Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:52:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's an election year. Just look at history.
View Quote

Depends on which year you pick.  2000 and 2008 would indicate crazy times ahead.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:55:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:57:54 PM EDT
[#3]
If you believe the positive opinions you have to believe the negative opinions.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:00:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My company is laying people off.  I see jobs posted but everything looks fake.  Meaning same jobs get posted over and over.  I know they could fill them if they wanted to based on the job description being mid level requirements and the pay range being well above top performer pay.

Yet the jobs gets posted as if they are just trying to have the job posted.
View Quote

Any chance there are tax breaks for posting jobs?  Kinda what it sounds like...
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:09:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't doubt there will be a downturn. But when and how bad are you all thinking? By the election and unrecoverable? Or in 5 years and then things are full steam ahead 5 years after that?
View Quote

That part is impossible to predict. There is a strong (super strong, ~.99 iirc) correlation with duration of yield inversion and duration of the following recession. This one is LONG. Longest in history I believe. Where the federal funds rate goes, unemployment goes. MacroEdge is the tip of the spear for data visualization that paints a forward looking picture.

It's easy to view a backward-looking report like "GDP is 3.9%" and think everything is great. Economist Claudia Sahm created a recession indicator and then self-destructed/bailed out of her twitter account after a recent jobs/inflation report where something like 30 states are already entering recession indicated by her own rule.
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/SAHMCURRENT  

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:13:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I arfcom fashion get both, hedge.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
We’ve been Evel Knievel-ing it since Oct 2007.
We sailed past the ramps long ago.
View Quote

Bingo.....how many times has a bank bailout happened where we never made a real budget for over a decade....anyone know the consequences of this from history
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:21:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Everybody involved in the restaurant supply chain is circling the wagons, laying off, or has instituted hiring freezes.
View Quote

Some of the more popular ones and the local froo froo hip places are making out ok, but a lot of the average FF chains are seeing some pull back. And if gas gets close to $6, you’re going to see more pull back for sure.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:27:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
3 or 4% inflation (Fed target is 2.5%ish) really isn’t that bad, especially in historical terms.

Inflation, as long as it is reasonable, which 3% is, is the cost of doing business:  the fact that wages continue to outpace inflation means people have the $ to push inflation even higher (via demand).
View Quote

I don’t know. I didn’t get a 20% wage hike the last few years. My money doesn’t go as far. But I’m a DINK now aka empty nester. I can manage ok. But my kids with kids  have to watch their money.  We have a yours and mine family. I had 3 kids, she has 4. One of mine owns a house. 2 of hers own a house. The rest of our kids will have a hard time getting into one if they ever do. What I’m saying is, that 3-4% inflation number is BullSh*t.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:39:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No, it isn't.  It is a reversion to the mean.  It will have an impact and put pressure on the housing prices.  7.5% is nothing compared to history.
View Quote

I don’t think it’s the interest rates so much. As I agree with you, the rates aren’t that bad, And in my opinion, a 6-8% is a more healthy rate. But I think part of the problem is the percentage of increase in the housing prices. In 2008 I had to buy my ex wife out of her half in a divorce. My place was valued around 140 K. So I got a 6.25 rate on 70k to pay her off. In 16 years my house has doubled. Or more. So something has to give so housing can get back in reach to the general public again. I don’t know what that looks like. Wages have to go up, house sizes go back down, housing crash, limit investment companies from buying single family homes????
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:41:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
3 or 4% inflation (Fed target is 2.5%ish) really isn’t that bad, especially in historical terms.

Inflation, as long as it is reasonable, which 3% is, is the cost of doing business:  the fact that wages continue to outpace inflation means people have the $ to push inflation even higher (via demand).
View Quote

No one paying the slightest bit of attention to their budget  thinks inflation is 3 or 4 percent.
Insurance up 25 percent
Property taxes up 25 percent
Local utilities got their rate hike approved by the mobsters at the state, up 30 percent.
Groceries, particularly beef, produce, and fresh foods up 15 percent at least.
Gas and fuel prices up 15 to 20 percent

Wages are getting hammered by inflation.
Most of the good news in the jobs reports is .gov spending
The bad news in the jobs reports is swept under the rug
Powell and Yellen are out of cards to play, so they just make up the economic data to fit their election year bullshit.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:41:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Edit: double post

