Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/15/2024 9:54:36 PM EDT
Bitcoin peaked two and a half years ago at about thirty seven ounces of gold. Now worth less than twenty seven ounces.
Twenty seven percent decline in two and a half years. Bitcoin is going much lower.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:02:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't have any of either so ok.   Long as VTI & FZROX makes 7+% a year on average I don't care.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:03:38 PM EDT
[#2]
However what part of OH are you a well guy in OP?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:07:17 PM EDT
[#3]
We are just one supernova millions of years ago away from getting blasted in more gold that could make it worthless.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:09:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I have no problem with that.
If I can't hold it in my hand, it's worthless as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:09:50 PM EDT
[#5]
lol. Someone watches Fox News and Peter Shiff. Same argument he tried to use against Natalie today before she mopped the floor with him.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:10:12 PM EDT
[#6]

I expect the real bitcoin pump to start soon.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:11:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheWellGuy] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GlocksareGood:
However what part of OH are you a well guy in OP?
View Quote

Keep my shop in waldo. Licensed in all 88 counties. I try to turn down work but I'm not very good at that. Saturday I traveled two hours to restore water to over a thousand people and still fit two more jobs in. Lots of hugs and kisses from customers. Don't have to work I enjoy it. My happy place is after I set the casing when water starts coming out. It's the gift that God gave me to make the world a better place.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:13:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheWellGuy] [#8]
Originally Posted By sunnybean:
lol. Someone watches Fox News and Peter Shiff. Same argument he tried to use against Natalie today before she mopped the floor with him.
View Quote

Exactly, someone mopped the floor with the other but it wasn't Natalie mopping the floor with Peter.
To quote an old Nixon campaign slogan "you can't beat our dick"
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:16:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Never really understood the “bitcoin” thing . Seems odd people would trust money on a computer . Yeah , I’m a boomer and not ashamed to say it . I could never get anyone to explain it to me so that it made any sense . .
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:20:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 4q2:
Never really understood the “bitcoin” thing . Seems odd people would trust money on a computer . Yeah , I’m a boomer and not ashamed to say it . I could never get anyone to explain it to me so that it made any sense . .
View Quote

Bitcoin is the ultimate surveillance tool / government sponsored PSYOP
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:21:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TheWellGuy:
Bitcoin peaked two and a half years ago at about thirty seven ounces of gold. Now worth less than twenty seven ounces.
Twenty seven percent decline in two and a half years. Bitcoin is going much lower.
View Quote

You mad you missed out? Not too late to jump in.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:23:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:

I expect the real bitcoin DUMP to start soon.
View Quote

Fixed it for you
I always enjoyed your work with bumpstocks. Inspired me to get one.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:24:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By JustinU235:

You mad you missed out? Not too late to jump OUT.

View Quote

Fixed it for you
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:25:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Exactly, someone mopped the floor with the other but it wasn't Natalie mopping the floor with Peter.
View Quote

Expanded your horizons.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:25:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Fixed it for you
View Quote
Yeah naw.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:29:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Never really understood the "bitcoin" thing . Seems odd people would trust money on a computer . Yeah , I'm a boomer and not ashamed to say it . I could never get anyone to explain it to me so that it made any sense . .
View Quote
Most people trust money in their bank held digitally.

Bitcoin removes the untrustworthy government and bank from the equation and lets you send or receive value over long distance without knowing or trusting the ssender. It follows a planned inflation cycle that approaches zero inflation over time. Bitcoins inflation rate has been below the feds target rate for four years and in a few weeks it will be less than half the feds target rate for USD. Due to the limited nature and worldwide utility I expect BTC to continue climbing for awhile longer. I believe it's value will stabilize over time as the value increases and acceptance increases.

When the last bitcoin is produced 100 years from now there will be 21 million total. If 10% of the United States wanted a 1 bitcoin savings account, they couldn't have it. When you consider it's a worldwide currency hedge, the prospective adoptive population is much larger than 10% of the US.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:32:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Yeah naw.
View Quote

Uranium seems ready to skyrocket in price. Watching the Biden administration and Gov. Gretchen Whitmer support the first nuclear power plant to be reopened in the U.S is entertaining to say the least.

