User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 5:07:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Captain_Buddha:

LOL...sounds vaguely familiar!! I had a hell of a 37' fly bridge Carver not too long ago...a really nice Tiffin Phaeton Diesel Pusher....raced Trans Am, a smidge of NASCAR, etc...I'm just a regular guy who has done well. Neither a doc or a lawyer - but I do know a few good ones!
View Quote
I don't have a boat or a motorhome.  I am retiring early.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 5:08:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#2]

Thank you! I'm on the rather large side of life myself and I fit just fine! But I think Mustangs are definitely roomier!
View Quote
I can fit in a Mustang at 6' and 300lbs, but I can't do a Camaro.  I tried my best to get my wife to buy a sports car, and we test drove a lot of things.  And then she bought another truck, probably her 6th one.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By wildearp:
I can fit in a Mustang at 6' and 300lbs, but I can't do a Camaro.  I tried my best to get my wife to buy a sports car, and we test drove a lot of things.  And then she bought another truck, probably her 6th one.
View Quote

Copy that! Hard to beat a truck for roominess! My wife likes to have both. So, I'm 6' 320lbs, it's pretty well "distributed" but I definitely have a buddha-belly LOL...I've been racing tube-frame cars since 2014, you know, no doors, get in/out through the window, squeeze in, etc...it can be done, though it's definitely not pretty! Folks often comment that I don't appear to be that hefty....under that 320 lbs there's at least 150 of solid muscle....ok, a bit more than that...LOL
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:03:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By DoubleTaps:
The real question is what over retail market value did you pay?
View Quote

In my area they’re selling under msrp.

Nice car OP I’ve been looking at them myself. Rented one on vacation and it was a blast to drive!
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:33:32 AM EDT
[#5]
ill let the Targa top slide because you didn't get chrome wheels.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:51:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By grn_zx6r:

In my area they’re selling under msrp.

Nice car OP I’ve been looking at them myself. Rented one on vacation and it was a blast to drive!
View Quote

Definitely under MSRP!! Thank you! It's fun to drive! Especially with the top down!
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:54:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By slappomatt:
ill let the Targa top slide because you didn't get chrome wheels.
View Quote

It's a hard top convertible, no targa top, the coupes have the targa tops. In my multi-vette ownership experience, a convertible is much better with the top off than the coupe with the targa top off regarding wind noise / buffeting.

And chrome wheels are a definite hard pass for me! I think only one of my vettes had chrome wheels, all the the others were black or charcoal/gray.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 4:38:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:
Very nice! I bought mine when they first came out, 2020. Ordered and waited 9 months to get it. I’ve had 5 Corvettes, the only difference is I still have them all.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/54333/46C03625-D23A-46FD-9A4F-CE8621E15EF5-1655767.jpg
View Quote

So how does this car stack up against your Scat Pack?

Be gentle, I have a SP
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:

Be gentle, I have a SP
View Quote

Completely different cars. I really like my 16 SP/Shaker, no doubt. The 392 and 6M really makes it “beast like”. The C8 is much more refined and feels more like flying low and fast in a jet. To be honest I like my C7 more, it’s more of a “Corvette”, for lack of a better description. My C7 is a black convertible with chrome wheels so it will trigger those with black wheels on their sweet ride.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:55:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:

Be gentle, I have a SP
View Quote

Ive run scat packs before and its not even close. I have not yet messed with a c8, but run similar 60-130s.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 10:10:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll never get the appeal of spending big money on a Vette.  If you can afford a late model one, then you could probably afford an R8 or possibly a Gallardo and have similar reliability.  imo of course.

With that being said, congrats OP.  They are kind of sexy.  When my mums bought her first C7 I was like "Holy shit!" "You bought a Ferrari?"  Totally busting her chops.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:03:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By DayandNight1701:
I'll never get the appeal of spending big money on a Vette.  If you can afford a late model one, then you could probably afford an R8 or possibly a Gallardo and have similar reliability.  imo of course.

With that being said, congrats OP.  They are kind of sexy.  When my mums bought her first C7 I was like "Holy shit!" "You bought a Ferrari?"  Totally busting her chops.

View Quote

I actually looked at an F430 a few years back, drove it, was not impressed. It was a beauty of a car but not enough "bang for the buck" for me. I'm used to road racing in very extreme cars - so I do have a high bar when it comes to "being impressed." I've been noodling an AC Cobra replica for awhile...I think that would "impress" me! Some cars I like, some I do not.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:41:22 PM EDT
[#13]
nice...

here's mine

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 5:28:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By John91498:
nice...

here's mine

https://i.imgur.com/d26mu37.jpg
View Quote

Very nice!!
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Late February I picked up a 2024 3LT HTC Vette.  Traded my Heads Cam LS2 C6 in on it.  Hated to trade the C6 but I developed an intermittent Body Control Module issue.  There didn't appear to be a good option for repair.  

