Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2023 10:31:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SpankMonkey]
I picked one of these up in July for a beater saw. I got the saw and the racks. I'm blown away by its performance. It's a clone of the Makita track saw. I'm on my third kitchen build using this saw. That's around 40 sheets of 3/4 maple and I've cut about 300 bdft of 8/4 walnut. I'm impressed for the money. Comes with two 4 amp hr batteries.

If you want into a track saw for a decent price here's your chance. This thing works well.

It comes with a slow charger, about 2 hr charge time each battery. Amazon sells the fast charger for 35 bucks. 30 minute charge time per battery.
Wen cordless track saw.

Tracks. I can't tell the difference from these to my makita tracks.
Wen 110 inch tracks.

Wen fast 20 volt fast charger.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 11:53:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the review.

Faster chargers hurt batteries. I would stick with 2 hour charger.

I have had other Wen tools, they were all garage. Buy once cry once when it comes to good tools.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 11:57:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a Wen tool once and will regret that forever.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 8:53:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SpankMonkey] [#3]
I agree with both of you. Buy once cry once. This saw was simply a beater incase it got stolen. I've been impressed with it.

Just putting it out there. For the price its hard to beat.

This is what I do for a living.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 5:08:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Wen corded snow thrower (not slow blower).  Light weight and light duty rated for patios with a dusting of snow. For past three years it has been used to blow snow off my 2nd floor deck up to 3 feet deep. I just pick it up, set it and it's plastic blades on top the deep snow and work it down to the bottom.

Meanwhile my Festool cordless drill never gets used because the chuck can't hold tight to a drill bit.  I switched to my Ridgid cordless drill.

I will admit my Festool track saw is awesome, but for the money, it should be.
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 7:55:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't need another track saw so, there's that. Good tip though. I did buy a Wen roofing nailer to roof a 14 x 24 shed I built. Got rid of my Bostitch gun years ago and I didn't want to spend money on a good gun I was never going to use again. Worked flawlessly. I was surprised. No clue about longevity. I think of Wen as a one time use brand with a bonus if they last longer.
Link Posted: 11/16/2023 11:16:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been surprised by this saw. Was not expecting quality. I guess they do made some decent tools.
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 11:10:11 AM EDT
[#7]
nothing compares to a festool track saw. not cheap but worth every penny!
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By winddummy82:
nothing compares to a festool track saw. not cheap but worth every penny!
View Quote

I have a Milwaukee but regret not getting Festool. The Festool track has a huge number of OE and aftermarket accessories that aren’t available for other tracks, except of course Makita which is a Festool copy.
Link Posted: 11/18/2023 9:41:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm looking at picking up the new TS60 this coming month. The only other saw that is better then Festol is the Mafell. That is a sweet, sweet saw.
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By SpankMonkey:
I'm looking at picking up the new TS60 this coming month. The only other saw that is better then Festol is the Mafell. That is a sweet, sweet saw.
View Quote
mafell have the cs festool has?
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 8:21:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By winddummy82:
mafell have the cs festool has?
View Quote

I don't know. I've never had anything break or had to send anything back.
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 9:39:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Blew up my Wen bandsaw today. It made it through about 70 linear feet of 8/4 oak.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
Blew up my Wen bandsaw today. It made it through about 70 linear feet of 8/4 oak.
View Quote

Damn.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 6:23:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By SpankMonkey:

Damn.
View Quote

Yeah, not something I wanted to hear.

I've got a wen grinder that I use for my Giraud tri-way trimmer.

And a wen scroll saw.  No complaints on either.
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 8:02:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Bought a Rikon band saw today because it was in the front of the store with a clearance tag. $399 plus tax. Much better. Cuts at least three times as fast as the Wen.

And I was using my Milwaukee track saw and thinking if only I had this motor in a bandsaw…
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 1:09:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Bought a Rikon band saw today because it was in the front of the store with a clearance tag. $399 plus tax. Much better. Cuts at least three times as fast as the Wen.

And I was using my Milwaukee track saw and thinking if only I had this motor in a bandsaw…
View Quote

What TPI blade did you have in the WEN when it blew up?
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 1:18:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Whatever it came with. The guy who sold me the Rikon told me a new blade is a decent improvement for a good saw but a huge improvement for a cheap saw. Wish would have known that then.

New saw is seriously 3x as fast, I love it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 9:30:39 AM EDT
[#18]
I've had a wen drill press and table sander for about 3 years,  use them twice a week or so.  No issues.   Even if they died right now I'd buy them again and get my money's worth.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 3:57:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Whatever it came with. The guy who sold me the Rikon told me a new blade is a decent improvement for a good saw but a huge improvement for a cheap saw. Wish would have known that then.

New saw is seriously 3x as fast, I love it.
View Quote

I only ask because you mentioned you were cutting some pretty thick stuff.   You really need to use something coarse for sawing through thick stuff.   I stick to 3 teeth per inch for resawing.

Biggest reason I can think of that one saw would cut so much faster than the other is it came with a more appropriate blade for what you were trying to cut.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 11:52:42 AM EDT
[#20]
I have had no problem with Wen tools. I have a drill press (used occasionally) and a lathe (used somewhat often). Both have been great. Shop air filter, also great. Dremel clone, serviceable. Benchtop belt sander, great.

The track saw (with Powertec track) was very impressive. I was not expecting much. I use it to break down sheet goods, but on my bar build last year I used 5/4 sapele for the bar tops and 6/4 sapele for the countertops. The longest piece of countertop was just shy of 11 feet. That total piece was about 25" x 10'10", so a relatively gigantic board. Individual boards at 6/4 are way too big to wrangle on a jointer. I used the track saw as a jointer (I didn't really have a choice) and this is what I got, just with light edge clamping pressure.

Attachment Attached File

Can't beat those results. Power and dust collection are good too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top