Site Notices
Fallout Amazon series (Page 29 of 35)
Page / 35
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:00:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By thirsty:

@skid2041

It’s possible he was the knight who rescued Maximus. Though his character is “Elder Cleric Quintus;” I don’t recall that rank from the games- Elders, yes but not Clerics. It might be in there, I just don’t remember. Likewise I don’t recall Initiates being referred to as “Aspirants,” either. The caveat is, I cut my teeth with FO3 and NV, and burned many hours between them and FO4 and 76. I don’t have experience with FO and FO2.

I guess depending on the lore, it’s possible Quintus came up through the ranks as a scribe and not a knight.

If Quintus was the guy who saved Maximus, he didn’t seem to reserve much if any fondness for Maximus until Dane admitted he/she self injured.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By skid2041:
Originally Posted By djkest:
I have watched the first 2.5 episodes and I have to say, I'm already losing interest.

Too much woke crap
Fake version of the 1950s

Click To View Spoiler

@djkest

Click To View Spoiler

@thirsty

I have a therory the head Priest is the knight who found him. Do you get that vibe?

@skid2041

It’s possible he was the knight who rescued Maximus. Though his character is “Elder Cleric Quintus;” I don’t recall that rank from the games- Elders, yes but not Clerics. It might be in there, I just don’t remember. Likewise I don’t recall Initiates being referred to as “Aspirants,” either. The caveat is, I cut my teeth with FO3 and NV, and burned many hours between them and FO4 and 76. I don’t have experience with FO and FO2.

I guess depending on the lore, it’s possible Quintus came up through the ranks as a scribe and not a knight.

If Quintus was the guy who saved Maximus, he didn’t seem to reserve much if any fondness for Maximus until Dane admitted he/she self injured.

@thirsty

It seemed like he inflected it in the first interrogation. Maybe it was just me. I've only played FO4 though
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:46:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Watching the Deadpool 3 trailer, I just realized Betty from Vault 31 is also Blind Al.
View Quote

Leslie Uggams. She did a lot of TV in the 70s and 80s, notably, Roots.  Won an Emmy and a Tony.  

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:56:03 PM EDT
[#3]

@skid2041

View Quote

Cleric is new as far as I remember. I've played all the games. Each game and chapter seems to use a slightly different rank and title system.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:10:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By matto4785:

Cleric is new as far as I remember. I've played all the games. Each game and chapter seems to use a slightly different rank and title system.
View Quote

I've also played most of the games, and all I recall are things like "Knight", "Scribe", "Elder", and various honorifics on top of those like Head Scribe, Knight Captain, etc.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:23:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Vault 33 was actually one of the nicest vaults to be in.

Especially for women.

Every Vault From Fallout | Full Fallout Vault Lore

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:24:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JDatTOA] [#6]
Originally Posted By MilHouse-556:

The Raiders didn't kill the vault dwellers. There are plenty of clues that they killed themselves and/or committed suicide.
View Quote

When Norm first went to Vault 32 there was a guy missing a limb and maybe a foot. My first instinct was they became cannibals.  When they went over again with Chet(?) there was indications that they had killed each other, and there were onminous messages on the wall something like death to management and we know the truth.  One of the of the bodies that committed suicide by jamming a fork in the toaster the TV was on something about rats getting all the amenities, food etc, but when over populate they eat each other which I think is a hint to cannibalism.  So I think they were eating each other, without the general population knowing, when they found out they rebelled, opened the vault and some left.  I never played the game but I suspect there's cannibals in that environment.

Edit: in the corporate board meeting they mentions rats eating each other.  Just sayin’
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:32:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JDatTOA:

When Norm first went to Vault 32 there was a guy missing a limb and maybe a foot. My first instinct was they became cannibals.  When they went over again with Chet(?) there was indications that they had killed each other, and there were onminous messages on the wall something like death to management and we know the truth.  One of the of the bodies that committed suicide by jamming a fork in the toaster the TV was on something about rats getting all the amenities, foot etc, but when over populate they eat each other which I think is a hint to cannibalism.  So I think they were eating each other, without the general population knowing, when they found out they rebelled, opened the vault and some left.  I never played the game but I suspect there's cannibals in that environment.
View Quote

