Link Posted: 2/8/2023 1:43:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 1:48:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LuckyDucky] [#7]
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 3:36:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 9:15:40 PM EDT
[#9]
So has any one here used Numakers filament yet? Where is this made? Prices are decent, discounts for volume, free shipping over $30, but is it any good? So many questions.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 12:13:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 11:51:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LuckyDucky:

I have used the PLA+ and it works well. I have not used the PETG yet. Per the website, it is made in the US.
View Quote

I looked at their website and all I see is that their headquarters is in the Virginia, but I can't find a country of origin.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 1:19:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Okay, today I received a spool of Numakers PLA+ filament and so far I have 3 failed prints. This stuff will not stick to my PEI build plate. After just a 1/2 dozen layers it lets go, I then had success using some Polymaker PLA+. Also it seems to be pretty brittle. I still have no idea where this stuff is made, no where on the box or spool does it give a country of origin. It does say they are headquartered in Virginia for whatever that is worth. I will not be buying any more until I get this stuff figured out.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 2:05:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:36:12 PM EDT
[#14]

https://www.numakers.com/faq/

Look at the first question. Interesting about sticking as I haven't had that issue. Do you use a heated bed?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bootleg15:
Okay, today I received a spool of Numakers PLA+ filament and so far I have 3 failed prints. This stuff will not stick to my PEI build plate. After just a 1/2 dozen layers it lets go, I then had success using some Polymaker PLA+. Also it seems to be pretty brittle. I still have no idea where this stuff is made, no where on the box or spool does it give a country of origin. It does say they are headquartered in Virginia for whatever that is worth. I will not be buying any more until I get this stuff figured out.

Look at the first question. Interesting about sticking as I haven't had that issue. Do you use a heated bed?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see made in the USA in the FAQs. Only, "Yes, we manufacture our filaments at our state-of-the-art facility using the most advanced extruders in the market. ". Every other manufacturer that is made in the USA has big bold letters and an American Flag on their product proclaiming the fact.
As for the PLA itself, PEI textured bed, cleaned with Dawn and wiped down with 99% IPA before every print and heated to 65*C, which seems to work with every other PLA I have. It starts warping almost immediately and the lets go. Color me unimpressed. On the plus side it is very neatly wound.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 6:01:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 12:04:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/25/2023 6:05:41 PM EDT
[#17]
If that's the case we need to make it known.
View Quote

I'm thinking they are being misleading. This is printed on the pack.

Now...if it was made in USA, don't you think this would say Made in USA? Instead it says Headquartered in USA.

Holosun should copy that trick, since they are headquartered in California.

Link Posted: 3/3/2023 8:00:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

I'm thinking they are being misleading. This is printed on the pack.

Now...if it was made in USA, don't you think this would say Made in USA? Instead it says Headquartered in USA.

Holosun should copy that trick, since they are headquartered in California.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/467079/20230225_164436-2725125.jpg
View Quote

I'm guessing that's what this company did. All they sell is PETG, good prices but once again no mention of COO.

California Filament

Even cheaper on EBay.

EBay California Filament
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 12:57:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 10:12:13 PM EDT
[#20]
American Filament. Made in Alabama.

Picked up a spool of PLA from a local store, haven't used it yet though.  Maybe it will replace eSun for my PLA filament?
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 10:47:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Anybody with experience with Overture PETG?
I bought a multi-color bundle.

It seems to work OK-ish if I dry before using it. If I get a first layer down smooth, it does OK, but I still get blobs mid-print.
I turned the flow rate way down using live adjust, and it ran a little better. I haven't been able to get it to stop stringing, but it's not bad.

I haven't had any similar trouble with 3DXStat PETG-ESD, Atomic PETG, and Polymaker PETG-ESD. Night and day difference between overture and three other brands.

