Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:24:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I have some gold but btc will be the future as the US dollar loses it's value and btc will be a store of value against inflation.

I have bought things in the past with btc but don't now since  btc as a store of value is becoming more and more realized by people who what to avoid the government stealing their hard earned money and wealth through inflation. In the coming years btc will become more valuable, especially with government printing like it is, the next decade is bullish for btc and I try not to sell during a bull run.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:42:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TexRdnec:

you can use bitcoin to buy gold

check mate

i just sold a ruger gp100 here and offered bitcoin as payment.  i'm about to sell another soon, i will still accept bitcoin as payment
View Quote

Bitcoin is just another Fiat derivative.

Shocking how many are bitten by the greed bug and use the lamest of arguments to support Bitcoin. Its code...nothing but. Without electricity its nothing.  Keep telling me how its the future...when our own grid can't even keep up with charging EV's.  Sure, you can take it anywhere you want...but how many other places in the world actually use it?  Gold and Silver are universally accepted...BTC isn't.  One way or another that Pyramid is going to lock up many with no way out.  The simple fact that ETF's have been implemented around Bitcoin tells you everything you need to know about its future...managed.  

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:57:27 AM EDT
[#3]
look up SHA-256
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:36:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By renov8:

Shocking how many are bitten by the greed bug and use the lamest of arguments to support Bitcoin. Its code...nothing but. Without electricity its nothing.  Keep telling me how its the future...when our own grid can't even keep up with charging EV's.  Sure, you can take it anywhere you want...but how many other places in the world actually use it?  Gold and Silver are universally accepted...BTC isn't.  One way or another that Pyramid is going to lock up many with no way out.  The simple fact that ETF's have been implemented around Bitcoin tells you everything you need to know about its future...managed.  

View Quote

The electricity argument has been used for years. If we have a major grid disruption, we are headed for dark times. Everything we know and love needs power.

There are more retailers that I know of that accept bitcoin versus PMs. So they may be universally understood, but not universally accepted as currency.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:52:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:54:07 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

check mate

i just sold a ruger gp100 here and offered bitcoin as payment.  i'm about to sell another soon, i will still accept bitcoin as payment

How is Bitcoin a Fiat derivative?  Elaborate on that one for us.

As far as how many other places in the world that actually use it, I don't see how that's an argument against any decentralized cryptocurrency.  How could any decentralized currency get from introduction to universal acceptance without some period in between where the market for it gets built out by speculators?

The only way that any currency could be universally accepted on Day 1 would be if it was centralized by nature aka "by decree" which is what the term "fiat" directly translates to in English.

Even if Bitcoin isn't the future and some other decentralized currency is, crypto or otherwise, that future currency won't be universally accepted on Day 1.  It's impossible for it to be.  Even the markets for gold and silver had to be developed over thousands of years.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:56:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By goloud:

The electricity argument has been used for years. If we have a major grid disruption, we are headed for dark times. Everything we know and love needs power.

There are more retailers that I know of that accept bitcoin versus PMs. So they may be universally understood, but not universally accepted as currency.
View Quote

The reason the electricity argument is still around is because it applies. Simple truths are hard to dispel.

Blockchain will be implemented when gold and silver are used in trade...which is where we are headed once the BRIC's get their shit together. Its not a matter of if, but a matter of time before this huge cabal, with over 60% of the worlds population uses something other than the Dollar.  Saudi Arabia has joined BRIC's. They are building smelting plants there too. Even Nigeria has built a bourse to handle its own metals exchange.  No one seems to put much merit into all of this...ignore at your own peril.

Bitcoin is nothing more than another bottomless pit for your greed.  I just hope most of you at least buy something that has staying power. Even the charts show Bitcoin is on the sunsetting phase of its rise.

https://twitter.com/badcharts1/status/1779149376264262092
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:01:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AZ_Sky:
I have no problem with that.
If I can't hold it in my hand, it's worthless as far as I'm concerned.
View Quote

Tangible assets are worth more than numbers on paper.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:06:36 AM EDT
[#9]

The reason the electricity argument is still around is because it applies. Simple truths are hard to dispel.

