Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/19/2024 8:54:34 PM EDT
Local cops have only gotten body cams in the last few months, a few shootings have already been captured.

This happened last weekend.

To save some time for the whiners, yes there's age verification.

Clark County Sheriff's Office Critical Incident Video from 4-13-24
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:57:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: manowar669] [#1]
Originally Posted By JackRebney:
Local cops have only gotten body cams in the last few months, a few shootings have already been captured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSnvNcsxZY8
View Quote

Good shoot. I hate to be "that guy", but it seemed like a long time between neutralize and medical assistance. No loss to society I'm sure, but perp was clearly no threat for a looonnng time before aid was rendered.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, he found out 🙄
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:06:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I occasionally carry my NAA .22LR. No effing way I'd want to rock and roll with it. Going up against center fire? Naw. That's muzzle to the temple stuff.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:06:51 PM EDT
[#4]
That’s how I want to go out. A gun in my hand, and then some yoga to relax.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:07:27 PM EDT
[#5]
LOL "Don't move" when the guy obviously has a TBI/dying.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:08:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like femoral artery shot? And a few to the chest.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:12:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn, dude came out all lookin' hard with that little prostitute gun.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:16:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Confused doggie...

With that many holes, I would have guessed there would have been a bigger puddle.

I wonder if one of the shots unplugged his ticker...
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:17:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JackRebney] [#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nickel_Plated:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:17:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah trying to save him was a waste. Those 2 upper chest strikes were fatal. The button stitching left and right of center were a nice touch.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:19:37 PM EDT
[#11]
At least now he will not be a repeat offender. I am sure his GF has a gofundfelons talking about his upcoming cancer cures.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:20:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Nickel_Plated:
View Quote

Wonder where he was keeping it if he had to go to the bathroom to get it out.

Also I think that dog needs more training.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:21:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hking] [#13]
Originally Posted By manowar669:

Good shoot. I hate to be "that guy", but it seemed like a long time between neutralize and medical assistance. No loss to society I'm sure, but perp was clearly no threat for a looonnng time before aid was rendered.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

He was cooked and they all knew it, if they would have rushed him and provided the best first aid on the planet immediately it wouldn't have made a difference.

Originally Posted By ar154all:
With that many holes, I would have guessed there would have been a bigger puddle.

It don't always leak outside, often it pumps into the chest cavity
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:22:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Such legal BS giving dead people 1st Aid….
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:23:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Confused doggie...

I wonder if one of the shots unplugged his ticker...
View Quote

Father Clint of the Church of Holy Thunder stated pistols put holes in people, and rifles put holes through people.  Shotguns, with the appropriate load at the right distance will remove chunks of your assailant and throw it on the ground.  Very wise man.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:26:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Why even waste the chest seals?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:27:47 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

The other suspect could have been in one of the bathrooms. No need to rush in.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:28:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Mooseless:
That’s how I want to go out. A gun in my hand, and then some yoga to relax.
View Quote

Don't forget the knockoff Raybans.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:29:52 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

Choking to death in your own blood is one of the unfortunate side effects of being a shithead who just tried to murder a cop.
But you're right. They should have instantly started chest compressions. It looks better to the rubes and speeds up exsanguination.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:34:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Lighthammer72:

Wonder where he was keeping it if he had to go to the bathroom to get it out.

Also I think that dog needs more training.
View Quote
Yeah the dog wasn't much help

but it was smart enough to nope out of the kill zone at the first shot
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:36:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:37:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Lol at the commands to a dead guy.
Interesting that he died upright.
FAFO for sure.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Hking:

He was cooked and they all knew it, if they would have rushed him and provided the best first aid on the planet immediately it wouldn't have made a difference.

It don't always leak outside, often it pumps into the chest cavity
View Quote

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We have a winner!!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:51:37 PM EDT
[#24]
It's in their culture, they can't help it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:52:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By badkarmaiii:
FAFO for sure.
View Quote

The dead body was convulsing.  

Cops - Don't move!!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:56:07 PM EDT
[#26]
He's NAAt gonna do that again.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:58:13 PM EDT
[#27]
And just like that the world was a better place!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:59:37 PM EDT
[#28]
I want a prostitute gun.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:01:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: panzersergeant] [#29]

View Quote

Yeah, it was a good shoot and no doubt the guy invited it by pointing his little .22 at the cops, but it's almost like the police were just standing there waiting for him to expire. Yeah, I get that his weapon was still in arm's reach but I doubt he could do anything else after being perforated.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:03:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Ticket to the afterlife punched!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:05:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GlockPride] [#31]
Originally Posted By Seabee_Mech:
Yeah the dog wasn't much help

but it was smart enough to nope out of the kill zone at the first shot
View Quote

Looked like he just wanted some pets or head scratches.  

