Quoted:

That's been a rule here since forever.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Regarding this rule:
Do not delete ad text, including prices, or subject lines. Doing so may result in a temporary suspension from the site. Leaving the subject lines and prices intact allows others to search items out and gauge current market value.

Objectively, allowing this is straight up data mining. With all the expressed concern about transaction tracking and the site's statements that these concerns are unfounded, how is this even a rule?

That's been a rule here since forever.
That's not the question. It's a rule that specifically allows for data mining and there is a long running concern in this thread about being data mined in the EE. My question is, how is that allowed if the site's response is they will not allow it?

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:24:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 6:50:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

GoatBoy answered this, starting about half way down Page 6.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Equipment-Exchange-v2-0-Is-Live-Welcome-/5-2712189/?page=6
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
So what will be done with transaction records? Will the site know who buys what and start reporting us to the IRS for tax purposes if your selling  I mainly buy and don't sell here. The EE was nice and IMO easy to use. Not sure about this new version.
was this answered already?  as i didnt see anything

GoatBoy answered this, starting about half way down Page 6.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Equipment-Exchange-v2-0-Is-Live-Welcome-/5-2712189/?page=6

thanks, saw that

read it as Archive related only
i was hoping for that specific quote / scenario... given this isnt any flavor of the old ARF  ;)
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 10:57:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't know if this issue has been addressed in the rest of the thread (or I just missed it).

Buyer made an offer that I rejected. We settled on a price via private messages. He paid, I shipped.

I do not have the option to mark it sold; I can only mark it closed. If I mark it closed it eliminates the ability to leave feedback by either party.

So I left the ad open for now but made a note in the ad that it was sold.

It would be nice if one could just mark it sold like how it was done in the old ee.

@GoatBoy
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:42:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:52:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They said you have to do the made/accepted offer thing for feedback to work.
View Quote

That's the issue. Even with the old EE, people were too lazy to leave feedback. Now there's an extra step in the process, so feedback will be even more uncommon, since it's more convoluted for them. If someone sends you an IM saying they'll take your widget, are you going to hold off on the sale and force them to use the "Make Offer" button? Nope, you're going to complete your business, and if they don't feel like going through the extra steps, you'll just close the ad, and that'll be that.

Also, I have a "New EE" ad that I transitioned, and hasn't been bumped in 21 days and is on page 9. Was getting dozens of views a day, now I'm lucky to get one or two.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 12:03:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 8:06:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Don't know if this issue has been addressed in the rest of the thread (or I just missed it).

Buyer made an offer that I rejected. We settled on a price via private messages. He paid, I shipped.

I do not have the option to mark it sold; I can only mark it closed. If I mark it closed it eliminates the ability to leave feedback by either party.

It would be nice if one could just mark it sold like how it was done in the old ee.

@GoatBoy
View Quote

Get your buyer to submit a new offer for the agreed upon price.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:45:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I will say this. Everything I've sold, all interest/communications, have all come within the first 24-48 hours of posting the ad. Past that, it's like my ads drop into a black hole.

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 10:21:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I feel like if the goal was to get people to pay for listings it could have been accomplished without monkey fucking the whole system. But what do I know.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:53:47 AM EDT
[#12]
What the! What was wrong with EE? God I hate change!
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 6:53:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I will say this. Everything I've sold, all interest/communications, have all come within the first 24-48 hours of posting the ad. Past that, it's like my ads drop into a black hole.

View Quote

The entire EE is going to drop into a black hole if they aren't careful.

I still can't wrap my head around what improvement this new EE is supposed to offer.

It really does stink.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 7:00:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Well I made my first purchase and it's a boondoggle trying to leave the seller feedback. I used the EE fairly heavy but this new format sucks. I'll take my ball to tacswap until someone realizes they jacked up the ee.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:53:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Dear site staff and owners, just accept the hard fact that you messed up a good thing and made it worse. That this new ee is a goat rope and just simply roll back the old ee. No harm, no foul.
Also, dont forget to slap the ones who thought this was a good idea in the first place. Sit them in the corner and put them on super secret probation and don't let them touch anything else and definitely dont let them come up with any new "great" ideas. Their new job and soul purpose at ar15.com is to only get donuts and coffee for those who actually care about site functionality and the thoughts of members here and nothing else.
Pro tip, ask your customer base before you dump a bunch of time and money into something if they actually want it or not. If they tell you no, spend your hard earned site resources somewhere else that will actually benefit the people that pay you money to be a member here.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:57:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Dear site staff and owners, just accept the hard fact that you messed up a good thing and made it worse. That this new ee is a goat rope and just simply roll back the old ee. No harm, no foul.
Also, dont forget to slap the ones who thought this was a good idea in the first place. Sit them in the corner and put them on super secret probation and don't let them touch anything else and definitely dont let them come up with any new "great" ideas. Their new job and soul purpose at ar15.com is to only get donuts and coffee for those who actually care about site functionality and the thoughts of members here and nothing else.
Pro tip, ask your customer base before you dump a bunch of time and money into something if they actually want it or not. If they tell you no, spend your hard earned site resources somewhere else that will actually benefit the people that pay you money to be a member here.
View Quote
lol, username does NOT check out.

