User Panel

Site Notices
Fallout Amazon series (Page 20 of 32)
Page / 32
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:32:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
Just wish they had made the Brotherhood of Steel more hardcore.

Their aspirants were just doing things I'd expect juvenile offenders serving time to do.  Where was the physical training? Why wasn't there a selection process for the squires? Whereas the discipline? Oh, and not a single of the Knights was a badass? Not one of them?  Out of the considerable numbers of the Brotherhood of Steel not one Knight is awesome?  Their assault of the New Republic was piss poor and they got cut to ribbons.  

I thought they did pretty much everything else pretty well, but the Brotherhood was portrayed terribly making them a non-factor in the narrative.  

View Quote
West Coast BoS was already shown to be pretty inept in New Vegas.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:33:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Tiberius:

There is still hope for Maximus….Lucy is inspiring heroic behavior out of him. He charged the Observatory for her, not the Brotherhood. I suspect she’s going to end up fixing him, love of a good woman and all that.
View Quote

Oh there is...and then he let a blatant lie carry him to glory.  I think that was very telling.  But I like a rocky hero's journey.  They need to fail.  Repeatedly.  Before overcoming.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#3]

There is still hope for Maximus….Lucy is inspiring heroic behavior out of him. He charged the Observatory for her, not the Brotherhood. I suspect she’s going to end up fixing him, love of a good woman and all that.
View Quote

At least I sure as hell hope not.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:36:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Their aspirants were just doing things I'd expect juvenile offenders serving time to do.  Where was the physical training? Why wasn't there a selection process for the squires? Whereas the discipline? Oh, and not a single of the Knights was a badass? Not one of them?  Out of the considerable numbers of the Brotherhood of Steel not one Knight is awesome?  Their assault of the New Republic was piss poor and they got cut to ribbons.  

I thought they did pretty much everything else pretty well, but the Brotherhood was portrayed terribly making them a non-factor in the narrative.  

View Quote

They definitely dropped the ball on the BoS, but there were trained and fairly well equipped NCR soldiers at the Observatory so it’s not a surprise they took heavy losses breaking through their defensive line.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:37:46 PM EDT
[#5]

I got the impression it was a tranq….figured if they were gonna terminate all intruders they’d have given Bud a gun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:
Originally Posted By feudist:
The Vault 33 water crisis seemed to just get dropped. Was the slaughter of the prisoners and splitting up the population supposed to remedy that?

The water chip is a twofold plot device: first it is a callback to Fallout 1, second I believe it was done in the show to continue to obfuscate how the NCR had tapped into the vault's water supply.

The poisoning of the prisoners is to introduce the question of did Chickenboy Troglodyte do it, or did the person they arrested do it? Because the vault leadership showed no signs of wanting to kill the raiders. The murder of the raiders shows the Overseer that she has a growing dissent problem.

Splitting the population to reinhabit Vault 32 is probably a multifold issue. Partly done because why leave a functional vault capable of producing food and people sitting idle, second to divide the population to further safeguard against both insurrection and discovery of the water issue (or other latent issues that would cause them to question authority).

I think it’s partially to tie up loose ends and separate Norm from his supporters. I think it’s even odds that they were killed by a Dweller for revenge or by Betty to make sure they didn’t talk. Stephanie (a Vault 31er and therefore a “Bud’s Bud”) hooked up with Chet and took him to 32 to separate him from Norm. This enabled Betty to control Norm without harming him, he is one of them after all, even if he didn’t know it. It’s also why Bud didn’t kill him when he bluffed his way into 31.

Didn’t Bud try to kill the brother?

I guess the syringe he was hilariously trying to stick him with could have been a tranq, but without help the brother wakes up and they’re in the exact same position they were before.

I got the impression it was a tranq….figured if they were gonna terminate all intruders they’d have given Bud a gun.

