Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2024 3:59:04 PM EDT
Some of you might remember my Boochizmo Boys fundraiser to purchase medical supplies for my friend’s village’s guard unit, and the photos and videos we posted of them wearing Boochizmo Boys patches and sending their thanks. Well my friend received these photos today. Other than the troops spelling Boochizmo incorrectly, I thought these were badass. Drones are truly terrifying!

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:14:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice, hope they find their mark.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:21:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tuco22:
Nice, hope they find their mark.
View Quote

I’d say, “So say we all…” but there are a lot of Putin Bros here.

So I’ll say “So Mote it Be”
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:23:38 PM EDT
[#3]
@BajaGringo
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:37:34 PM EDT
[#4]
So Biden sends Boeing's defective glide bombs to Ukraine, but no Bandaids for the boys on the ground.  
Sounds about right.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:47:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By LurchAddams:
So Biden sends Boeing's defective glide bombs to Ukraine, but no Bandaids for the boys on the ground.  
Sounds about right.  
View Quote

Early stages of the war the local guard guys got nothing. We raised probably $25k through various efforts to send Quick Clot, Israeli bandages, tourniquets and the like.

Early days of the war they had clapped out AKs, no optics, no body armor, no radios, no unified camo - just whatever they could cobble together.

Things are better now, but I know our efforts saved lives both civilian and military with the trauma equipment.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:51:13 PM EDT
[#6]
You did well Hiram.  
Scary ass drone should light up Ivan pretty well.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:51:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Thought it was the next version of From Pair with Love. I was let down
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Hell yea OP!

May they find their mark.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

Early stages of the war the local guard guys got nothing. We raised probably $25k through various efforts to send Quick Clot, Israeli bandages, tourniquets and the like.

Early days of the war they had clapped out AKs, no optics, no body armor, no radios, no unified camo - just whatever they could cobble together.

Things are better now, but I know our efforts saved lives both civilian and military with the trauma equipment.
View Quote
What the fuck did the Ukrainians do after Crimea was taken, until Feb 2022?
Apparently they thought (or knew) the world would just send them a shit ton of gear that they could have purchased over the roughly 8 yrs they had to build a proper defense force.

Or maybe they just thought Putin was gonna be happy with only Crimea?
Or maybe they KNEW the fucking POTATUS would empty our stockpiles to keep bad info from coming to light?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:19:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tuco22] [#11]

I’d say, “So say we all…” but there are a lot of Putin Bros here.

So I’ll say “So Mote it Be”
View Quote

Actually surprised it took 3 hours tbh.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:23:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Tuco22:

Actually surprised it took 3 hours tbh.
View Quote

Don't worry the Putin signal is up now.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I’d say they can spell Boochizmo any way they want….it’s the Slavic spelling, lol.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Happy hunting
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:40:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:
Apparently they thought (or knew) the world would just send them a shit ton of gear that they could have purchased over the roughly 8 yrs they had to build a proper defense force.

Or maybe they KNEW the fucking POTATUS would empty our stockpiles to keep bad info from coming to light?
View Quote

One must assume whatever resources were supposed to be allocated were stolen as is their custom.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:46:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 7empest:

Don't worry the Putin signal is up now.
View Quote

Undoubtedly
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:47:36 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Bad info? The world knows his son fucked his dead brothers widow, has a child with a stripper, a nasty coke addiction, Biden himself has a huge classified material issue… oh and then there’s the Burisma corruption thing where the ex-president fled back to Russia and the oligarchs of Burisma fled to the UAE. What else is hiding in Ukraine that you think he’s trying to keep hidden, 2 Ukrainian presidents and 10 years later? At this point there’s basically nothing that could be uncovered that would end his presidency, because he’s dirty as fuck and it hasn’t happened yet, which means there’s nothing to keep buying Ukrainian silence for.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:57:00 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

They set up defensive lines to hold their territory and stop the ongoing invasion, then Putin's dumbfucks shot down MH-17 and suddenly Europe was aghast that there was fighting in the warzone, then Putin talked them into signing a "peace agreement" which he frequently violated by shelling Ukrainian territory until he thought he'd built up enough materiel to take Kyiv in three days.

But I guess you were living under a rock and didn't notice any of that.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:21:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Hiram ranger is a cool guy
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:28:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:

Bad info? The world knows his son fucked his dead brothers widow, has a child with a stripper, a nasty coke addiction, Biden himself has a huge classified material issue  oh and then there's the Burisma corruption thing where the ex-president fled back to Russia and the oligarchs of Burisma fled to the UAE. What else is hiding in Ukraine that you think he's trying to keep hidden, 2 Ukrainian presidents and 10 years later? At this point there's basically nothing that could be uncovered that would end his presidency, because he's dirty as fuck and it hasn't happened yet, which means there's nothing to keep buying Ukrainian silence for.
View Quote
You failed to answer the question. Although it's not surprising. Ukraine has a roughly 1,425 mile border with a country that either a) wants to annihilate them, or b) wants to annex them. Depending on the day, and who you talk to. They were building a wall, I mean "barrier", to repel the Russians in the Kharkiv region starting in 2015, it was supposed to be completed in 2018. Was that their only hope?

