Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:40:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Got mine today and very pleased.  No dry firing allowed which didn't surprise me but it comes with a dry fire buffer to prevent damage to the pistol.   Comes with 2 mags as well.  I'll take it out this weekend to run it through its paces
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:59:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice pick up, Johnny. I think that version at $599 may have been the best deal-getting the integral 11 mm rail and not getting stuck with the 3 dot sights of the IPSC model. I have faint hope that the Expert will have the integral rail when I pick it up.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:13:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Picked up my Sport today. The nose "weight" was 15 grams empty, so I cut some lead strips and now it is 55 grams. Feels nice with that in the nose.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:24:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 917-30] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By scharfshutze06:
Got mine today and very pleased.  No dry firing allowed which didn't surprise me but it comes with a dry fire buffer to prevent damage to the pistol.   Comes with 2 mags as well.  I'll take it out this weekend to run it through its paces
View Quote

You can safely dry fire it if you have the dry fire plug installed.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#5]
When I had my X-esse I liked the 165/180 front weight. I put the two numbers in because not all sellers agreed on the weight.

Sources can be Earl's Repair, Champion's Choice, Walther /Umerex in Arkansas, and Red Feather Outfitters. Maybe also try Krales in The Netherlands.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 9:57:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TZ250:
I like my Russian clunker

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/319389/IMG_3073_jpeg-3180585.JPG
View Quote

Woah woah hold up what is THAT? @TZ250 details please?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:00:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mousehunter] [#7]
Originally Posted By BikerNut:

I used to shoot 10-meter air pistol postal matches in the basement at the old house. I could do it here, too, but I (stupidly) sold the gun years ago.

The most expensive match-grade pellets are really cheap compared to match-grade .22.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/163640/Aeron_Brno_Chameleon_jpg-3179546.JPG
View Quote
I have a sport version of the this one I think.  Alfa Proj.  Nice, but not a top end adult air pistol.  Also have an old FWB (which to me is kind of more fun to shoot).  For small bore - S&W 41.  Nothing top end, but all fun.  FWIW, also have a Crossman PCP pistol, and an IZH SSP - which is probably more accurate than the others.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:01:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scharfshutze06] [#8]
917-30 - I didn’t see anything like that in my box.   Just the red handled tool and hard cardboard square…
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:17:10 PM EDT
[#9]
917-30 - I didn’t see anything like that in my box.   Just the red handled tool and hard cardboard square…
View Quote

Try the little ziploc bag.  (Should be in the rectangular cutout, might be in the large bag with the manual behind the foam.  

What is the cardboard for?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:40:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Now I just need a High Standard Victor

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:54:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Clovis_Ledbetter_Jr] [#11]
Originally Posted By Rudukai13:

View Quote

IZH-35M, from Russia.

https://www.nramuseum.org/media/364370/Jun%2000.pdf

The metal hardening of the chamber face and bolt face were inconsistent so metal can be deformed causing multiple shots or accidental discharge when dropping the slide.

A friend wanted to buy one. I did some research and suggested not too. He bought one. After a while it started firing when loading a new magazine and dropping the slide. Luckily he only shot holes in his Bullseye pistolbox that was on the shooting bench. He later moved on to a Pardini SP with an additional 32 ACP barrel kit.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:15:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Clovis_Ledbetter_Jr:

IZH-35M, from Russia.

The metal hardening of the chamber face and bolt face were inconsistent so metal can be deformed causing multiple shots or accidental discharge when dropping the slide.

A friend wanted to buy one. I did some research and suggested not too. He bought one. After a while it started firing when loading a new magazine and dropping the slide. Luckily he only shot holes in his Bullseye pistolbox that was on the shooting bench. He later moved on to a Pardini SP with an additional 32 ACP barrel kit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

IZH-35M, from Russia.

Thank you! I’m still just learning about all these kinds of pistols and trying to soak up as much information as possible right now
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:32:10 PM EDT
[#13]
I just picked up my sport. I didn’t see the dry fire caps in my box either
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:33:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Curmudgeon762] [#14]
And the shop had a very nice HD Victor on the shelf. I had to stop myself from whipping out the plastic again
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:36:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Curmudgeon762:
And the shop had a vert nice HD Victor on the shelf. I had to stop myself from whipping out the plastic again
View Quote

@curmudgeon762 if you don't mind, since I am looking for a Victor, what was the price on it, did it have the underbarrel weight and did it have the push button barrel retention?
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:44:43 PM EDT
[#16]
$700. Had the button release but I don’t recall a weight. Two mags in VG to excellent condition from just looking through the display case. I didn’t have them take it out or I would have probably bought it
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:48:49 PM EDT
[#17]
$700. Had the button release but I don’t recall a weight. Two mags in VG to excellent condition from just looking through the display case. I didn’t have them take it out or I would have probably bought it
View Quote

Decent price!

