Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2024 5:26:22 PM EDT
I did a post earlier on trained people not wanting to continue their field in GD. Responses were expected...

I know many are in shithole places with shitty DA's, CA's and the like that want to hammer you for doing your job.

I would like to encourage your to expand out of the shitholes an work in places you never thought of.

Currently my department is down over a quarter and the best we can get is a lifegaurd at the local pool. It is bad.

When I went in at another department there was 5000 applicants for 10 jobs. Now, not so much...

I encourage you that want to work at 'Camp Snoopy' to apply at places away from the shitholes and continue your career in a nicer place.

Specifically the Park County WY and Cody PD are in need of experienced people.

Live next to Yellowstone and enjoy 'Camp Snoopy"

I would like to FTO someone with a clue. Come join us!
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 5:54:42 PM EDT
[#1]
"Mayberry" departments are usually that way due to simply not being sued...yet.
A single incident can cause an overnight 180 by a mayor or Sheriff(despite Arfcom's naive love of elected LE politicians) or set the Civil Rights Industry, including the DOJ, on an officer/deputy as a target of opportunity. They especially hate peaceful majority white areas where crime and criminals get effectively held in check.
At this point, I don't consider it a moral act to encourage decent men to remain employed in LE.
America doesn't deserve them.

Link Posted: 2/8/2024 6:22:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By feudist:
A single incident can cause an overnight 180 by a mayor or Sheriff(despite Arfcom's naive love of elected LE politicians) or set the Civil Rights Industry, including the DOJ, on an officer/deputy as a target of opportunity. They especially hate peaceful majority white areas where crime and criminals get effectively held in check.
At this point, I don't consider it a moral act to encourage decent men to remain employed in LE.

View Quote

Hate to say it…

This couldn’t be more TRUE.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#3]

View Quote

Subscribing in curiosity.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 3:16:26 AM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

As the man said, deserve's got nothing to do with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top