But like I said, if it was a tranq, there’d be nothing for Brain Bot Bud to do without help.  The brother would eventually wake up and they’d be in the same position.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#6]
The best part about watching the show with subtitles is the vault 31 bot was labeled "Brain on a Roomba" while speaking.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:41:04 PM EDT
[#7]

They definitely dropped the ball on the BoS, but there were trained and fairly well equipped NCR soldiers at the Observatory so it’s not a surprise they took heavy losses breaking through their defensive line.
View All Quotes

A bounty hunting ghoul with 200 years of on the job experience played a large role.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

I dunno, the west coast BoS is kind of a shell of what it once was in the games. They were fighting a war on two fronts against the Enclave and the NCR, their expedition to the Mojave resulted in them getting their shit pushed in by the NCR trying to take the Helios weapon, and then you have that whole group breaking off and heading east.

For a semi-secretive quasi religious cult (more or less) who are definitely rabidly anti-mutant, anti-ghoul, and unwilling to share tech with anyone (and tend to take it by force from others) eventually they are going to deteriorate to a point they are no longer capable in combat... which I believe is what we are more or less seeing in the TV show. This is 2296, well past the west coast BoS heyday. Unless this group is only a splinter sect and not indicative of the actual west coast BoS (which should be led by a Maxon) and the "real" BoS is yet to show up.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:51:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:

Oh there is...and then he let a blatant lie carry him to glory.  I think that was very telling.  But I like a rocky hero's journey.  They need to fail.  Repeatedly.  Before overcoming.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:

Unlike before, he was doing his part right up to when Hank KOs him, that got him the street cred for the others to believe Dane. He’s handicapped by the shitty upbringing he got from the Brotherhood…..I get the impression he’ll eventually overcome that and actually become a hero. Having finally won the respect of his comrades, he’s gonna want to keep it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:56:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Wish it wasn’t written by degenerates. It’s far raunchier than the game ever were. Even fisto wasn’t grossly vulgar. Not watching with my kids for sure.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:59:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By fike:

A bounty hunting ghoul with 200 years of on the job experience played a large role.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fike:

The Ghoul stopped them from rolling up and annihilating the remaining defenders, the Knights had broken through and were routing the NCR when the Ghoul intervened. From the outside shots it was a bloodbath for both sides.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:28:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Lucy: "What happened to my mother?"

Moldaver: "I think you know."

What a kick in the head.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Was the one-eyed Vault 4 overseer played by Morty's dad?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:34:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By trainfreaky:
View Quote

I like to think of him as Dr. Spaceman
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:38:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By BMSMB:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trainfreaky:

Even though I mainly know him as Cyril... I still just refer to him as Dr. Spaceman as well.

Don't know why... that is just burned into my mind.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Cypher214:
The best part about watching the show with subtitles is the vault 31 bot was labeled "Brain on a Roomba" while speaking.
View Quote

Had to pause while I 'd
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 4:19:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By dhmjr40:

Truly.
View All Quotes

If someone thinks the Fallout show is so woke that they can’t even stomach it, then they probably think that 99.9% of films and tv shows are woke too.

Seems like a sad way to live.

Truly.

What can I say, some people live to a value system while others compromise 🤷‍♂️
Those who can’t accept honest feedback seem to be a sad way to live 🤣
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 4:20:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By follybeacher:

View All Quotes

If someone thinks the Fallout show is so woke that they can’t even stomach it, then they probably think that 99.9% of films and tv shows are woke too.

Truly.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 4:21:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BMSMB] [#19]

View Quote

And when some people smell shit everywhere, maybe they should check their upper lip, instead of saying everything is shitty.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 4:24:43 PM EDT
[#20]

And when some people smell shit everywhere, maybe they should check their upper lip, instead of saying everything is shitty.
View Quote

You got me there buddy. Just sharing my observation. Carry on
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 4:33:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By November5:
West Coast BoS was already shown to be pretty inept in New Vegas.
View Quote

Inept is an understatement.

The BoS raise soldiers from the time their children and yet when they were sitting in the hanger having their class I noticed almost all of them looked to be out of shape with some having beer guts.   Those guys should have been like fanatical Spartans raised in an Agoge system.  It's a warrior cult basically and yet they seemed just like a bunch of juveniles and old men.

