Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 4/18/2024 1:30:10 PM EDT
Its a pretty unremarkable video. Boater was pulled for unsafe operation because a girl was dancing on the bow.

The captain did not have current safety or registration. Cop suggests he was BUI.

The sobriety test starts around the 11 min mark. Anyone ever see something like this?

Police Didn't Like Her Dancing
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:35:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: klinc] [#1]
Tests/instructions start at 8:00...

Good god that some silly and long tests to do all in one shot. I am very much against DUI but jesus that some dumb steps.

It reminds me of standing in line at a theme park trying to do different patty cake moves with my daughters that take me 10+ ties to get it all down.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:38:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Id just say, no thanks, take me to jail.
Im not doing your dance.
Never do the dance.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:42:49 PM EDT
[#3]
you don’t think there’s been threads and dupe threads?

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:43:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I would say are you serious. I can’t do that shit right now.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Defund the fish cops.

They've obviously got too many people with too much spare time.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:46:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HangfiresGhost:
Defund the fish cops.

They've obviously got too many people with too much spare time.
View Quote

Meanwhile in my area if you actually NEED one due to a relevant situation they are impossible to get ahold of. Now, the moment you are coming back from the duck blind, they seem to magically materialize.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:46:42 PM EDT
[#7]
The guy is on land. There is ZERO reason to do any alternate tests.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:47:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:47:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, fuck that. I just tried the fist step hand clap shit and I can't do that worth a damn. Haven't had a drink in over a week.

My friend who is a defense attorney has told me that he loves these cases as he almost always wins them. I'm beginning to see why.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:47:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By HDLS:
you don’t think there’s been threads and dupe threads?

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/subnetfavoritelol-1033.gif
View Quote

Shrugs. First I have seen of it.

A sitting sobriety test at that.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:50:13 PM EDT
[#11]
There is a separate set of FST’s developed for boating specifically because of equilibrium etc after being on a boat for any period of time. One leg stands and walk and turn and the ones you are used to seeing on traffic stops are part of the ashore battery of tests that cannot be completed until after a certain time has elapsed once you are ashore. That is why the palm pat, finger count, etc were developed. I got out of the game shortly after the test in the video was developed and the consensus amongst all of the Boarding Officers I worked with were that it was retarded.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:51:30 PM EDT
[#12]
That cop is a tier one douchenozzle

I would consent to a breathalyzer other than that they can fuck right off with the stupid hokey pokey routine.

Small dick cop with the cringe beard was just flexing for the girls. Respect my authoritay
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:51:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Riter] [#13]
Clearly the blonde is nawt gill-tea.  Anyway, the way the fish cop sways (when you see the two women) & you'd think he was drunk
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I don’t dance.  And you didn’t say “Simon says”
Fucking ridiculous.

I couldn’t do a road side sobriety test on a Sunday in church.  Bad knees, spinal stenosis, bad feet, no balance. Shit, I have to lean against the door frame in my bedroom to put my pants on in the morning.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:56:29 PM EDT
[#15]

I've never been drunk in my life and I had trouble following along with that asinine stupidity.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Cobra-Commander:
There is a separate set of FST’s developed for boating specifically because of equilibrium etc after being on a boat for any period of time. One leg stands and walk and turn and the ones you are used to seeing on traffic stops are part of the ashore battery of tests that cannot be completed until after a certain time has elapsed once you are ashore. That is why the palm pat, finger count, etc were developed. I got out of the game shortly after the test in the video was developed and the consensus amongst all of the Boarding Officers I worked with were that it was retarded.
View Quote

The issue I have is his delivery of instructions.

He is rapid fire when instructing and the test seems overly dramatic as it is.  My big issue is that he has to read it from a manual.  While this may or may not be required for that test or ensures that the instructions are verbatim, it also gives the impression it requires a god damn manual.  An attorney could reasonably argue the test instructions are confusing to a reasonable person and possibly win a mind or two on a jury.  I don't get why this was chosen or why the instructions want 4 different sequences memorized.  It leaves a lot of holes just by the presentation.

