Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2024 9:26:56 PM EDT
So I had one of those fairly cheap half racks from Dicks that I got 2nd hand for $250. Honestly it was great and more than I’ll ever need but of course I wanted something better. Scoured the internet for a few months and as much as I wanted a Rogue they just didn’t make anything that would fit my space just right. I only have a small chunk of my 12x24 shed available and the Titan space saving rack seems like it was made for it!  I read a bunch of stuff saying quality control sucked, shipping sucked, etc but my experience was excellent. Shipping was reasonable time wise (and free), powder coat finish is damn near perfect, welds all look great, no missing hardware and easy enough to assemble and mount by myself. It’s solid as a rock!  I opted for the additional cross member/brace to mount my shackles for cable exercises and got the dip station as well as the safety spotters which deliver tomorrow. Having that out there makes me really want to go out and use it.  Big fan overall!  Now I just need tractor supply to get stall mats back in stock and find some bumper plates for cheap…
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:58:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ASUsax] [#1]
Nice setup, and I like how you used the roof space to maximum advantage by pushing the pullup bar out.

I went with a Rogue folding setup, but honestly I never fold it, so something like what you did makes a ton of sense. (Personally, if I was doing it again, I would probably just go with a 24" deep 4-post rack... wouldn't take up much more space than what I have, unfolded)

For flooring - that foam... get rid of it, even if you're just using the floor. I have some of that stuff, and it just sucks for that. (The kids use it now, to build forts and stuff - it's fine for nerf wars, but not much else). My Gym is a converted bedroom, so I didn't want horse stall mats, and I did this stuff from Home Depot:

Survivor Sportfloor

Its still interlocking tiles, but they're heavy and they don't move AT ALL. It's not as thick as horse stall mats, but it looks good and it's easy to install. I initially wanted to go with a roll system, but shipping kills ya, where as this stuff ships to store for free. It's protected my concrete fine, with the caveat that I don't do Olympic lifts where I'm dropping from above my head and I have bumper plates.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 8:33:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah the flooring is on the short list. I just checked and one of the stores got the stall mats in about 45 minutes away. I may make the trip this weekend. I found a used rogue folder for a good deal but it was a 48” folder which would take up too much real estate and I’d never be able to fold it back with my roof pitch. Figured this wall mount would be sturdier anyway.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 11:54:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jeremy223] [#3]
Nice. I just got the same space saving T3 on Tuesday, but without pulleys. Same here, shipping, packaging, powder coat and welds are all excellent.

I just got bumpers from Walmart, the everyday essentials or whatever. Currently on sale for $1/lb in sets and not too much more for singles. I got a 160lb set plus extra 45s. They're not too bad for the price. One of my 25s weighs 28.5lb, but all the others are near 1%. They stink like hell and I have to move them outside when not in use, hopefully that goes away before too long.

Link Posted: 2/4/2024 8:55:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn!  As much as I’ve sat out there and stared at that thing I never put 2 and 2 together to store the dip attachment like that!
Glad yours was in as good a shape as mine. Thing is rock solid!
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 7:11:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Inimicalone] [#5]
I ended up buying the Vanswe rack from Amazon.  It's pretty nice for what it is.

Link Posted: 2/10/2024 6:33:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jeremy223:
Nice. I just got the same space saving T3 on Tuesday, but without pulleys. Same here, shipping, packaging, powder coat and welds are all excellent.

I just got bumpers from Walmart, the everyday essentials or whatever. Currently on sale for $1/lb in sets and not too much more for singles. I got a 160lb set plus extra 45s. They're not too bad for the price. One of my 25s weighs 28.5lb, but all the others are near 1%. They stink like hell and I have to move them outside when not in use, hopefully that goes away before too long.

https://i.imgur.com/tggPuZg.jpg

View Quote

After you posted that, I decided to check mine, because I have a bunch of Everyday Essentials bumper plates.

I have 160# (2x45, 2x25, 2x10) of the colored ones, and I did not weigh them because I never use them anymore. I don't like the steel hubs. (The black ones are much more similar to my Rogue plates in terms of how they are built)

On my Black everyday essential plates... the 25's were all dead-nuts. 4 of my 45's were at 45.2# (these all were purchased at the same time) while my other 2 (purchased at a different time and notably thicker than the other 4) were at 43.8# My Rogue 45's came in at 44.8#'s, while the 25's were also dead on.

Anyway, what I learned is... all the pairs are the same, but don't mix them. Which I didn't anyway.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 8:28:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tanren37] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ASUsax:

After you posted that, I decided to check mine, because I have a bunch of Everyday Essentials bumper plates.

I have 160# (2x45, 2x25, 2x10) of the colored ones, and I did not weigh them because I never use them anymore. I don't like the steel hubs. (The black ones are much more similar to my Rogue plates in terms of how they are built)

On my Black everyday essential plates... the 25's were all dead-nuts. 4 of my 45's were at 45.2# (these all were purchased at the same time) while my other 2 (purchased at a different time and notably thicker than the other 4) were at 43.8# My Rogue 45's came in at 44.8#'s, while the 25's were also dead on.

Anyway, what I learned is... all the pairs are the same, but don't mix them. Which I didn't anyway.
View Quote

Yeah, what's your bar weigh?

Way back when, the first set I bought was the cheap ass 300# from Sports Authority.  After months of lifting, I weighed the bar.....  It was some stupid shit like 33#.  All my fucking PR's were lies!  MF!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top