Lucky for me the BCM didn't screw up when the dealer test drove my C6.  LOL

So far I love the C8.  Only down side is, I can't tinker with it like I did the C6.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:20:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
Manual transmissions are no longer a performance feature.

F1 has flappy paddles for a reason. If you want a stick then you are not performance oriented.

The corvette and like cars have no need for manual transmissions.

The C8 is the only Chevy I would ever own.
View Quote

Maybe not "performance oriented" as in numbers on a spreadsheet, but a stick is a more immersive driving experience.  Requires more skill to do right also.

Would be easy enough for GM to implement a clutch by wire 3rd pedal and electronic gated shifter.  Probably could implement all that without changing the DCT transmission.  Just some clever programming.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:22:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By DoubleTaps:
The real question is what over retail market value did you pay?
View Quote

I paid $5k under MSRP.  One reason why I fo-ed when I did.  Though they got most of it back when I bought the 10 year 60,000 mile extended warranty.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:44:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Orion10182011:
Late February I picked up a 2024 3LT HTC Vette.  Traded my Heads Cam LS2 C6 in on it.  Hated to trade the C6 but I developed an intermittent Body Control Module issue.  There didn't appear to be a good option for repair.  

Lucky for me the BCM didn't screw up when the dealer test drove my C6.  LOL

So far I love the C8.  Only down side is, I can't tinker with it like I did the C6.
View Quote

Yeah, copy that! I don't plan on doing much, if any, to mine. I've always kept mine mostly stock anyway....sometimes different wheels / tires for the track, upgrade to SRF brake fluid, just little things. I really have my sights set on an AC Cobra replica...talk about tinker city! I'd do my best to find a turnkey that was done right with some nice numbers and go from there. Then the wife gets to scratch her "manual" itch LOL!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#19]
have you driven the C8 with the nannies off?? like whoa!!!!
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 1:16:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By John91498:
have you driven the C8 with the nannies off?? like whoa!!!!
View Quote

Yes, it's quite spicy! Not as spicy as my C7Z06 with them off...but still very, very fun! I haven't had a chance to properly flog it yet, ie - some nice backroad cruising, track time, etc. Hopefully soon! Other hobbies get in the way LOL!
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:33:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Very nice.  Congrats!  I'm patiently waiting my turn on the Criswell MSRP list for a Z06.  In the meantime, I play with my C7Z and C5Z.  I was sort of on the fence, but I got to explore a new Z06 at the Bash at the Museum last weekend and that pretty much sealed the deal for me....I need one of those cars.

It will be very hard to let go of my C7Z, but I won't be able to justify having both, so I'll probably sell it or trade it when it's time.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 4:21:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By kcobean:
Very nice.  Congrats!  I'm patiently waiting my turn on the Criswell MSRP list for a Z06.  In the meantime, I play with my C7Z and C5Z.  I was sort of on the fence, but I got to explore a new Z06 at the Bash at the Museum last weekend and that pretty much sealed the deal for me....I need one of those cars.

It will be very hard to let go of my C7Z, but I won't be able to justify having both, so I'll probably sell it or trade it when it's time.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/82768/dual-vettes_jpg-3203822.JPG
View Quote

Thank you!! And congrats on the new Z06!!! I hear those are AMAZING! You've got some nice rides there. I still think that the C5Z is one of the best ever made - much lighter and less overall crap! A buddy of mine totaled his a few months back, such a bummer!
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:56:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kcobean] [#23]

Thank you!! And congrats on the new Z06!!! I hear those are AMAZING! You've got some nice rides there. I still think that the C5Z is one of the best ever made - much lighter and less overall crap! A buddy of mine totaled his a few months back, such a bummer!
View Quote

I've been on the Criswell list since '21.  I probably have at least a year or 18 months left, which is fine.  Gives them that much more time to shake the bugs out of the 5.5 and the transmission.  I just bought the C5 as a "daily" (though I work from home and don't drive anywhere even close to daily).  The C7Z is a ridiculously fun/fast car but a mid-engine car is on my bucket list and it was going to be either a used Mclaren 650S or a Z06.  The tech on the Z06 is just so good though.

ETA:  I've driven the C8 Stingray and played with them on the road in my C7Z and they're an incredibly capable car.  Your beast is so much fun to drive.  They just do exactly what you tell them.  Amazing cars.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:52:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:13:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By DayandNight1701:

View Quote

Older R8 is cheap to own, but a Gallardo? Hell no.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:18:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top