Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2024 5:15:53 PM EDT
My buddy and I did some A/B and stereo stuff with his MkIIC+ and my new MkV:25.

They did a really good job on the circuitry considering it uses EL84s instead of 6L6s.  The MkIV mode spanks, too.

These things really do boogie!

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 5:37:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Mesas always sound great. Dual Recs were always my favorite high gain sound until recently when I got to try an Omega Granophyre, probably my new favorite high gain tone of all time. Sounded soooo good.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:46:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the Recs but only for punk and metal stuff.  The Mark series are just crazy versatile amps and I am actually originally a jazz and blues guy. LOL

I love 5150s for high gain as well.  OWTH makes that amp sound absolutely brutal.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 12:18:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I have owned a .50 Caliber + Mesa and a Mesa Mark IV.  They are just amazing amps and can really ramp up the volume.  I think my Mark IV wide body combo was one the loudest amps I've ever played.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:27:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By musicman10_1:
I have owned a .50 Caliber + Mesa and a Mesa Mark IV.  They are just amazing amps and can really ramp up the volume.  I think my Mark IV wide body combo was one the loudest amps I've ever played.
View Quote

I record my MkIV through an isolation cabinet and on Tweed power (just the 6L6s) and if I have it anywhere above about 4-5 on the master volume the SPL is crazy.  I use a ribbon mic so I'm scared to destroy the thing.  An SM57 I wouldn't hesitate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top