Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2023 11:08:28 AM EDT
I have a female SGT who is due for new body armor.  Appropriate external vests for my male troops are easy to find.  For my female troops, not as much.  What are your gals using and what suggestions do you ask have.  Bonus points of it is ranger green vs black.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 3:38:51 PM EDT
[#1]
What vendor is your agency using for the male officers body armor? Can't their rep size your female officers appropriately?
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 3:21:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Worth noting that NIJ *just* published new standards for body armor, specifically including way more extensive testing for females.

Hard to say how that's going to effect the availability of what you're looking for. New designs won't be approved for probably close to a year...
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 4:00:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By stefbo:
I have a female SGT who is due for new body armor.  Appropriate external vests for my male troops are easy to find.  For my female troops, not as much.  What are your gals using and what suggestions do you ask have.  Bonus points of it is ranger green vs black.
View Quote

United Shield International, Moody carrier with soft body armor that will accept plates.  I think they have it in green, blue, black.  Not cheap but if the dealer gets the soft body armor and the external carrier together as a system, you should be able to submit it to your body armor grant.  Do not get the one with traditional pockets.  They are too small.  Not sure how the females do with it yet.      

https://us.unitedshield.com/portfolio-item/upt-moody/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top