Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2021 9:55:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: astrocreep96]
Hi all,

Looking for some fall shaving soaps.  Currently using a Phoenix Artisan Atomic Bay Rum, as well as Oaken Earth of Mankind and Far Afield.

They're all fine, but I would like some Fall/Winter scents.  Maybe Stirling Gatlinburg?  Up for other suggestions.

Edit - ok well shit.  Bought Declaration Grooming Darkfall, as well as Southern Witchcraft Autumn Ash and Necromantic.  I will let you know what I think but I'm still up for winter suggestions.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 12:47:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Sudsy Soapery Sandalwood and Citrus. I think they also have an after-shave balm in the same scent.

Warm...but not heavily so. Great product. Very sophisticated scent profile w/o being obnoxious.
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 8:03:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JK_Pyre] [#2]
nvm
Link Posted: 9/30/2021 8:04:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JK_Pyre] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JK_Pyre:
nvm
View Quote

nvm
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 8:41:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Here’s my Stirling Soap yearly lineup…

Winter;
Ozark Mountain
Evergreen Forest

Fall:
Texas on Fire
Ben Franklin
Gatlinburg

Spring;
Bay Rum

Summer;
Varen
Island Man

All year round;
Barbershop
Frozen Tundra

Gatlinburg is definitely my least favorite
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 9:01:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I am jealous of the manly beards that necessitate so much soap.

I'm in my 40s and I shave 2 or 3 times a week. (I don't have to be clean shaven every day for my job) My last puck of shaving soap lasted me well over a year - possibly closer to two years. It was long enough that I couldn't remember for sure when I started it.

Or are you guys using multiple picks and just throwing away/storing the old ones?
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I got into DE shaving in 2018 and still have not gone through an entire puck. I purchased several pucks to cycle through because one scent for too long just gets old.

I recently bought some Proraso products which I like a lot too.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 2:19:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NathanL] [#7]
Not the fall specific.

Central TX soaps, Mr. Pepper.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:38:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I ordered some pumpkin spice, triple butter shaving soap from Sudsy Soapery last week. Should be a nice fall scent.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Fall PAA Harvest Moon
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 4:42:52 PM EDT
[#10]
For what it's worth, the 3 soaps I mentioned in the OP all sucked ass.  They smelled like little old lady knick-knack halloween shops.

Live and learn.  And no, I don't grow an awesome beard and go through soaps like crazy, but I do get bored with the smells.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 9:17:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By astrocreep96:
For what it's worth, the 3 soaps I mentioned in the OP all sucked ass.  They smelled like little old lady knick-knack halloween shops.

Live and learn.  And no, I don't grow an awesome beard and go through soaps like crazy, but I do get bored with the smells.
View Quote
Southern Witchcraft apparently has some really good scents, but the one sample I tried was not to my taste. The soap quality is good though.  I don’t think I would buy anything from them without trying a sample first.  They apparently make some really rank ones.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 9:19:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Mitchell's Wool Fat.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 1:50:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TigerForce] [#13]
Tabac. It’s an acquired taste.

ETA: You’ll thank me, a few years from now.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Gunner226:
I am jealous of the manly beards that necessitate so much soap.

I'm in my 40s and I shave 2 or 3 times a week. (I don't have to be clean shaven every day for my job) My last puck of shaving soap lasted me well over a year - possibly closer to two years. It was long enough that I couldn't remember for sure when I started it.

Or are you guys using multiple picks and just throwing away/storing the old ones?
View Quote

At one time I had so many pucks that they many ended up going bad and had to throw them out.  Now I usually rotate between 4 or 5 different soap pucks.
Top Top