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:42:35 PM EDT
[#13]
What I like about the economic numbers being up is we don’t have to hear from that CVO guy. He only crawls out of his cave to be insufferable when the market slips a bit.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:51:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I don’t think it’s the interest rates so much. As I agree with you, the rates aren’t that bad, And in my opinion, a 6-8% is a more healthy rate. But I think part of the problem is the percentage of increase in the housing prices. In 2008 I had to buy my ex wife out of her half in a divorce. My place was valued around 140 K. So I got a 6.25 rate on 70k to pay her off. In 16 years my house has doubled. Or more. So something has to give so housing can get back in reach to the general public again. I don’t know what that looks like. Wages have to go up, house sizes go back down, housing crash, limit investment companies from buying single family homes????
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it isn't.  It is a reversion to the mean.  It will have an impact and put pressure on the housing prices.  7.5% is nothing compared to history.

I agree, and supply/demand will help prices adjust.

The investment companies buying single family homes is mostly nonsense hysteria, and often regurgitated here.  The majority of corporation owned single family homes are small time rental property owners.  The blackrock boogeyman is mostly made-up BS from looney tooners.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:56:09 PM EDT
[#15]
The other day I read an article saying the Fed was 1 for 9 in avoiding a hard landing during rate hiking cycles.  

“Don’t fight the Fed”
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:57:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Inflation is 13% don't kid yourself.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:59:15 PM EDT
[#17]
No landing means the party continues all night. Yahoo! No consequences to money printing. This country is sooooo rich!!!
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:01:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah naw we definitely in for a hurtin sometime soonish. They fudgin the numbers to try and make dems look good. I'll be surprised if we make it to the election before it shits the bed.

Of course I'll just buy more then.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:01:03 PM EDT
[#19]
we went from 22 t to 35t in biden years
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:01:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Inflation is 13% don't kid yourself.
View Quote

No, it isn't.  Just saying that means you don't really understand how it works.  Inflation is measured across multiple categories.  Just coming up with one number, is wrong.  We all buy different things in different quantities.

If you meant to say that CPI is 13% YoY from the last month, that is also wrong.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:01:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't like kaynsian (sp) economics but I will admit it does grow the economy,  i would love to sit on my cash and live care free, but inflation demands I invest in something, anything, so I don't lose value.
View Quote

I’m no economist but you are right about the fact that inflationary monetary policy makes you spend your money on something. Even my dumb a$$ can see that money in the bank is money losing money. I just need to learn to put it in smarter things than guns and bullets. That $49 Mauser is worth $250 now.??
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:07:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
30 Year mortgage at 7.5 IMO whcih is a breaking point.

As sucky as it is to read this, it's correct, house loans in the 7% area were the typical, not an outlier.

House prices are what need to adjust back to the mean and that isn't anything I see happening sooner or later. Houses are NOT what they once were. You cannot have a house 2-3 times the size with amenities that were unheard of and expect house prices to adjust back down to what they used to be.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:09:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I’m no economist but you are right about the fact that inflationary monetary policy makes you spend your money on something. Even my dumb a$$ can see that money in the bank is money losing money. I just need to learn to put it in smarter things than guns and bullets. That $49 Mauser is worth $250 now.??
View Quote

problem is I cant sell my pew pew 30's now  trading was once a revenue source.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:24:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
No landing means the party continues all night. Yahoo! No consequences to money printing. This country is sooooo rich!!!
View Quote

We are all going to be millionaires!
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

As sucky as it is to read this, it's correct, house loans in the 7% area were the typical, not an outlier.

House prices are what need to adjust back to the mean and that isn't anything I see happening sooner or later. Houses are NOT what they once were. You cannot have a house 2-3 times the size with amenities that were unheard of and expect house prices to adjust back down to what they used to be.
View Quote

Something is going to adjust, that's for sure. Two new builds. A block apart. Buy a townhome in a HOA for $5500/mo or rent a freestanding house with extra bedroom and yard for $2700/mo. This is happening all over America.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:28:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Something is going to adjust, that's for sure. Two new builds. A block apart. Buy a townhome in a HOA for $5500/mo or rent a freestanding house with extra bedroom and yard for $2700/mo. This is happening all over America.

https://i.imgur.com/Rgh2nVg.png
https://i.imgur.com/5Z4xsVs.png

View Quote

What do they mean by fees in the freestanding house. Is that an HOA?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:33:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What do they mean by fees in the freestanding house. Is that an HOA?
View Quote

Rent vs buy. Fees are move in or deposit.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:50:22 PM EDT
[#28]
If there's a downturn it means I'm buying stonks when they're on sale.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:11:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If there's a downturn it means I'm buying stonks when they're on sale.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I’m avoiding looking at my accounts, but I’ll still contribute to them when it comes time to.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:13:42 PM EDT
[#30]
This is… an extremely optimistic view.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:26:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This is  an extremely optimistic view.
View Quote

It's not different this time?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:30:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Inflation… high energy costs… no real end in sight.

