Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:58:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ManiacRat] [#1]
First wife wasn't a bad person. We met when in our very early 20s. Were compatible at that point. Everything was fine until I wanted to continue moving forward as an adult. She didn't want to mature and keep going forward. I still don't hate her to this day. I haven't seen her in over 20 years since the day we split, but I'd be friendly and say hello.

I stayed single for a while until I felt like I was done maturing in order to avoid the first situation repeating. Then did some thinking about what else I wanted out of life and relationship. Then I got back to serious dating. Made things a lot easier as opposed to flying by the seat of my pants. I also got to spend my mid and late 20s single with a good job. Had lots and lots of fun, so getting married was no issue for me.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:42:03 AM EDT
[#2]
First marriage, I needed a wife and she needed a husband....

Second marriage, married my best friend, who likes to fuck me...working out WAY better
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:21:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chufree:
Here are a few in no particular order.  If you find a woman that has the majority of these qualities, you hit the jackpot.  I sure did.
Like I said, most single women in the USA will see this as unrealistic.

Lives within her income with no credit card debt that she pays interest on
Doesn't care about expensive jewelry or designer clothing
Not fat
Exercises regularly and takes care of her health
No prescription antidepressants or narcotics
Doesn't get drunk or smoke weed
No children out of marriage
No tattoos
Christian woman that goes to church with traditional values
Highly intelligent
Not passive-aggressive or narcissistic
Remains calm in difficult situations
Has great integrity and doesn't justify immoral actions
Embraces her femininity and has a nurturing personality
Not a manipulator
Does things for people out of the kindness of her heart without expecting anything in return
Shows true compassion
Polite, pleasant, and fun to be around

ETA: Doesn't keep her uterus in a jar of formaldehyde.
My book for reference
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23735/Front_cover-452987.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Explorer225:
I had a long checklist after divorcing my ex for what traits a woman must have and what traits are completely unacceptable. Many women told me I was unrealistic.
Some may recall my "Tales of the Crazy" in the archives and I wrote a book about it. https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/New_member_of_the_ARFCOM_curse__tales_of_the_crazy/75-1886783/

Now I'm very happy.  It took a long time to find my wife since the vast majority of women simply didn't make the cut based on my past experience with marriage.
This is me with the wife during a trip to Brazil.  She is Brazilian.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23735/cris_and_I-2705421.jpg

I'd be curious what was on your checklist.
Here are a few in no particular order.  If you find a woman that has the majority of these qualities, you hit the jackpot.  I sure did.

Not fat
No tattoos
Highly intelligent
Not a manipulator
Does things for people out of the kindness of her heart without expecting anything in return
Shows true compassion

My book for reference

I read your book.  Holy Shit!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:01:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TontoGoldstein] [#4]
My first wife and I were immature.  We weren't prepared for life.  Difficult events lead to very bad outcomes.  When you are young, unimportant things seems so very important.  We mistook familiarity for compatibility and sex for love.

My current wife and I were mature adults when we met.  We had both gone through hard times and learned how to deal with them.  When you grow up, you learn that the vast majority of things in life aren't important.  You focus on the essential and the durable.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:04:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SturmgeschutzIII:
I see this all the time in GD: "my first wife was a raging cunt. I've since married a saint and been together for 10 years."

What made it so different the second(or third or fourth) time? How were you so horrible at picking a mate and then so good at it? Was it blind luck in both cases?

Or were there real criteria you developed after the bad experience? And if so, what were they?
View Quote

Some of us learn, grow up and get our head out of our ass.
Some dont.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:42:54 PM EDT
[#6]
My first wife was everything I wanted in a woman, before I knew what I wanted in a woman.

My second wife is a keeper. Been together 33 years and married 31.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:24:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sandbowl1980] [#7]
First wife I married when I was in Army. Cheating bitch married one year

Second wife was a spoiled ass only child. Who was stealing money out of my bank acct and sending to her mother to put into another acct. Married 3 years I was working my ass off to.

Third wife been married to for 35 years awesome woman and love her with all of my heart.

