Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2023 11:00:22 AM EDT
Looking for a good shave soap. I was previously using Col Conks but they recently changed their formula and it sucks. No longer lathers up good, feels like I dry shaved my face when I'm done. Looking for something similar to their old glycerin formula.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 11:32:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the barbershop scent from Sir Hare and Shannon's Soaps. Some of Shannon's Soaps other scents are pretty strong though.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 1:14:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Try Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap for a very different experience than glycerin-based soaps.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 1:18:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I use Moon Soaps as I prefer soaps with tallow.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 1:31:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Grooming Department in your choice of scent.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 7:10:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool, thanks for all the suggestions.  I also had no idea there was a separate shaving forum on here.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 8:19:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ef4life] [#7]
My go to is Proraso or something from these guys
https://phoenixartisanaccoutrements.com/

I’m not a fan of the new conk soaps either, I liked the old glycerin versions quite a bit.
Link Posted: 9/22/2023 8:24:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I used to really like Tabac.  Using a good pre-shave oil makes an immense difference in comfort.  Commercial pre-shave oil is expensive as hell, but you can make your own using grape seed oil as the base, then adding whatever fragrance oils you prefer...I used to use sandalwood, eucalyptus, and a couple of other fragrances and end up with about 16 ounces for $30 rather than 2 ounces of commercial for $30-40.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top