We didn't do fsts with anything but maybe a flashlight wedge in our armpit and our 007 in one hand just writing a couple things down.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:59:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: greenranger] [#17]
View Quote

I vote it’s retarded also. The old ones we had were much simpler and probably just as reliable—if not more reliable because they were easy to explain and understand. You only had to repeat the instructions to someone that was severely impaired.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:59:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By chmodx:

The issue I have is his delivery of instructions.

He is rapid fire when instructing and the test seems overly dramatic as it is.  My big issue is that he has to read it from a manual.  While this may or may not be required for that test or ensures that the instructions are verbatim, it also gives the impression it requires a god damn manual.  An attorney could reasonably argue the test instructions are confusing to a reasonable person and possibly win a mind or two on a jury.  I don't get why this was chosen or why the instructions want 4 different sequences memorized.  It leaves a lot of holes just by the presentation.

We didn't do fsts with anything but maybe a flashlight wedge in our armpit and our 007 in one hand just writing a couple things down.
View Quote

Like I said, when that test was pushed out everyone I worked with including myself were like . The battery we used when I first started doing BUI enforcement was not that complex.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:01:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By UV18:
View Quote

As a suspect there's pretty much zero reason to do any tests.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:08:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:
Originally Posted By UV18:

You ain't going to change the cop's mind at that point.  Hell, some cops were found to be arresting people even after they blew 0.0's.

Shut up and don't give them anything to get you on.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:09:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By TEXASROOTERSBROTHER:
I would say are you serious. I can’t do that shit right now.
View Quote

This. Have t had a drink since 22MAY2009 and I’m still going to have trouble with that nonsense.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:10:51 PM EDT
[#22]
That's a bunch of crap. Who decides on what tests to do? DUI suspects on land don't have to do anything like this? If you're under the influence, you should go to jail.. I would just do the breathalyzer and be done with it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:12:07 PM EDT
[#23]
The split tails are not guilty.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:17:37 PM EDT
[#24]
LOL, take me in and blow me.

I’m not doing any of that.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:19:31 PM EDT
[#25]
watched this one a week or two ago and thought it was bullshit. fish cops were definitely assholes and he shouldn’t have been arrested.

i’m sure i will NKT be defended by usual suspects on here and that fish cops was all gud in what they did.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:20:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By scrambler28:
The split tails are not guilty.
View Quote

And the cop was getting none of that.  So bullying was all he could muster.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:22:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Creatyre] [#27]
Was the boat really docked? Talk about a blow job move...

ETA I'm not a fish cop, but regular cop. I've never seen field sobriety tests like that, and recognize that they would obviously need to differ from those on land.

However, to have a test that requires 4 separate steps that are not demonstrated in sequence by the officer? It would seem to me that it would be easily thrown out by a defense attorney?

Can a fish cop come in and speak to this test, because it kinda looks like bull crap to me lol.

The attitude on that cop was absurd lol. You're rolling up on people hanging out in a docked boat.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:26:45 PM EDT
[#28]
What the fuck?

Does no cop know how to do the eye twitch test anymore?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:27:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DVCER] [#29]
“Land based water patrol”, AKA I get paid to be a dick.

FWC are goons, they hit me for safety checks twice, in a 30 minute span in Clearwater.
All paperwork, open all hatches and coolers.  Even checked my flares.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:30:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By DVCER:

FWC are goons, they hit me for safety checks twice, in a 30 minute span in Clearwater.
All paperwork, open all hatches and coolers.  Even checked my flares.
View Quote

Justifying their existence.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:30:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By DVCER:

View Quote

My anchored, fresh water boat (that was at a private residence) got 2 visits in that time.

