Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Golf
Site Notices
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 4/25/2024 2:59:15 PM EDT
When I first started, I used an interlock.  I then switched to the overlap (Vardon) several years later.  Now I'm toying with the idea about going back to interlock.  What are you using and why?  Any specific reason?  I've seen pros use both over the decades.  

Spieth, Nicklaus, Woods - Interlock
Palmer, Trevino, Hogan - Overlap
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Overlap.  I have some tendon issues in my fingers from rock climbing and drumming that interlock send to make worse
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Overlap. I play fine with either grip, but interlock makes my right pinky hurt after a while.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:31:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Overlap. I started with interlock but found it easier to keep the cup out at the top with overlap.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:02:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Overlap, and a grip like I have an open toothpaste tube between my fingers and I don't want to squeeze any out
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:10:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Interlock. Tried overlap a couple of times but just felt I had to grip to firmly with my right hand to feel in control.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:12:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: baxt3r] [#6]
Interlock has always been more comfortable for me.  I've had a few people insist I try overlap but I always go back to interlock.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:08:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DrRemulak] [#7]
Interlock for me. My grip always feels good. Unlike my swing.
Page General » Golf
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top