Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/25/2024 10:46:23 AM EDT
This morning before work I opened my safe to get out some documents and I was looking at my pistols hanging on racks and I found a Walther PPS in 9mm I forgot I had. I was like WTF, oh yeah. The strange part is I kept having dreams about having this pistol and I would wake up thinking it was just a dream about a pistol I used to own. This is better than finding a $20 bill in your pocket. I need to get out all my rifles now and see what is in the back that I don't know about.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:50:48 AM EDT
[#1]
i find them all over.  in boxes, in back seat of my truck, in the safe, etc.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:50:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Opposite.   There are guns I used to have, and I dont recall selling them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:55:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Nope.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:02:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Few years ago I searched everywhere for a single shot 20 gauge.   Went to ever local gun shop in two states.

Only to find one in my safe.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:04:15 AM EDT
[#5]
how can you forget a safe?
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:08:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Hell, I left a S&W mdl 19 in a duffel bag of old hunting clothes for something like 12 years.

I found it only because I was trying to locate the holster and pistol belt it was on.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:09:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the opposite problem. I am missing a revolver and a shotgun that I just can not find. I don't believe any one stole them. I think I put them in a safe spot and now I can't find them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:10:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes.  All the time.

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't be stupid people.
Our enemies would love to portray us as stupid, forgetful people that aren't up to firearm ownership.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:15:39 AM EDT
[#10]
I found a couple halves of guns I'd forgotten.

An AR upper. I sold the lower to an Arfcommer in CT years ago and just stuck the upper in the back.

Also, I once bought a cheap Glock 23 and immediately got a 9mm slide/barrel for it. The .40 top end was still in my safe, and I forgot about that for a long time. I was just about to purge the .40 ammo from the ammo fort, too.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:18:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By IT_Cowboy:
This morning before work I opened my safe to get out some documents and I was looking at my pistols hanging on racks and I found a Walther PPS in 9mm I forgot I had. I was like WTF, oh yeah. The strange part is I kept having dreams about having this pistol and I would wake up thinking it was just a dream about a pistol I used to own. This is better than finding a $20 bill in your pocket. I need to get out all my rifles now and see what is in the back that I don't know about.
View Quote

I know that folks won't believe this, but this happens to me all the time. I'm always finding guns that I forgot about.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:20:38 AM EDT
[#12]
No, I have an inventory spreadsheet that I keep updated.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:28:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mortgage_Payer:
Don't be stupid people.
Our enemies would love to portray us as stupid, forgetful people that aren't up to firearm ownership.
View Quote

I don't give a shit.  None of them are ever going to view gun owners in a positive light.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:29:38 AM EDT
[#14]
I'll have to look.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:35:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By efpeter:
Opposite.   There are guns I used to have, and I dont recall selling them.
View Quote

Same. I either sold or somehow lost a very nice bolt gun. Looked for it the other day. Not in safe. Havent shot it in years. Cant imagine I would have sold it but it is nowhere to be found. Now I have 600 rds of .308 and nothing to shoot it out of. Guess it is time to buy another rifle.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:39:06 AM EDT
[#16]
No, but I recently found a 10-pack of AR magazines that are of mysterious origin
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Nope, I can honestly say that I have never found a firearm or firearm accessory like that.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#18]
I once bought a pretty little Browning Citori 20ga with oil finished stock and case hardened receiver.  My kinda gun!
I justified the purchase because it was sooo pretty, and besides, I didn't own a 20ga Citori.

While moving things around in the back of the safe, finding its new nest, I pulled out...a 20 ga Citori.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Not in the safe but I did find a G22 under the truck seat I'd completely forgotten that I even owned.

It was new gun day without spending any money that day.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:06:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Never a gun but don't ask me to give you a number on how many are in the safes. I did find two ammo cans of 30-06 once that I had forgot I had . I had them in a spare bedroom that my shepherd would use to sleep in sometimes.  He would go in and stick his head under the bed and go to sleep. I don't know why but I thought what if one of the legs snap and the bed falls on his neck.I can be weird like that sometimes so I slid two ammo cans I had bought from CMP and just forgot about them. Found them last year and my shepherd died 5 years ago.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Not guns, but apparently I went on an AR parts buying spree at one point. I found a few complete BCGs in the garage the other day. Forgot I had them.

Also found a Wolff complete spring kit and gas wrenches for an M1A I sold a while back.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:25:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Hesperus:
Nope, I can honestly say that I have never found a firearm or firearm accessory like that.
View Quote

This.