No children in first two marriages. I know one thing though I will never marry again if anything were to happen to my wife. I have accumulated to much to chance some bitch marrying me to get access to it. My wife and I have separate bank accts and finances also. We owe no one and homes free and clear.

If you're older and with a woman who has nothing to contribute to a relationship other than ass and you own your home and have a good savings and income.  But she keeps insisting on getting married. Ditch her because she simply wants what you've work your life to acquire.

I still spoke with both ex wife's. 1st on lives in Ohio and has a kid. I do not ask about relationships because I do not care. It's kinda like hi Merry Christmas or happy birthday. My second wife the same. But she died a few years back from pancreatic cancer she didn't deserve that. She never remarried and kept my name for a long time. I felt really bad for her.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Sparky:
I imported #2 and it did not go well. #3 (not married) is originally from Ukraine but is a US citizen now is going much better.
View Quote

My cousin married a girl he imported from Ukraine. They've been married gosh, 15 years or more and is an awesome lady. They work together as otr long haul truck drivers. Own their own rig to. That thing is not your grandfather's rig. It's like a damn hotel on wheels. She's a hottie to with blond hair.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 5:30:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I think many people don't really realize what marriage is actually like before they do it. When people tell you its hard they aren't kidding. You don't get it until you experience it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:28:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Kraquine:

Not everyone gets handed the same marriage manual at birth.

People raised by a parent or parents with personality characteristics that don't lend to stable relationships tend to gravitate towards the same kind of personality.

My father was literally a child in a mans body and an alcoholic so ................. my sister subconciously sought out and married 2 guys of the same mold before she went to a therapist, recognized the pattern and broke the habit. She's been happily married for 20 years now.

That scenario is pretty common.

View Quote

I've heard that all too often a woman will marry a man similar to her father and then try to change the things about him that she didn't like in her father.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:37:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I didn’t hear Dr Laura before I got married the first time. Specifically “When you rescue a damsel in distress, you get a distressed damsel.”
Second for both me and my current wife. We had more realistic expectations I think the second time around. We had a short courtship. No sex, and talked about the stuff that mattered to each of us, and made sure we were on a similar page. Before getting married. Going on 16 years now.

Hind sight is 20-20. When you’re young you don’t have the life experience sometimes to keep yourself from making a bad choice. Young, dumb, and….
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:57:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PVTPablo] [#12]
My 2nd wife had 100% less other dudes dicks in her than my first wife so that was a plus.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:13:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By mattman9696:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mattman9696:
Originally Posted By Explorer225:
I had a long checklist after divorcing my ex for what traits a woman must have and what traits are completely unacceptable. Many women told me I was unrealistic.
Some may recall my "Tales of the Crazy" in the archives and I wrote a book about it. https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/New_member_of_the_ARFCOM_curse__tales_of_the_crazy/75-1886783/

Now I'm very happy.  It took a long time to find my wife since the vast majority of women simply didn't make the cut based on my past experience with marriage.
This is me with the wife during a trip to Brazil.  She is Brazilian.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/23735/cris_and_I-2705421.jpg

I'd be curious what was on your checklist.

Not fat
No tattoos
Highly intelligent
Not a manipulator
Shows true compassion

My book for reference

Thanks!  It was hell going through all that with the ex, but my life has completely turned around for the better.

I had said many times that I would never get married again, but meeting the right woman changed that.  She is one of the rare ones that met all all the items on my checklist and would actually go out with me.

The vast majority of the women here in the USA would not consider going out with me simply because I'm only 5' 7".  The thing is, I view that as a positive since it weeds out most of the shallow women that I don't have to waste time and money on.  They are still unhappy while popping Prozac and getting fatter waiting for their 6' tall rich Prince Charming who is way outside of their league.  The delusional attitude of many women's worth and expectations are staggering.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:26:12 PM EDT
[#14]
The one common denominator in all you're failed relationships is you.

'Buddy of mine is on wife number four.
I tell him all the time...

"You better smarten up or you'll end up living in a van down by the river."
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:31:07 PM EDT
[#15]
No difference, no difference at all.

Actually the same woman....
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:40:58 PM EDT
[#16]
My wife is the one married for a second time, so I asked her how I'm different from her first husband.

She replied "How aren't you?"

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top