I hope I’m wrong. But I’m really not super optimistic.

A new president will help, but won’t fix the fundamental flaws in the economy.  At least, in my opinion/from my perspective.

But supposedly there are pros watching this. And I’m just some dumb fuck on the internet.

(I should really go back and get my masters or PhD in economics.)
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:02:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Besides being swamp infested, the GDP numbers reflect $1.5 -$2 trillion per year in deficit spending.  This is unsustainable.  No idea when, but $1T in interest per year means that we are getting close.

If you have $100K income and $700K in debt and $25K in just interest payments and you are adding $50K a year in more debt, how long until no one lends you money anymore?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:03:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Inflation  high energy costs  no real end in sight.

I hope I'm wrong. But I'm really not super optimistic.

A new president will help, but won't fix the fundamental flaws in the economy.  At least, in my opinion/from my perspective.

But supposedly there are pros watching this. And I'm just some dumb fuck on the internet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Inflation  high energy costs  no real end in sight.

I hope I'm wrong. But I'm really not super optimistic.

A new president will help, but won't fix the fundamental flaws in the economy.  At least, in my opinion/from my perspective.

But supposedly there are pros watching this. And I'm just some dumb fuck on the internet.

If the pros were as smart as they think they are, then this nation would have never seen failed banks, bailouts, tech bubbles, and traders jumping out of windows. Every level from consumers to the .gov are buried under mountains of debt, and the hole keeps getting dug deeper. I've noticed a distinct reduction in spending in our larger corporate customers (gas station/c stores and heating fuels). Stuff that was "go ahead and do it and bill us later" has gone to "we need a quote to see if we want to do it or not". I imagine at some point our industrial work is going to dry up as they seem like they are getting ready for a downturn.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:16:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

If the pros were as smart as they think they are, then this nation would have never seen failed banks, bailouts, tech bubbles, and traders jumping out of windows. Every level from consumers to the .gov are buried under mountains of debt, and the hole keeps getting dug deeper. I've noticed a distinct reduction in spending in our larger corporate customers (gas station/c stores and heating fuels). Stuff that was "go ahead and do it and bill us later" has gone to "we need a quote to see if we want to do it or not". I imagine at some point our industrial work is going to dry up as they seem like they are getting ready for a downturn.
View Quote

Recall that the Fed has literally hundreds of Econ PhD's, along with the Treasury and SEC.

NONE of them saw LTCM, the tech crash, the housing bubble, Madoff, inflation rising, the China bubble, SBF, and on and on.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:40:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
More and more analysts moving into the camp of "No Landing" as the global economy looks to keep growing.

Sorry doomers!

https://i.postimg.cc/zG3rw3HH/screenshot-810.jpg
View Quote

No landing.  Everything will keep getting more expensive until after the presidential election, and we have to increase interest slowly.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:41:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yup and 3 rate cuts this year right?
View Quote

This is supposed to fix the housing problem. Homes will somehow become affordable when loans are below 6%. It fixes the supply as well as the cost of building a new home apparently.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:56:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Besides being swamp infested, the GDP numbers reflect $1.5 -$2 trillion per year in deficit spending.  This is unsustainable.  No idea when, but $1T in interest per year means that we are getting close.

If you have $100K income and $700K in debt and $25K in just interest payments and you are adding $50K a year in more debt, how long until no one lends you money anymore?
View Quote

I thought they were deficit spending to the tune of $1 Trillion every 100 days or so now?

On a more optimistic note(not really), we talked to our realtor friend yesterday and the small investors are unloading their properties.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:03:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

No one paying the slightest bit of attention to their budget  thinks inflation is 3 or 4 percent.
Insurance up 25 percent
Local utilities got their rate hike approved by the mobsters at the state, up 30 percent.

Powell and Yellen are out of cards to play, so they just make up the economic data to fit their election year bullshit.

View Quote

Exactly.

The guy that said wages are outpacing inflation is full of shit.

I have made money off the market, but it’s ludicrous to think we’re on a sustainable path.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:09:38 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm on the no landing category also. But for a different reason.

