Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2024 2:49:38 PM EDT
So I tied one on pretty good last week and woke up to a message that said “Your offer has been accepted”!!! Oops!!!

I am now the proud new owner of a 50th anniversary BC Rich Mockingbird ST.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 3:33:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Happy NGD! I'm GAS'ing hard for a WarBeast. Can't justify the $1799 price tag but one day I'll have that and will play all the Slayer on it!
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 4:54:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I almost want to buy one of those to see what all the knobs and switches do.  I already have 2 Mockingbirds though.

I don't have a picture of my gold arched top but, my acrylic one is in the picture below.  They both have Gibson Classic '57's in them.  The acrylic one sounds amazing but it's god damned heavy.  The gold top sounded better but I really need to replace the pots as it came with EMG's and I think the pots are something way different than your standard 250 or 500k ohm pots.  I've bought the pots I just have not got around to putting them in yet.  Maybe I'll do that this weekend.

I would love one of the 10 string bitches but B.C. Rich pricing these days is insane and I can't get over it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By callmestick:
I almost want to buy one of those to see what all the knobs and switches do.  I already have 2 Mockingbirds though.

I don't have a picture of my gold arched top but, my acrylic one is in the picture below.  They both have Gibson Classic '57's in them.  The acrylic one sounds amazing but it's god damned heavy.  The gold top sounded better but I really need to replace the pots as it came with EMG's and I think the pots are something way different than your standard 250 or 500k ohm pots.  I've bought the pots I just have not got around to putting them in yet.  Maybe I'll do that this weekend.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/218698/IMG_0494_JPG-329575.jpg

I would love one of the 10 string bitches but B.C. Rich pricing these days is insane and I can't get over it.
View Quote

Man I’d say grab one if you can. BC Rich defaulted payment to all of their manufacturers so they ain’t gonna be around long unless someone helps them out. This is my second Mockingbird and it’s the newest generation of them. The other one I have is shit compared to this one. The neck is just amazing and all the hardware is US made and not import trash. Even the pickups are actual DiMarzio D Activators. I got this one for a thousand shipped. New old stock wrapped in the box. It even came with Schaller strap locks. Deals are out there.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 5:07:54 PM EDT
[#4]
My other one.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 5:48:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: callmestick] [#5]
Originally Posted By DM1975:

Man I’d say grab one if you can. BC Rich defaulted payment to all of their manufacturers so they ain’t gonna be around long unless someone helps them out. This is my second Mockingbird and it’s the newest generation of them. The other one I have is shit compared to this one. The neck is just amazing and all the hardware is US made and not import trash. Even the pickups are actual DiMarzio D Activators. I got this one for a thousand shipped. New old stock wrapped in the box. It even came with Schaller strap locks. Deals are out there.
View Quote

I can't do it right now.  I really want an American Tele, and a Strat then I need a good acoustic which I'm pretty sure is going to be a Larrivee. Then after that a Gibson Firebird and a used Custom Shop Jackson Soloist with a reversed headstock.  I would settle for an American B.C. Rich Gunslinger though but there's no way in hell I'm paying the 4 grand they are asking for a new one now.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 6:09:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DM1975] [#6]

I can't do it right now.  I really want an American Tele, and a Strat then I need a good acoustic which I'm pretty sure is going to be a Larrivee. Then after that a Gibson Firebird and a used Custom Shop Jackson Soloist with a reversed headstock.  I would settle for an American B.C. Rich Gunslinger though but there's no way in hell I'm paying the 4 grand they are asking for a new one now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Don’t be afraid of their imports. I have about 26 guitars. Gibson Les Paul’s, American Strats and Teles, a PRS, etc.. and in my opinion it’s a quality guitar.

ETA: this new generation of imports I mean.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 6:14:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Don’t be afraid of their imports. I have about 26 guitars. Gibson Les Paul’s, American Strats and Teles, a PRS, etc.. and in my opinion it’s a quality guitar.
View Quote

I know they are but I'm going for quality over quantity these days.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 10:22:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I can't believe the prices of the new B.C. Rich. Banking on nostalgia is a bold move.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 10:49:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By splitbolt:
I can't believe the prices of the new B.C. Rich. Banking on nostalgia is a bold move.
View Quote

I agree. They priced themselves out of the market and it sucks because it was like they finally got it right. Then bust.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 10:53:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I’ll just say it’s a fantastic guitars with some attributes that I really like and can’t find elsewhere. As far as their business practices I can’t comment. But the guitar itself is pretty damn awesome.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 10:27:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By splitbolt:
View Quote

