BCM
User Panel

Garmin Chronograph (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/6/2024 11:21:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:23:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I picked one up a little bit ago and have only had it out for one range session. But for that one range session I really enjoyed the easy setup and ease of use. As long as it continues to be durable it's going to be an amazing system.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:26:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:28:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I was at a large Benchrest competition recently. Everyone has moved to them and likes them.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:29:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:29:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, it's the real deal.

Throw on bench then shoot.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:31:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: xdoctor] [#6]
They're amazing.  The best chronograph ever made, without question.  I'll be very interested to see if any other brands, like LabRadar try and launch a competing product or just throw their hands up and exit the market.  

Buy one.  You probably won't find a sale, they just came out at the end of last year and were hard to get until about Christmas.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:33:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I didn't pay full price (I live in Olathe, KS - the Garmin HQ ) but it is worth it at the MSRP.  Absolutely couldn't be easier to use.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:34:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#8]
Originally Posted By TOTHEMAX:
What is the best price out there right now? Thanks
View Quote

$499.99 seems to be the best.

Not sure who is selling at that price right now. If you go to the gundeals reddit and search, that should give some results.

ETA: Botach had them for less, but it's Botach
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Garmin-Xero-C1-Pro-for-486/5-2722069/
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:34:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Best price I could find was $50 off MSRP at a LGS.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:34:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:35:35 AM EDT
[#11]
In before the Labradar shills and “muh down range velocity”
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:39:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By xdoctor:
..I'll be very interested to see if any other brands, like LabRadar try and launch a competing product or just throw their hands up and exit the market.  
View Quote
They've announced this one  but it's probably a case of too little, too late. Garmin rules now.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:40:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:42:17 AM EDT
[#14]

I searched that thread but the closest one was 10 days ago and it seemed to have gone up in price.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ajek:
What is the best price out there right now? Thanks

$499.99 seems to be the best.

Not sure who is selling at that price right now. If you go to the gundeals reddit and search, that should give some results.

Thanks I will try and look there.

I searched that thread but the closest one was 10 days ago and it seemed to have gone up in price.

I got one from pew pew tactical at 20% when they first came out. I know they got in trouble because of map pricing but I think they still offer a discount if you ask.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:49:38 AM EDT
[#15]
They are tiny and user friendly. Really no reason not to get one if you’re in the market for a chronograph. Hell shooting a match this weekend bunch of people leave them attached to their rifles. Think that’s a little extreme but whatever.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#16]
I think it is a neat system . A friend has one and it seems to work well.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:52:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NorCalRT] [#17]
I have one and it is fantastic. Small enough that I can bring it as part of my normal range gear, battery last so I dont have to think about it and it simply works. Being able to export the data in csv is a nice option as well. The only thing I have altered on it was adding a screen protector.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:53:11 AM EDT
[#18]
It is the best thing ever.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:54:48 AM EDT
[#19]
I concur with everyone here. Easiest, smallest, lightest chrono I’ve ever used and it’s basically magic.

Love it. You won’t be disappointed.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:03:12 PM EDT
[#20]
OP if this is your first chronograph I wouldn’t recommend the Garmin. You’ll never be able to appreciate how good it is unless you start with one of these.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:05:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:14:34 PM EDT
[#22]
I like mine. It has a few quirks and things they need to change but overall it's way better than any of the Caldwell chronos I have used
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:15:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Mblades:
In before the Labradar shills and "muh down range velocity"
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:24:28 PM EDT
[#24]
OP if this is your first chronograph I wouldn't recommend the Garmin. You'll never be able to appreciate how good it is unless you start with one of these.

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/05-13-15-01-Alpha-Master-chronograph.jpg
View Quote

Lucky, I had to start with the green one....

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:31:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Damn, may be time to get rid of the Oehler 33! Those look like the tits!
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:35:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LS1POWERED] [#26]
They are awesome.   Solid Battery life, it has recorded nearly every shot, only missed a couple during rapid fire.  Even used and worked in the rain once.

edit:  Also if you have on of the trijicon mro or rmr hard plastic boxes, it fits perfectly in there with the legs attached.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:37:50 PM EDT
[#27]
One of the most satisfying purchases Ive made in years… it works better than advertised. Dont hesitate.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:40:04 PM EDT
[#28]
I have had one for about a week now and the three times I went shooting including this morning, I forgot to grab it.  I have a small case for it so I can leave it in the range bag but I keep forgetting it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:42:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Coming from an old school chrono, the Garmins are awesome.  Just point it in the gernal direction you're shooting, and you're off.  The only thing I don't like is all the button toggling you need to do to start/stop shot strings (or "sessions", as Garmin calls them.)  It "should" only require one button push, but it runs you through the menu each time.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

I don't think there are any LR fans left.