The hunt continues!
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:55:26 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

HD Victor?

What shop?
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:58:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By WDEagle:

HD Victor?

What shop?
View Quote

Pm sent
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:01:59 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes

My Trailside came with the red one in the top of the bag. The Trailside was bought used at a gunshow so I don't know if it came with the plug or if the previous owner added it.

I ordered the orange ones from Larry's Guns in Maine. Red Feather in Ohio purchased Larry's business and might still sell the dry fire plug but I didn't see them listed at their website.

The site isn't very well organized so I could have missed them.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:08:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Pm sent
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:48:18 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

@Curmudgeon762 we need pics man! Any plans for modifications? Red dot?
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:53:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Does anyone know of anyone who makes truly custom anatomical grips? Wanting something ambidextrous like the Benelli MP95 grip. Any recommendations for proper red dot sights?
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 8:54:00 PM EDT
[#24]

@Curmudgeon762 we need pics man! Any plans for modifications? Red dot?
View Quote

I’ll try to get pics tomorrow. As far as plans for it I’m thinking it may go in the safe until my youngest makes Eagle Scout. I figure it will be something that he cherishes for many years
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:40:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Clovis_Ledbetter_Jr] [#25]
Does anyone know of anyone who makes truly custom anatomical grips? Wanting something ambidextrous like the Benelli MP95 grip. Any recommendations for proper red dot sights?
View Quote

Thomas Rink offers ambidextrous grips. For target shooting round red dots work best.  I like Aimpoint H-1s 2 MOA with hoods and 2 MOA 9000SCs with a front hood as they work good in the rain, good parallax, good lenses, the battery life is great and they survive multiple sight adjustments between 50 and 25 yards.

You're in a grip fitter desert in the USA. Try this: DICK HORTON MATCH GRIPS - NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS (Click on this and you will want to smoke a cigarette afterwards. Lots of target pistol pron.)

If you know where you want to get to you can fit your own grips, but it is a tough road.

There are several grip fitters in Europe. Some companies offer production grips, like Rink, Nill, and Morini.

I like Rink for the price and they are close to what I want, so I don't mind fitting them. Morini really nails it for my hand and has great details. No experience with Nills.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#26]

Thomas Rink offers ambidextrous grips. For target shooting round red dots work best.  I like Aimpoint H-1s 2 MOA with hoods and 2 MOA 9000SCs with a front hood as they work good in the rain, good parallax, good lenses, the battery life is great and they survive multiple sight adjustments between 50 and 25 yards.

You're in a grip fitter desert in the USA. Try this: DICK HORTON MATCH GRIPS - NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS (Click on this and you will want to smoke a cigarette afterwards. Lots of target pistol pron.)

If you know where you want to get to you can fit your own grips, but it is a tough road.

There are several grip fitters in Europe. Some companies offer production grips, like Rink, Nill, and Morini.

I like Rink for the price and they are close to what I want, so I don't mind fitting them. Morini really nails it for my hand and has great details. No experience with Nills.
View All Quotes

Can/will Dick Horton make grips for abnormal guns that might not otherwise be supported?
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:28:21 PM EDT
[#27]
I've had great luck with these (non-ambi).

https://www.precisiontargetpistolgrips.com/
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 7:15:16 PM EDT
[#28]

Can/will Dick Horton make grips for abnormal guns that might not otherwise be supported?
View Quote

They are pretty flexible, so ask. I think the limitation is having a frame to model from. Having had to adjust revolver stocks to fit frames I appreciate companies like Herretts and Rink who get the frame fit correct.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:34:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Any additional updates from people who purchased a Hammerli?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:58:10 PM EDT
[#30]

IZH-35M, from Russia.

View Quote

I bought one when first imported late 1990s . It FA'd straight out of the box. A little increase in sear engagement fixed it. Neat gun but Russian Quality. The Walther Kp200 and FWB AW93 are based off it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:42:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scharfshutze06] [#31]
Originally Posted By Wineraner:

Try the little ziploc bag.  (Should be in the rectangular cutout, might be in the large bag with the manual behind the foam.  

