BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2024 11:39:29 PM EDT
Interesting.

Even Wisconsin Has A Homeless Problem Now
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:49:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Local Fox Valley city just passed an anti-camping ordinance because of what I assume the video said; didn't watch.  Another, openly welcomes illegals and has people sleeping in parking lots.  Same city, my wife saw a guy sleeping on the sidewalk in a puddle of piss.

I can only imagine southern WI cities have it worse.  Don't know, don't go to those commie s***holes.

Thanks, free everything and open borders.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:51:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WI_Bill:
Local Fox Valley city just passed an anti-camping ordinance because of what I assume the video said; didn't watch.  Another, openly welcomes illegals and has people sleeping in parking lots.  Same city, my wife saw a guy sleeping on the sidewalk in a puddle of piss.

I can only imagine southern WI cities have it worse.  Don't know, don't go to those commie s***holes.

Thanks, free everything and open borders.
View Quote

Is there a single city left in the US these days that actually does something about these homeless trash?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:54:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By jackthom8:

Is there a single city left in the US these days that actually does something about these homeless trash?
View Quote

Se us is in a diff circuit court, and the interior states are in another.

In the district court in the se us, they had case law to allow banning camping. Quite different than the 9th circus.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:00:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Arty8:
Interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn7PkBOxHGY
View Quote

Madison and Milwaukee have had a homeless problem for decades. They have 55% of the states homeless population. Milwaukee has had a seasonal tent city under 794 since 2018 or so. None of this is new.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:24:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Milwaukee now has tents and RVs popping up at the freeway park and ride stops for the buses.  Of course , we’ve had the panhandlers by the freeway ramps for years.  Trash.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:32:53 AM EDT
[#6]
The damn mild winter I tell ya!
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:48:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LordEC911] [#7]
La Crosse is pretty bad now.
I remember when visiting there, only seeing the occasional bum downtown in summer and had no idea what they did in the winter.
When I got older, I realized there was a pretty big drug culture around the area but never really saw much evidence.
Started seeing all the "Police Activity" videos and saw the park at the river front is basically a homeless camp now.

Simple Encounter Turns Into Complete Chaos

Guy Rolls Up To Save His Girlfriend From Police, Doesn’t End Well
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:03:31 AM EDT
[#8]
The difference is now I see more beggars, even in small towns. Not just serious drug cases.

There are a lot more transient people who stay with random other people or friends/family til they get kicked out or cause problems etc. Those are just as bad or worse sometimes
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:08:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Always been around, but certainly getting a bit more visible to people who weren't looking before. It's always been a bit more visible in Madison when they camp right across the street from the capitol giving every tourist a first hand experience of the crazy.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:59:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Yet OXiden is polling a tick higher than Trump in Wis.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:05:59 AM EDT
[#11]
We've definitely seen an uptick of homeless in my small area. I have lived here my whole life and have never seen this many. Many are clearly illegal immigrants.

I go shopping with my wife and kids every weekend. I just don't feel safe with them out there alone.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:11:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Madison built a fenced in area up with tiny homes for the homeless 2 years ago.

Homeless has been a problem in madison for 25+ yesrs.

Hell here we have got a few of them that live in their cars and rv's.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:18:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Pay attention next time you walk through a parking lot. Or go to a city park. There's always a few cars that are set up to live in.
La crosse has (had?) Huge camps in their parks.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:23:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: diesel1] [#14]
Originally Posted By vsdtrek:
Milwaukee now has tents and RVs popping up at the freeway park and ride stops for the buses.  Of course , we’ve had the panhandlers by the freeway ramps for years.  Trash.
View Quote

There were about 12 campers/RV's/tents in the North College Avenue park and ride lot last year. And I've seen the same thing at other lots along I94. I've been told that the lots are State of WI property, and the local municipalities cannot do anything about them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:27:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pdm] [#15]
Lol. I had a meeting back in the mid 2000's with the University of WI at Madison. When the attendees found out I was from SOCOM three of them got up and left the room.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:44:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ryandushku:
The damn mild winter I tell ya!
View Quote

Ayup…need a week of -30F to chase this riff raff away.  Wife goes into the office one day a week (works at the capital building) and the aggressiveness of the bums prompted her to start carrying pepper spray now.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:49:54 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Not if they don't want to get sued by the federal government.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:50:25 AM EDT
[#18]
There are certain places maybe even call them “cities” with zero homelessness.