Hot girls in gstrings are an f'n magnet. I told the second boat to radio officer ___________ to confirm.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:32:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By patw:
That's a bunch of crap. Who decides on what tests to do? DUI suspects on land don't have to do anything like this? If you're under the influence, you should go to jail.. I would just do the breathalyzer and be done with it.
View Quote

The tests are all because of lawyers.  Just the breathalyzer and arrest will get your cases thrown out. Just a number doesn’t mean anything anymore
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:45:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Shit just like this is why I do my best to treat cops like ghettos. I avoid them at all costs
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:56:46 PM EDT
[#35]
would be great for fish cops to have to perform these tests sober vs inebriated and be judged on their performance.

there’s NO WAY i (or anyone) could do any of those perfectly, despite being sober. designed to make you fail.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By millfire517:
Shit just like this is why I do my best to treat cops like ghettos. I avoid them at all costs
View Quote

So he should've made a run for it?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:03:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Just say, "dood, I couldn't do that if I was sober, much less right now".
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:04:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Creatyre:

ETA I'm not a fish cop, but regular cop. I've never seen field sobriety tests like that, and recognize that they would obviously need to differ from those on land.

However, to have a test that requires 4 separate steps that are not demonstrated in sequence by the officer? It would seem to me that it would be easily thrown out by a defense attorney?

Can a fish cop come in and speak to this test, because it kinda looks like bull crap to me lol.

The attitude on that cop was absurd lol. You're rolling up on people hanging out in a docked boat.
View Quote

Our afloat battery used to consist of finger count, palm pat, finger to nose, backwards count, alphabet, and HGN. If need be after that, also-sensor breath test. I don’t think you will find anyone who has done any kind of BUI enforcement that thinks that test is legit.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:06:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Riter:
Clearly the blonde is nawt gill-tea.  Anyway, the way the fish cop sways (when you see the two women) & you'd think he was drunk
View Quote

Noticed that too.

Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:06:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By FuriousYachtsman:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FuriousYachtsman:
Originally Posted By millfire517:

That depends on how bad you want to play fuck fuck games.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:09:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By swolliepop:
would be great for fish cops to have to perform these tests sober vs inebriated and be judged on their performance.

there’s NO WAY i (or anyone) could do any of those perfectly, despite being sober. designed to make you fail.
View Quote

If I was a judge I would have them perform the test, except a somewhat different one as they probably have memorized that one.

And when they can't do it I would throw them in jail for 180 days for showing up in my courtroom drunk. And 180 days later they would get tested again with a different test... back to jail for 180 days you alcoholic.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:09:59 PM EDT
[#42]

Our afloat battery used to consist of finger count, palm pat, finger to nose, backwards count, alphabet, and HGN. If need be after that, also-sensor breath test. I don’t think you will find anyone who has done any kind of BUI enforcement that thinks that test is legit.
View Quote

What happens if I say I have arthritis (which I do) and ask to skip the test and go straight to the breathalyzer?
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#43]
You put your right foot in
You take your right foot out
You put your right foot in
And you shake it all about
You do the hokey pokey
And you turn yourself around
That’s what it’s all about
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:14:57 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

Good to hear, because that test looked like something from Reno 911.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:16:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:

What happens if I say I have arthritis (which I do) and ask to skip the test and go straight to the breathalyzer?
View All Quotes

You have every right to not participate in the field sobriety tests.

The officer will likely use whatever other PC is available to make the arrest and then will obviously not have the field sobriety tests to use against you in court.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:21:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Once when I was younger and dumber I played almost this exact same game with our local dipsh1ts. I lost.
That was a massive learning experience for me.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:22:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Funny part about that bs test is, I thought he did pretty well.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:24:41 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

There is a laundry list of questions asked about injuries, defects, medical conditions, etc before the tests even begin to rule out any potential issues with certain tests. If you have injuries or disabilities that preclude you from completing them, then whatever tests you are able to complete are used.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:25:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: crashburnrepeat] [#49]
fish cops are freaking useless.

I can't think of a single reason to have them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 3:34:55 PM EDT
[#50]

Good to hear, because that test looked like something from Reno 911.
View Quote

My first thought.

“Step, kick…”
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top