Why didn't they implement conscription or a draft in 2015? Why weren't they buying anything and everything that they could to arm up? Missiles, rockets, cannons, guns, ammo, night vision, first aid supplies, etc. You name it.

WHY THE FUCK DO WE HAVE AMERICAN CITIZENS RAISING MONEY FOR A SUPPOSEDLY FIRST WORLD COUNTRY'S DEFENSE???

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:30:35 PM EDT
[#21]
That's a big bomb

Send it!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:33:05 PM EDT
[#22]
You failed to answer the question. Although it's not surprising. Ukraine has a roughly 1,425 mile border with a country that either a) wants to annihilate them, or b) wants to annex them. Depending on the day, and who you talk to. They were building a wall, I mean "barrier", to repel the Russians in the Kharkiv region starting in 2015, it was supposed to be completed in 2018. Was that their only hope?

Why didn't they implement conscription or a draft in 2015? Why weren't they buying anything and everything that they could to arm up? Missiles, rockets, cannons, guns, ammo, night vision, first aid supplies, etc. You name it.

WHY THE FUCK DO WE HAVE AMERICAN CITIZENS RAISING MONEY FOR A SUPPOSEDLY FIRST WORLD COUNTRY'S DEFENSE???

View Quote

JP, go do some real research, not listen to Tucker or ZH.  The world wouldn't sell them shit.  They were making all they could and rotating folks through the Donbas to give real world experience.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:34:21 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

You seem angry.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:45:46 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Because it is America and I’m free to do so? Maybe you would prefer something more Putinesque where I can’t raise money for humanitarian purposes?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:48:19 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

I'm much more thrilled with funneling someone money so they can defend their own country than us sending troops to do it for them.

Many countries did it for us when we were poor. Pay it forward.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:54:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By LurchAddams:
Sounds about right.  
View Quote

Bandaids and smaller items can be crowdfunded. Larger items can’t.

The glide bombs work as Ron said but just not as accurate.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:12:07 PM EDT
[#27]
You are a good man, Hiram.

Regardless of what people think about Ukraine and the obvious corruption issues, stopping Russian aggression is still important.   If they aren't stopped, they will keep doing it and that will just encourage the chinese, norks, iranians, etc., to do the same.

Hope your friends pop off some turrets with those things.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:39:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Nice!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:04:16 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Is Russia in control of Kharkiv? No?

The barrier worked. So did the offensives to push Russia back.

Russia bombs Kharkiv regularly because they aren’t in control of it.

Conscription wasn’t necessary. Russia won the first conflict because they had limited goals-prevent Ukraine from joining nato.

They had enough volunteers. The battles weren’t across the entire country.

Americans donated tons of stuff to soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.

It’s not unusual for pitfalls in gear to be identified and fixed.

Yelling doesn’t get your point across
More.

We just had a 6 month period where republican extremists played “current thing” politics and held up aid.

Equipment had to be sent.

@jarheadpatriot

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:40:19 PM EDT
[#30]
2024 will be different.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:43:50 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Let’s see, they couldn’t get export licenses from any of the world’s top weapons exporters. So there’s that. Plus they are poor and we’re spending a lot just on fighting. So there’s that.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:06:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By B5Sluggo:

JP, go do some real research, not listen to Tucker or ZH.  The world wouldn't sell them shit.  They were making all they could and rotating folks through the Donbas to give real world experience.
View All Quotes

So, you and I can buy armor, night vision, first aid supplies, and MREs, but no one would sell the Ukrainians any? They need people like the OP to organize a fund raiser?  I understand if that is your claim to large munitions, but they couldn't outfit their men in the field with a decent kit? Because "the world wouldn't sell them shit"?  That seems disingenuous.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:13:49 PM EDT
[#33]

Because it is America and I'm free to do so? Maybe you would prefer something more Putinesque where I can't raise money for humanitarian purposes?
View All Quotes

Because it is America and I'm free to do so? Maybe you would prefer something more Putinesque where I can't raise money for humanitarian purposes?
Drone bombs are humanitarian?
You fail to understand what I'm asking. Ukrainians should not need your help. Do you follow me? They are (or were) supposedly a first world country. They were producing a majority of Europe's wheat, among other things.
Someone above mentioned Putin's "peace agreement". We trust Putin now? Or I should say they (Ukraine) did? Why can I go down to my local CVS, and buy Quik Clot, but a first world democracy doesn't have a shit ton of combat first aid supplies? Or body armor? Or night vision?

