BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/14/2024 7:23:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stevetx77]
Hello Fellow ARFcommers,

My name is Steve, and I've been a member here since 2012. My request to post this fundraiser here in GD was vetted and approved by Wilson, for which I am beyond thankful.

In October of 2022, at 45 years old, I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Colo-Rectal Cancer after experiencing some dull pains in my side for 2-3 weeks. My Cancer started on the right side of my body within my Large Intestine/Colon, and had spread to my Liver, Right Lung, and some Lymph Nodes. I started Chemo and Immunotherapy immediately, and within a few months and a few easily broken ribs (8 total), a Bone Scan showed that it had also metastasized to various bones throughout my body. I had to have spinal surgery a few weeks ago due to the Cancer in my L1 growing large enough to fracture the Vertebrae. At my diagnosis appointment, I was given 2 to 9 months to live WITH treatment, but I've managed to fight my way through it and stay alive. Things seemed to be staying somewhat stable, or slightly improving until my Bone and CT Scans 3 weeks ago. My Liver tumor has doubled in size, and the Bone Cancer showed to be spreading and growing in some spots (hence the fractured vertebrae). Since then I was taken off IV therapies and given some Chemo Pills, to which my Dr. said I might have 6-8 months left. To add insult to injury, my job terminated my employment with them back in December 2023, so the 'ol savings account is drying up pretty quick. I'm currently unable to work due to my condition.

The link below is to my GoFundMe fundraiser. It was written up by an old friend (Tim) of more than 30 years now. He knows everything about my situation, knows me very well, and asked if he could help me out by putting together a GFM page. He volunteered to do it because he knows I've never been one to ask for help. I've been like that all my life, but I'm learning... So, ARFcommers, I'm asking for your help if you're able. Any/All donations will be used for treatment, medical expenses, insurance, and the basic necessities: food, mortgage, etc.

https://gofund.me/9fe13c5a

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Much Love to All,
Steve

Update 4/18/24

Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to send a quick update since I haven’t replied to anyone in a few days, but I’ve got good reason. First, thanks to all that either donated, sent me well wishes or an IM, or simply just commented. The amount of support I’ve received in this short time has been amazing to say the least! Second, I gotta get busy on sending out my individual Thank You’s, so those are coming soon. Third, I haven’t been online because I’ve been in the hospital and not able to move much. The pain from my bone cancer has reached a level that I didn’t know was possible! The Human Body is truly an amazing thing… We found a combination of meds that  got me out of the hospital, and I’m back home now. I have to get an MRI next week to see if a tumor is pressing against a nerve or nerve bundle, so until then, it’s either the bed or the couch for me. I’ll update again when I have the MRI results.

Thanks again, everyone!!
Steve

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:33:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Prayers up.

Look into Y-90 microsphere treatments for liver masses if it is an option for you.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:39:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Hit. Godspeed dude.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:39:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Donated.  Will pray for you.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:44:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in.

I'm just starting my journey with cancer, but we're all in this together.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:47:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Done, God Bless you.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:52:01 PM EDT
[#6]
hit. give it hell. sounds like you are.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Done.  

Steve, have you applied for disability with Social Security?
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:53:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Hit. Prayers and best wishes for you.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 8:15:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Hit, and a bump.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:39:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By uxb:
Prayers up.

Look into Y-90 microsphere treatments for liver masses if it is an option for you.
View Quote

Thanks UXB! Radiation wasn’t an offered treatment for me due to my cancer being all over the place. They’d end up cooking me by the time they hit every spot. It was offered for treatment of bone pain only though, which I’ll be starting this week hopefully. I’ll mention the Y90 to the doc..
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:40:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Best of luck to you sir.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:42:07 PM EDT
[#12]
My wife is now 40, she is recovering from colon cancer, I just had my colonoscopy last Friday and they grabbed a good sized polyp. buddy, my heart is going out to you, I’m pissed you’re going through this, especially at 45.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:42:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Hit

and also bump
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:43:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Mall-Ninja:
I'm in.

I'm just starting my journey with cancer, but we're all in this together.
View Quote

Thank you!!

Ah, man. Sorry to hear about that! I’m not sure what you were diagnosed with, but I’m available if you need someone to talk to or have some questions I might be able to help with. IM me anytime!
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:48:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Prayers sent
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 10:53:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Jack19:
Done.  