Also, the squire selection just made zero sense.  Why did that one woman get selected first? Was her physical fitness better, did she perform better academically, was she observed in some fashion by the Knight that selected her or was there some consensus reached by their instructors?  Hopefully, there is a deleted scene or two that gives us some more details.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 4:34:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Wife and I finished the series last night.  *I've played the fallout games, she's knows nothing about the series except the little she's watched when I played the game*  

For me, I liked it alot.  When I heard the main character was a woman I was alittle hesitant but I think they made the right choice.  Her character is great and you can see her go from the innocent vault dweller to learning how tough the "real world" is.   I will admit, I wish the fight/battle scene at the end was alittle longer.  The last episode seemed like a long build up yo a 5 minute battle.  

The wife love the show.  Loved the main character and the plot twist at the end surprised her.  I only had to explain a few things to her on who is who...or what faction is what.  

I think they definitely got the fan base wanting a season 2 when they showed new vegas.   I'm just trying to figure out the main ghoul character and if he's possibly the mysterious stranger or the vault tec salesman that we don't know the whole story to.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By azmp5:
he's possibly the mysterious stranger or the vault tec salesman that we don't know the whole story to.
View Quote

no. Vault-Tec salesman is just a low level peon, and mysterious stranger was not a ghoul
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Truly.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:57:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Watching a second time - jokes are better.  

Wasteland golden rule - "Though shall get sidetracked by bullshit every God Damn time"  Got to love side quests.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:03:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gutter1000] [#26]
Season two better have the Minutemen and Castle.  And scortchbeast queens.

Attachment Attached File

And mothman.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:08:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Karankawa:
Wish it wasn’t written by degenerates. It’s far raunchier than the game ever were. Even fisto wasn’t grossly vulgar. Not watching with my kids for sure.
View Quote

The games are rated 17+, do you know how silly that sounds?

Only gamers should be allowed in here
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:19:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By mousehunter:

Wasteland golden rule - "Though shall get sidetracked by bullshit every God Damn time"  Got to love side quests.
View Quote

What jokes are better on the second viewing than they were for the first viewing?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By mousehunter:

View Quote

I'm going to watch season 1 over again as well. I'm sure there r small things I missed.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:08:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By azmp5:

I'm going to watch season 1 over again as well. I'm sure there r small things I missed.
View Quote

I'm on my 3rd, it's fun looking at all the little background things, folk reading Wasteland Survival Guide and such
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:17:01 PM EDT
[#31]
I missed the fiddle music.

I don't miss saving every fucking settlement when they have a paper cut, but I miss the fiddle music.

Does ANYONE have a line on an MP3s of that playlist?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:20:17 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm gonna start second run tonight. Thanks to those that have for saying it's better second time through.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:29:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gutter1000] [#33]
Anyone catch the easter eggs, like the phone number they put up on the screen in episode 6, call it.  I did.  Funny!!!

Amazon Prime Fallout Phone Number and Funny Prank

Oh....

Figured out where Betty came from.

Attachment Attached File

Was wondering when they were gonna play the best game theme song ever
NCR Flag and Fallout 4 Theme Scene | Fallout 2024
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:06:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Brok3n] [#34]
Really looking forward to next season and how they handle New Vegas especially with Mr. House. Based on how things ended this season it seems like the NCR is no more or heavily weakened and when taken into account the end credits outro and seeing destroyed Securitrons and the Strip looking even more apocalyptic maybe he's no longer alive or in a stalemate with Caesar's Legion. Either way will be cool to see the BoS duke it out with Securitrons, Deathclaws and these g'damn things:

eta: would be cool to see them also introduce their version of "the Courier"
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:51:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Gutter1000:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/338038/IMG_4331_png-3189979.JPG

And mothman.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/338038/IMG_4332_jpeg-3189980.JPG
View Quote
Boston and Flatwoods are a long way from the Lucky 38.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 2:10:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Can't wait for next season to have the side quest of "Come fly with me."
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 2:20:26 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

The Cleric lampshades the BoS' issues, and says they are basically a dying organization.  That's why (along with him being in charge) he wants to use the McGuffin to kickstart a "new" BoS.

