User Panel

Firearms insurance (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:10:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Missilegeek:

They assured me that it covers ammo, reloading, all manner of accessories and optics. I guess I should actually read the policy.

Edit yeah it covers virtually anything that has to do with guns or knives. The key phrase in my policy is "related equipment." The agent stated that's ammo, slings, optics, cases, mags... All accessories. I did not specifically ask about night vision, but it seems weird to exclude that and not ammo cans or whatever. If you have lasers and shoot at night, it is clearly related equipment.

It covers shipping, so no reason to further insure ammo/weapon shipments for purchase/sale. There's travel coverage. So if you don't ever travel or don't bring a ton of stuff with you, you might be able to lower that line of coverage and the premium that goes with it.

Doesn't cover animals ruining your stuff in storage, or if it gets water damaged within 6" of the floor of a basement.
View Quote

There are limits for each part, such as I believe the base policy was 50k and like 10k of reloading equipment.  Or maybe reloading equipment was an add-on....

I do like the fact they do not require S/N except for over certain amounts.  I do believe that NOD's and optics were covered under the regular 50k part for this example.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:17:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like Eastern’s prices at the higher end are pretty comparable to Collectors.  You can always get an E-quote and figure it out- it gets cheaper per k as the total goes up.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:34:54 AM EDT
[#3]
i had usaa VPP for ring and guns/cans/scopes. they’re horrendous to deal with and unless you speak to someone live, there’s no way to know what is or isn’t covered.

ex - i had duals on policy for close to six months and called about another question, was then told nods wouldn’t be covered, ever, yet they never told me til i called.

they wouldn’t even refund me what they charged for that during the time (not a large amount, but to me, was more of a principal thing). don’t charge me for something that was NEVER allowed under your policy to begin with and also don’t reach out to tell me that. bs.

also had to explain what thermal scope was and they had to research before agreeing that it was ok to be on the policy since it was a scope and not nods.

this was all USAA and i’ve had multiple policies with them for 8-10yr.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:36:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Ammo's their insurance😉👍🏻
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#5]
To determine coverage amount, what process are you guys using?  Make a list of your stuff and estimate current market/replacement value, add it all together and then go to them?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:00:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By rgaper:
To determine coverage amount, what process are you guys using?  Make a list of your stuff and estimate current market/replacement value, add it all together and then go to them?
View Quote

I calculate the approximate value of the top few items based on replacement cost, and guess at the smaller stuff. I mean, it's not super accurate, but if I lose out on a few of the smaller items, at least the big dollar items are covered.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:22:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AlamTX:
Hobos?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlamTX:
Originally Posted By chmodx:
Who only owns $50k in guns?
Hobos?

Damn you guys
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:26:31 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

More or less
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:08:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

$175/yr for $50k
Single items over $10k need S/n
Covers NVGs, ammo, NFA

@echd
View Quote

Does the NVG or thermal have to be attached to the weapon? I saw a lot of people comment that they are happy with Collectibles but when I reached out to Collectibles to insure my PVS-31As and thermals, they advised that they are only covered if they are attached to the weapon.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:45:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By WVUSIG:

Does the NVG or thermal have to be attached to the weapon? I saw a lot of people comment that they are happy with Collectibles but when I reached out to Collectibles to insure my PVS-31As and thermals, they advised that they are only covered if they are attached to the weapon.
View Quote

Most companies will only cover it if it's capable of being mounted to a weapon. PVS14 and some thermals fall into this category, but not binos. Check with your agent.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:08:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BullpupFan] [#11]
I use Eastern insurance, Laura Sewall
$50k/ $175/yr
View Quote

Agree that you're getting service commensurate with the price, but it seems better if you work through the 800# and her "assistant".
$75K / $250
$150K / $500

Collectibles about 50% higher at those limits.  ETA: Collectibles quoted me $733.xx for same $150K
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:25:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pallas] [#12]

Quad tubes or something?

If it can be split up into multiple items, that might make it easier on that requirement.

If you don't mind sharing, let us know what they say. I'd be curious what they say about nods. Honestly, I'd be shocked if it's not covered as per my long winded edit above.
View All Quotes

Quad tubes or something?

If it can be split up into multiple items, that might make it easier on that requirement.

If you don't mind sharing, let us know what they say. I'd be curious what they say about nods. Honestly, I'd be shocked if it's not covered as per my long winded edit above.

Includes ammo and NODs.

I printed out my list and just scribbled the replacement values next to each fire arm and then totaled everything. I mean, I bought a lot of stuff when it was cheaper and I got dealer prices, I used current retail prices and then some.

$789 for $250k in coverage from CI. Some people seem to be getting varying quotes, perhaps it depends on your State, area, and security measures (safe, monitored, etc. )
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:35:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By M4A1:
This, like USCCA, turned out to be a scam.

View Quote

@M4A1

Who? Eastern or Collectables?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:55:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:

There are limits for each part, such as I believe the base policy was 50k and like 10k of reloading equipment.  Or maybe reloading equipment was an add-on....

I do like the fact they do not require S/N except for over certain amounts.  I do believe that NOD's and optics were covered under the regular 50k part for this example.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:

They assured me that it covers ammo, reloading, all manner of accessories and optics. I guess I should actually read the policy.

Edit yeah it covers virtually anything that has to do with guns or knives. The key phrase in my policy is "related equipment." The agent stated that's ammo, slings, optics, cases, mags... All accessories. I did not specifically ask about night vision, but it seems weird to exclude that and not ammo cans or whatever. If you have lasers and shoot at night, it is clearly related equipment.

It covers shipping, so no reason to further insure ammo/weapon shipments for purchase/sale. There's travel coverage. So if you don't ever travel or don't bring a ton of stuff with you, you might be able to lower that line of coverage and the premium that goes with it.

Doesn't cover animals ruining your stuff in storage, or if it gets water damaged within 6" of the floor of a basement.

My policy does not carry any such stipulations. The main partial exception s are related to travel and shipping coverage. The full exceptions to coverage relate to strange situations like war, terrorism.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:57:03 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:45:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Paid my annual premium so figured I’d pitch you guys a reminder

I use Eastern insurance, Laura Sewall
$50k/ $175/yr

No appraisal, no serial numbers (unlike usaa and State Farm)

Seems like arfcom has also been happy with “Collectibles”?

Don’t rely on your homeowner’s policy.

[email protected]
View Quote

Did they get bought out? Cause ya call and a recording says they are GALLAGHER. I had a policy with Eastern.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 5:53:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By tooly:

Did they get bought out? Cause ya call and a recording says they are GALLAGHER. I had a policy with Eastern.
View Quote

Yes, that’s my understanding
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tooly:

Yeah and the subject of about a bazillion emails they sent me.

OTOH the sales guy from CI keeps calling and emailing me after I did the online quote referenced in my posting above 😢. I’m speculating that the crossover with Esstern/Historic/Gallagher is at around $250K but I don’t want to be pestered by them any more so I’m not about to ask CI for more quotes!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Firearms insurance (Page 2 of 2)
Top Top