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:34:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Twenty thousand cryptos, an endless supply of digits
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:37:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Divisive thing shitposting, man we're so cleaver these days!!
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:39:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Bitcoin is just getting started. So is gold.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:41:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Not allowed to post in the bitcoin thread because I was hurtful.  It's been a month. I still hold to " A tulip by any other name is still a tulip" At least the people who invested heavily in beanie babies still have beanie babies to look at. Thats more than you'll be able to say about bitcoin in twenty years.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:42:38 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

I'm of the age to remember Pres. Nixon and I don't remember that.  I do remember CREEP or Campaign to Re-Elect the President.  It was right on the corner of Columbus/Kearney/Pacific (triangular block).
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:44:28 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Lol do you keep paper money under your mattress or what? It's all zeros and ones.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:46:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Uranium seems ready to skyrocket in price. Watching the Biden administration and Gov. Gretchen Whitmer support the first nuclear power plant to be reopened in the U.S is entertaining to say the least.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Yeah naw.

Already did.   Could always go higher though.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:46:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Not allowed to post in the bitcoin thread because I was hurtful.  It's been a month. I still hold to " A tulip by any other name is still a tulip" At least the people who invested heavily in beanie babies still have beanie babies to look at. Thats more than you'll be able to say about bitcoin in twenty years.
View Quote

You’ve got all the typical talking points…wrong as they are.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:48:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Fixed it for you
View Quote

What was your previous screen name?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 10:55:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheWellGuy] [#27]
Found arfcom looking for real world reviews and lurked for over a decade. So much information. Lots of deals and news I enjoyed following the riots and always had a great time reading here after work. I don't know if it's the loss of old members or what this place seemed cooler before I started posting.  Maybe it's me
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:00:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Bitcoin removes the untrustworthy government and bank from the equation and lets you send or receive value over long distance without knowing or trusting the ssender. It follows a planned inflation cycle that approaches zero inflation over time. Bitcoins inflation rate has been below the feds target rate for four years and in a few weeks it will be less than half the feds target rate for USD. Due to the limited nature and worldwide utility I expect BTC to continue climbing for awhile longer. I believe it's value will stabilize over time as the value increases and acceptance increases.

When the last bitcoin is produced 100 years from now there will be 21 million total. If 10% of the United States wanted a 1 bitcoin savings account, they couldn't have it. When you consider it's a worldwide currency hedge, the prospective adoptive population is much larger than 10% of the US.
View All Quotes
Never really understood the "bitcoin" thing . Seems odd people would trust money on a computer . Yeah , I'm a boomer and not ashamed to say it . I could never get anyone to explain it to me so that it made any sense . .

Thanks for the reply , but i really don’t understand it . I don’t do very many internet purchases , and if I do it is with a cr dit card with a limit . Most of my purchases are with cash . I have a credit card for gas purchases . I still use checks for most bills . I dont trust computer based currencies . Yeah , I’m probably uneducated on all this , but I like purchasing and banking with people I can get hands my  on if they screw me out of my hard earned money .
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:02:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Obo2:

Lol do you keep paper money under your mattress or what? It's all zeros and ones.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Obo2:

How did you know ? Imma keep an eye on you !
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:03:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MidwestJ] [#30]

Ignore BTC at your own peril.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:03:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By TriggerM:
Bitcoin is just getting started. So is gold.
View Quote

This. They will both continue to go up as the dollar and Western currencies are destroyed. Bank on it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:05:34 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

the problem with this logic is after 15 years in i still dont know anyone who has bought something with bitcoin. Nor have i heard an example of someone actually exchanging something for bitcoin. Ive heard of people buying bitcoin to get in on a rise, but im not sure theres a real use case in the end. Gold has been a medium of exchange for like 10000 years or more. Its not perfect either it has its problems but atleast it has a track record
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:05:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Found arfcom looking for real world reviews and lurked for over a decade. So much information. Lots of deals and news I enjoyed following the riots and always had a great time reading here after work. I don't know if it's the loss of old members or what this place seemed cooler before I started posting.  Maybe it's me
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:07:31 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

