Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Golf
Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2024 11:02:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cttb]
This video came up in my feed. It laid out a couple of concepts really well: 1) Don't move faster than the speed at which you can control your body and the club; and 2) You can start your body earlier than the club, but you can't move it faster.

The TRICK to Leading With Your Hips In The Golf Swing

Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:52:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mike_48] [#1]
I watch Trevor Salzman quite a bit and I'm on his distribution list for weekly tips.  Once you sign up, you also have access to a series of his short videos that are only about 1-3 minutes long and they are really good.  

I've even thought about flying down to FL for a lesson or two from him.  His videos on arm structure, wrists and how the shoulders function are excellent.  Highly recommend.

BTW - Eric Cogorno, the other guy in your video is a really good instructor as well.  Here is another video on hips by Mike Malaska.  It's not so much of a turn or rotation but a push back and not allowing yourself to move into the ball (belt buckle does not get closer to the ball on the way down).  You still have to shift forward with your weight and not just spin out & come over the top (major swing killer).  This gives you more room to get through the ball.  

I also apply this to the trail hip on the backswing, push it back and no sway.  I prefer depth in both directions.  Another video below.

GOLF: This ONE Hip Move Could Fix Your Entire Swing | Mike Malaska Shows Me This INCREDIBLE Move!

Backswing - I'm not a fan of a restricted hip turn, it can also be painful if you are old like me.

Stop This Backswing Destroyer And Using Your Hips Wrong

Page General » Golf
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top