Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/22/2024 5:11:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU]
WYFF article

Dude grabbed a machete hatchet from the camping aisle and started waving it at employees.
Exited the front door where he was met by officers.
Shot 4 times.

I was a few hundred yards away with my family, inside , didn't hear anything.
We were going to swing by for some essentials on the way home.
Obviously that didn't happen....
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:12:26 AM EDT
[#1]
God dam white supremacists again?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:14:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I was at the Home Depot and some guy was walking around with a giant machete hanging from his belt. It was in a sheath, but it was just swinging around all willy nilly.  I thought it was weird AF so I noped out of there.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:35:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 210grum:
View Quote

Did you looks at the article?  It was a guy with a machete not a pedophile.

Originally Posted By DayandNight1701:
I was at the Home Depot and some guy was walking around with a giant machete hanging from his belt. It was in a sheath, but it was just swinging around all willy nilly.  I thought it was weird AF so I noped out of there.
View Quote

Thats how the average person views open carry, BTW.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#4]
The second amendment isn't limited to guns.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:01:21 AM EDT
[#5]
All you have to do is start swinging really hard.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:10:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
Because I  once read the writings of Jeff Cooper, would have not left the store.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.”

— Jeff Cooper
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:21:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Makarov] [#7]
View Quote

He was probably there to buy Tiki-torches
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:21:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Steamedliver:

View Quote

I saw a middle-aged guy open carrying a nickel Lone Ranger revolver in a leather cowboy gunbelt and holster in a big box store checkout line. He kept his gun side turned so that everybody could see it. He thought he looked cool, but I thought he looked stupid. Everybody else avoided him, but I got in line behind him because I knew he was harmless and if he wasn't, I was pretty sure I could get my G19 out from under my t-shirt before he ever got 'er unholstered and fanned five or six rounds at me. I still laugh about how fucking dumb he looked, but hey....freedom.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:27:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By RTX:

I saw a middle-aged guy open carrying a nickel Lone Ranger revolver in a leather cowboy gunbelt and holster in a big box store checkout line. He kept his gun side turned so that everybody could see it. He thought he looked cool, but I thought he looked stupid. Everybody else avoided him, but I got in line behind him because I knew he was harmless and if he wasn't, I was pretty sure I could get my G19 out from under my t-shirt before he ever got 'er unholstered and fanned five or six rounds at me. I still laugh about how fucking dumb he looked, but hey....freedom.
View Quote

I OC’d in Truevalue yesterday because it got too hot for my cover garment and I can.  No one noticed. No one gave a shit if they did.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:29:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TowerIQ:
Because I  once read the writings of Jeff Cooper, would have not left the store.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."

Jeff Cooper
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."

Jeff Cooper
Not all heroes wear capes.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:46:04 AM EDT
[#11]
No more machetes or knifes sold at walmart
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TAG_Match:

I OC’d in Truevalue yesterday because it got too hot for my cover garment and I can.  No one noticed. No one gave a shit if they did.
View All Quotes

LOL at "cover garment." I don't know anybody that wears "garments," but it's never too hot for a G19 under a t-shirt.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:48:51 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

Same in KS. I see OC several times a week.
Sometimes it’s cliche - like, Taurus in an Uncle Mike’s, but often it’s legit with a Glock/HK/Sig, in a good retention holster.

No one notices anymore.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#14]

LOL at "cover garment." I don't know anybody that wears "garments," but it's never too hot for a G19 under a t-shirt.
View All Quotes

The "shoot me" boomer vest?  
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:52:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Gator:

View All Quotes

or a Hawaiian shirt.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:52:35 AM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

LOL. Don't tug at my CCW sash, my good bro.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:54:45 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Like pit bull owners, open carry guys always have that look.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:00:08 AM EDT
[#18]

Jeff Cooper
View All Quotes

Jeff Cooper

Sun Tzu (Probably):  "The best way to win a machete fight in a Walmart is to not be there when it happens."
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:00:34 AM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

It was really comfortable outside the polo shirt as well.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:02:41 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Flannel shirt used as a jacket.  It was in the 40’s that morning but got up in to the 70’s.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:04:06 AM EDT
[#21]

LOL. Don't tug at my CCW sash, my good bro.
View Quote

That ain’t my sash you been tugging on, but keep tugging.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:06:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:08:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By RDTCU:
WYFF article

Dude grabbed a machete from the camping aisle and started waving it at employees.
Exited the front door where he was met by officers.
Shot 4 times.

I was a few hundred yards away with my family, inside , didn't hear anything.
We were going to swing by for some essentials on the way home.
Obviously that didn't happen....
View Quote

Wal-Marts are like watering holes on the Serengeti.

