Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 5/15/2024 12:55:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CDW4ME]
My wife texted and said a teacher was upset and cried about a meeting.
I said I've never seen a man cry at work excepting pepper spray training.

You ever see a man cry at work?

ETA:
Female.
This was not an evaluation.
No job loss.
Just a meeting.
Feelings hurt.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:57:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:57:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a man and I cry at work all the time.

Some of the work I do is sad as hell.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:58:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I sometimes see it from men in court after they hear that they are going to prison for a long time.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#4]
You never know what struggles people are facing in their lives.  Have they just lost a loved one, maybe their spouse/child was diagnosed with cancer.  I try not to automatically judge people not knowing what they may be going through.  (Exception being nutty liberals - they cry all the time)
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, and I have. Men typically need a better reason to cry than just having a bad day though. 100% of the time, it was related to getting a phone call about a death in the family.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:00:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackHoleSon] [#6]
Yes. Industrial accident when a young guy had a huge piece of machine fall and a sharp edge severed all the tendons/ligaments in his forearm

ETA: Also I did a few years ago when my dad was about to be intubated from covid and the hospital wouldn't let me bring my daughter to see him before he went under
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:00:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep. The memes afterwards were fantastic.

I would have felt sorry for him, but it was all because of his lies. He was in way over his head and I was sick of carrying his weight.

Also, narcissists seem to be prepared to cry for sympathy whenever it may benefit them.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:00:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Sure have. More than once.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:00:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I believe you would get your ass kicked if you tried that shit where I worked. And you would be mercilessly teased and hazed about it for the rest of your employment, as god himself intended.  

IMO, there is only 1 reason a man can cry, the death of a loved one.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:01:13 PM EDT
[#10]
A couple of my professors cried when Trump got elected, literally crying and had to cancel classes. They were females though fwiw
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:01:26 PM EDT
[#11]
We had an old dinosaur forklift at work. No safety pin holding the fork on the rail. A welder was lifting something stupidly and the fork slid off the rail and onto his foot crushing it. He cried, I saw it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:02:15 PM EDT
[#12]
No. No, man! SHIT NO, MAN! (FULL HD)
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:02:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kraquine] [#13]
Yes

Dude was in his late 30's. We were underway and had been doing surge ops for 96+ hours, non-exercise. He had been awake most of the time and it broke him. He had to be carried out of CIC.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:03:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes. His outfit came in for some machine work. They all started screwing with him about something and he suddenly disappeared. I looked out back and he was leaning against the building blubbering to himself about everyone fucking with him.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:03:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheLookingGlass:
I believe you would get your ass kicked if you tried that shit where I worked. And you would be mercilessly teased and hazed about it for the rest of your employment, as god himself intended.  

IMO, there is only 1 reason a man can cry, the death of a loved one.
View Quote

Sounds like grade school.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:03:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Back when I was a divorce attorney I used to make men cry at work at the time. I doubt any of them ever had to hold a flashlight for their Fathers.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Libertas:
You never know what struggles people are facing in their lives.  Have they just lost a loved one, maybe their spouse/child was diagnosed with cancer.  I try not to automatically judge people not knowing what they may be going through.  (Exception being nutty liberals - they cry all the time)
View Quote

Yes. I have. In those situations, they are no less manly. They just need compassion.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:04:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I was in the office when a coworker friend got told his mom had passed.

I'd say he earned it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Yep. Not too long ago.

He's an awful employee.
He's been proven to be a liar, at least about his work history/experience.
He doesn't know shit about how to do the job but acts like he's been a master machinist for 40 years.

He got into a yelling match with our former supervisor, which ended with coworker crying and yelling back.
Somehow neither were let go following this.

He fancies himself a gun guy and retarded as he is, he's almost certainly on Arfcom.

Fuck you, Rain man. You make all our jobs harder.
You don't know shit. Shut your mouth and do what we tell you, how we tell you, when we tell you.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:04:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Learned one of my buddies killed himself at work

I cried

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By seaskidoo:

He fancies himself a gun guy and retarded as he is, he's almost certainly on Arfcom.

Fuck you, Rain man. You make all our jobs harder.