Blockchain will be implemented when gold and silver are used in trade...which is where we are headed once the BRIC's get their shit together. Its not a matter of if, but a matter of time before this huge cabal, with over 60% of the worlds population uses something other than the Dollar.  Saudi Arabia has joined BRIC's. They are building smelting plants there too. Even Nigeria has built a bourse to handle its own metals exchange.  No one seems to put much merit into all of this...ignore at your own peril.

Bitcoin is nothing more than another bottomless pit for your greed.  I just hope most of you at least buy something that has staying power. Even the charts show Bitcoin is on the sunsetting phase of its rise.

View All Quotes

So that chart in a fact or speculation by someone who is bearish on bitcoin?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:08:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By tooldforthis:

stupidest argument you can come up with

Just because the dollar sucks doesn't make bittytoin any less ridiculous

Like saying

"Paper houses are stupid, buy ants"

Just because that is the excuse used to prop up bitcoin (worthless dollar) doesn't actually give any real value to an imaginary nothing
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tooldforthis:
Originally Posted By MidwestJ:
https://i.postimg.cc/d0kQCp1m/IMG-9825.png

Ignore BTC at your own peril.

stupidest argument you can come up with

Just because the dollar sucks doesn't make bittytoin any less ridiculous

Like saying

"Paper houses are stupid, buy ants"

Just because that is the excuse used to prop up bitcoin (worthless dollar) doesn't actually give any real value to an imaginary nothing

Take note of that second image concerning those who believe/invest in BTC.  Im sure you’re much smarter than them.  

Ignore at your own peril
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:08:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Your beliefs are not facts.

Are you saying that when the dollar dies, countries and corporations will be flying and shipping PMs around the world for global trade payments? Seems inefficient at best.

Because paper PMs could be worse than fiat. Proof of reserves will be falsified.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:10:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By woodsie:

As far as how many other places in the world that actually use it, I don't see how that's an argument against any decentralized cryptocurrency.  How could any decentralized currency get from introduction to universal acceptance without some period in between where the market for it gets built out by speculators?

The only way that any currency could be universally accepted on Day 1 would be if it was centralized by nature aka "by decree" which is what the term "fiat" directly translates to in English.

Even if Bitcoin isn't the future and some other decentralized currency is, crypto or otherwise, that future currency won't be universally accepted on Day 1.  It's impossible for it to be.  Even the markets for gold and silver had to be developed over thousands of years.
View Quote

You seem like a smart guy...figure it out. If I give you my reason for it...its not yours.  I don't need to be convinced.

94% of Bitcoin is held by 2%...how does that work?

This latest Ponzi scheme is n different from all the others...it is meant to separate you from your money.  When the explanations for why you need to hold Bitcoin become more convoluted, every time some ones wallet is hacked, or an exchange is purged of 100 million...I will stick with the archaic rock.  

Gold and Silver are meant to be held in times of trouble. We have seen that a few times in my lifetime. If you held it during those times, you would be a very rich person today. its like every other insurance policy out there...meant to protect you in times of need, but hoping it doesn't come to that.  Its why many of you carry...to protect yourself and those around you.  Gold and Silver are no different.  Especially when your government is insolvent and has to go back to the printing press this year alone for over 9 trillion dollars, just to stay current.  

Until something radically changes for the better...having something of real value, outside of the system, is what could be the difference between making it or not.

