BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/27/2024 10:42:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RealityCheck0311]
Sound starts at :40+

Just watching a police video and the streets are so unbelievably bad.

At :54 the cop almost loses it because of the road conditions.

I've been in some rough areas of the world and it wasn't as bad as this.

What's wild is that around the 1:57 mark, the streets become remarkably better.

But the moment they turn onto a side street, it's back to post-apocalyptic movie set time.

Road Rager Leads Michigan State Police on Wild Chase Through Flint

Feel like you would lose every dental filling after a few police pursuits. at 4:00+ it's ridiculous!

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:45:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Rode the Harley over to Dayton today. Good night the roads are truly Mad Max level. 35 may as well have been gravel.

I can’t imagine how much worse Michigan roads would be with more ice and salt in the winters.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:47:01 PM EDT
[#2]
do civilian fuckos in michigan not slow/stop and move to the right for po-po?

goddamn.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:50:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Our roads are worse.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:58:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By akcaribouhunter:
Our roads are worse.
View Quote

Yeah, but that's kind of expected. Just weather and logistics.

Kind of curious how long roads have to be untouched to get like that.

For example, there is areas near Flint where the streets look like what you would expect in the Midwest suburbs with hot summers, cold winters, salt, etc..

There is cracks but they're significantly smoother.

This is 7 miles from Flint.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.922735,-83.6134362,3a,75y,70.59h,87.84t/data=

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:59:34 PM EDT
[#5]
We have some of the worst roads in the country.  

I remember one pothole had a string of cars that blew a tire out after going through it.  Like 20 cars on the side of the road.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:06:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Freeze/thaw cycles, road salt, and snow plows be like that.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:06:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#7]
Those roads are awful.  Whole city must be rotting.

Nice pit maneuver.  Put him right into a tree.  (4:40)
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:08:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Whitmer ran on "Fix the damn roads".
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:10:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like most of PA roads. Many highways here too.

Drive from PA to DE and it is really noticeable, DE is like the yellow brick road compared to PA.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:10:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
Those roads are awful.  Whole city must be rotting.

Nice pit maneuver.  Put him right into a tree.
View Quote

That's the main reason why I can't watch Los Angeles police chase videos anymore.

It's just excruciating watching them chase some subject for 10 miles on a deserted road with no traffic around.

Where as the Midwest or Southern police videos, they'll be traveling 80mph on a busy freeway and just punt them off the road.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:17:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Lol...take a trip to the north east!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:19:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By noob5000000:
View Quote

She is a lying bitch, so it was idiotic for anyone to believe her bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:20:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Huge amounts of money have been spent on Interstate and US highways in and around my city the last few years. Nothing like that being done on city surface streets. I can show several places where lanes have been blocked off for two years now, but no work being done. Even major streets are in worst condition I have ever seen. Spring pothole season is in full bloom, have not seen any patch/repair work being done. Current city/county govmt is Dem controlled.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:22:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, everything here is worse than in civilized places, but the taxes are higher for everything.

Gas, income tax, insurance, and everything else costs more, but the "public" services are complete shit. The  roads, schools, and emergency services are mediocre (at best), even though they cost more than in other places which are much nicer.

I haven't been everywhere, but Michigan is the worst place I've ever lived by a wide margin. I will escape this dump, and it will be a glorious day when I am able to leave it for the last time. It's such a shithole that even people from here don't want to live here.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:24:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By CMB69:
Huge amounts of money have been spent on Interstate and US highways in and around my city the last few years. Nothing like that being done on city surface streets. I can show several places where lanes have been blocked off for two years now, but no work being done. Even major streets are in worst condition I have ever seen. Spring pothole season is in full bloom, have not seen any patch/repair work being done. Current city/county govmt is Dem controlled.
View Quote

What happens if you bend a rim or a lower control arm?

Will the city compensate you or are you screwed?

I'm talking about an unmodified car, not some lowered deal or a car with 22" wheels where they can blame the modifications.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:32:40 PM EDT
[#16]
East Lansing.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:33:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Traveling across Ukraine, my driver apologized for the quality of their roads. I said lady, you've never been to Cleveland before!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:38:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Tucson says hold my beer………
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:40:14 PM EDT
[#19]
I would love to know how fast he was going @2:20, looked like 80 or so.