Warning: long post, ain't no body got time for that... which also explains what I'm about to say in my second point...

I believe we don't give proper credit to what I described our situation, for lack of a better phrase, "a different time".

I think we are just in a different time. There used to be two things that were very common in life that are different now. The speed of information and the decline of fraternal organizations.

I recall the day we had a DTN (satellite info service)unit setup in the house back in the early 90's. Strictly for the purpose of being able to get commodities futures info faster, to execute a better order. That was big shit. It was live (ish). You still had to call or fax a guy to get it done. Now look what happened? Everyone has super computers in their pockets now.  Back Then the second best was a satellite stream outside of sitting in a pit at the CME. Now it's literally automatic and automated. A true speed of light equation.  

Speed changes everything. It allows for decision at light speed. That's something kinda new. Even back in the 08' time frame, we had to log on a desk top or look at a tv for ticker data. Not no more..... do things tip over? Sure, but maneuvering fast enough allows one to dodge the proverbial bullet, and realign, reallocate, and re-engage very fast. COVID tested my theory out. By the numbers my portfolio should have been halved, but it wasn't. Fidelity has some serious OODA loop shit built into their algorithms and systems. I observed a 15-20% drop instead of 50%.

Secondly, the decline of fraternal organizations. Let's face it, the internet changed everything. It just did. Top to bottom. Why does that matter? It's no secret fraternal organization of any kind has had declining membership for a while. Masons, eagles, elks, Kiwanas, churches, softball leagues, local race tracks, Grange..... you name it. All of them, All smaller. The internet and social media changed fraternal organizations.

Why does it matter? The consumer resiliency is easy to explain in my opinion. The American society no longer clutches pearls together in a face to face fashion. Older generations would worry/panic, hit the stop button and camp out together (obviously this is a generalization) anyone somewhere around GenX and down has the response of "meh" and goes about what they're doing. (Again generalizing)

The bedrock of economics is confidence. If people aren't that worried, they'll continue to consume, produce and invest.

TLDR; it's a different time, with different people, and a high level of idgaf...
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:10:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

We’re very similar in our outlook.   Yes, This site is over-run with the full spectrum of Mentality.  
Most of it just toxic negativity.   It’s also a tremendous time sink.  Basically, an addiction.  

Winston Churchill said it best:  “I’m an Optimist.  There doesn’t seem much point in being anything else.”

He also said: “A pessimist sees problems in every opportunity, an Optimist sees opportunity in every problem.  

It’s been interesting reading the doomer stuff for as long as we have, and honestly, a lot of the predictions came true.   The main thing some of them got Wrong, is that deflationary spirals will Not be allowed to happen.     So, what possible scenarios are left?  

1. “Normal” destructive inflation.   Or,
2. “Hyper inflation” (or at least inflation high enough to be devastating to those unable to mitigate it.)

So, how do we mitigate it? (That’s really the only question that matters).
Stock market, Land, Real Estate, other performing assets. And,
Earning far more than we spend, so that we can invest those earnings into assets.  

I’m really grateful for the doomer stuff I’ve read here, because it helped me understand the Cause and Effect of everything.    Most people just live dumbly, Hand-to-mouth, their whole lives, until they wake up one day in their 60’s and wonder WTF Happened?

Otoh, I too would have been better off financially, with no curiosity or knowledge, and just put every penny into VOO and VTI.   This is one of those rare instances where ignorance actually is bliss.

https://www.leftovercurrency.com/app/uploads/2018/04/10000-chilean-pesos-banknote-arturo-prat-obverse-1.jpg
This represents a small personal pizza or maybe a couple beers.
There was a time, when it was a week’s pay.
View Quote

You could say the same for a $20 here. Granted you’d have to go back a century or so.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Exactly.

I have made money off the market, but it’s ludicrous to think we’re on a sustainable path.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Insurance up 25 percent

Exactly.

When you look at M2, it makes sense. Time doesn't stop. Big wheel keeps turning. 5Ds. Sustainable? Maybe. Maybe not. If the government could just hold of on adding new spending the issue would sort it self out. They could grow their way out of deficits. But buying votes seems to be in our DNA apparently.

I guess that's the question? What's better, value or growth? I'm a value guy, but I think there I think growth has a quality all of its own in growth.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:26:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
More and more analysts moving into the camp of "No Landing" as the global economy looks to keep growing.

Sorry doomers!