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:12:43 AM EDT
[#17]
I work in corporate America and see this shit so much. Some dweeb in corporate that hasn't seen the outside of their office in 10 years comes up with a great idea to improve things but it always ends up being convoluted and time consuming for no real good reason.

I do like the photo uploader though
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:39:54 AM EDT
[#18]
@GoatBoy

Seems like the testing for this new EE should have gone to the Goat Brigade prior to being made live. Why have a testing group if it is not utilized?
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:00:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
@GoatBoy

Seems like the testing for this new EE should have gone to the Goat Brigade prior to being made live. Why have a testing group if it is not utilized?
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#20]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:07:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep.. because you can’t bump ads like you use to. They “bump automatically,” except that they don’t.. or it takes a month until they do.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 1:01:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yep.. because you can’t bump ads like you use to. They “bump automatically,” except that they don’t.. or it takes a month until they do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The only workaround I've found is to close the ad and make a new one every 3-5 days.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 12:11:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Totally agree! If it ain't broke then don't fix it! Meh.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:28:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

They want to monetize it. Can’t have all those transactions going on and not get a cut.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:20:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Yeah, the new EE sucks bad.
I kinda get what they were trying to do, but since the old was easier, clearer, and really had no major problems, it is the New Coke of Arfcom.
Only complaint I had of the old EE, was when you said I would take it, it would not give it a green mark so you could easily find what and whom you bought something from.
Let me know when it gets switched back.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:19:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Is there a way to make a counter offer to a submitted offer?
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 6:04:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Why are "New" and ""Pre-Owned" bold and the item description isn't.  Makes it hard to browse listings when your eyes are naturally drawn to the bolded lettering.  

How about moving new/pre-owned to a different column????

The listing process looks easy enough.  Can't be worse than what ebay has turned in to.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 12:44:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Can someone explain the Place Offer thing? Purpose of that?
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 5:20:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's just a way to open negotiations with the person who posted the ad. If it's a fixed price sale, you're offering to buy at listed price. If it's not a fixed price sale, you can offer to buy at lower than listed price as long as you meet the minimum offer that the seller has set. If you want to offer less than listed price for a fixed price item, then you'll have to negotiate via IM.

You won't be able to leave feedback for any deals negotiated outside the 'place offer, accept offer, sell (or buy) item' structure of the new EE unless both parties go through the defined process.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 1:09:43 PM EDT
[#30]
I used the New EE for the first time recently.

Likes:     For the first time, I as a non-paying member could post pictures from my phone.

Dislikes: Had to sell all 13 items as one lot.  Kind of a pain, as I had multiple buyers contact me wanting part of the lot. Wasn't willing to go through the entire
            re-listing process again and I would have been limited to two listings anyway, if I had been.

It was an absolute goat fuck trying to leave feedback, took me nearly 30 minutes of button-pushing to find the right place.  

Lots of places where one could go wrong and screw the other party inadvertently (i.e., the 'Help' button is apparently to report the other party for an
            infraction, not to actually offer HELP WITH THE DANG NAVIGATION/TRANSACTION PROCESS! ).

I'm not a fan, but that's my constructive criticism in the most respectful way I can offer it, in the spirit of this thread.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It's just a way to open negotiations with the person who posted the ad. If it's a fixed price sale, you're offering to buy at listed price. If it's not a fixed price sale, you can offer to buy at lower than listed price as long as you meet the minimum offer that the seller has set. If you want to offer less than listed price for a fixed price item, then you'll have to negotiate via IM.

You won't be able to leave feedback for any deals negotiated outside the 'place offer, accept offer, sell (or buy) item' structure of the new EE unless both parties go through the defined process.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really need to fix the terminology. Fixed price should be "I Would Like To Buy It Now" or something.

There's 2 ads by a seller.
#1: Fixed Price ad. Button says "Place Offer". Seller has OBO in ad.
#2: Make Offer ad. Button says "Place Offer". Seller does not have OBO in ad.

I get that part of the ad confusion is on the seller's part, but the forced system compliance stuff isn't helping and arguably is contributing to the confusion.

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 2:01:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Were people really trying to haggle enough to where we had to complicate the normal "I'll take it, send an IM, leave feedback" system?
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 4:27:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Really need to fix the terminology. Fixed price should be "I Would Like To Buy It Now" or something.

I get that part of the ad confusion is on the seller's part, but the forced system compliance stuff isn't helping and arguably is contributing to the confusion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree 100%. I asked for similar solution a week or two ago.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 4:41:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#35]
You just keep on shutting them down goaty.

