Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2023 1:52:13 AM EDT
Getting a little thin on top and have started cutting my hair about every 2 weeks. Using some inexpensive cordless Wahl clippers. I'm going no guard on the sides (have for decades) and now down to the shortest comb on top. Not ready to full on shave, but looking for something faster/easier for my head. Also looking for something that will cut a touch shorter without a comb. I'll likely switch to once a week as well. Eyeing the Remington ShortCut Pro. Anyone have any recommendations?
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 2:49:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:
Getting a little thin on top and have started cutting my hair about every 2 weeks. Using some inexpensive cordless Wahl clippers. I'm going no guard on the sides (have for decades) and now down to the shortest comb on top. Not ready to full on shave, but looking for something faster/easier for my head. Also looking for something that will cut a touch shorter without a comb. I'll likely switch to once a week as well. Eyeing the Remington ShortCut Pro. Anyone have any recommendations?
View Quote

I've cut my own hear since 1971 when I got out of the Army.
And I've used a Flowbee since 1988.

That's 51 years of free haircuts.
At an average of a haircut every two weeks that's 1,326 haircuts
and at an average of $8 a haircut, that totals $10,618, or $208 a year.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 3:40:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Oster 76 with the #1 blade
Higher number longer cut
Pro level equipment
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 4:33:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Urimaginaryfrnd:
Oster 76 with the #1 blade
Higher number longer cut
Pro level equipment
View Quote

This, both of the guys I hog hunt with are barbers and they swear by oster, I even bought the pet grooming osters for my little guy.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 7:01:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 7:17:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Andis
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 7:43:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Wahl, no guard, then electric norelco
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Good recommendations so far. I've been cutting my own hair with the below for 2 years now. They work decent, but I'd like to get a little tighter on the sides without a guard. I'll look into Oster.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 5:12:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Buy once cry once - oster 76 - I use the 00000 blade on my head.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By tooter:

I've cut my own hear since 1971 when I got out of the Army.
And I've used a Flowbee since 1988.

https://i.postimg.cc/FFnGJWcV/flowbee.jpg

That's 51 years of free haircuts.
At an average of a haircut every two weeks that's 1,326 haircuts
and at an average of $8 a haircut, that totals $10,618, or $208 a year.
View Quote

I love my Flowbee!

Cut my hair with it every two weeks and get the exact same result every time. Plus I'm not forking over $25 + tip every time I get a haircut.

Link Posted: 3/13/2023 10:06:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Ive used them all and finally went with what my barber used—Andis.
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 11:18:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By raverill:

This, both of the guys I hog hunt with are barbers and they swear by oster, I even bought the pet grooming osters for my little guy.
View Quote

dunno what brand i bought but had to buy the critter ones as my hair too dense for the regular ones....
Link Posted: 4/3/2023 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Ef4life:
Buy once cry once - oster 76 - I use the 00000 blade on my head.
View Quote

That.
Link Posted: 7/25/2023 10:11:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I’ve used the “little peanut” for years. No comb and cuts really close. Comes with various size combs I use on beard. I think Walmart has it.
But now I’m going to Google the oster 76 mentioned above
Link Posted: 7/26/2023 4:47:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I've actually been using my cheap beard trimmer lately as it cuts shorter than my clippers, however, it is narrower and takes a little longer. I did order the Wahl Pro Balding Clippers yesterday. Not all the expensive but pretty good reviews and comes with a nice close cutting blade.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top