Steve, have you applied for disability with Social Security?
View Quote

Thank you so much!!
Yes, my application is currently being investigated. My diagnosis qualifies me for their “compassionate allowance” which is supposed to speed up the processing time to 1-2 months instead of 8-10. But the last person I spoke with at SSA said applications like mine are taking 8-9 months these days. I’m not holding my breath for a quick turnaround time…

Steve
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:05:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Druwzfostr:
My wife is now 40, she is recovering from colon cancer, I just had my colonoscopy last Friday and they grabbed a good sized polyp. buddy, my heart is going out to you, I’m pissed you’re going through this, especially at 45.
View Quote

Thanks for your kind words! All my best to your wife, and I hope she ends up with a full recovery. I’m glad to hear you’re being pro-active by getting your recommended check ups. I do mine every year and have always had a clean bill of health. When I got diagnosed, they’d just dropped the age for colon screening from 50 to 45 due to more and more colon cancer being found at a younger age.

Steve
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:23:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Donated- it just occurred to me the old ARF would show how many people were online at any given time (logged in). Usually 4-5K per evening.

5K x twenty bucks = $100,000... that's the potential power of numbers.. Godspeed Steve!
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:31:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Done.

I was given 6 months more than 7 years ago and am 5 plus NED.

Don’t give up hope.

You’re in Texas, if you’re not at MD Anderson, make an appointment TOMORROW!

I went to MSK and received experimental liver cancer treatment. Ask if you are eligible for a Hepatic Artery Infusion treatment. I have no advice on the bone cancer as mine was confined to the colon (lost it) and the liver.

Reach out if you need to talk. Spent many nights crying into a pillow when I was talking to Ed Jr. or Fish223. Don’t fight this alone.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:33:56 PM EDT
[#20]
May God bless you.   I hope you can make peace with your predicament and God's plan.   Like so many others I've had a few cancers myself and the hardest toll is often on your family.  

My sincere best wishes and prayers for you and your family.   Make sure they all know what they mean to you.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:46:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Prayers out.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:51:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Hit.

Prayers for you and a cure.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:55:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Hit. Keep up the fight.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 11:58:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Godspeed, OP.

ARFCOM contributed a good deal to Fatalwishes' family during his final trial, and they remain grateful.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:00:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Donated.  God bless you, Steve.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:01:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Tagged for payday
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:12:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Prayers out to you, friend
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:28:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Hopefully one less thing for you to worry about. I pray that you feel better and that you get the healing that you need. Prayers.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:50:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Hit.

Bump.

Keep up the fight.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:53:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Hit and a bump
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:13:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Hit, will say a prayer for you Steve.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:24:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Hit.  Fuck cancer.  I hope Steve beats it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:28:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
Done.

Don’t give up hope.

I went to MSK and received experimental liver cancer treatment. Ask if you are eligible for a Hepatic Artery Infusion treatment. I have no advice on the bone cancer as mine was confined to the colon (lost it) and the liver.

Reach out if you need to talk. Spent many nights crying into a pillow when I was talking to Ed Jr. or Fish223. Don’t fight this alone.
View Quote

Didn't notice you were in TX.  Yep, MD Anderson is as good as they come.  Lots of assistance to patients and families too.  If Steve's not their patient yet, maybe give them a call?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 1:28:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Hit, I wish you the best OP

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 2:09:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Prayers to you brother.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 2:09:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Hit, bump! Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 2:28:01 AM EDT
[#37]
God bless - praying for you and donation inbound.  Keep up the fight and wishing you some semblance of peace and comfort through this.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 2:52:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#38]
CLICKED - God Bless sir and best of luck.  

Stage 4 is very much not a good place to be, and glad you are still alive.  MD Anderson can be good - but it's not your only option, so don't despair if that's not so easy - what part of Texas are you in?

And fuck cancer.  Definitely fuck Stage 4 cancer.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:02:01 AM EDT
[#39]
in for $50.  Fuck cancer.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 8:07:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By stevetx77:
Hello Fellow ARFcommers,

My name is Steve, and I've been a member here since 2012. My request to post this fundraiser here in GD was vetted and approved by Wilson, for which I am beyond thankful.

In October of 2022, at 45 years old, I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Colo-Rectal Cancer after experiencing some dull pains in my side for 2-3 weeks. My Cancer started on the right side of my body within my Large Intestine/Colon, and had spread to my Liver, Right Lung, and some Lymph Nodes. I started Chemo and Immunotherapy immediately, and within a few months and a few easily broken ribs (8 total), a Bone Scan showed that it had also metastasized to various bones throughout my body. I had to have spinal surgery a few weeks ago due to the Cancer in my L1 growing large enough to fracture the Vertebrae. At my diagnosis appointment, I was given 2 to 9 months to live WITH treatment, but I've managed to fight my way through it and stay alive. Things seemed to be staying somewhat stable, or slightly improving until my Bone and CT Scans 3 weeks ago. My Liver tumor has doubled in size, and the Bone Cancer showed to be spreading and growing in some spots (hence the fractured vertebrae). Since then I was taken off IV therapies and given some Chemo Pills, to which my Dr. said I might have 6-8 months left. To add insult to injury, my job terminated my employment with them back in December 2023, so the 'ol savings account is drying up pretty quick. I'm currently unable to work due to my condition.