View Quote

They don't know shit about fuck.  6 months ago everyone was in the hard landing camp.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:27:25 AM EDT
[#44]
What if the economy is on a treadmill?

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:31:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
EDIT:  LOL, NM.  I thought "no landing" meant something even worse than a hard landing.
View Quote

It does, because it means more analysts are getting the delusion that what goes up doesn't eventually come down. It ALWAYS does. It's when the analysts get a growing contingent of irrational optimists that the potential for serious problems is greater.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:33:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

When you look at M2, it makes sense.
View Quote

The Fed has said that M2 isn't important and they no longer incorporate into their decisions.

OK....
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:41:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Well. Let’s stop and evaluate the reality that we see. Not what they tell us, what we see.

1: they lie.  All the time.   They cook the CPi results.  They cook the employment numbers.  They cook everything they can.  
2: people are hurting.  The cost of food is making it difficult.
3: people are tightening their belt.  Every Saturday night I get sent to post the bar area in town.  We can notice the trends.  It’s a visible difference in the amount of people that go, and this is during tax season, when people are more likely to toss money around.
4: housing prices are pushing the middle class out of home ownership.

It make not have a hard or soft landing, I just know that the ride is bumpy as hell.

Long term I wonder one thing.

The interest rate hikes will cause issues down the road.  You think we have a “student loan crisis” now.  Wait till the people signing loans at today’s interest rates start paying.  
I got my rate at like 2.3%. Rates right now are 3x that. Sure they don’t make payments while in school, but give it a few years and they will start.  That’s a large chunk of money.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:13:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

They don't know shit about fuck.  6 months ago everyone was in the hard landing camp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry doomers!

No.  6 months ago, as clearly seen on the chart, only 30% of the analysts being tracked as on record, were in the Hard Landing camp.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:39:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I thought they were deficit spending to the tune of $1 Trillion every 100 days or so now?

On a more optimistic note(not really), we talked to our realtor friend yesterday and the small investors are unloading their properties.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The deficit spending is not 100% related to interested.  They have to spend for Medicare, Medicaid, Defense, etc.

And for homes, the supply is picking up.  As insurance renewals and property tax increases continue to increase, the profit margins compress.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:59:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm on the no landing category also. But for a different reason.

Warning: long post, ain't no body got time for that... which also explains what I'm about to say in my second point...

I believe we don't give proper credit to what I described our situation, for lack of a better phrase, "a different time".

I think we are just in a different time. There used to be two things that were very common in life that are different now. The speed of information and the decline of fraternal organizations.

I recall the day we had a DTN (satellite info service)unit setup in the house back in the early 90's. Strictly for the purpose of being able to get commodities futures info faster, to execute a better order. That was big shit. It was live (ish). You still had to call or fax a guy to get it done. Now look what happened? Everyone has super computers in their pockets now.  Back Then the second best was a satellite stream outside of sitting in a pit at the CME. Now it's literally automatic and automated. A true speed of light equation.  

Speed changes everything. It allows for decision at light speed. That's something kinda new. Even back in the 08' time frame, we had to log on a desk top or look at a tv for ticker data. Not no more..... do things tip over? Sure, but maneuvering fast enough allows one to dodge the proverbial bullet, and realign, reallocate, and re-engage very fast. COVID tested my theory out. By the numbers my portfolio should have been halved, but it wasn't. Fidelity has some serious OODA loop shit built into their algorithms and systems. I observed a 15-20% drop instead of 50%.

Secondly, the decline of fraternal organizations. Let's face it, the internet changed everything. It just did. Top to bottom. Why does that matter? It's no secret fraternal organization of any kind has had declining membership for a while. Masons, eagles, elks, Kiwanas, churches, softball leagues, local race tracks, Grange..... you name it. All of them, All smaller. The internet and social media changed fraternal organizations.

Why does it matter? The consumer resiliency is easy to explain in my opinion. The American society no longer clutches pearls together in a face to face fashion. Older generations would worry/panic, hit the stop button and camp out together (obviously this is a generalization) anyone somewhere around GenX and down has the response of "meh" and goes about what they're doing. (Again generalizing)

The bedrock of economics is confidence. If people aren't that worried, they'll continue to consume, produce and invest.

TLDR; it's a different time, with different people, and a high level of idgaf...
View Quote

Interesting take. Probably the best post in this thread. (Not hard since most of it is 2 sides screaming at each out like bugs bunny and daffy duck "rabbit season!" "duck season!" "rabbit season!" "duck season!")
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top