Maybe the NCR/Legion/BoS struggle was too much, even for the "winners", and the damage cause a doom spiral....or maybe all the competent Knights and Scribes are out East in the Commonwealth, and the West Coast is a sideshow.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:20:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By CouncilOfDave:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CouncilOfDave:
Originally Posted By Gutter1000:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/338038/IMG_4331_png-3189979.JPG

And mothman.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/338038/IMG_4332_jpeg-3189980.JPG

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:55:12 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

LOL

You could capture people and make them slaves…

You could get a sex slave companion…

You could crucify Benny…

You can sleep with men, women, and robots…

I wouldn’t let little kids watch the show either…

But when compared to the games…seems about par.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:30:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: runcible] [#40]
View Quote
They are. Almost all of popular culture at this point is woke propaganda... and all of it aimed at attacking me and my culture.
I rarely watch movies or TV shows anymore. The people who make them hate me, and they never let an opportunity pass to tell me so.
How on earth am I supposed to be 'entertained' by that?

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:36:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By runcible:
They are. Almost all of popular culture at this point is woke propaganda... and all of it aimed at attacking me and my culture.
I rarely watch movies or TV shows anymore. The people who make them hate me, and they never let an opportunity pass to tell me so.
View All Quotes

I noticed you deleted the “seems a sad way to live” sentence from the post you quoted.

I can’t imagine why.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:46:03 AM EDT
[#42]

I noticed you deleted the “seems a sad way to live” sentence from the post you quoted.

I can’t imagine why.
View All Quotes

I can’t imagine why.

Even the Nuka Cola is woke!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 8:54:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: runcible] [#43]

I can’t imagine why.
View All Quotes

I can’t imagine why.
Because it was a dumb thing to say, frankly, and including it wasn't necessary.
I think it's sad for people to live in denial.
Now, go watch TV.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:02:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: matto4785] [#44]
Originally Posted By Fulcrum-5:

The Cleric lampshades the BoS' issues, and says they are basically a dying organization.  That's why (along with him being in charge) he wants to use the McGuffin to kickstart a "new" BoS.

Maybe the NCR/Legion/BoS struggle was too much, even for the "winners", and the damage cause a doom spiral....or maybe all the competent Knights and Scribes are out East in the Commonwealth, and the West Coast is a sideshow.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fulcrum-5:

The west coast brotherhood was already a shitshow in 2281 in New Vegas. They never seemed like an organization that was good at adapting. Far too ridged of a structure and belief system. In New Vegas, the Elder admits to Veronica that he knows the organization is stagnate and dying but still refused to open themselves up. It's not a stretch that by 2296, the Brotherhood is in full on decline.

Also, I find it odd that the shows Brotherhood characters are all using Roman names. Maximus, Titus, Quintus, etc. Maybe they recruited from former Caesars Legion people?

And with the one cleric talking about a "new" Brotherhood, he kinda looks like Father Elijah from the Dead Money and Old World Blues DLC, to the point that I had too look up if he were named Elijah. He isn't, but still, could have been a nod to him and the Circle of Steel.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:21:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Now, go watch TV.
View All Quotes

I can’t imagine why.
Now, go watch TV.

Says the guy who claims “99.9% of films and tv shows are woke.”
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:25:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By bagofcrabs65:

LOL

You could capture people and make them slaves

You could get a sex slave companion

You could crucify Benny

You can sleep with men, women, and robots

I wouldn't let little kids watch the show either

But when compared to the games seems about par.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bagofcrabs65:
Wish it wasn't written by degenerates. It's far raunchier than the game ever were. Even fisto wasn't grossly vulgar. Not watching with my kids for sure.

LOL

You could capture people and make them slaves

You could get a sex slave companion

You could crucify Benny

You can sleep with men, women, and robots

I wouldn't let little kids watch the show either

But when compared to the games seems about par.

I think the show is more tame than 1 and 2 if I remember them correctly.    I think the raunchy humor has been toned down a bit on 3 and 4.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:41:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cypher214] [#47]
"I'd offer you some of these cherry tomatuhs but you got a hole in yo neck."

"Sometimes a fella's gotta eat a fella."

"Well go on, ass jerky don't make itself."

Goggins definitely had the best lines.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:41:46 AM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Check your upper lip.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Best acting and best delivery too.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:44:21 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

As expected.  Dude is always awesome.
Page / 32
Fallout Amazon series (Page 20 of 32)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top