Make the best of where we are right now...opportunity knocks...take advantage of it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:16:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Got_Nukes:

So that chart in a fact or speculation by someone who is bearish on bitcoin?
View Quote

This guy is just showing the facts...and if the chart shows it...he puts it out.  Read his comments...he isn't saying it can't break out...but most likely won't be.  Throw in some fundamentals, along with the TA and a picture appears...maybe not in the strokes YOU want to see...but nonetheless...the strokes are there.  We all bring a different perspective to this...but don't be fooled by the tid-bits of a "perceived" reality when the facts presented by "reality" clearly show something else.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:17:34 AM EDT
[#14]

https://i.postimg.cc/d1HjSHG0/IMG-0523.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/Pfz9fTTG/IMG-0679.jpg

Take note of that second image concerning those who believe/invest in BTC.  Im sure you’re much smarter than them.  

Ignore at your own peril
View Quote

All Democrats...lol
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:23:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Your beliefs are not facts.

Are you saying that when the dollar dies, countries and corporations will be flying and shipping PMs around the world for global trade payments? Seems inefficient at best.

Because paper PMs could be worse than fiat. Proof of reserves will be falsified.

View Quote

Another straw man argument...proof of reserves can be held by a vault, similar to a duty free zone, where all parties have representation. The solution to your imaginary problem is hardly an issue. Most of these countries don't want to use each others currency...so using a universal currency, backed by gold, silver or a basket of commodities will bring stability to the trade.  If at the end of the year or period there is a trade imbalance, that is when the block chain will be used to settle in gold.  No different than how a depository works now...the gold stays put, but the name on it can be conveyed to another.

Look at what happened when the British Pound stopped being the reserve currency...the info is there if you want to see it.  Look it up.  I am a huge proponent of you doing your own DD...as anything I put forward will be ridiculed and hen-pecked to death.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#16]

All Democrats...lol
View All Quotes

Ignore at your own peril

All Democrats...lol

Money makin democrats.  

I’m not saying their politics aren’t fawked.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:28:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bama_Rebel] [#17]
i dont own any gold or BTC
lets say 10 years ago I bought 10K USD worth of gold and 10k USD worth of BTC

how much would that gold be worth now?

how much would that BTC be worth now?

how much is that same 20k USD worth now?

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:30:35 AM EDT
[#18]

This latest Ponzi scheme is n different from all the others...it is meant to separate you from your money.  
View Quote

Which money?  The fiat currency that is in use by.....essentially 99.999999% of the human race, almost none of whom hold physical gold/silver/PMs in any notable quantity?

I don't know anyone who is trading in their Precious Metals (if they have any) for Crypto.  

Compare the historical (2010>) graph of the value of BTC, verses the graph of the value of the US$/Pound Sterling/Euro/Yen over that same period.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Another straw man argument...proof of reserves can be held by a vault, similar to a duty free zone, where all parties have representation. The solution to your imaginary problem is hardly an issue. Most of these countries don't want to use each others currency...so using a universal currency, backed by gold, silver or a basket of commodities will bring stability to the trade.  If at the end of the year or period there is a trade imbalance, that is when the block chain will be used to settle in gold.  No different than how a depository works now...the gold stays put, but the name on it can be conveyed to another.

Look at what happened when the British Pound stopped being the reserve currency...the info is there if you want to see it.  Look it up.  I am a huge proponent of you doing your own DD...as anything I put forward will be ridiculed and hen-pecked to death.
View Quote

We did the whole countries gold in vaults thing at the world trade center.
You seem to basically be proposing btc but backed by gold. BTC is already considered to have value absent any tangible asset backing. Someone has already made a gold crypto backed by physical gold. If that is what you believe in you maybe should get some.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:36:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Telling people to do their own due diligence while you have obviously done none on Bitcoin is priceless.

Have you read the Bitcoin white paper, The Bitcoin Standard, Hard Money, or any of the others? Have you researched the fastest growing ETFs in history, funded solely by Bitcoin, and managed by 11 of the world’s largest financial institutions?

The fact that our own government is fighting adoption should be a sign. It’s not for consumer protection.

Bitcoin may very well fail, but it won’t be because gold is a superior asset.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#21]

You seem like a smart guy...figure it out. If I give you my reason for it...its not yours.  I don't need to be convinced.

