Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:39:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Ike screwed over the two people responsible for what is likely, the most important project in the history of the planet, ever.

Jay
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:40:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AZCOP:
Ike screwed over the two people responsible for what is likely, the most important project in the history of the planet, ever.

Jay
View Quote
Go on @AZCOP
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:49:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By QueenDeNile:
Go on @AZCOP
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Jay
Go on @AZCOP

Robert Oppenheimer
Leslie Groves
Manhattan Project

Jay
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:21:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:28:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Eisenhower was one of only 20 men who was ever awarded this Soviet medal. The award was supposed to have been made with diamonds but when he took it to a jeweler he found out the stones were fakes. Which is one of the most, "Russians being Russians" things I've ever heard of.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:36:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By PoiDog:
I was born earlier in the same year he was elected. So for most of his terms, I was just a kid.

My memories of his terms were influenced by people and reading done later. They're positive, especially compared to what followed.

On a school trip in '66, we had his Gettysburg farm house pointed out, but I don't think he was in residence then.

His warning about the Military Industrial Complex still rings true all of these years later.

Unlike several recent presidents, he was a patriot and loved his country.
View Quote

Created the same monster, did nothing to stop it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:38:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MikeJGA:
He acquiesced to the OSS killing Patton.  Spent 20+ years building up the MIC then gave a half harted warning on his way out.
He acquiesced to the CIAs Bay of Pigs invasion  then stalled it long enough to drop it in JFKs lap.
He got us involved with Vietnam.  He condemned Israel, UK and France in the Suez cannal war.

In short, Deep State POS with a good PR machine.
View Quote

Amen!
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:41:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Hesperus:
Eisenhower was one of only 20 men who was ever awarded this Soviet medal. The award was supposed to have been made with diamonds but when he took it to a jeweler he found out the stones were fakes. Which is one of the most, "Russians being Russians" things I've ever heard of.
View Quote
Probably Soviets being Soviets more likely. There was a lot of jewels in the Soviet Union during Eisenhower's era. IIRC Marjorie Post made a grand purchase of many of former Crown Jewels (while her husband was Ambassador) that ended up in Mar-Lago. I believe the profits went to the regime-not to the people.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:42:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Robert Oppenheimer
Leslie Groves
Manhattan Project

Jay
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Jay
Go on @AZCOP

Robert Oppenheimer
Leslie Groves
Manhattan Project

Jay

Oppenheimer was a communist sympathizer and was a brewing security risk. Leslie Groves got retired as a 3 star General Officer. Both got what they deserved.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:56:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I drive past his park a lot.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top