Totally worthless at apprehension in this instance.  But maybe for the better in the end.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:13:00 PM EDT
[#32]
He fell funny
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:14:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroEngineer] [#33]
FAFO

Also, that first did was entirely performative to appease the tender hearts.  I doubt even a full trauma team on standby right outside could have saved that guy.   He was brain dead very quickly.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:14:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Mag dump into him, wait 12 minutes, THEN try first aid?

...does yelling commands at dead people really work?

Good shoot, but...still plenty of wtf
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:15:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By NAM:

...does yelling commands at dead people really work?

Good shoot, but...still plenty of wtf
View Quote

Following procedure I’m sure.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:16:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:27:37 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Probably contained mostly in the chest cavity until he goes horizontal....but by that point his heart wasn't beating anymore.

When they opened him up there was likely a blood clot in there the size of a big housecat.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:28:27 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

Aid was rendered for the body camera. That perp was DRT.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:29:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By badkarmaiii:
FAFO for sure.
View Quote

When the switch gets flipped...either because the CNS is destroyed or blood pressure drops really fast...people tend to collapse straight down unless there is some momentum involved.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:33:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By panzersergeant:
but it's almost like the police were just standing there waiting for him to expire.
View Quote

He was still within arm's reach of a gun.

And his arms were still moving.

Granted that was most likely typical reflexive movements from a fatally hypotensive condition, but if there's any doubt whatsoever why would you adopt any more risk to yourself when you just had to shoot that guy for trying to kill you?

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:35:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Spine severed or brained?  Why did he fall and stay like that?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:37:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By NAM:
View Quote

First rule of giving first aid is not to become a casualty yourself.

Rushing up to assist a guy you literally just had to shoot because he was trying to kill you isn't a wise strategy.

Especially as there's still another suspect involved in the original violent crime at large and there ain't but two of you on scene at the time. There's a lot of reasons not to be in a hurry to reholster on a dude who is still moving and has a gun within wingspan.

His movements were almost certainly reflexive and the result of hypotension, but I don't expect the officer to bet their farm on that assumption.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:39:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quality medical training right there at only a few bucks cost to the taxpayer.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:43:43 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Very long delay. Sorry, but opening seals before getting the guy was a waste of time. I would be more concerned about the backdrop. That is the bathroom area, so they needed to make sure an innocent person was not in there. Grab the dude, drag him to the open area, and go check those rooms.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:48:18 PM EDT
[#45]
K9 Deputy needs more training.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:50:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By bjkb1f:
Spine severed or brained?  Why did he fall and stay like that?
View Quote

Could have been a spine hit, but I think he experienced an incredibly rapid loss of blood pressure combined with a significant disruption to the CNS.

It's hard to tell where the first hit was. Could have been pelvis, but it also could have been the support arm as it was across all the goodies and it dropped precipitously then pulls inward toward the body. My guess based on the behavior is it hit the arm/shoulder. Then he sort of angles his shoulder downward which probably indicates a couple of side-to-side shots through the chest.

In doing that he turns his spine right toward the gunfire...which likely explains his sudden pop up with the hands pulling in toward the chest...with the support arm still held low. When the hands come in like that it's generally a sign of a serious shock to the CNS.

Homie was 9 kinds of fucked because it sure looks like most if not all the bullets ended up in him and hit some really important shit. The optic equipped officer fired three shots, all of them appeared aimed. At that kind of range I'm betting those were all "fuck you very much, sir" level shots.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:51:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doc540] [#47]
dog wasn't at fault

first he was released

then he was recalled and he responded

then his handler moved forward

so the dog moved forward too

I'm just glad the dog wasn't hit while Ray got Banned
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:57:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:

Could have been a spine hit, but I think he experienced an incredibly rapid loss of blood pressure combined with a significant disruption to the CNS.

It's hard to tell where the first hit was. Could have been pelvis, but it also could have been the support arm as it was across all the goodies and it dropped precipitously then pulls inward toward the body. My guess based on the behavior is it hit the arm/shoulder. Then he sort of angles his shoulder downward which probably indicates a couple of side-to-side shots through the chest.

In doing that he turns his spine right toward the gunfire...which likely explains his sudden pop up with the hands pulling in toward the chest...with the support arm still held low. When the hands come in like that it's generally a sign of a serious shock to the CNS.

Homie was 9 kinds of fucked because it sure looks like most if not all the bullets ended up in him and hit some really important shit. The optic equipped officer fired three shots, all of them appeared aimed. At that kind of range I'm betting those were all "fuck you very much, sir" level shots.
View Quote

That seems logical to me. I’ve seen knockouts where the hands come up like that and the quick drop remind me of the Nashville tranny school shooter but he/she/they hit the ground like Peter Griffin falling down stairs. This one stayed upright which seemed odd.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:59:33 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

Didnt matter he took at least 2-4 fatal hits that you can see.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:00:42 PM EDT
[#50]
NOT saying bad shoot.

helps when the cops start cpr immediately. he wouldn’t have survived, regardless.

comical when cops say don’t move, or drop knife/gun, after blasting someone & expect them to know or comply w that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top