This latest Ponzi scheme is n different from all the others...it is meant to separate you from your money.  When the explanations for why you need to hold Bitcoin become more convoluted, every time some ones wallet is hacked, or an exchange is purged of 100 million...I will stick with the archaic rock.  

Gold and Silver are meant to be held in times of trouble. We have seen that a few times in my lifetime. If you held it during those times, you would be a very rich person today. its like every other insurance policy out there...meant to protect you in times of need, but hoping it doesn't come to that.  Its why many of you carry...to protect yourself and those around you.  Gold and Silver are no different.  Especially when your government is insolvent and has to go back to the printing press this year alone for over 9 trillion dollars, just to stay current.  

Until something radically changes for the better...having something of real value, outside of the system, is what could be the difference between making it or not.

Make the best of where we are right now...opportunity knocks...take advantage of it.
View All Quotes

That doesn't make any sense.  Why can't you just tell me?  I DO need to be convinced and am willing to be convinced that Bitcoin is a fiat derivative if in fact it is a fiat derivative.  It seems like a cop out to make an argument and then just tell everyone to figure it out themselves.

Well, two things.  

1)  A small percentage of entities hold most of the gold too.  That's the nature of human life on earth.  Virtually nothing of value is evenly distributed.
2)  Bitcoin has a few very large custodians.  That 2% holding 94% includes entities like Coinbase and Binance which are custodians of Bitcoin on the behalf of the 98%.  

Gold and Silver are meant to be held in times of trouble. We have seen that a few times in my lifetime. If you held it during those times, you would be a very rich person today.

Which times are you talking about?  Gold and Silver are obviously a hedge but I don't see any period over the last 100 years where holding either would make a person very rich.  Certainly some periods where it outperformed other asset classes but no period where it would have made anyone very rich.  The annualized rate of return for Gold over the last 30 years, which is a pretty standard investing time horizon, has been 6.15%.  That's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, but it's not making anyone rich unless they had a decent amount of money to invest in the first place.

Gold and Silver are no different.  Especially when your government is insolvent and has to go back to the printing press this year alone for over 9 trillion dollars, just to stay current.  

Bitcoin is a liquidity sponge just like Gold and Silver.  The difference is that the market for Bitcoin is not nearly as built out as Gold and Silver so there is more opportunity if your investment thesis is based on the government continuing to print and spend.  No argument that Gold and Bitcoin don't have some different characteristics that make them better or worse in certain types of adverse conditions but the government printing money one is one where Bitcoin does well.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:38:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Obo2] [#22]
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:

View Quote

The closing price for Bitcoin (BTC) in April 2014 was $447.65, on April 30, 2014.
Gold April 30, 2014 $1,292.00 oz

BTC right now 62,200.20
Gold right now 2,380.69

so roughly $1,240,000 in btc
and let's just call it $20,000 in gold

being generous to gold and rounding down for btc
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:43:05 AM EDT
[#23]

Money makin democrats.  

I’m not saying their politics aren’t fawked.
View Quote

With everything going on today from the left...why wouldn't you think BTC might be another ploy in their arsenal?  I bet most of those BTC whales are all getting out now...if they already haven't.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:46:15 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

The BTC would be worth more than both of them combined...but the time frame is limited...as is the application you should be looking to use them for.

With what I know now...I should have bought 10,000 bitcoins when it first came out....I would be worth hundreds of millions.  First in, first to make it. Last out, left holding the bag.

Imagine if Gold or Silver did that over its 6000 year history of use.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:48:38 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

@Bama_Rebel

April 16, 2014 price of Gold: $1,300 oz.
@ $10k buy = 7.692 oz. of gold.
Gold today: $2396 oz. X 7.692 oz. = $18,430

April 16, 2014 price of BTC: $527 ea.
@ $10k buy = 18.975 BTC
BTC today: $62,200 X 18.975 = $1,180,245

$20k of USD today appears to be valued at 32% less than it was in 2014, due to the cumulative rate of inflation.