And I am impressed the guy could run after the pit into the tree, I would probably be running in a circle and not even know it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:44:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ArmedKulak:
Traveling across Ukraine, my driver apologized for the quality of their roads. I said lady, you've never been to Cleveland before!
View Quote

This made me chuckle.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:47:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Many streets in the city of Portland, OR are just as bad or worse however the State DOT does a fine job on state roads and most counties do an excellent job as well.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:49:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Pop up pothole on 264 in Norfolk got my wife and about 20 other cars it made the news.  Three pavings worth of asphalt got tore out by something.  Every car that hit it had a bent rim.  Shit sucked we were poor.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:52:00 PM EDT
[#23]
I70 in eastern Colorado bucks hard enough to shake the break pedal and kick off the cruise control.

It looks even worse up in the mountains
Days before shutdown, driver says potholes on I-70 caused crash
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:54:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Lol yeah. Our roads are absolute trash. The road commission doesn’t even bother ripping them up, they just toss a shovel of asphalt patch on the worst parts and drive on.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:07:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By gearjammer351:
Yeah, everything here is worse than in civilized places, but the taxes are higher for everything.

Gas, income tax, insurance, and everything else costs more, but the "public" services are complete shit. The  roads, schools, and emergency services are mediocre (at best), even though they cost more than in other places which are much nicer.

I haven't been everywhere, but Michigan is the worst place I've ever lived by a wide margin. I will escape this dump, and it will be a glorious day when I am able to leave it for the last time. It's such a shithole that even people from here don't want to live here.
View Quote
The best thing about being from Michigan is that it makes damn near anywhere you go for vacation seem great.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:29:43 AM EDT
[#26]
What's tax revenue for?  Not for roads, that's for sure.  

PIT stopped those perps really well!
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:32:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Dude parts of the highway system are that bad. We're a nation in collapse.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:50:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:50:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By RealityCheck0311:

For example, there is areas near Flint where the streets look like what you would expect in the Midwest suburbs with hot summers, cold winters, salt, etc..

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By akcaribouhunter:
Our roads are worse.

The (highway) here was repaved and less that four months after it had cracks all the way across the pavement.

The layer under the pavement is a mix of concrete,gravel and sand. (New) way the Alaska state engineers wanted to try.

On the graveled roads the gravel only lasts about 4-5 months before it disappears. Pot holes for very quickly and get deep.
Calcium chloride has been put down to control dust but I think it has caused the tundra to thaw.

Will see if I can find the story with pictures of the paved road.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:57:31 AM EDT
[#30]

But the moment they turn onto a side street, it's back to post-apocalyptic movie set time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVo-E_rWwZw

Feel like you would lose every dental filling after a few police pursuits. at 4:00+ it's ridiculous!

View Quote

I think I remember those same potholes back when I lived in Detroit in the early '90s!
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:57:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Good luck getting over 40mph on the dirt roads out here right now. A little bit of slow rain has them so deep in mud. We aren’t used to rain.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:07:35 AM EDT
[#32]
There is a documentary series about Flint PD.

Holy shit, it’s amazing. It’s like some guys just randomly started a PD, no organization or standards or infrastructure.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:30:31 AM EDT
[#33]
But without a government, who would neglect the roads?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 1:59:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By noob5000000:
View Quote
She just meant the roads around her house.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:05:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Used to run ems in some rural poor towns that were more pot hole than road.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:19:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By mo4040:
View Quote

Plus steel hauler trucks carrying 100,000 lbs, maybe much more than that.  
Most states limit trucks to 50,000 lbs or so, with out a special permit.
Double or even triple trailers loaded with massive steel coils of 80K or more seem to be the rule in MI
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:40:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Well when your tax base sucks because the democrats have driven all business out of town, and they want to spend millions on useless shit, you get bad roads. Plus winter freezing and thawing is very tough on the roads.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:09:46 AM EDT
[#38]
We would have been called off that pursuit by the three minute mark
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 3:37:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ibn_Huq] [#39]
Originally Posted By FaygoJoe:
East Lansing.

https://i.imgur.com/7vLAUuw.jpeg
View Quote

That looks very similar to how Leningrad did when I visited
in the early 00s. There just needs to be rust stained public buses with
wobbling wheels passing by, and women with unabashed
camel toes telegraphing through thin white pants standing on
the sidewalks.