90% or better say it fucking sucks though.

Too bad your name wasn’t Aaron, cause you done fucked up!  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 4:44:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I also agree that changing the button to "Ill take it" brings it back to traditional understanding and we can clarify that it's an offer to take it, but up to the seller to accept who they wish to sell to based on their own criteria. (Could be who was first, someone they know, etc.)

This should be updated sometime this week! Also working on a better offer system to keep transactions smooth and simple. (Counteroffer option, notes for each side to share, etc.)
View Quote

Or maybe just go back to the non-fucked up version. ???????
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 5:14:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Closing the other thread was a bad move. The fact that it’s “been a bitch fest” is something of a clue. Failed product launches tend to elicit such responses from a user base.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 6:01:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Attachment Attached File

Shut me down a couple of times.

There wasn’t anything wrong with the old EE.  

It’s what most of the people liked.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You just keep on shutting them down goaty.

90% or better say it fucking sucks though.

Too bad your name wasn’t Aaron, cause you done fucked up!  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14611/IMG_1991_jpeg-3180191.JPG
View Quote

"Be a part of the discussion" aka be ignored
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Closing the other thread was a bad move. The fact that it’s “been a bitch fest” is something of a clue. Failed product launches tend to elicit such responses from a user base.
View Quote

I really want to be supportive of the site, but there is simply not one redeemable quality I can find about the new EE.  Zero.  It's in no way motivated to me to want to post on it or buy from it.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#41]
It should come as a major clue that damn near all the complaints have been about reduced functionality.

The only complaints about visuals have been about the thumbnails taking up too much room. If people were bitching just to bitch, there'd be a lot more "omg its ugly now".
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:06:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
OK this is my proposed recommendation for multiple item listings, until we have the full system in place:

1) set quantity to the number of items you are selling in the listing (ie i have 12 items in my listing, so quantity 12)
2) choose accept offers and set the price to the highest value of the item in the listings (if your listing includes a high priced item, we will need to adjust quantity limits for the time being, so please let us know!)

Why do it like this???

1) As people make offers, you can update the listing with what sold (like before) and the quantity will drop by 1.
2) Each quantity equals 1 feedback for each party. This means you'll get 1 feedback per item in your listing.

This is not the way the system is intended to work, but it's the best temp solution to both handle multiple listing items AND ensure you can leave enough feedback for each item. We will adjust quantity restrictions as needed to make it easier for you all to use it for now. Once the updated system is in place, we will make sure to ask everyone to use things properly and roll back some changes.

Does this sound ok and make sense?
View Quote

Actually it does. I sold some items in the EE and while it was different and I had to do some fast research for feedback. The picture uploader is better, but with the old one you could always add more in a reply. I still use the old EE option for surfing. I’ve seen allot of bitching in the now locked thread but honestly my items were sold but out of three items only one left feedback and I know most are to lazy as I bet I’d have over double what my score is now, but if only one out of three is a sign feedback is going to die.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:08:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

@GoatBoy
View Quote

Good point, that happened to me so I just marked the ad as sold.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 9:45:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Or maybe just go back to the non-fucked up version. ???????
View Quote

Oh yeah!
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:03:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#46]
What was wrong with the old ee?
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:06:06 PM EDT
[#47]

I was going to try to list an upper, but honestly it's so confusing now I think I will just list it on GB, though I hate their system.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:13:52 PM EDT
[#48]
It's not going back to the old way, so you can either be part of making it a better solution or not
View Quote
How many times do people have to ask, exactly what was wrong with the old forum that this new version fixes?

You want a say in how things work, what could be better, or what you wish it could do? Now is the time.
View Quote
Yes, simply go back to the previous form that has worked perfectly fine for years.

It does seem like you are saying two different things here.  On one hand, you are asking what could be done to make it better, but yet you are also saying that "its not going back to the old way".   Long term members have resoundingly expressed their dislike of the new forum, and I have yet to see a simple explanation on why it needed to be changed in the first place.  If its simply to create a platform for easier monetization, simply say so.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:17:31 PM EDT
[#49]
but I am asking you to stop the trolling and try to help shape the future
View Quote
What exactly is the future that I a missing here?  I'm genuinely curious...
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:23:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It's simple. Productive conversation about specific issues and approaches leads to correction. Complaining and saying it sucks 100 times without any value does nothing to help.

Change happens. Was this perfect? No, far from it. We accept that failure and are busting our tails to make it better. It's not going back to the old way, so you can either be part of making it a better solution or not, but I am asking you to stop the trolling and try to help shape the future. You want a say in how things work, what could be better, or what you wish it could do? Now is the time.

View Quote

No one is trolling though? Were enough people trying to haggle that we needed to complicate the previous system?

I've seen comments about people gaming the old feedback system, considering how often people *didn't* leave feedback, why was the decision made to make the process *more* complicated? I'm genuinely curious.
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top