The link below is to my GoFundMe fundraiser. It was written up by an old friend (Tim) of more than 30 years now. He knows everything about my situation, knows me very well, and asked if he could help me out by putting together a GFM page. He volunteered to do it because he knows I've never been one to ask for help. I've been like that all my life, but I'm learning... So, ARFcommers, I'm asking for your help if you're able. Any/All donations will be used for treatment, medical expenses, insurance, and the basic necessities: food, mortgage, etc.

Much Love to All,
Steve
View Quote

Look into Ivermectin being used as a cancer treatment. No, really…. Apparently it’s a thing and there has been success in shrinking and eliminating tumors.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By RRA_223:
May God bless you.   I hope you can make peace with your predicament and God's plan.   Like so many others I've had a few cancers myself and the hardest toll is often on your family.  

My sincere best wishes and prayers for you and your family.   Make sure they all know what they mean to you.  
View Quote

Excellent advice! Thanks for that. Yes, since all this started, I'm definitely in more frequent contact with my Mom and Sisters. I cherish our FaceTime calls and texts a bit more these days than I used to.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:17:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Hit. God bless OP. Miracles happen every day. You'll be in my family's prayers
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:24:38 PM EDT
[#43]
GOD be merciful
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By backbencher:
Godspeed, OP.

ARFCOM contributed a good deal to Fatalwishes' family during his final trial, and they remain grateful.
View Quote

Thank you! Yes, it's amazing the things that can happen when great people all pull together for a great cause. Although I'd never expect the amount of support that Jeff received, I will be forever grateful for any support I do receive, and have already received from this amazing community. I'll have to go back and re-read his entire thread now. It has been awhile. I do remember not being able to make it more than about 10 posts each time before the room got dusty.

Steve
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:58:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brownbomber] [#45]
Steve,

I'm sorry this is happening to you.  I highly recommend reading this book for anyone battling cancer (available on Amazon):

Cancer Self-Defense 101

It details a lot of diet, supplement and off-label drug strategies for anyone fighting cancer.  There is a ton of information in ot that is not common knowledge (like berberine, metformin, aspirin and ketogenic diets).

I wish you the best of luck.

This could change the way cancer is treated
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Damn, that sounds rough for 45. No other symptoms for years?
Good luck with treatments.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:18:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Done and bump
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:22:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:

Look into Ivermectin being used as a cancer treatment. No, really…. Apparently it’s a thing and there has been success in shrinking and eliminating tumors.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:
Originally Posted By stevetx77:
Hello Fellow ARFcommers,

Much Love to All,
Steve

Ivermectin is discussed in the book that I linked to, and mebendazole (another antiparasitic) in the video that I linked.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Durango95:
Hit, and a bump.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:34:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Wineraner:

Didn't notice you were in TX.  Yep, MD Anderson is as good as they come.  Lots of assistance to patients and families too.  If Steve's not their patient yet, maybe give them a call?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wineraner:
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
Done.

Don’t give up hope.

Thanks for the recommendation, gents. I did try to get an appointment on a couple of occasions at MDA. First was for treatment, second was to get a 2nd opinion on my treatment at the time. My employer at the time was a small family owned company that didn't offer Health Insurance. I've had a personal policy since I went to work for them, and it is an HMO with BCBSTX. The only way to get a PPO type policy in TX is through an employer. MDA doesn't accept HMO policies, so I'm out of luck with them. I did ask what the cash price would be for an Oncologist to review my files and provide a 2nd opinion, and I was quoted $16K.

I am familiar with the HAI pump/therapy and inquired about it. It's not an option for me, neither is radiation. Since my Cancer is in numerous places, and it's all Colon Cancer (even though it's in the Liver, Lungs, and Bones it's genetics show it is Colon Cancer) it makes no sense for them to treat just my Liver. Hell, they won't even surgically remove the original tumor in my Colon as it'll probably just pop up again. Best option is chemo and immuno that is targeted for Colon Cancer to try and clear it all out.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top