Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2024 4:25:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boom_Stick]
Was just watching Out of the Blue doumentry and one of the witnesses said "We went outside to catch a view of hale-bopp...." describing how they saw the phoenix UFO.

So I started googling......

- Phoenix lights were seen March 13, 1997
- Hale-bopp was closest to earth March. 22, 1997
- Cult members were found dead March 26, 1997

Very interdasting. Wonder if the phoenix lights cued them to suicide? Or did they believe that hale-bopp itself was the spaceship they were suppose to ascend to?
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 4:49:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KILLERB6] [#1]
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 5:28:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boom_Stick] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:
Ask me how I know.

Then again, I know you want to believe.
View Quote
No need to be cryptic and snarky about it. Tell us how you know.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 5:37:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Watch the documentary “LIFEFORCE” for more details. I know it’s a different comet…
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Well you can eliminate the Phoenix light from your storyline because they were (LUU-2) flares dropped over Gila Bend Gunnery Range by A-10s.

Ask me how I know.

View Quote

Looked to me like a military plane. Maybe a larger version of the stealth  B2.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Hale Bopp and heavens gate were explicitly related. The cult was specifically focused on the comet and i think the mass suicide was so that they could ascend to the mothership that was like hiding behind the comet or something. I remember that was in the news when it happened.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 12:05:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#6]
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 1:49:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cypher214] [#7]
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
Ask me how I know.

He doesn't know.  Flares may have been dropped that night but that's not what hundreds of people reported seeing.  Even the governor at the time admitted to seeing a gigantic triangular black craft.  People all over town saw the same thing: a massive black triangle that was low, slow, and silent.

There was a video released which was easily dismissible as flares in the distance and the story died at the time.  The flares were a cover story.

It's easy to say "those were just flares" when you don't know the whole story.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 9:58:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah the flares weren't the only "Phoenix Lights". They seemed to have been the last event.

Link Posted: 2/25/2024 6:35:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SixSquared] [#9]
Shit, Kurt Russell saw them flying his plane into Phoenix.

Like said above, I believe there were a number of occurrences over several days, one being likely flares but there were other sightings that were most certainly not flares.

Kurt Russell was the civil pilot witness to the phoenix lights UFO
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:32:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Well you can eliminate the Phoenix light from your storyline because they were (LUU-2) flares dropped over Gila Bend Gunnery Range by A-10s.

Ask me how I know.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:00:24 AM EDT
[#11]
The "triangle shaped UFO" was positively identified.  A Scottsdale man viewed the lights through a telescope and was able to see that each light was an individual light aircraft, flying in formation.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:38:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boom_Stick] [#12]
Originally Posted By Mike_c130:
The "triangle shaped UFO" was positively identified.  A Scottsdale man viewed the lights through a telescope and was able to see that each light was an individual light aircraft, flying in formation.
View Quote
link/cite?
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 4:03:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Mike_c130:
View Quote

LOL.  That debunk was debunked.

Threads like this make it so easy to see how effective the obfuscation really is.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 4:13:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#14]
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 10:32:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TLD05] [#15]
People can say flares if that makes them feel better. This guy and his family knows better.

"It was freakin' huge!" Tim Ley and family on witnessing the Phoenix Lights, March 13, 1997
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:36:52 AM EDT
[#16]
The viewing area for the Marfa Lights is cool if you are looking in the right spot, most people look toward the checkpoint and see the cars lining up at night thinking its the lights.
If you look with nods you can tell they are all vehicles.

We shot a RnG out at the Shirley Ranch which is 30 miles south of Marfa, old guy told us some stories so later than night we went out and looked around.
Looking back North toward the viewing area you can get a better idea of what cars people are seeing but the weird stuff happened on the ranch property.
I kept seeing what looked like headlights very dim under my nods coming towards us up the hill we were on, but they never got there.
We drove toward this very faint blueish glow we could now see but never saw what was causing it, just disappeared.

Red dot and orange triangle is where people look from the viewing area, the green dots were where we observed the lights from and the yellow dots are roughly the where areas we saw lights
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:59:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By brass:
This is also seen with the "Crop Circles" where the hoaxes vastly outnumber actual events, but the events have a portion of crop stems actually heated above ground level (sometimes multiple levels) and it lays over without breaking, while all the plank-stomp crop circles are trampled and broken stalks.  The interweaving of the laid down wheat/crop is also markedly different and not easily hoaxed without knocking off the head of the wheat for example.  Still, They show some commercial advertisements via crop circles and some very advanced hoaxes and thus write off 100% of them, without addressing what the impetus was for them to start making them.   Now it's just another hobby so man made are the most common.   There's a good video of an orb going over a field and the circles materializing below it in 1989 as it moved which is pretty irrefutable. The circles formed in this fashion also leave a "shadow" for 1-3 years after the initial formation, it just doesn't grow back the same for some reason.

At 15 seconds in shows the circles materializing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M6vP8-SbU0
View Quote

That video was made within about 18 miles of my home. The majority of crop circles in the U.K are found in Wiltshire. You could almost say they're endemic here - I've seen several myself. The 'genuine article' is apparently extremely rare, but whether real or fake, they're frequent enough that we even have a museum dedicated to them.

This documentary might be of interest. It might take a few reloads to get it to play.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:53:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Anaxes:

That video was made within about 18 miles of my home. The majority of crop circles in the U.K are found in Wiltshire. You could almost say they're endemic here - I've seen several myself. The 'genuine article' is apparently extremely rare, but whether real or fake, they're frequent enough that we even have a museum dedicated to them.

This documentary might be of interest. It might take a few reloads to get it to play.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Anaxes:
Originally Posted By brass:
This is also seen with the "Crop Circles" where the hoaxes vastly outnumber actual events, but the events have a portion of crop stems actually heated above ground level (sometimes multiple levels) and it lays over without breaking, while all the plank-stomp crop circles are trampled and broken stalks.  The interweaving of the laid down wheat/crop is also markedly different and not easily hoaxed without knocking off the head of the wheat for example.  Still, They show some commercial advertisements via crop circles and some very advanced hoaxes and thus write off 100% of them, without addressing what the impetus was for them to start making them.   Now it's just another hobby so man made are the most common.   There's a good video of an orb going over a field and the circles materializing below it in 1989 as it moved which is pretty irrefutable. The circles formed in this fashion also leave a "shadow" for 1-3 years after the initial formation, it just doesn't grow back the same for some reason.

At 15 seconds in shows the circles materializing:

"They" sure did a good job killing interest in crop circles when they showed video of a couple old men with boards stopping out a simple circle.  Most people dismiss every formation now, despite the clear evidence showing the real circles are much different.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top