statements by those jerks.  I've had people tell me the same thing: "Why don't you just go get yourself a shot?"  "If you got a shot then you could come with us [to a social event that requires it.]" These idiots really have no clue.  A shot is a shot is a shot to them.  Everybody has gotten a shot.  A shot's not gonna hurt you.

The worse part is when I've defended myself in a first-person "It's not for me" sense and they claim I am attaching their decision.  Actually, the really worse part is that so many of them have caught COVID (some more than once) and I have not, but when the next scamdemic rolls around, they're gonna be even more aggressive about lining up for the Jabathons.

Maybe I can understand and forgive (maybe), but I shall never trust again.  It's literally my life on the line.  And people like that are not our friends.
View Quote

No need to forgive.  You were labeled and vilified based on a personal decision that had nothing to do with others, yet they ridiculed and excluded you.  Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:10:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't get on twitter enough to have messed around with it, is there a way to save that video?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 10:46:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:
I don't get on twitter enough to have messed around with it, is there a way to save that video?
View Quote

There's some websites that if you post the twitter hyperlink you can save the video. Do a search for Twitter downloader.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:19:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:
View Quote

I have a browser extension called Video Download Helper on my Firefox.  It recognizes when a video starts playing, and then you can download it to a folder.  It has its limitations.  There are some YouTube videos where it does not work (it used to work on all YouTube vids, I think YouTube modified their code.)  There's a format conversion feature, but I don't believe it will convert webm files.  And some YouTube videos take a long time (over an hour) to aggregate once they are downloaded.

I just tried it on that twitter vid and successfully saved it to my hard drive.  It's free.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top