View Quote
If you see him looking at his phone and crying, you'll know you were right.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:05:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:05:49 PM EDT
[#23]
He was just a kid, but at 18 yo, a man.  
We were carrying a prehung exterior door with two sidelight windows and he was struggling.
I said something along the lines of c'mon man!  Yer acting like a little girl.
I felt bad, but not too bad.

Unrelated, he is dead now.  Was drunk at a bar downtown and mouthed off to the wrong guy,
one punch to the jaw, head hit the curb. DRT
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#24]
JFC, yes. It was sad and pathetic at the same time. He was a fucking pussy. Doing the whole hyperventilating and gasping for breath thing and all.

He had the decency to step off the floor and was at his desk when I walked into the office from the warehouse and walked right into it. Said he didn’t know why it was happening, but he was dog-shit terrible at entry level supervisor role.

I couldn’t let him back into the warehouse and let employees see this so I drove his sobbing ass home in his car and uber’d back. He didn’t last much longer.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:06:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Not in a public forum. Privately in their office or in a break room - yes, several times.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:07:24 PM EDT
[#27]
A good cry can be very cleansing.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:07:46 PM EDT
[#28]
I got the call that my grandfather had died while I was at work.

I cried, I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:07:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Saw a guy tear up at work the day after he had to put his dog down.
That dog was the only buddy he had in life.
I had to cut him some slack for that.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:08:11 PM EDT
[#30]
I’m way to freakin tough to cry but I do get allergies which makes it appear as though I’m crying. Sucks!
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:08:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Buried 2 long time friends and coworkers, one from suicide, one to cancer.
Yeah, I cried.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:09:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Yep, during layoffs. Its a bitch of a thing to walk into the room with your manager, and walk out with no job.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:09:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Nope.

Complete rage-outs/mental snap? Yes.

I've seen three women cry. One due to an injury. The other two due to boyfriend/husband issues.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:10:24 PM EDT
[#34]
my manager came to mine and my co workers office and started crying when the company said they was gonna restructure and thought they wasn't gonna let him be a manager anymore. it was kinda funny until he said and I quote "now I'm just gonna be a peon like yall"
Like that was supposed to make us feel bad for him. Only a F'n narcist could come up with that BS
3 weeks later when the newest structure came out he was bragging how he was over more people than the other managers. People that weren't even local or in his field. He sent them all emails, even though everyone knew that this wasn't the way it was gonna be structured, because it was the third or fourth time they had released the structuring. It eventually ended up about like it started.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:11:56 PM EDT
[#35]
I resigned from a job once and my boss was fighting back tears.  It was super weird.  I guess it really caught him off guard.  And this was a tech role during the early dotcom boom shit.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:13:46 PM EDT
[#36]
I watched a ships electrician aboard a Chinese ship collapse to the deck and begin crying. Like face in hands tears crying.

I asked the Captain for help running a cable to the fly bridge. He calls the electrician to his office and starts yelling at him. Guess he was supposed to do it and forgot.

I managed to get from the electrician that he had been working almost two days straight with no sleep
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:15:12 PM EDT
[#37]
I've seen one person cry from work-related stuff. Was a dude in his mid 20's. Went and sat near a fence and had a good cry because his project was spiraling out of control. Oil field.

Recently had an employee cry due to family illness, but I have no problem with that. Take some time and gather your thoughts and let me know how I can help.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:17:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Few days ago I couldn't hold it in but I put my dog of 11 years down because of cancer and she wasn't a candite for surgery..

I dont mean a few tears, I am talking full bore ugly face cry.
Close the door to my office and sobbed like an 8 year old girl in a bicycle accident
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:17:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Yep. I stood next to two parents who's baby just died. The body was there and so was the doctor. They were losing it and I looked at my colleague and he was crying also. This dude is a bad ass retired Marine DI that was my mentor. Tough dude. They walked out, I grabbed a little body bag and tagged it. Sad shit.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:17:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lorax] [#40]
Many times.

Supervisors at Roadway, Stalag 120. The highest efficiency in the 411 terminal system. Super stressful.

No lunch, no breaks, no sitting down. Shifts were usually nothing under 11 hours. Seven days a week.
People openly slugging it out. If anything, just screamed at to get back to work. Many times I would turn over an area to see the guy I'm replacing have a ripped shirt, tie off to the side and dried blood on it and his face.