They are all corporate owned or gated communities.  Example, Main Street Sarasota
has LOTS of Beggars and homeless druggies.Liberal run public place.

Only a few miles away, Lakewood Ranch Main Street is clean as Disney.  Why?  It’s privately owned.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 6:51:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By pdm:
Lol. I had a meeting back in the mid 2000's with the University of WI at Madison. When the attendees found out I was from SOCOM three of them got up and left the room.
View Quote

UMad has been a cesspool of liberal bullshit for long time.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:17:29 AM EDT
[#20]
traverse city has a huge homeless problem called the pines.  alot of crime its always catching on fire.  Libs who run the city are torn, give them more money, but isnt going to help all the tourists and people that own second homes.  One lib was on tv saying that all these multi million dollar lake homes that sit vacant for 7 months should do the right thing and put them up and they arent paying enough for the problem.  sure lady they are paying 20 to 50 grand in non homestead taxes.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:19:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lorax] [#21]
So, I attend a local business roundtable by invite only annually and after the local businesses and city/county leaders meet and discuss plans and successes, in which most of that is on the backs of small business making the investment and putting it all on the line, the meeting comes to it's close with any more comments, suggestions or just talk about the local economy or business. It's a lighthearted and fun affair.....until the end.....

That's when it turns into what I have now called, "The Beggar's Ball"
Sensing a chance to hopefully grab a few bucks, the whales in the rumpled thrift store clothing stand up and tout their latest 501c "Charity Org" and blow problems completely out of scale. The others get fidgety, now wanting to make their case and not be left out of any possible money grab. One by one, each cause more dire than the last.

So the one whale, between stuffing her yearly fill of complimentary scones and coffee into her face hole, goes on about the homeless problem she is addressing in the biggest town of 30k.
She says they serve up to 7 and now need houses for them to long term transition from homeless into home owners.
So basically, she's asking for unlimited free housing which will be trashed and the countertops will be used as a toilet.
She claims that people are moving here with no way to support themselves and have no homes of jobs. the look on everyone else's face was the same....."Well, how the fuck did they wind up here in the first place?"
She said more are coming and the need will grow. I have no doubt it will, when you have advocates such as her pushing for it and "feeding the wildlife", all while getting grants and money to eventually create paid board positions that she will be the head of, of course.

I can't quite wrap my head around having $4.87 in your checking account, no car, a substance abuse problem, no home and saying....."Hey, a good move at this point would be to wander into a small rural farming community and demand services."

It's going to get worse. Through my work, I'm seeing the 15-20 people stuffed into rental homes in town now, mattresses lined up in basements and not an English speaking person to be found. A drive into town now sees a lot of people hanging out on the porches of the run down old places turned into cheap duplexes.

And I'm hearing this from everyone I know pretty much everywhere.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:20:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Providing aid only draws more in and helps very few. We had some churches that wanted to buy up an old school to convert to a homeless shelter. It got voted down. Another church was letting them camp in the woods behind it. Solid Waste came in and started fining the church for all the trash and waste it was creating. Homeless camp went away. They only spread to other areas but never fully leave or become productive.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:38:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Paul] [#23]
Originally Posted By LordEC911:
La Crosse is pretty bad now.
I remember when visiting there, only seeing the occasional bum downtown in summer and had no idea what they did in the winter.
When I got older, I realized there was a pretty big drug culture around the area but never really saw much evidence.
Started seeing all the "Police Activity" videos and saw the park at the river front is basically a homeless camp now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh8c3my2RXc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVlAjU3bZpg
View Quote

Homeless people being releases on signature bonds for felonious assaults on police officers?

Does the judge and district attorney not live in the jurisdiction?

The most shocking thing is the number of homeless lawyers. I guess that works out for the others because most of those lawyers were giving free legal advice.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:38:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By LeadBreakfast:

View Quote

Really weird scene. The fuck sticks that left the room were the SMEs that were in charge of the technology that we were exploring so their leaving essentially ended the meeting. I guess the guy running the meeting on their end never told the commies that we were DoD.

No sweat though and we lifted and shifted to Vanderbilt who were more than happy to play with us
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:53:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:53:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Brotherbadger:

Madison and Milwaukee have had a homeless problem for decades. They have 55% of the states homeless population. Milwaukee has had a seasonal tent city under 794 since 2018 or so. None of this is new.
View Quote
Agreed. I was in downtown Madtown and the worst thing was the drunk students. There were homeless, always were, but not particularly worse.