I assumed they learned the truth about Vault 31 and that was why they tied up the overseer...
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 12:28:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By BMSMB:

I assumed they learned the truth about Vault 31 and that was why they tied up the overseer...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BMSMB:
Originally Posted By JDatTOA:

When Norm first went to Vault 32 there was a guy missing a limb and maybe a foot. My first instinct was they became cannibals.  When they went over again with Chet(?) there was indications that they had killed each other, and there were onminous messages on the wall something like death to management and we know the truth.  One of the of the bodies that committed suicide by jamming a fork in the toaster the TV was on something about rats getting all the amenities, foot etc, but when over populate they eat each other which I think is a hint to cannibalism.  So I think they were eating each other, without the general population knowing, when they found out they rebelled, opened the vault and some left.  I never played the game but I suspect there's cannibals in that environment.

I think that’s it. The 32ers figured it out and rebelled, killing their Overseer and trying to break into 31 to kill them.  I’m the course of this, some sort of failsafe or conditioning was triggered and the 32ers killed themselves. The show on the Vault TV was a documentary on the infamous mouse experiments from the 50s, where they created what should have been a perfect environment for mice but they invariably stopped breeding and died out.

I suspect that 31, and the Bud’s Buds planted in the other Vaults used a continual series of manufactured crises to not only perpetuate their power, but prevent the residents in general from getting complacent.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 12:46:37 AM EDT
[#9]
20 minutes into episode 2 and I see Michael Rapaport getting eaten alive by a mutant bear.

What a prick, lol. Lets see where this goes.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:00:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
20 minutes into episode 2 and I see Michael Rapaport getting eaten alive by a mutant bear.

View Quote

The casting for this show was pretty hit or miss.

Michael Rapaport being cast as a loudmouth coward who dies a hilariously bloody death was definitely a hit.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:05:06 AM EDT
[#11]
It was cool to see Panchorelli (CHiP's) cast in it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:28:12 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote
Fallout has a long history of using has-beens and almost-weres as the talent

imdb the cast for any of the games and take a shot for every name you recognize
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:50:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By VaultDweller:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By VaultDweller:

I don't have that much liquor, and I'd need an ambulance in the driveway. They had fucking Wayne Newton.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:55:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By JsARCLIGHT:

I've also played most of the games, and all I recall are things like "Knight", "Scribe", "Elder", and various honorifics on top of those like Head Scribe, Knight Captain, etc.
View All Quotes

Yep, those have been the main ones along with Paladin and Sentinal. It seems like every game slightly inconsistent with their hierarchy though.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:00:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Soxfan:
Just finished it, great show, was fun. Loved the games too
View Quote
Finished it last night, thought it was pretty awesome.

Never played any of the games & knew very little about them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:50:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

Michael Rapaport being cast as a loudmouth coward who dies a hilariously bloody death was definitely a hit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

I was kinda grinding through the Maximus storyline until Rappaport was revealed to be Titus. I was immediately turned completely off.
Fuck. I can't stand him.
Are we gonna hug and cry and learn and grow?
Well, no. Maximus did something truly petty and vile.
Hmm. Okay, I'm interested now.

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:59:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

In that particular vault, I bet it's no big deal, as calories seem to be no issue at all, although it is mentioned that people starved years ago when everyone had to quarantine and couldn't work the fields.

Times of plenty will always create at least some fat people.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dyezak:
Originally Posted By bluemax_1:

Unless a particular vault was specifically/intentionally populated with a homogenous race, yep, they’d all wind up mixed after ~200 years.

What I found amusing from a DEI cast perspective, is FAT people. In a small, closed society, with limited resources, where you could reasonably expect EVERYONE to have to contribute, the likelihood of there being fat/obese people, is pretty ludicrous.

Eh, I disagree.  Cheap empty calorie foods are easily processed. These foods would likely be in abundance in this situation.  And people don't exactly have a lot of room to roam about, and get natural exersize.  Given most of their time would be spent maintaining their enviornment to stay alive, and not purposful exersize...  I could easily see fat people.