I don't have nearly enough to forget what I have
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:26:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Found an SKS under the back seat and a few cases of ammo in back of the shop under some stairs. It's like Christmas 🎄
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:28:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Pretty sure I’ve bought a gun and realized I already had one when I went to put the new one in the safe. But my memory isn’t what it used to be and I might be imagining that happened.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:29:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By CleverNickname:
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:29:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Once I get the vault done, I will almost be afraid to actually get all my ar mags in one place. I know there is a chest rig with 8 loaded mags next to the gun safe, another with 4 mags, plate carrier with 4 mags. A bag in the garage with probably 10 mags in it, plus maybe another 20 mags in the garage somewhere, 10-20 in a box on the shelf above the safe. I know I have at least twice this amount, just not sure where they all are.

I keep joking with the wife she wont have the vault combo, because then she will be able to see everything I have. I keep looking at wall mounts for the guns, and that scares me, how many do I really need, probably 1.5 times what I think I need.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:31:24 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

A sign of "engaging in the business of firearms dealing" per the ATF....
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Not a gun but I did find an 80% lower that I hadn't milled yet. I have no idea why but it was in my dive bag.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:34:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Don't be stupid people.
View Quote

When 13ers only own a Shield and Anderson AR, it’s easy to keep track of them….
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:36:35 PM EDT
[#30]
I found a Colt lower and an MUR-1A upper I forgot I had. Both brand new still and quite lonely.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:37:27 PM EDT
[#31]
No I keep detailed lists and logs of my firearms, farm equipment, and personal tools I keep on my work truck. I don’t like losing stuff.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:43:36 PM EDT
[#32]
No but I have dreams all the time where I still own a bunch of the guns I've sold over the years.  Kinda weird since I don't actually miss any of them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:46:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Curmudgeon762:
Pretty sure I’ve bought a gun and realized I already had one when I went to put the new one in the safe. But my memory isn’t what it used to be and I might be imagining that happened.
View Quote

I do that a lot with  Ketchup and Mustard when grocery shopping

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:48:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Found a few lowers I forgot I bought...
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:48:42 PM EDT
[#35]
I built a spare parts AR and gave it away when I found it a few years later
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:49:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:49:41 PM EDT
[#37]
yes
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:50:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Hey, at least I have never left one on the back of a public toilet like a buddy did once.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:53:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#40]
I found a Walther P-1 in the back of my safe years after I had been convinced it was lost in a trunk dump when I rolled my car into a water filled ditch at high speed.

I still owe a Deputy a new pair of boots , he waded in the ditch up & down my trajectory until he stepped on my carry glock, which had been on the passenger seat next to me in its holster.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:56:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Nope
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:57:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By ranging-by-zipcode:

I do that a lot with  Ketchup and Mustard when grocery shopping

It was bugging me because I knew I had done it but couldn’t for the life of me recall the gun. Then I realized it was an AR-9 lower (still a gun technically). Bought a new one and tossed it on the shelf and saw I already had one in the pile.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:58:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By TheLookingGlass:
I have the opposite problem. I am missing a revolver and a shotgun that I just can not find. I don't believe any one stole them. I think I put them in a safe spot and now I can't find them.
View Quote

Same here.

I have a new box with manual and all for a Vortex Strike Eagle I can't seem to track down.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:58:21 PM EDT
[#44]
California passed a law last year that you have to certify you have confirmed possession of all of your firearms in the last 30-days when taking delivery of a new gun. Not sure when it goes into effect but the intent is to make it easier to get search warrants
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#45]
late 90's early 2000's bought a ton of milsurp guns and if they were super cheap I'd buy a shooter and a nicer one as a collector, safe filled quickly and I stuck several in back corner of closet completely forgot about them til I moved enfields, mosins, sks, caranco, k98 etc. Recently did an inventory and found some ammo and several parts kits i forgot I in the closet.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 12:59:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Never a gun, but sometimes I find pocket knives in a safe that I had forgotten about. I CC the same pistol like clockwork but I frequently swap pocket knives.

I also find random ammo cans with mags or ammo in them from range trips in the past. Recently it was a can with 200rds of 115gr Blazer and 2 G26 mags.

We haven't owned a G26 since 2015
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:03:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By MartinSsempa:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MartinSsempa:

Oh, you have so many you can't keep track anymore and may have sold some but you can't recall? You're selling so many you can't remember, so you're engaged in the business.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:17:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Don't be stupid people.
View Quote

Yeah, this one thread will tip the balance against us.

They already think of us as stupid, dangerous people. When they demonize gun safety programs for kids that proves it's not about "safety." They despise anyone that opposes their agenda.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Yes
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:23:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pukindog] [#50]
No. Although I often tell people I can't remember what I own, I actually know exactly what I own.

I have had trouble finding something I wanted to rake to the range, and had to empty 3 safes to find it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top