I'm using mostly default settings in Cura or Prusa. Bed temp 70 to 80, 1st layer 240-255, printing 230-255. Fan off for the 1st 2 layers, 20-30% or off for the rest.
I installed Orca slicer, and the default settings in that make overture work and look better, but the other three brands work and look better too.
All that was on an Ender 5 S1.
Just had two fails in a row on a new X1 Carbon. Same blobs on the build plate while it's trying to put down a first layer.

Link Posted: 6/17/2023 2:53:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#22]
Originally Posted By Tholo:
Anybody with experience with Overture PETG?
I bought a multi-color bundle.

It seems to work OK-ish if I dry before using it. If I get a first layer down smooth, it does OK, but I still get blobs mid-print.
I turned the flow rate way down using live adjust, and it ran a little better. I haven't been able to get it to stop stringing, but it's not bad.

I haven't had any similar trouble with 3DXStat PETG-ESD, Atomic PETG, and Polymaker PETG-ESD. Night and day difference between overture and three other brands.

I'm using mostly default settings in Cura or Prusa. Bed temp 70 to 80, 1st layer 240-255, printing 230-255. Fan off for the 1st 2 layers, 20-30% or off for the rest.
I installed Orca slicer, and the default settings in that make overture work and look better, but the other three brands work and look better too.
All that was on an Ender 5 S1.
Just had two fails in a row on a new X1 Carbon. Same blobs on the build plate while it's trying to put down a first layer.

View Quote

Can you keep temp low while it does FLC?

Prusa allows you to do that. Temp stays at 155 during FLC then heats to final temp for print.

Overture I've used a bit of. 10-15kg maybe. It's decent mechanical print filament, but certainly not a cosmetic grade filament. It likes to print a little cooler but I cannot get it to look decent and be super strong simultaneously. The only brands I have found that I can print hot and clean are Polymaker and Atomic.

To me anyway, Numakers and Overture print nearly identical in their PETG. Which isn't necessarily bad. It is at least very consistent. More than I can say for some brands.
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 3:12:49 PM EDT
[#23]

Can you keep temp low while it does FLC?

Prusa allows you to do that. Temp stays at 155 during FLC then heats to final temp for print.

Overture I've used a bit of. 10-15kg maybe. It's decent mechanical print filament, but certainly not a cosmetic grade filament. It likes to print a little cooler but I cannot get it to look decent and be super strong simultaneously. The only brands I have found that I can print hot and clean are Polymaker and Atomic.

To me anyway, Numakers and Overture print nearly identical in their PETG. Which isn't necessarily bad. It is at least very consistent. More than I can say for some brands.
View Quote
FLC = first layer check?

On the ender 5, I soak the bed for 5 minutes at the target temp before printing. Nozzle at ambient or 165.

Link Posted: 6/17/2023 3:19:28 PM EDT
[#24]
I wish I saved some of the parts I made for work the other day.
I got the test prints in (cheaper) Overture working as well as I could, and wasn't happy.
Didn't have any more ideas, so I put the final PETG-ESD material in and tried it. Those came out looking pretty good. Printed a full bed of those and they were all good.

I'm worried about wasting less material than you have gone through already.
I was already planning to stick with Atomic.

The X1C has been fire-and-forget reliable (for the 24 hours I've had it), but every print I attempted with overture failed in the first 1-2 layers, and was fine in any other material.
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 3:37:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#25]
Originally Posted By Tholo:
I wish I saved some of the parts I made for work the other day.
I got the test prints in (cheaper) Overture working as well as I could, and wasn't happy.
Didn't have any more ideas, so I put the final PETG-ESD material in and tried it. Those came out looking pretty good. Printed a full bed of those and they were all good.

I'm worried about wasting less material than you have gone through already.
I was already planning to stick with Atomic.

The X1C has been fire-and-forget reliable (for the 24 hours I've had it), but every print I attempted with overture failed in the first 1-2 layers, and was fine in any other material.
View Quote

I'd do a temp tower and see where that gets you. Always smart to do a proper filament calibration routine if you are going to print a lot of any filament. That includes temp tower (every color could be different), Extrusion Multiplier test, linear advance calibration, retraction length and speed, the whole shebang.