In that particular vault, I bet it's no big deal, as calories seem to be no issue at all, although it is mentioned that people starved years ago when everyone had to quarantine and couldn't work the fields.

Times of plenty will always create at least some fat people.

They grow corn in vault 33, so maybe they are getting some HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) laced foods & beverages?

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:08:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By D_Man:
I took the slow-mo gunfight in Filly to be sort of an homage to VATS.  And the lack of laser weapons was probably to cut down on VFX work/budget reasons, there's a lot of little bits where things looks a little "cheap" in other places similarly.
View Quote

Laser weapons and other cool guns are typically not used by the Fallout protagonists for a bit, until they loot one from an enemy.

You spend a significant amount of the early game rocking pipe rifles and shotguns (or other junky weapons).

So Lucy and Maximus not strapping lasers yet is in keeping with the typical game style.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:14:47 AM EDT
[#19]
They could also be saving the laser and plasma weapons for the Enclave faction, as it would give their faction an extra visual level of "advanced technology" for the show to present to the audience. So far the tech level of the majority of the firearms has been ballistic, for the supposed "big bad" faction (VaultTec excluded) to appear with advanced armor and weapons would significantly increase their perceived threat level to the audience.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:34:23 AM EDT
[#20]
They could also be saving the laser and plasma weapons for the Enclave faction, as it would give their faction an extra visual level of "advanced technology" for the show to present to the audience. So far the tech level of the majority of the firearms has been ballistic, for the supposed "big bad" faction (VaultTec excluded) to appear with advanced armor and weapons would significantly increase their perceived threat level to the audience.
View Quote

I did get a kick out of them using the Junkjet.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Fulcrum-5:

Laser weapons and other cool guns are typically not used by the Fallout protagonists for a bit, until they loot one from an enemy.

You spend a significant amount of the early game rocking pipe rifles and shotguns (or other junky weapons).

So Lucy and Maximus not strapping lasers yet is in keeping with the typical game style.
View Quote

The BoS normally uses lots of them, though. I found it odd that they don't seem to have any.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:39:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Brundoggie:

View All Quotes

Dude taking a babydoll arm to the chest made me LOL.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:39:53 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

I find it odd that there's much of the Enclave left. They should basically be wiped out at this point.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:15:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By MVolkJ:

I find it odd that there's much of the Enclave left. They should basically be wiped out at this point.
View Quote

The Enclave should be virtually extinct and the NCR should be fairly ubiquitous... yet the show pulled the Uno Reverse card.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:35:34 AM EDT
[#25]

The Enclave should be virtually extinct and the NCR should be fairly ubiquitous... yet the show pulled the Uno Reverse card.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MVolkJ:

Which is fine IMO because it’s an adaptation. When they start mentioning the courier, chosen one, vault dweller, etc. I’ll start thinking about the lore.

Until then I’m not getting my feathers ruffled like many of the hardcore fans.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:39:40 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

I'm okay with that, because the show is trying to use every facet of the fictional world in the games to create a narrative for the television audience.

The Enclave is an important and interesting faction in Fallout.

Man, I just wish the BoS weren't so incompetent and pathetic. That's my one gripe about this series.  Hopefully, the East Coast BoS show up at some point and we see what some serious BoS can do.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:45:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:

I'm okay with that, because the show is trying to use every facet of the fictional world in the games to create a narrative for the television audience.

Man, I just wish the BoS weren't so incompetent and pathetic. That's my one gripe about this series.  Hopefully, the East Coast BoS show up at some point and we see what some serious BoS can do.
View All Quotes

You are waaaay too invested in the BoS.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:47:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By fike:

You are waaaay too invested in the BoS.
View Quote

I’m playing fallout 4 rn and I’m riding with the BoS to the very end. Ad Victoriam!
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 12:11:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mousehunter] [#29]
Lots of Fallout videos on youtube right now.  I liked this one a bit.  It tries to explain a lot from the series.  One interesting part was based on a screenshot personal roster of Bud's Buds.
Click To View SpoilerI am lazy with remembering names - so I liked the then and now cross reference of some of Bud's Buds.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Got some bad news for you

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 12:35:44 PM EDT
[#31]
The presence of the Prydwen indicates that the canonical ending to Fallout 4 has the player siding with the BoS against the Institute, which also means the other factions possibly got wiped out (as Fallout loves to basically make you take out all the other factions at the end of 4).