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:20:44 PM EDT
[#34]
@fadedsun

I don't use caps to yell, them for emphasis.

There is absolutely no reason that Ukraine didn't build a decent army after the fall of the Soviet Union. Even more so after Putin seized Crimea in 2014.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:22:37 PM EDT
[#35]
You fail to understand what I'm asking. Ukrainians should not need your help. Do you follow me? They are (or were) supposedly a first world country. They were producing a majority of Europe's wheat, among other things.
Someone above mentioned Putin's "peace agreement". We trust Putin now? Or I should say they (Ukraine) did? Why can I go down to my local CVS, and buy Quik Clot, but a first world democracy doesn't have a shit ton of combat first aid supplies? Or body armor? Or night vision?

View All Quotes

We bought:

Quick Clot
Israeli bandages
Tourniquets
Tactical pants with knee pads

We did NOT buy weapons. Nice twist on reality you have there and nowhere did I say anything about providing munitions. In fact, I stated quite clearly what we provided.

Civilian villages were getting bombed and non-combatants were getting killed. We helped mitigate that.

I don’t give a flying fuck why they didn’t have those supplies, but they asked for help and we provided it. What exactly is your problem? Wasn’t YOUR money. Wasn’t taxpayer dollars.

I suppose you have a problem with the fundraiser I put together for the IDF Widows and Orphans Fund as well?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:32:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sebastian_MacMaine] [#36]
Ukrainians should not need your help. Do you follow me? They are (or were) supposedly a first world country. They were producing a majority of Europe's wheat, among other things.
View All Quotes
Ukrainians should not need your help. Do you follow me? They are (or were) supposedly a first world country. They were producing a majority of Europe's wheat, among other things.

This is the dumbest thing I've read today.  Ukraine was never "a first world country".  You're probably the only person I've seen who's ever pretended to claim it was.  They were SECOND WORLD (by definition) during the period when the USSR was crushing them, then they became effectively THIRD WORLD under the newer connotation when Russia kept sabotaging their politics for the next 25+ years, such as poisoning their President Yushchenko with dioxin.

There is absolutely no reason that Ukraine didn't build a decent army after the fall of the Soviet Union. Even more so after Putin seized Crimea in 2014.  

Of course there was.  Russia was sabotaging their military with, effectively, sleeper agents in key positions of power.  You know, like the general who pulled units out of southern Ukraine and prevented key bridges from being blown up in February 2022, thus allowing Russia to seize everything up to whatever that southern river is.

It's not much different with how Taiwan's KMT has been sabotaging their military for the last 15 years, refusing to buy weapons and cutting conscription.  The KMT wants to sell out, so they're weakening Taiwan so it will be easy to capture -- just like about half of Ukraine's military leadershit was doing to them.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:37:51 PM EDT
[#37]
That's wild

looks like a hobby built drone, low cost explosives, 3d printed stabilizer fins

the cost:ass-kickyness ratio on that thing is unreal
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:40:24 PM EDT
[#38]

View All Quotes

Pretty sure Ukraine increased its military substantially, increased domestic weapons production, and continued to fight. They also started training units to a NATO standard as both US Army and Marines deployed to train them. Then they were further invaded when potatoe took office.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:47:12 PM EDT
[#39]
So, you and I can buy armor, night vision, first aid supplies, and MREs, but no one would sell the Ukrainians any? They need people like the OP to organize a fund raiser?  I understand if that is your claim to large munitions, but they couldn't outfit their men in the field with a decent kit? Because "the world wouldn't sell them shit"?  That seems disingenuous.
View All Quotes

Those items are ruled by ITAR. We can buy them but you can’t export them because it’s controlled items (body armor, NVGS, at least).
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:28:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By 7empest:
Hell yea OP!

May they find their mark.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:46:41 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

Absolutely. They prevent Russian soldiers from doing things like Bucha or Izium.

NVGs and other gear doesn't last long with a 6 billion dollar budget. The State of Texas has spent 2 billion a year just on OLS alone.

@fadedsun

I don't use caps to yell, them for emphasis.

And doesn't make your point true.

Ukraine was being run by Russian stooges for quite a bit of that. Yanuckovych intentionally set back Ukrainian military developments in addition to stealing billions which he took when he fled to Moscow. Putin even went as far as poisoning a Ukrainian president.

Remember, they had a 6 billion dollar budget pre war and were one of the poorer countries in Europe. They can only do so much.

They still deployed troops to Iraq and Afganistan to help us, remember.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top