Give them time, we’ll all get there together comrades
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:16:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By vaughn4380:
Rode the Harley over to Dayton today. Good night the roads are truly Mad Max level. 35 may as well have been gravel.

I can’t imagine how much worse Michigan roads would be with more ice and salt in the winters.
View Quote

Drive around the West side for some real post apocalypse vibes
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:27:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Boo-hoo.  The roads are bad.

Cry me a river.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:03:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By RogueSpear2023:
Well when your tax base sucks because the democrats have driven all business out of town, and they want to spend millions on useless shit, you get bad roads. Plus winter freezing and thawing is very tough on the roads.
View Quote

Flint can't even provide clean water to its residents.  Roads are a luxury.

Third world is a good description.  I wonder what else is third world about Flint?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:09:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By JQ66:

Double or even triple trailers loaded with massive steel coils of 80K or more seem to be the rule in MI
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JQ66:
Originally Posted By mo4040:

Actually came to say this. We allow much heavier trucks here because of the political sway of the Detroit automakers. They have mich less clout than when those laws were originally drafted, but they still hold a lot of power.

Imagine the shrieking from automakers (and from GD, for that matter) if they were told their trucking costs were literally going to double because the government was going to cut weight limits in half to "protect the roads." But that is exactly why our roads are so bad compared to other states with the same weather conditions.

Of course, trucks loaded with coils of steel didn't do that to Flint's streets. That's 100% Democrat government policies that did that.

Infrastructure is crumbling everywhere here though. There's a thin veneer on the facade of civilization, and it's starting to crumble. We shouldn't have paved so many roads, because the long-term / lifetime costs of maintianing them is not sustainable unless economic conditions are perfect.  Same came be said for police departments, fire departments, EMS, pretty much any public service. We're trying to maintain a level of service that is simply not affordable or sustainable.

Side note - There won't be any more MSP pursuit videos. They recently went to a "no pursuit" policy which effectively prohibits ALL pursuits - they can't even chase a murderer, if they know who he is. (Theory being they can "get him later.)
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:14:21 AM EDT
[#44]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVo-E_rWwZw

View Quote
Awesome video.

Newark, NJ is right up there if not worse than Flint roads.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:17:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Gunner226:

Actually came to say this. We allow much heavier trucks here because of the political sway of the Detroit automakers. They have mich less clout than when those laws were originally drafted, but they still hold a lot of power.

Imagine the shrieking from automakers (and from GD, for that matter) if they were told their trucking costs were literally going to double because the government was going to cut weight limits in half to "protect the roads." But that is exactly why our roads are so bad compared to other states with the same weather conditions.

Of course, trucks loaded with coils of steel didn't do that to Flint's streets. That's 100% Democrat government policies that did that.

Infrastructure is crumbling everywhere here though. There's a thin veneer on the facade of civilization, and it's starting to crumble. We shouldn't have paved so many roads, because the long-term / lifetime costs of maintianing them is not sustainable unless economic conditions are perfect.  Same came be said for police departments, fire departments, EMS, pretty much any public service. We're trying to maintain a level of service that is simply not affordable or sustainable.

Side note - There won't be any more MSP pursuit videos. They recently went to a "no pursuit" policy which effectively prohibits ALL pursuits - they can't even chase a murderer, if they know who he is. (Theory being they can "get him later.)
View Quote

I agree except that it isn't sustainable if we continue to waste trillions that we never wasted before on vote buying handouts and corruption that dwarf all previous handouts and corruption.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:20:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By mopeman:
Lol...take a trip to the north east!
View Quote

This.

Those roads are smooth compared to Massachusetts.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:21:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:23:25 AM EDT
[#48]
City council slashes budget to road dept. City council awards lucrative contracts to private contractors (owned by relatives and close friends) to fix road problems caused by slashed budget.

How it's done in dimocrat controlled shitholes.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:31:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Leftist governments doing their best.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:43:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Not in the United States but.  Santa Teresa Costa Rica, I saw a deuce and a half get stuck smack dab in the center of the road, this was the main road through town lol.
I took this pic before he got stuck, was watching them unstick him while eating breakfast

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top