Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2024 1:35:12 PM EDT
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV -  If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

I think some interpretations use the word evil instead of wicked.  

When the Bible says wicked ways, or evil ways, is that different from sin?  We are all sinners, we all fall short.  But when the Bible says, "wicked ways", how bad is wicked?  Is that different from just sinful?

I would think, or hope, that wicked would be more like those in our nation who are pushing children into sex changes and the lifestyle G-d calls an abomination, and taking children away from parents who object.  That is as evil as it gets.  But is the person who opposes that, but may find themselves lusting, cursing, or thinking impure thoughts and repenting of it "wicked".  I would think not, but want reassurance.

I don't see this person changing his ways anytime soon.  I know with G-d, all things are possible.  

This is obviously evil.  Not just how he dresses and acts, but the agenda of converting as many children as possible to his way of thinking.

And yes, with G-d, all things are possible.  I think this is about what it would take to change R. Levine and his agenda:

Ezekiel 39:6   And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the coastlands: and they shall know that I am the Lord.

Hopefully, "among them" means major cities being hit, and not the entire nation.  As bad as I hate to say it....... but we all know that pure evil is eminating from a dozen or so major cities in the US.

I know I am a sinner, but does that classify me as "wicked"?

Link Posted: 3/13/2024 3:52:50 PM EDT
[#1]
A 'sin' was an archery term for a shot which missed the target, there were no bad or evil associations.  Later to say that people sinned meant still that they missed the mark (religion wise) but with no other implications.  In the last couple hundred years the word has been used differently.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 12:28:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tech-Com] [#2]
I know it's not popular to make this point as we all want validation and to share in judgement the things that we find upsettting, but I consider this.

And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted up to heaven? No, you will be brought down to Hades! For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Sodom, it would have remained to this day. But I tell you that it will be more bearable for Sodom on the day of judgment than for you." (Matthew 11:23-24)

The flesh in me labels the person in your photograph with all the negative thoughts and connotations I would have thought about Sodom if I were an Old Testament Jew. However, in this verse Christ is teaching us that only he knows the special investments he has made in each of us and that his judgements may not be anything like we expect, especially if we are like Capernaum and think ourselves lofty.

In the below verse he acknowledges this same lesson and that he is still having to remind all of our Churches that they do not have any powers of judgement.

Then I will strike her children dead, and all the churches will know that I am the One who searches minds and hearts, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds. (Revelation 2:23)

As to acts of the flesh, if a person has issue with another person's flesh then they need to make their walk in the spirit as attractive as possible. A marathon of those walking in the spirit with the fruits of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control will help others find The Way to overcome the flesh.

With Love, Jesse

Link Posted: 3/16/2024 2:10:48 AM EDT
[#3]
But my curiosity is about what our Father calls "wicked".  

2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV -  If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
View Quote

We are all sinnners, and I doubt we can ever truly stop being sinners.  But what rises to the level of "wicked ways".  IMO, or what I want to believe, is that day to day sin that we all do, doesn't rise to that level.  But pushing kindergarten aged children into transgenderism, IMO or what I want to believe, is wicked ways.  Our Father says "my people, which are called by my name" which makes me think He means Christians.  There are Christians who have gone over to the LGBBQ mentality, and are accepting and pushing young people into it, and I would like to think this is an example of "wicked ways".

I'm Christian, and I'm a sinner.  But my sin is my own, and doesn't cause others to sin.  I'm hoping there is a difference between being a 'garden variety sinner' and being of "wicked ways"

If R. Levine just wanted to be a tranny, that would be sin.  But since he wants to push children into that lifestyle, IMO, that is wicked.  But I don't know if R. Levine calls himself a Christian.  I do know that a lot of churches have gone over to LGBBQ.  Romans I.

But again, I ask, what would our Father consider "wicked ways"?  I'm just using trannyism as an example here, and there is any number of other examples of what I would call wicked.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 11:08:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tech-Com] [#4]
Here is how I temper myself. Paul teaches that some things are contrary to the fruits of the spirit and the things that are "obvious" are to be exposed. He isn't invoking the use of the list of the law, but rather those things so obvious there is no need for the law to define them. I also think when we do expose these things that we can't become the judge of someone's salvation, just try to intervene in the obvious.

Have no fellowship with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. (Ephesians 5:11)

18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity, and debauchery; 20idolatry and sorcery; hatred, discord, jealousy, and rage; rivalries, divisions, factions, 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. (Galatians 5:18-21)

Link Posted: 3/16/2024 12:30:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discerning evil is not judging someones salvation.  How can we protect the next generation if we cannot discern evil?  R. Levine's salvation is not an issue or concern for me, it's his actions.  Are we to let the LGBBQ community to continue to take the next generations because we cannot call their behavior sinful?  

Link Posted: 3/16/2024 5:28:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tech-Com] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MaximusEmanatus:
Discerning evil is not judging someones salvation.  How can we protect the next generation if we cannot discern evil?  R. Levine's salvation is not an issue or concern for me, it's his actions.  Are we to let the LGBBQ community to continue to take the next generations because we cannot call their behavior sinful?  

View Quote
Every time my YouTube feed recommends a debate between a theologian I know and an atheists I don't know, I figure regardless of the content that atheist has won the debate by exposure alone. I think we have to consider that much of the fears we have for our children and the next generation are from those of the flesh motivated out of spite against judgement. This spiteful motivation will continue and the action that we can take that is contrary to them and that will directly oppose them are the fruits of the spirit. The old ministry of condemnation only increases the children of Satan and this spiteful behavior. The power this transgender person used to gain their position only exists in spite of us, much like the things Paul talks about with regards to Sin and it's relationship to the Law.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MaximusEmanatus:
But my curiosity is about what our Father calls "wicked".  

We are all sinnners, and I doubt we can ever truly stop being sinners.  But what rises to the level of "wicked ways".  IMO, or what I want to believe, is that day to day sin that we all do, doesn't rise to that level.  But pushing kindergarten aged children into trannieism, IMO or what I want to believe, is wicked ways.  Our Father says "my people, which are called by my name" which makes me think He means Christians.  There are Christians who have gone over to the LGBBQ mentality, and are accepting and pushing young people into it, and I would like to think this is an example of "wicked ways".

I'm Christian, and I'm a sinner.  But my sin is my own, and doesn't cause others to sin.  I'm hoping there is a difference between being a 'garden variety sinner' and being of "wicked ways"

If R. Levine just wanted to be a tranny, that would be sin.  But since he wants to push children into that lifestyle, IMO, that is wicked.  But I don't know if R. Levine calls himself a Christian.  I do know that a lot of churches have gone over to LGBBQ.  Romans I.

But again, I ask, what would our Father consider "wicked ways"?  I'm just using trannyism as an example here, and there is any number of other examples of what I would call wicked.
View Quote
How close is this to the concept for mortal vs venial sin? My knowledge on this is pretty limited, and I ask this as neither a Catholic/Orthodox or a Protestant. I do agree with your contention that committing sin yourself, like Levine, is bad. But actively bringing others to sin is of much greater magnitude of wrongdoing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top