Anyone is free to double check and correct any errors shared above.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:50:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:

I expect the real bitcoin pump to start soon.
View Quote

Yeah, breaking the previous ATH before the halving even occurs bodes well.  Fingers crossed it’s moon lambos for everybody.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:50:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Fulcrum-5:

Which money?  The fiat currency that is in use by.....essentially 99.999999% of the human race, almost none of whom hold physical gold/silver/PMs in any notable quantity?

I don't know anyone who is trading in their Precious Metals (if they have any) for Crypto.  

Compare the historical (2010>) graph of the value of BTC, verses the graph of the value of the US$/Pound Sterling/Euro/Yen over that same period.
View Quote

Why is it most Americans don't hold PM's? Look it up.  I did.    Many other countries do hold Gold and Silver...check your sources.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:52:29 AM EDT
[#28]

With everything going on today from the left...why wouldn't you think BTC might be another ploy in their arsenal?  I bet most of those BTC whales are all getting out now...if they already haven't.
View Quote

Now Bitcoin is a dem psyop?

Best case scenario is that you are bored, envious, and uninformed and want to stir the pot.

Worse case scenario is that you are a paid troll that injects doubt to deepen the price action.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:54:43 AM EDT
[#29]

I bet most of those BTC whales are all getting out now...if they already haven't.
View Quote

Bitcoin is a public ledger. Show me how many whales are getting out now.

https://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:57:31 AM EDT
[#30]
we can own both
since we're not 5yr old children bound to an arbitrary binary choice....
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:57:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By UTCenturion:

the problem with this logic is after 15 years in i still dont know anyone who has bought something with bitcoin. Nor have i heard an example of someone actually exchanging something for bitcoin. Ive heard of people buying bitcoin to get in on a rise, but im not sure theres a real use case in the end. Gold has been a medium of exchange for like 10000 years or more. Its not perfect either it has its problems but atleast it has a track record
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UTCenturion:
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
Most people trust money in their bank held digitally.

Bitcoin removes the untrustworthy government and bank from the equation and lets you send or receive value over long distance without knowing or trusting the ssender. It follows a planned inflation cycle that approaches zero inflation over time. Bitcoins inflation rate has been below the feds target rate for four years and in a few weeks it will be less than half the feds target rate for USD. Due to the limited nature and worldwide utility I expect BTC to continue climbing for awhile longer. I believe it's value will stabilize over time as the value increases and acceptance increases.

When the last bitcoin is produced 100 years from now there will be 21 million total. If 10% of the United States wanted a 1 bitcoin savings account, they couldn't have it. When you consider it's a worldwide currency hedge, the prospective adoptive population is much larger than 10% of the US.

the problem with this logic is after 15 years in i still dont know anyone who has bought something with bitcoin. Nor have i heard an example of someone actually exchanging something for bitcoin. Ive heard of people buying bitcoin to get in on a rise, but im not sure theres a real use case in the end. Gold has been a medium of exchange for like 10000 years or more. Its not perfect either it has its problems but atleast it has a track record

I have gold and bitcoin.  I have paid for things and settled a debt with bitcoin.  I have never done anything with my gold.  I can also pay for gold with bitcoin.  YMMV
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:58:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By TheWellGuy:
Bitcoin peaked two and a half years ago at about thirty seven ounces of gold. Now worth less than twenty seven ounces.
Twenty seven percent decline in two and a half years. Bitcoin is going much lower.
View Quote

now talk about how i could have bough 1.5 bitcoin for one ounce of gold 6 years ago....
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:04:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By nomad07:
we can own both
since we're not 5yr old children bound to an arbitrary binary choice....
View Quote

Maybe the answer is a gold backed cryptocurrency.  