Guys would go to their cars after a shift and just break down. It was a horrible existence. I spent 2.5 years there, climbed the ranks and just walked out to take a 3.5 month solo paddling and backpacking trip after standing at an open terminal door looking at a sunrise and said...."Fuck this". I had no plan, but anything was better than that hell.
Walked away from it all.

This is the atmosphere they created. And combined with other factors eventually sunk YRC
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Well.  I mean they are human.  

It happens.

And yes.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:18:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Yup, made two previous managers cry.

First one because I called out his BS when he mistakenly (drunkenly) emailed me the salary of new hire that was going to report to me. This "manager" didn't do much of anything and myself and another guy were essentially running the department.

Second one was a certifiable sociopath that would set up no win situations for his direct reports and then try to humiliate them in front of others. He tried to wrangle me into one of those because I was getting too many accolades from the owner of the company. That doesn't fly with me so I let him know what I thought of him in right in the middle of one of these little games. Started sniffling with some tears...
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:18:21 PM EDT
[#43]
I'd cry too, if I had to work with most of you fuckers.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:18:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Yes, on several occasions.
Probably the worst case was a long time employee got fired for "stealing" floor tiles left over from a re-tile in the offices from the trash dumpster.
When the contractor finished the tile job they tossed a few boxes of tiles in the trash.
This guy saw this and later climbed in the dumpster and pulled out the boxes and put them in his vehicle. It was all on video.
Management didn't like the guy so they fired him. Being fired meant the guys pension was eliminated. 30yrs and BOOM!
Dude was crying like a woman begging them not to.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:18:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Yes. Depending on the circumstances, sometimes men outside GD cry.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:19:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Crazyascanbe:
Few days ago I couldn't hold it in but I put my dog of 11 years down because of cancer and she wasn't a candite for surgery..

I dont mean a few tears, I am talking full bore ugly face cry.
Close the door to my office and sobbed like an 8 year old girl in a bicycle accident
View Quote

Sorry man, that shit is awful. Totally OK to do what you need to do.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
If you see him looking at his phone and crying, you'll know you were right.
View Quote

Thing is, if he would have come here, been humble and tried to learn something, he would be ok.

Instead, he thinks he knows exactly how to do everything, the "right" way.
He will inject himself into conversations with the worst suggestions imaginable.
He gets very upset when brushes aside his batshit solutions.

His current deal is to absolutely refuse to do any work outside his machine.
Filling up the coolant? Nope, that's not his job, won't do it.
Helping out another guy with some deburr? Nope, not his problem.
Sweeping up after a day of production? Hahaha hell no. "I wasn't hired to be a maintenance guy or custodian"

Oh and he's an open carry retard.
"When I carry, I want folks to know who they shouldn't fuck with." -RainMan, on his 3rd day when he walked in with a 1911 on his hip. I don't actually care but on your 3rd day at a brand new job, maybe keep it concealed.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:20:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By HellifIknow:
Yes, on several occasions.
Probably the worst case was a long time employee got fired for "stealing" floor tiles left over from a re-tile in the offices from the trash dumpster.
When the contractor finished the tile job they tossed a few boxes of tiles in the trash.
This guy saw this and later climbed in the dumpster and pulled out the boxes and put them in his vehicle. It was all on video.
Management didn't like the guy so they fired him. Being fired meant the guys pension was eliminated. 30yrs and BOOM!
Dude was crying like a woman begging them not to.
View Quote

Damn thats fucked up
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:21:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sdc360] [#49]
Yes, had two marines in full dress uniform come to our plant to break the news to one of our employees his son had committed suicide.

I saw them as they walked into our reception area and my heart immediately sank. I’d had many conversations with him about how proud he was of his son.

Very very very sad day, lots a tears shed by many in the building.

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:21:48 PM EDT
[#50]
No.

I have seen men have mental breakdowns before though including one where the guy just went into the fetal position on the ground and sort of rocked himself back and forth.

It makes sense though that more men are crying in public.  Testosterone levels are at record lows and so estrogen in men is probably higher than ever, which  means that men are more impacted by emotions than men of previous generations.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Top Top