User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2023 4:08:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 11:17:37 PM EDT
[#1]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 11:26:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe it's better when paired with a bottle of Blue Nun.

Link Posted: 12/4/2023 8:57:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 8:53:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Received it on Monday. Thank you sir!
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 8:57:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a friend who smokes it. Just the smell of that hardcore latakia is way too much for me.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 10:29:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:58:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BayEagle:
Is that what it is?  Good to know for when I'm picking new blends.  I really need to get to a tobacconist and have them explain to me what the diff leaves are.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AR15thur:
I have a friend who smokes it. Just the smell of that hardcore latakia is way too much for me.
Is that what it is?  Good to know for when I'm picking new blends.  I really need to get to a tobacconist and have them explain to me what the diff leaves are.

Actually I got this confused with Ten Russians

Three nuns, ten russians, my poor brain

The latter is hardcore latakia. So I've never smoked this due to thinking they were one and the same. I'll have to try some now due to being a Tolkien/Lewis nerd. I'm curious as to what it is that you didn't like about it now either.
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 4:38:03 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

If Three Nuns is not your thing, you might like more Latakia forward blends.

Three Nuns is an example of the Navy Flake, pressed Virginia/Burley tobacco cut into coins and usually flavored or cased with rum.  

The English or Balkan blends with Latakia, Cavendish, Orientals offer a less heady flavor, and more of an earthy leathery taste.

I personally prefer the English/Balkan blends as a regular smoke, but on occasion will go on a Virginia forward tobacco kick.

I would recommend Hearth and Home's "Magnum" or "Black House" to start if you haven't tried.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top