I thought it was the best system out there before the Garmin but that doesn't mean it wasnt without a metric shit ton of flaws. Best doesn't mean perfect, and in this case, there was a ton of room for improvement and LR sat on their asses, and Garmin didnt.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:44:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Efl15] [#31]
I have a Labradar. To me, I like the small size of the Garmin. If I was buying my first chronograph, it'd be the Garmin. Easy choice.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:56:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

I thought it was the best system out there before the Garmin but that doesn't mean it wasnt without a metric shit ton of flaws. Best doesn't mean perfect, and in this case, there was a ton of room for improvement and LR sat on their asses, and Garmin didnt.
View All Quotes

I can think of one, surprised he isn’t here yet.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:58:47 PM EDT
[#33]
One of the guys I shoot with have one and it had been great.  We were shooting some ammo that kept stringing vertically and when looking at the chrono data we have big speed differenced anywhere from ~50-75fps shot to shot.  Definitely cool to see the data to support what were seeing on targets especially when we were pushing out having one round soar over and then another fall short after adjusting.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:04:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By speedball:
I didn't pay full price (I live in Olathe, KS - the Garmin HQ ) but it is worth it at the MSRP.  Absolutely couldn't be easier to use.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:08:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By TheLineIsReady:
. The only thing I don't like is all the button toggling you need to do to start/stop shot strings (or "sessions", as Garmin calls them.)  It "should" only require one button push, but it runs you through the menu each time.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheLineIsReady:
. The only thing I don't like is all the button toggling you need to do to start/stop shot strings (or "sessions", as Garmin calls them.)  It "should" only require one button push, but it runs you through the menu each time.

Originally Posted By DVCNick:
For anyone who hasn't noticed yet, in the "pro settings" of the latest update (3.23) you can now elect to turn off the bullet weight entry and orientation diagram screens, reducing the number of button clicks needed to start a new session by three.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:31:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Muad:

View All Quotes
OP if this is your first chronograph I wouldn't recommend the Garmin. You'll never be able to appreciate how good it is unless you start with one of these.

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/05-13-15-01-Alpha-Master-chronograph.jpg

Green, blue, red. They all teach the same lesson about height over bore.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:35:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Shooters Choice SC had them for $515 but they are out of stock right now.  I think next time I see them that low I'm going to snag one.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:40:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Love mine.  Like everything Garmin it has its quirks, and it ain’t cheap.  But it works.  I’ve only used mine for archery so far, and it’s head and shoulders above any other option there.  Should be dandy for firearms.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#39]
OP if this is your first chronograph I wouldn’t recommend the Garmin. You’ll never be able to appreciate how good it is unless you start with one of these.

View Quote

I run a $100 Caldwell of that style. The Garmin isn't when the $400 premium to me.

I even have a modern phone, 2022 flagship, with a headphone jack so I can plug it in and directly use the app.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:46:50 PM EDT
[#40]
They are legit. I came from a magnetospeed V3 and the garmin is awesome. No need to worry about setting height to not damage the bayonet, or having concerns of POI shift. Just plop it down, open the correct menu and shoot. The only downside is it requires a certain distance (about 10-15 yards) to pick up shots, so the magnetospeed will still have a place for me in that I can use it to test in the garage with a bucket as a sand trap to work up loads without having to go to the range.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:55:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Get one, I have has mine for several months.  Works great.
Sold all my other chronos.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:59:10 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote
Oh theres one, and he'll swear by how useful it is to get downrange velocity data to find a bullets BC even though that data isnt accurate and you need to true it up with testing anyways.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Learned that lesson testing a Green Mountain barrel (1/5 twist) with a 36gr Barnes Varmint grenade... The name fits, it grenaded my Shooting Chrony...
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:06:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Deerhurst:

I run a $100 Caldwell of that style. The Garmin isn't when the $400 premium to me.

I even have a modern phone, 2022 flagship, with a headphone jack so I can plug it in and directly use the app.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Deerhurst:

For me the time spent setting it up along with the extra ammo cost for missed shots has the Garmin paying for itself rather quickly.

I like that I can also shoot multiple targets in the same string of fire and get velocities for every shot.  With a screen style chronograph I’d have to chose between shooting to get velocities or shooting steel at long range, now I can do both.

For $480 I can’t think of anything gun related that’s offered nearly the same value.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:06:55 PM EDT
[#45]
I had a Lab Radar, as soon as the Garmin came out my Dad bought one.

Tried it out, sold the Lab Radar before the market flooded and bought a Garmin.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:25:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tarheel7734] [#46]
Gents, I am thinking about getting one of these. Are they worth the money? Any issues? What is the best price out there right now? Thanks
View Quote

It's a great chronograph. I love mine.. you can get them with mil or first responders discounts. Think I paid around 506.00 plus shipping. Take a look at strohman enterprises. They do mil discount.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#47]
I have a Garmin chronograph.

It is the best shooting product since the metallic cartridge.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:29:47 PM EDT
[#48]
I have the same experience as others.  Fabulous device.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:34:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:58:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Garmin Chronograph (Page 1 of 2)
Top Top