Madison is a bit different though because have the granola hippies liberals running things and they do a decent job at some of the bleeding heart stuff. They are dying off though so soon it won't be as nice. The new mayor for example is a new type liberal, not like Paul Soglin was and the other more traditional libs.

WI also makes them into bumbicles so there is an upper limit of what infestations will happen.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:56:18 AM EDT
[#27]
It’s mainly a problem for the shitty cities.

All cities of any size, like, over 10k, are generally liberal leaning, or full on libtard.

Add a college and you can guarantee they are libtard.

In WI, they are mostly in the south, except fo Eau Claire and the Fox Valley.

They can have the pissy bed they made, they are citiots, so it is no surprise they are where they are.

La Crosse, Madison, Milwaukee, all the same…
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:57:24 AM EDT
[#28]
There are 2 types of homeless people

- down on their luck
- make lots of bad decisions

The 2nd group is all I have ever seen in the Midwest.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:03:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By pdm:
View Quote

So there are libturds there too!
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:03:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Clarinath:

All cities of any size, like, over 10k, are generally liberal leaning, or full on libtard.

They can have the pissy bed they made, they are citiots, so it is no surprise they are where they are.

View Quote

This is the truth. No need for fancy videos, graphics, studies, etc.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:05:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: runcible] [#31]
Back in the 30's, hobos riding the rails had their own language of sorts - a collection symbols they'd draw near railroad tracks and yards, to pass information to other hobos.
One of those symbols was the symbol for "Danger."
That symbol appeared as a warning to other hobos that a particular area wasn't safe for them.
In areas where that symbol appeared, hobos had a habit of... disappearing.

Say what you want about the ethics or morality of it... those areas didn't have a homeless problem.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:07:43 AM EDT
[#32]
if I were homeless I'd split my time between WI, late spring, summer, early fall and Florida in the winter.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:13:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Rob940:
Madison built a fenced in area up with tiny homes for the homeless 2 years ago.

Hell here we have got a few of them that live in their cars and rv's.
View Quote

Workin in and around Madison a lot I will see the same car parked somewhere weekly, windows covered, someone gets out of it in the morning.

Nothing really new in the area.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:24:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By LeadBreakfast:

View Quote

Somewhat yes, but not all of it.

I know plenty of people who work there and multiple alumni who are most definitely not liberals.  

There’s a left slant there in some aspects yeah, but it’s nothing like say, Berkeley.

It’s also one of the better universities in the nation and is quite highly ranked in many areas.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:48:07 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

You can add Sheboygan, Appleton, and Green bay to that list.

Sheboygan has been adding lots of high density hosing lately. They are looking at adding over 2000 housing units to a 1/2 sq mile area that was recently annexed south of the city.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:04:51 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Tholo:
Pay attention next time you walk through a parking lot. Or go to a city park. There's always a few cars that are set up to live in.
La crosse has (had?) Huge camps in their parks.
View Quote

It’s getting warm out here finally.   I was at the store and saw two shitbirds come from the woods next to the parking lot and sit down on the curb outside the door of the market.  They were vaping while sitting on the curb when I went in and they were still sitting there vaping on my way out about an hour later.  I didn’t hear a panhandler pitch but then again I don’t give out that softy vibe.   Perhaps they were just chilling before going shoplifting for groceries, they were wearing a lot of baggy clothes for the temperature.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:26:37 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

It's the classic urban versus rural. Rural interests and values do not align with urban values and interests. But thanks to Reynolds v Sims, rural interests will be disenfranchised forevermore in state legislatures.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:30:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Rob940:
View Quote

Absolutely nothing new for Madison (fuck that wretched hive of scum and villainy).
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:32:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Church soup kitchens are enabling this life style.
Homeless drug users flock to the free food then the dealers set up shop.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:41:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By NAM:

Absolutely nothing new for Madison (fuck that wretched hive of scum and villainy).
View Quote

Madison is a great city if you can ignore the left-leaning politics(which is easy to do for most normal people).
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 10:23:03 AM EDT
[#41]
I traveled through Milwaukee for the first time in awhile last night and was surprised at the tents in the park and ride lots along I-43 and I-94.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top