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=gold+backed+cryptocurrency
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#34]

Ignore at your own peril
View Quote

there is so much made up fail in your first picture that it is laughable that you are capable of creating enough confirmation bias to even believe it, let alone post it
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:07:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tooldforthis] [#35]

Ignore at your own peril
View Quote

there is so much made up fail in your first picture that it is laughable that you are capable of creating enough confirmation bias to even believe it, let alone post it

let us just use the first one

DURABLE

Uh huh, if absolutely everything works exactly right in society.  

as for the second picture, just because people invest in it, doesn't mean they believe in it

there is always a rich guy willing to fleece a sucker, guess which one you are
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:11:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ARandomClaymore:

@Bama_Rebel

@ $10k buy = 18.975 BTC

$20k of USD today appears to be valued at 32% less than it was in 2014, due to the cumulative rate of inflation.

View All Quotes

@Bama_Rebel

@ $10k buy = 18.975 BTC

thank you. Your Numbers are in the same ballpark as OBO. Which corresponds to my basic knowledge of it. That tells me cash money is the worst. It actually loses value. Gold not only holds value it increase's. Pretty much doubled and as the other poster pointed out. Its a relatively safe investment. BTC has performed extremely well. I assume it will only increase in the near future, at least after this halving.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:23:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fulcrum-5] [#37]

Why is it most Americans don't hold PM's?
View All Quotes

Why is it most Americans don't hold PM's?

Because it's not very fungible, practically-speaking (Wally World and KFC don't take Silver Eagles, the Power Company and Water Company won't, either), and the S&P 500 Index Funds are a better long-term investment, and most Americans lack the wherewithal to buy into an additional stream for "Oh, Shit! EMP Strike!" potentialities.

When you can't afford a $5000 emergency (a category which covers most Americans), it's hard to get motivated to go into last-ditch stores of value that are measured in $x000/oz.

So, yeah, that's generally why.  

...and your response was still a non sequitur/red herring to my question of:

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:07:34 PM EDT
[#38]
You know how I know Bitcoin has already won? No one charts prices relative to gold. And here we are with a gold bug pricing gold relative to BTC.

GAME OVER.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:08:25 PM EDT
[#39]

...I assume it will only increase in the near future, at least after this halving....

View All Quotes

@Bama_Rebel

@ $10k buy = 18.975 BTC

...I assume it will only increase in the near future, at least after this halving....

Based off of past cycles and past performance that is a good impression and take away to have.

Still expect crypto prices across the board to continue to drop post halving for a bit as patterns have also shown.

This current cycle has bucked the trend from previous ones. As I stated in the main thread, this was the first cycle that generated (3) three 'new' All-Time Highs in the same cycle:

April 2021
Nov. 2021
Mar. 2024

Personally, I am eyeing March 2025 for the fireworks.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:18:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Telling people to do their own due diligence while you have obviously done none on Bitcoin is priceless.

Have you read the Bitcoin white paper, The Bitcoin Standard, Hard Money, or any of the others? Have you researched the fastest growing ETFs in history, funded solely by Bitcoin, and managed by 11 of the world’s largest financial institutions?

The fact that our own government is fighting adoption should be a sign. It’s not for consumer protection.

Bitcoin may very well fail, but it won’t be because gold is a superior asset.

View Quote

Are you trying to convince me of BTC's importance? I see the importance of the blockchain behind it...but BTC has no value...other than the number of people who have supported this pyramid over a short period of time.

Neither of us are going to convince the other...lets just agree to disagree.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:20:23 PM EDT
[#41]

That doesn't make any sense.  Why can't you just tell me?  I DO need to be convinced and am willing to be convinced that Bitcoin is a fiat derivative if in fact it is a fiat derivative.  It seems like a cop out to make an argument and then just tell everyone to figure it out themselves.

Well, two things.  

1)  A small percentage of entities hold most of the gold too.  That's the nature of human life on earth.  Virtually nothing of value is evenly distributed.
2)  Bitcoin has a few very large custodians.  That 2% holding 94% includes entities like Coinbase and Binance which are custodians of Bitcoin on the behalf of the 98%.  

