Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2023 5:56:25 PM EDT
Has anyone found a decent fireproof case to store their ebike battery?

Looks like this one privides piece of mind but fails if you have a thermal event. Not surprised as it is a cheap, soft bag. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Q6FPGZ5?tag=arfcom00-20
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 10:01:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless it's some kind of heavy fire proof box (i.e. gun safe)....  I just can't imagine anything you'd get off of Amazon that would contain a Li-Ion thermal runaway.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 10:11:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Just stick it in an old grill while not in use.  Or a walmart fireproof safe.  I cant imagine anything thats gonna work well enough to contain the heat and fumes enough to be kept in your living space,nor light enough to be portable on your bicycle.
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 8:41:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Don’t get a cheap Chinese battery.
Bosh, trek, specialized don’t have that problem
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 10:37:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By giantpune:
Just stick it in an old grill while not in use.  Or a walmart fireproof safe.  I cant imagine anything thats gonna work well enough to contain the heat and fumes enough to be kept in your living space,nor light enough to be portable on your bicycle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By giantpune:

That's a good idea. I'll go look at cheap grills. Thanks.

I have a small wood stove in the basement that I won in a raffle and it isn't hooked up. The battery is just a bit too big to be able close the door on it. Yeah, I'm just looking for something to store it in, nothing portable.

Originally Posted By 3-gun:
Don’t get a cheap Chinese battery. Bosh, trek, specialized don’t have that problem

Definitely. I bought a Juiced Ripcurrent S . They're confident in their UL certified batteries. I'm just doing all I can to prevent a house fire in the unlikely event the battery does go up in flames.

E-Bike Battery Fires: 5 Safety Tips To Avoid Them
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top