This is a PETG part with a random Z seam. What that means is the nozzle crossed the center hole over 400 times on this print. This is right off the printer. Zero post processing. So I haven't touched strings, whips, etc.

This is what a properly calibrated filament is capable of in PETG.

Link Posted: 6/17/2023 4:18:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/26/2023 10:29:36 AM EDT
[#27]
The overture worked out a lot better with drying and temperature towers. Separate filament profiles for each brand on each machine is a must.
I'm also an idiot, trying to optimize 2 brands on two wildly different machines at the same time. The X1C is *not* as dialed in out of the box as reviews would have you believe.

Still working out the stringing with the overture, but it's not terrible on dry filament.

I started using a food dehydrator to dry my spools, which seems more effective than the purpose made filament dryers i had. Those are probably better for feeding the machine, not preparing a spool.
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 1:50:54 PM EDT
[#28]
I like NuMakers PLA+ filament but don't be afraid to bump up the temps and print it hot.

I too had issues with it not sticking to PEI bed. I bumped temps up to 235C and that went away.

When I print fast I print it at 260C. Limit max volumetric print speed to 15mm3/s.

Link Posted: 1/1/2024 10:02:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MadMonkey] [#29]
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 10:19:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 10:44:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MadMonkey] [#31]
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 4:25:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Numakers updated their website to be more specific on product sourcing and manufacture:

View Quote

Just got my order from Numakers and every spool is marked made in India.  PLA and PETG...
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 4:47:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Longboat:

Just got my order from Numakers and every spool is marked made in India.  PLA and PETG...
View Quote

I tried telling everyone they were shifty and being very, very careful with their wording.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 5:17:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 9:55:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Filament prints nice so far. One spool I am expecting some tangles as it is a crappy roll up.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:06:12 PM EDT
[#36]
I've probably printed 30 rolls of Numakers so far. I've found it to be more consistent than Esun (no wet spools) and the colors are better than Sunlu (Sunlu red is kinda faded).

I know they may not have been too honest about where they make it, but apparently they did make it in the USA at one point then due to demand and trying to keep prices consistent they started making it in India (still better than China I guess).

I looked into the PLA+ base material they use which is Natureworks 3D850

https://filament2print.com/gb/special-pla/755-pla-3d850-natural.html

https://www.pushplastic.com/products/high-heat-pla-1kg

It's an absolute bargain considering the base material used. Using a 5% discount code (3DR) will get you $13.30 per kg (10 pack) vs $25 per kg on the other brands that market this as their next level above their standard PLA+ material.

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 4:00:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#37]
Originally Posted By memsu:
I've probably printed 30 rolls of Numakers so far. I've found it to be more consistent than Esun (no wet spools) and the colors are better than Sunlu (Sunlu red is kinda faded).

I know they may not have been too honest about where they make it, but apparently they did make it in the USA at one point then due to demand and trying to keep prices consistent they started making it in India (still better than China I guess).

I looked into the PLA+ base material they use which is Natureworks 3D850

https://filament2print.com/gb/special-pla/755-pla-3d850-natural.html

https://www.pushplastic.com/products/high-heat-pla-1kg

It's an absolute bargain considering the base material used. Using a 5% discount code (3DR) will get you $13.30 per kg (10 pack) vs $25 per kg on the other brands that market this as their next level above their standard PLA+ material.

View Quote

I've been using them more lately as well. I used to use Polymaker (I print about 40kg/mo) but their quality fell off a cliff.

Only complaint with Numakers is their PETG is extremely stringy comparatively and I haven't yet sorted it out. I'm printing really cold (225) and have insanely high retraction for direct drive (1.5mm) and it still strings like mad out of a 0.6mm nozzle.

Well one more complaint is their later adhesion falls off a cliff above 55mm/s print speed. Infill starts to get broken up, etc.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 1:22:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 11:43:39 AM EDT
[#39]

Not exactly. I believe they were making it through a contract manufacturer in the USA (at the time I posted about that) and then moved it overseas. They changed their website to be more clear when some people posted about it. But then they moved it overseas anyway.

