Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2024 10:52:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dragracer_Art]
These are 2020mfg from Power Solutions International. They are 8.8 liters / 535 cubic inches.
They are essentially Gen7 chevy big blocks and share much of the features of the Chevy 8.1/496 that came in trucks and boats... only better.

I swapped in 10:1 forged pistons, 496HO marine camshaft and PAC1219X beehive valvesprings. Its otherwise all original, right down to the rings and bearings.
The factory intake fits a 92mm throttle body... so i then ordered a Holley TerminatorX engine management system. Having never messed with injection before, the learning curve was steep... but after a week of playing with it and several remote desktop connections,  I finally have it running and idling. Still need to tweak the idle down... but at least i can hear it run.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

PSI 8.8, Mercruiser 496HO cam, Holley Terminator X idling at 950

PSI 8.8, Mercruiser 496HO cam, idles with mufflers and no IAC

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:32:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice , whats it goin in?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:45:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:00:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Phillbilly:
Nice , whats it goin in?
View Quote

One of them will go in the boat, the other will probably get sold or put in a corner for future use.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:34:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 4:30:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool, today I found out chevy makes 8.1L engines.

What kind of power do you think they are making?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top