Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2024 10:29:33 AM EDT
Any recommendations?  
2019 or 2018 150 four cycle.   I did the oil and filter and foot lube back in the spring of ‘22 (bought boat used fall of ‘21).
This year I want to do the fuel filter and water pump impeller service.  
Started looking online and Amazon sellers seem to be short cutting the 300 hour “complete kits”. No oils provided.

Going to try some local shops tomorrow, but knowing my luck…”we can order that for you.”  No shit. So can I.
But my son is coming up to help pull the boat out of the water (stays on a lift up out of the water when not in use) this weekend.  Planning on a day of maintenance and cleaning.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 2:17:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By ScottsGT:
Any recommendations?  
2019 or 2018 150 four cycle.   I did the oil and filter and foot lube back in the spring of '22 (bought boat used fall of '21).
This year I want to do the fuel filter and water pump impeller service.  
Started looking online and Amazon sellers seem to be short cutting the 300 hour "complete kits". No oils provided.

Going to try some local shops tomorrow, but knowing my luck "we can order that for you."  No shit. So can I.
But my son is coming up to help pull the boat out of the water (stays on a lift up out of the water when not in use) this weekend.  Planning on a day of maintenance and cleaning.
View Quote
I use and some others.

https://www.boats.net/

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 6:45:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Danted] [#2]
I buy from the dealer.
They do maitnence every day and have what you want in stock. They also have the best parts and know you also need the little thing that goes to the part when you
And if you ever need something beyond your ability you have a relationship.

I run a boats commercially and currently own 4 f300 yamahas that do 1000 hours a year.
I also have 3 other outboard boats thatare mine. I change a lot of oil.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:48:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Crowley Marine
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 7:20:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Danted:
I buy from the dealer.
They do maitnence every day and have what you want in stock. They also have the best parts and know you also need the little thing that goes to the part when you
And if you ever need something beyond your ability you have a relationship.

I run a boats commercially and currently own 4 f300 yamahas that do 1000 hours a year.
I also have 3 other outboard boats thatare mine. I change a lot of oil.
View Quote

My nearest is about 35 miles away. I’m just going to head over there and get everything I need.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Update.  Bought it all “locally” 35 miles from home.  Funny thing is the woman working behind the counter knew more about boat motors than the guy did.  She had half my shit pulled while he was still trying to figure out the computer program to look it all up.  
Just shy of $400
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 1:31:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I've used Partsvu in the past. No issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top