What is the cardboard for?
View Quote

I’m not sure what the cardboard is for at all.  I did find the blue in color dry fire block. Took it to the range today and after the 1 st 5 rounds it ran like a top.  I love the trigger and its reset… def happy with it

Added***.  What velocity ammo should I be running in it?  Standard ONLY or will high velocity be ok ?  What FPS is most ideal? The owners manual was not very specific
Also I understand to manual slingshot the slide to load instead of using the thumb slide release.  Any other tidbits I should know to ensure weapon longevity?
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

It's more accurate than I am.  I can see the front sight with readers, but seeing the bull is now totally hopeless, lol.  I get it's suposed to be blurry, but this is like trying to stick a fog bank on the front sight.  Front sight is much narrower than the LPA on the RIA 45.  Lots of gap.  If I don't follow my impulse to make it exactly even on both sides, still quite functional.  Haven't felt the need yet to slap some lead tape on the front weight.  (Hey, it works great for golf clubs...)

Runs Eley and Norma Tac-22, will not run Wolf Match Target.  Likely needs break in.  Mags are a little annoying and flimsy.  Functional though, once I learned how *not* to load them.  Lighter, different trigger than the RIA Pro Match.  No ftf beyond the Wolf mess.

Quite happy with it.  Especially at this price.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 4:35:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Arel_T_Dubue] [#33]
View Quote

I picked mine up over the weekend, but didn't spend much time on it or shoot it. It seems nice overall, my one concern is that the slide to frame fit seems very loose side to side. I imagine that it isn't a big deal, or maybe it could cause some flyers. A custom scope and iron sight rail would be pretty sweet, but I'm not sure that I want to spend that much time and money on this gun. I will probably design some new ambi grips for it, though.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 6:57:14 PM EDT
[#34]

I’m not sure what the cardboard is for at all.  I did find the blue in color dry fire block. Took it to the range today and after the 1 st 5 rounds it ran like a top.  I love the trigger and its reset… def happy with it

Added***.  What velocity ammo should I be running in it?  Standard ONLY or will high velocity be ok ?  What FPS is most ideal? The owners manual was not very specific
Also I understand to manual slingshot the slide to load instead of using the thumb slide release.  Any other tidbits I should know to ensure weapon longevity?
View All Quotes

The Trailside manual states high quality factory manufactured .22 LR in either standard or high velocity is suitable. I mostly shoot CCI SV and Aguila SE in mine but that's mainly because I have a lot of both. Never had any issues with any decent brand of ammo, though.

Originally Posted By Arel_T_Dubue:

I picked mine up over the weekend, but didn't spend much time on it or shoot it. It seems nice overall, my one concern is that the slide to frame fit seems very loose side to side. I imagine that it isn't a big deal, or maybe it could cause some flyers. A custom scope and iron sight rail would be pretty sweet, but I'm not sure that I want to spend that much time and money on this gun. I will probably design some new ambi grips for it, though.

I wouldn't worry about the slide to frame fit because it is a blowback pistol that has the barrel integral to the frame. That's why they are so accurate. The design is a greatly simplified version of the Hammerli 208.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:18:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 917-30:

The Trailside manual states high quality factory manufactured .22 LR in either standard or high velocity is suitable. I mostly shoot CCI SV and Aguila SE in mine but that's mainly because I have a lot of both. Never had any issues with any decent brand of ammo, though.

I wouldn't worry about the slide to frame fit because it is a blowback pistol that has the barrel integral to the frame. That's why they are so accurate. The design is a greatly simplified version of the Hammerli 208.
View Quote

I follow you, but I believe the rear sight is frame mounted on the 208, and it’s slide mounted on this gun. It still may be a non-issue, but that slide fit doesn’t inspire me.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:19:06 PM EDT
[#36]

IZH-35M, from Russia.

View All Quotes

IZH-35M, from Russia.

This is a common misconception.

My IZh would full auto Federal 711B brand new out of the box.

The problem was that the pistols were engineered around Russian steel case 22LR that was not SAMMI spec.

After I grew tired of the doubling I measured the headspace on my pistol and it was right at .040”.

Spec for US/Euro ammo is .043-.051

I made tooling and reset my headspace to .046 and the pistol has not doubled since.

I also made a batch of new extractors since the parts are NLA

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

If the grips have enough material you can rework them to fit your hand. That’s what I did. Then I added the stippling and made a larger hand shelf.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:30:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By tangeant:

I bought one when first imported late 1990s . It FA'd straight out of the box. A little increase in sear engagement fixed it. Neat gun but Russian Quality. The Walther Kp200 and FWB AW93 are based off it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tangeant:

IZH-35M, from Russia.

KSP200,yes.