Which times are you talking about?  Gold and Silver are obviously a hedge but I don't see any period over the last 100 years where holding either would make a person very rich.  Certainly some periods where it outperformed other asset classes but no period where it would have made anyone very rich.  The annualized rate of return for Gold over the last 30 years, which is a pretty standard investing time horizon, has been 6.15%.  That's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, but it's not making anyone rich unless they had a decent amount of money to invest in the first place.

Bitcoin is a liquidity sponge just like Gold and Silver.  The difference is that the market for Bitcoin is not nearly as built out as Gold and Silver so there is more opportunity if your investment thesis is based on the government continuing to print and spend.  No argument that Gold and Bitcoin don't have some different characteristics that make them better or worse in certain types of adverse conditions but the government printing money one is one where Bitcoin does well.

View Quote

I don't have the temperament to address all of your insecurities...might help if you spoke to someone.

You obviously have some reservations about BTC, otherwise you wouldn't be trying so hard to change my mind.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:21:51 PM EDT
[#42]

Best case scenario is that you are bored, envious, and uninformed and want to stir the pot.

Worse case scenario is that you are a paid troll that injects doubt to deepen the price action.

View Quote

Keep telling yourself that...lol
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:22:07 PM EDT
[#43]

Based off of past cycles and past performance that is a good impression and take away to have.

Still expect crypto prices across the board to continue to drop post halving for a bit as patterns have also shown.

This current cycle has bucked the trend from previous ones. As I stated in the main thread, this was the first cycle that generated (3) three 'new' All-Time Highs in the same cycle:

April 2021
Nov. 2021
Mar. 2024

View All Quotes

@Bama_Rebel

@ $10k buy = 18.975 BTC

April 2021
Nov. 2021
Mar. 2024

Nah bro, it's all about Uptober!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:26:30 PM EDT
[#44]

Nah bro, it's all about Uptober!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/178958/Capture_JPG-3189556.JPG

View Quote

There it is! The "October Surprise" I always hear about.

My body is ready.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:27:29 PM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes

Fixed supply and a public ledger to government spenders (Blue and half the Red too) are like sunshine to a vampire.  Their power depends on spending which depends on Brrrrrt.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:28:15 PM EDT
[#46]

I don't have the temperament to address all of your insecurities...might help if you spoke to someone.

You obviously have some reservations about BTC, otherwise you wouldn't be trying so hard to change my mind.

View All Quotes

Well, two things.  

Have we arrived at that point in the discussion where you just start insulting people rather than just representing your point of view?

You're barking up the wrong tree.  I don't take that bait but I'm still happy to consider any real arguments that you have.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:32:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Jagrmaister:
You know how I know Bitcoin has already won? No one charts prices relative to gold. And here we are with a gold bug pricing gold relative to BTC.

GAME OVER.

View Quote

Does saying "game over" empower you?  

Go on X and look at all the finance guys doing TA with charts comparing Silver to BTC, Gold to BTC...and a number of other comparisons...

https://twitter.com/NorthstarCharts/status/1780200711269077114

https://twitter.com/NorthstarCharts/status/1779914292889804857

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:34:55 PM EDT
[#48]

Have we arrived at that point in the discussion where you just start insulting people rather than just representing your point of view?

You're barking up the wrong tree.  I don't take that bait but I'm still happy to consider any real arguments that you have.
View Quote

Pointing out your insecurities is now considered an insult?  toughen up...your going to need it once BTC hits the crapper.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:41:48 PM EDT
[#49]

check mate

View Quote

You couldn't mine bitcoin without gold
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:43:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By ToxicMasculinity:

Careful backpedaling so hard. You're going to hurt yourself
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ToxicMasculinity:
Originally Posted By TheWellGuy:
I'm not suggesting that Gold has increased in value. Just that it's a ruler by which you can measure.

Careful backpedaling so hard. You're going to hurt yourself

While you're busy making up stuff, I said try to quote me. Seems you're the one pedaling bitcoin...
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top