Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Golf
Posted: 4/29/2024 7:06:08 AM EDT
I'm excited.  First set of clubs in my life that weren't used or hand-me-downs.

Got the 0211s irons, 2 wedges, a putter and a Gen6 Hybrid club.

Wish I could have afforded the 0311 Gen6 clubs  but I'll be happy with what I got.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:39:11 AM EDT
[#1]
You’ll par every hole now.

just breaking your balls. Congrats and good luck
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:59:42 PM EDT
[#2]
My golfing buddy just got a new set of PXG irons, he let me try his 8 iron on a 140 yard par 3 with a steady 10 mile an hour wind in our face, I hit that shot soo pure that I think a wet my pants a tiny bit. I'm just getting back into the game after 25 years of doing other things and am still using my 30 year old Taylor Made irons, even when I hit my TM irons pure they don't feel like the PXG pureness, not even close. I hit that PXG 8 iron 150 yards into that wind with no effort at all but I did notice the loft differences in his irons compared to my old Taylor Made irons, his 8 iron looks like my 7 iron loft wise so maybe that is why I hit his 8 further than I would normally hit an 8?
I'm still searching for a new set of irons and the PXG is definitely on my list.

Enjoy your new sticks!!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:22:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bosqueboy:
My golfing buddy just got a new set of PXG irons, he let me try his 8 iron on a 140 yard par 3 with a steady 10 mile an hour wind in our face, I hit that shot soo pure that I think a wet my pants a tiny bit. I'm just getting back into the game after 25 years of doing other things and am still using my 30 year old Taylor Made irons, even when I hit my TM irons pure they don't feel like the PXG pureness, not even close. I hit that PXG 8 iron 150 yards into that wind with no effort at all but I did notice the loft differences in his irons compared to my old Taylor Made irons, his 8 iron looks like my 7 iron loft wise so maybe that is why I hit his 8 further than I would normally hit an 8?
I'm still searching for a new set of irons and the PXG is definitely on my list.

Enjoy your new sticks!!!
View Quote

Yup, exactly

The number is just a number.  If you are accurate, consistent  and have confidence in the club is what really matters
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:46:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By BigPolska:

Yup, exactly

The number is just a number.  If you are accurate, consistent  and have confidence in the club is what really matters
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigPolska:
Originally Posted By Bosqueboy:

Enjoy your new sticks!!!

Yup, exactly

What BP said, but also take a look at shaft length.  Typically, irons got 1/2" longer/shorter as you moved up/down in the set.  Bump that to 5/8" or 3/4", and suddenly your 7-iron starts getting the clubhead speed of a 6-iron.  Then stack more upright (less spin-inducing) lofts on it, and watch carry distance go Brrrrr.  Of course, you might now have 10-15 yards of roll on your short and medium-irons, but you can't have everything.

This is really applicable to hybrids.  In my experience, others differ, my X hybrid goes as far or farther than the next number up as an iron.  E.g., 4-hybrid goes further than my 3-iron.  All due to the much longer shaft.  Just something else to keep in mind.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:22:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JDennis] [#5]
Originally Posted By Kujoe:
I'm excited.  First set of clubs in my life that weren't used or hand-me-downs.

Got the 0211s irons, 2 wedges, a putter and a Gen6 Hybrid club.

Wish I could have afforded the 0311 Gen6 clubs  but I'll be happy with what I got.
View Quote

You happier than being strapped to a hog rolling around in mud????

Mud | PXG GEN4 National Commercial
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:22:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By JDennis:

You happier than being strapped to a hog rolling around in mud????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BvXi-7hr2U
View Quote
If I could find some time to play.

Had them for a week now and can't seem to get out
Page General » Golf
Top Top