The Feinwerkbau AW93 has different Russian lineage.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:45:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Anyone know if other adjustable rear sights will fit these? I have a Trailside and bought the Trailside adjustable rear from Red Feather, the only difference on the factory adjustable model that I can tell is the dovetail is set further forward and a relief is cut in the slide. The height is no different. The problem is I ran out of vertical adjustment and the only fix with this rear would be to mill off some height of the front sight. I kinda want to see if I can get a slightly taller rear before doing permanent mods.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:59:56 PM EDT
[#39]

I follow you, but I believe the rear sight is frame mounted on the 208, and it’s slide mounted on this gun. It still may be a non-issue, but that slide fit doesn’t inspire me.
View All Quotes

@Arel_T_Dubue

Solution:

https://www.champchoice.com/cc-scope-mount-for-hammerli-x-esse-ccxsm

Divorce your sighting system from the slide entirely. It’ll be the most mechanically accurate option available
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#40]

KSP200,yes.

View Quote

Thanks for hopping on that distinction.

Haidurov’s Legacy

History of Walther KSP200 and Feinwerkbau AW93
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Coffin-Nail:
Anyone know if other adjustable rear sights will fit these? I have a Trailside and bought the Trailside adjustable rear from Red Feather, the only difference on the factory adjustable model that I can tell is the dovetail is set further forward and a relief is cut in the slide. The height is no different. The problem is I ran out of vertical adjustment and the only fix with this rear would be to mill off some height of the front sight. I kinda want to see if I can get a slightly taller rear before doing permanent mods.

View Quote

I had an X-esse and ran out of rear sight vertical adjustment for a center hold. Luckily Walther has several front sights with different heights available in their parts catalog. (This was the three sided front sight.)

A feature I didn't like for competition shooting was the LPA rear sight windage adjustment was not linear. Five clicks right might give me three movements right and two to the left. A machinist friend clamped the slide in a vice and demonstrated the movements with a dial indicator. Also, I could never find anything that fit the rear sight cut on the slide.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:00:23 PM EDT
[#42]

Haidurov’s Legacy

View All Quotes

KSP200,yes.

Haidurov’s Legacy

Thank you for sharing those links! I love reading as much historical/technical info on guns that get my attention like these do, very much appreciated!
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 2:37:02 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

That's a very valid point that I didn't consider. I'd like to hear the range report when you try it out.

For anyone interested, it looks like Red Feather does sell the dry fire chamber plugs in packs of ten for $10.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 3:41:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Picked mine up Friday and thew some oil on the slide and ran to the range.  

Shot CCI Std velocity, about 12 magazines worth.  Sights were dead on at about 7 yards.  No stoppages at all.

I will be looking into adding weight to the front.  Darn thing is so light it kind of moves around a lot.  I like how my Ruger Mk 2 is kind of heavy and sort of hangs in my hand.

Great deal for $600.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 7:12:06 AM EDT
[#45]

That's a very valid point that I didn't consider. I'd like to hear the range report when you try it out.

For anyone interested, it looks like Red Feather does sell the dry fire chamber plugs in packs of ten for $10.
View All Quotes

Yellow drywall anchors are even cheaper.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:00:21 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

I haven't tried HV, beyond Norma Tac-22, however fast that is.  It's a paper-only gun in my mind, and 'just' subsonic is the way to go there, so it's not anything I'd try.  

It is giggle inducing accurate right now.  10 shot group at 25 yds with Eley Target, that satisfy the grapefruit challenge one-handed. Only way I know that is because I was using shoot n sees, because the target retriever trolley got stuck at the end of the range. Figures.  

It's very nice to know that any fliers are due to user error.  .45 Gold Medal 185s are doing much the same in this Rock Island---see red X zone, blot out red X zone---but I suspect it's going to lose that race with the Hammerli.  Aside, older Chip's Shooting Star mags help avoid 3-point jams with this load, and other magazines don't in this gun.  I suspect a higher, snugger magazine catch like EGW's would help.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 9:57:04 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

I haven’t fired my Sport but I just gave in a thorough examination. No slop in any direction with my slide
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Who’s planning on making modifications and what’re y’all thinking? Weights, optic, grip, etc?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:47:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Who’s planning on making modifications and what’re y’all thinking? Weights, optic, grip, etc?
View Quote

Probably going to try a few more sessions, but depending on those, thicker front sight blade and then maybe the 3d printed grips that  I think Clovis mentioned. But 2" 10 shot groups @25 yds one-handed are kind of a, "Why are we screwing with this again? situation.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:06:54 PM EDT
[#50]

Thank you for sharing those links! I love reading as much historical/technical info on guns that get my attention like these do, very much appreciated!
View All Quotes

KSP200,yes.

Haidurov’s Legacy

Always been fascinated by target pistols, starting with a High Standard Victor when I was a teenager.

This is what I really want:

Attachment Attached File

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top