Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2020 11:38:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gonzaar24]
Hey guys I don't know if this right section to post this topic but I'm interested in working for triple canopy as armed security overseas. I just need a couple of letters of approval from my doctor and I'm good to go. However I also got an email from gardaworld for armed security overseas as well Does anyone have experiences in both or one of the companies? Feel free to IM me if need be. I just need help making a decision. Thanks
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 7:22:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: doubleclaw] [#1]
Either one will be okay to work for, depending on what kind of crew you end up with, and whether your leadership people are worth a shit.

Contracting is like playing the lottery; sometimes you get on with a good team with real studs who want to be there, know the job and put in an honest effort.

Other times, you end up in a mob of shitbags who are just there to make some quick money and jump ship.

I’ve had fairly good luck my two trips over. One mobile side gig in Kabul, and a great team of guys, then a year doing KRP with a few decent dudes and several low powered assholes.

Headed to Iraq early next year, and I think this one will be a busy one where I’ll have the opportunity to learn a lot and develop my KSAs to the fullest.

If you do get on board, and hit project, don’t start going “contractor poor” with buying up all kinds of stupid shit; save up six months of expenses before you do anything else, because this stuff is hit or miss. Contracts get won and lost with the four winds, and you can’t depend on them to last very long.

Get enrolled in school and take classes while you’re  overseas. Make the deployment pay for itself in more than just monetary terms. Network your ass off with everyone you work with, no matter what they do around the compound; you never know when they might need people and what opportunities you can get by just being the first guy to ask.

Good luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top