They clearly are not made in USA anymore if marked made in India.
View Quote

I will say their PLA prints pretty well. Probably better than Polymaker. It might even be the best printing PLA I've used.

Their PETG is extremely, extremely gooey and stringy.  Also when doing an EM the multiplier came out to being a 1.05 to print lines properly. I emailed them and they said their PETG should actually be under extruded, closer to a 0.95.  I can't help but feel that will cause issues and dimensional instability but I'm going to humor it and I'm printing a piece now.

They also never filled my last order, despite it saying fulfilled. The shipping info they sent me 11 days ago stills ays that the carrier is awaiting the package. They aren't sure where it is.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:47:59 AM EDT
[#40]
I've been getting polymaker asa off of amazon - 4 out of the last 12 rolls have been wound incorrectly and jam up.

It's either threaded under itself, or wound too much on one side pinching it between the roll and the filament.

Does anyone have a better source for ASA? I don't see any listed on the sheet. I'm getting great prints from it when the roll unwinds like it should.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:56:48 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:04:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By stewie97:
I've been getting polymaker asa off of amazon - 4 out of the last 12 rolls have been wound incorrectly and jam up.

It's either threaded under itself, or wound too much on one side pinching it between the roll and the filament.

Does anyone have a better source for ASA? I don't see any listed on the sheet. I'm getting great prints from it when the roll unwinds like it should.
View Quote

Prusament ASA is fantastic. It prints perfectly.

Depending on your printer you can try Numakers. It is stupid cheap, especially in bulk. My Prusas hated Numakers but my Bambu X1C loves it. Prints as well as Polymaker ever did.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:46:09 PM EDT
[#43]

Depending on your printer you can try Numakers. It is stupid cheap, especially in bulk. My Prusas hated Numakers but my Bambu X1C loves it. Prints as well as Polymaker ever did.
View Quote

Thanks! I’ll check them out.

It’s a Bambu X1c as well - if things work out I’ll get getting five more to run production with them. Having to drive back to the shop at night for AMS overload errors is getting old.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:31:02 PM EDT
[#44]

Thanks! I’ll check them out.

It’s a Bambu X1c as well - if things work out I’ll get getting five more to run production with them. Having to drive back to the shop at night for AMS overload errors is getting old.
View Quote

As an added bonus both Prusament and Numakers use plastic spools - no cardboard spool adapters needed.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:59:11 AM EDT
[#45]

As an added bonus both Prusament and Numakers use plastic spools - no cardboard spool adapters needed.
View Quote

Awesome - just ordered 4 x Bambu X1's and 25 rolls from Numakers :)
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:18:35 PM EDT
[#46]

Awesome - just ordered 4 x Bambu X1's and 25 rolls from Numakers :)
View Quote
Wow, 4 X1's?  Are you running a print farm?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Saker13:
Wow, 4 X1's?  Are you running a print farm?
View Quote

Not quite - I make one product to sell on these printers and I get 2-3 a day off each one.

5 total x1's should get me 50-70 parts a week
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:01:17 PM EDT
[#48]

Not quite - I make one product to sell on these printers and I get 2-3 a day off each one.

5 total x1's should get me 50-70 parts a week
View Quote
Nice.  Just wondering, why not go with the P1 enclosed version (can't remember if it is the P or S model) or even the A1?
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:12:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Saker13:
Nice.  Just wondering, why not go with the P1 enclosed version (can't remember if it is the P or S model) or even the A1?
View Quote

Sorry to derail this from filament talk

A few reasons - but the biggest one is we prototyped the part on an X1, and it will make production easier if all of the printers are the same model.

For what I am doing and the volume I need the price difference between printers isn't that big of a deal.
Link Posted: Today 11:45:43 AM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

The numakers ASA is working out great - the support portion of the print peals off MUCH easier than the polymaker I was using.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top