Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2024 11:14:39 AM EDT
Anybody know anything about them? Own one?  I have a shop offering me a new Hot Rod Burst HSS for $899 shipped. I see the price is in line with new examples but how is the quality?

Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:47:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kazual] [#1]
I've read you can get them "like new" here Franklin Guitar Works $649

I've never had one, read they're made in Japan and generally well liked.  I've been tempted to get one myself.  I've resisted thus far for reasons.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 12:53:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, much better price. Not an HSS but still. I think I will pass on the offer.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 2:44:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: trvln] [#3]
ugh
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 5:02:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kazual] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By luv_the_huskers:
Yeah, much better price. Not an HSS but still. I think I will pass on the offer.
View Quote

Sorry, I lack reading comprehension.

Is this it?
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 5:06:24 AM EDT
[#5]
The HSSs are in and out of stock at Franklin. I just got one at $650. Keep an eye out.

They are fantastic guitars for the money. I have a strat ultra and high end Tele and they rival them on fit, feel, and finish. Super resonant with the babicz bridge and perfect fretwork.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 3:32:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Kazual:

Is this it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kazual:
Originally Posted By luv_the_huskers:

Is this it?

Yep. I am passing on the Aerodyne completely. I am working a deal on an American Elite Strat if I can sell some of my current guitars I don't play.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 4:24:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: texas_mustang_01] [#7]
I bought the exact model you're asking about from Franklin for $599 at Black Friday.

I put it right next to American Strats for quality (I have an Am Pro II for comparison). It is immaculate and the pickups sound great. The humbucker is really nice. The bridge is one of Fender's best.

It also comes with a soft case. Even at $699, it maybe the best Strat deal out there.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:54:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I already have a 2001 American Deluxe that is just like butter. This would have been a secondary but I still think I will pursue the Elite.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:09:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I loved the aerodyne so much I bought another one with the other pickup configuration.

It came with a flame maple neck. Its already my favorite.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top