Unless the BoS has multiple airships all named Prydwen.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:18:00 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Extinct on the east and west coast yes. There were likely Enclave remnants in the Midwest though. ED-E stopped at a enclave base in Chicago of I remember right. We still don't really know what's going on in the south either. Between all the military bases in the south and the icbm and air bases in the Midwest, there could still be a sizeable chunk of the Enclave still around.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:20:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Cypher214:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cypher214:

Fuck yeah - that was awesome.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:21:52 PM EDT
[#34]
The presence of the Prydwen indicates that the canonical ending to Fallout 4 has the player siding with the BoS against the Institute, which also means the other factions possibly got wiped out (as Fallout loves to basically make you take out all the other factions at the end of 4).

View Quote

I think siding with the Minutemen can keep the BoS and Railroad around. The Minutemen don't make you destroy either faction, only the Institute.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 1:46:59 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Prydwen-class airship makes sense, or naming her the Prydwen II. The US Navy has a long history of reusing names for vessels.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:25:13 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote
Fuck the BoS
Fuck the Minutemen
Fuck the Railroad
Fuck the Institute

I wish there would have been and ending to 4 where all those pieces of shit lost.

NCR forever!!!
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 5:15:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Siding with Mr. House is the only way.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:14:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:
View Quote

I think even when I wanted to I ended up killing him on accident each time.

I'm terrible at actually trying to manipulate a story line, I just want to see what weird shit can happen.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:26:43 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Swear there's a justified casting director on this team.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:53:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Hobs98:

Swear there's a justified casting director on this team.
View Quote

I thought the same thing.  The original Justified is/ was a really good series.  The quit watching the reboot after a few episodes.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:09:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By thederrick106:

I thought the same thing.  The original Justified is/ was a really good series.  The quit watching the reboot after a few episodes.
View Quote

I finished it but it terrible, but the last 15 minutes was interesting. If a season 2 about that 15 minutes comes out, ill watch it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:36:58 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

One would think that the Continuity of Government efforts in that world would be a bit more extensive than a converted oil rig and some scattered assets.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 1:35:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Brok3n] [#43]

I'm terrible at actually trying to manipulate a story line, I just want to see what weird shit can happen.
View All Quotes

Kinda did the same my first time through but on my second go I went all in for Mr. House and liked the ending better.

Was killing Mr House RIGHT or WRONG for the Wasteland? - A Fallout LORE Perspective

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:48:15 AM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

FO4 had paladins.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:14:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger808] [#45]

I think siding with the Minutemen can keep the BoS and Railroad around. The Minutemen don't make you destroy either faction, only the Institute.
View Quote

Nope, one of the Minuteman quest you can get is to destroy the Prydwen using their artillery.
Same with the Railroad as they’re trying to protect the synths from the BoS, using Deacon to get aboard and plant bombs.

There is a mod that lets you save all factions including the Institute from destruction.
There’s also a mod that lets you destroy everything including Diamond City.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:34:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:

Nope, one of the Minuteman quest you can get is to destroy the Prydwen using their artillery.
Same with the Railroad as they’re trying to protect the synths from the BoS, using Deacon to get aboard and plant bombs.

There is a mod that lets you save all factions including the Institute from destruction.
There’s also a mod that lets you destroy everything including Diamond City.
View Quote

Pretty certain there are 2 quests you can skip that leaves BoS and Railroad neutral towards you and the Minutemen.  Mass Fusion being one of them if I remember right.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:54:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By bagofcrabs65:

FO4 had paladins.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bagofcrabs65:

FO4 had paladins.

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:12:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:14:28 AM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:21:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TxRabbitBane] [#50]

Kinda did the same my first time through but on my second go I went all in for Mr. House and liked the ending better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhiR0OWKTws
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhiR0OWKTws

Nothing matters except killing Benny.  Fuck that guy with a syphilitic deathclaw cock.
Page / 35
Fallout Amazon series (Page 29 of 35)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top