Yeah, they are insane.  The new USA Gunslingers are $4000 for a very bare bones guitar.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 6:51:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I think part of the reason BC Rich is going under now is that they priced themselves out of the market. I also think that these will go down as some of the best guitars they’ve made. The company really seems to have hit the mark on the models, finishes, and using top of the line hardware. But that cost is just too high. I paid $1k shipped for this one or else I probably wouldn’t have done it. But I’m glad I did.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 1:00:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:17:15 AM EDT
[#14]
I could live with that drunk buying decision. Always loved those. Classy enough that country and blues players even play them....not that there's anything wrong with with....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 6:07:30 AM EDT
[#15]
BC Rich. What a great brand that was always under appreciated. I have a Warlock bass circa 1988 that I used to drive through a Randall RB1000 over a RW410 and RW118. It was a ridiculous rig for a kid with little talent.

Anyway, BC Rich will never be the stradivarius of the guitar world but, they're awesome.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 10:15:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Homesteader375:
BC Rich. What a great brand that was always under appreciated. I have a Warlock bass circa 1988 that I used to drive through a Randall RB1000 over a RW410 and RW118. It was a ridiculous rig for a kid with little talent.

Anyway, BC Rich will never be the stradivarius of the guitar world but, they're awesome.
View Quote

Oh they have their place for sure. And BC Rich is sure spotty on quality between all of the models and series but the better ones are fantastic instruments.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 12:33:55 PM EDT
[#17]
BRB. Reverb tab is always open.

I am not an electric fan but that guitar is very sexy. Congratulations!
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 10:48:21 PM EDT
[#18]
So I’ve made too many NGD posts lately. I might do one for this maybe but this will be here tomorrow.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:49:38 AM EDT
[#19]
I like it!
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 12:42:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 10:26:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 10:27:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 11:14:07 AM EDT
[#23]
These Korean made BC Rich’s are kinda my guilty pleasures I suppose but that Legacy Mockingbird plays and sounds like a higher end guitar. Those Koreans have gotten so good at building them now.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:00:41 PM EDT
[#24]
I blame this thread for putting the worm in my head. While having a few beers Sunday night made an offer.  It was accepted Monday.  Have it here now.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:53:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Tras:
I blame this thread for putting the worm in my head. While having a few beers Sunday night made an offer.  It was accepted Monday.  Have it here now.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/5874/cgobf8cmlpompzjxxeaz_1__jpg-3136116.JPG
View Quote

Nice! Glad I could be of service.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 1:27:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Nice, I'll always have a soft spot for BC Rich. American made and a lot of metal bands in the 2000s played them.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 11:14:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Not a BC Rich but one I picked up today. Epiphone Les Paul Plush Top Standard 2006 in Wine Red. Thing is as near to new as used can get. That is a reflection in the lower left of the body.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 11:18:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By luv_the_huskers:
Not a BC Rich but one I picked up today. Epiphone Les Paul Plush Top Standard 2006 in Wine Red. Thing is as near to new as used can get. That is a reflection in the lower left of the body.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/117002/2006_LPSt_edited_jpg-3142648.JPG
View Quote

Very nice! But where you drunk when you bought it is the question?
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 11:34:13 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Unfortunately not. My medications don't allow alcohol consumption. I wished I was drunk if that counts.
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 11:41:12 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

That looks almost exactly like one that was listed local to me on reverb. Someone has a 2004 Les Paul Standard Plus Top PRO in that color listed local for $350. Seems like a good deal, but I’ve never played one or compared it to my Gibson Les Paul Standard.

@luv_the_huskers How do you like it so far? What kind of music do you play?
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 11:52:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: luv_the_huskers] [#31]
Originally Posted By ConanTheCimmerian:

That looks almost exactly like one that was listed local to me on reverb. Someone has a 2004 Les Paul Standard Plus Top PRO in that color listed local for $350. Seems like a good deal, but I’ve never played one or compared it to my Gibson Les Paul Standard.

@luv_the_huskers How do you like it so far? What kind of music do you play?
View Quote

This one was sourced locally and wasn't listed anywhere. At $350 for a Pro version, jump on it. I like the guitar and use it for rockish music mostly.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 3:18:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Tras:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/5874/cgobf8cmlpompzjxxeaz_1__jpg-3136116.JPG
View Quote

I have that exact same guitar.
I would sell one of my kids before I'd let it go.
You're going to be very happy with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top