To be perfectly candid, this sounds like a case of "Stop liking what I don't like." And I say that as a guy who owns a modest amount of PMs and no bitcoin.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:09:13 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
Shitposting other folks ideas about what is right for them financially, because perhaps they don't line up with yours, is actually pretty shitty, so I'm going with it is you.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:10:22 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

I mean, your entire thread premise is false, so yeah, it's you.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:11:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:14:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Obo2] [#38]
Originally Posted By UTCenturion:

the problem with this logic is after 15 years in i still dont know anyone who has bought something with bitcoin. Nor have i heard an example of someone actually exchanging something for bitcoin. Ive heard of people buying bitcoin to get in on a rise, but im not sure theres a real use case in the end. Gold has been a medium of exchange for like 10000 years or more. Its not perfect either it has its problems but atleast it has a track record
View Quote

When's the last time you witnessed someone use gold as a currency?
You may have witnessed someone use crypto in everyday purchases and not even known. Coinbase has a visa card you can link to your account, swipes or taps or inserts just like any other visa.

I offer to accept coinbase transfers when I sell shit but nobody has really taken me up on it. Most of my buyers are boomers though.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:16:41 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote
I've bought and sold stuff multiple times with bitcoin.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:17:08 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Guy I went to school with used to buy drugs with bitcoin on silkroad. I asked why would some dude in Mexico mail you pills when he has your money and he said good business. I'm a repeat customer. I think it was $1200 per transaction. Dude would be generationally wealthy but spent them all. He burned himself out. I always thought it was dumb.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:17:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By linuxgnar:

This. They will both continue to go up as the dollar and Western currencies are destroyed. Bank on it.
View Quote

This
Right
Here
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:20:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheWellGuy] [#42]
Originally Posted By TechOps:
Shitposting other folks ideas about what is right for them financially, because perhaps they don't line up with yours, is actually pretty shitty, so I'm going with it is you.
View Quote

Hurt feelings don't equal shitposting. We disagree with each other. What's shitty about that? I would say encouraging people to destroy their life savings is pretty shitty... I wouldn't want to have to explain to loved ones how I stayed at a poker table till broke.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:22:19 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

I haven't known anyone ever that bought anything with Gold
Do you often pay for things with Gold?  

Also rated thread troll
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:23:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By DubyaB:

Also rated thread troll
View Quote

Good call. Done.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:24:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheWellGuy] [#45]
Originally Posted By DubyaB:

Also rated thread troll
View Quote

I would say you're trolling my thread. I'm not allowed to comment in the bitcoin thread, but here you guys are. Shitposting and trolling.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:27:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:

Fixed it for you

TheWhitePill? SarahPlainandTall?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:30:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Obo2] [#47]

Hurt feelings don't equal shitposting. We disagree with each other. What's shitty about that? I would say encouraging people to destroy their life savings is pretty shitty... I wouldn't want to have to explain to loved ones how I stayed at a poker table till broke.
View Quote

Haven't even talked to anyone who has destroyed their life savings with btc. I guess you could go all in fomo at an all time high and be underwater for a while, most folks throw in a few grand they were probably gonna blow in the first place and are pleasantly surprised later on.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:30:41 PM EDT
[#48]

I would say you're trolling my thread. I'm not allowed to comment in the bitcoin thread, but here you guys are. Shitposting and trolling.
View Quote

Whining about shitposting in a shitpost thread. We have now struck pure gold. .9999 refined.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:32:13 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

You made a gold vs btc thread it aint shitposting to compare and contrast them.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:32:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TechOps] [#50]

View Quote
You're making a lot of assumptions about how folks invest in bitcoin and its long term outcome, can we at least agree upon the fact that you could potentially be completely wrong?

(while possible, you're completely right)

But don't actually know what the future holds.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top