They're one of the most dangerous places you can regularly go simply because huge percentages of the population go to Wal-Mart. That includes violent criminals.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:09:48 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

There is an old dude around here who carries a Nickel SAA. He does a lot of quick draw competition. Always thought he looked like a badass

He's old old though not middle aged. I guess once you reach a certain age it becomes cool and not weird.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:10:30 AM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

If you wear a fishing vest as your cover garment you will never be too hot, because you will always be cool
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:12:16 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Friends don't let friends open carry.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:22:11 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Um, after the cold front yesterday morning, the highest temp in the state was 74 degrees down by Pearsall. Right now the temp is 51 degrees and the high is predicted to be 74.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:32:37 AM EDT
[#28]
I saw an older couple in the farm store, he was OC 'ing a nickel 1911 condition one, two magazines same side, three magazines opposite side.

All I could think is he's ready; for what I'm not sure, but he looks ready,.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

I realize that it's a little warmer down in Texas, but I never rely on just a tee shirt to conceal my handgun
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:15:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: John-in-austin] [#30]
Originally Posted By tc556guy:

I realize that it's a little warmer down in Texas, but I never rely on just a tee shirt to conceal my handgun
View Quote

That's the funny part. Everyone was wearing either raincoats or parkas yesterday. I spent the day on a horse and damn near froze my ass off with a 25mph wind and 48 degrees at sunrise.  

I'm also not sure why the need for a "cover garment"  I just conceal under a fishing shirt.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:16:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Steamedliver:

Did you looks at the article?  It was a guy with a machete not a pedophile.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:27:11 AM EDT
[#32]
That's crazy, I've been in that Walmart. I used to bang a chick that lived in Easley.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:46:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By jos51700:
That's crazy, I've been in that Walmart. I used to bang a chick that lived in Easley.
View Quote

Name?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:53:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By John-in-austin:

Um, after the cold front yesterday morning, the highest temp in the state was 74 degrees down by Pearsall. Right now the temp is 51 degrees and the high is predicted to be 74.
View Quote

Yeah, going to be too hot for a long sleeve pull over and flannel shirt later today.  Maybe earlier depending on activity.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:57:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:

Wal-Marts are like watering holes on the Serengeti.

View Quote
Excellent observation!
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:28:21 PM EDT
[#36]
There used to be a guy around here that dressed up like a cowboy, double pistol belt and all.
Rode a motorcycle with a zeppelin sidecar.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:14:24 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

No one said anything.

If they disliked it they kept it to themselves rather than say, "concealed carry is a thing" to a armed stranger.

Silence may not equal not giving a shit.
It's just not prudent to make comments that could be perceived as negative to strangers.

Vaping is stupid. I don't share my opinion with strangers that are vaping. They can say nobody gives a shit. Well, I guess I don't but it's still stupid.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#38]
He was living his best life.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:30:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Beretta_Jerry] [#39]
Originally Posted By 50-140:
I saw an older couple in the farm store, he was OC 'ing a nickel 1911 condition one, two magazines same side, three magazines opposite side.

All I could think is he's ready; for what I'm not sure, but he looks ready,.
View Quote

The other side of the coin is some scuzz bucket, obese, unkempt clothes with a polymer pistol in a nylon holster clipped on to his pocket and flopping around.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:43:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By CDW4ME:

No one said anything.

If they disliked it they kept it to themselves rather than say, "concealed carry is a thing" to a armed stranger.

It's just not prudent to make comments that could be perceived as negative to strangers.

Vaping is stupid. I don't share my opinion with strangers that are vaping. They can say nobody gives a shit. Well, I guess I don't but it's still stupid.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CDW4ME:

No one said anything.

It could also be that people are not very observant by default and just don't notice OC. I have been places several times with my wife where someone was OCing and when I asked her she had not noticed. I try, but I'm certainly not the most observant guy around either.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:24:06 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

I OC'd in Truevalue yesterday because it got too hot for my cover garment and I can.  No one noticed. No one gave a shit if they did.

I wear one (or that what they call it) at some of the Competitions at my Gun Club.
But I agree with you.  Unless maybe you are used to living in Alaska, then move to Arizona... :)
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:26:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Did someone say…..machetes?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:51:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Walmart and no video....
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:53:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Of all the places I’ve been Walmart is still one of the most dangerous.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Was it found that he purchased multiple 5 packs of machetes online for $4 each?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 5:15:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By BB:
Did someone say…..machetes?
View Quote

Hey, that's MY line!
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:11:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Apparently it was a hatchet, not a machete
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:20:08 AM EDT
[#48]

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.”

— Jeff Cooper
View Quote

I figured this happened in a 2A hell hole but it happened in South Carolina.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:21:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BoneB1B] [#49]
Originally Posted By ExFed1811:

Like pit bull owners, open carry guys always have that look.
View Quote

The day after Chl was valid in Texas I saw a gray haired guy in Home Depot wearing a black Glock shirt,  Glock hat, wearing a big Fanny pack up front, and walking like Bad Bob ( Stacy keach ) from The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean

I bet he practiced that in the mirror for a week
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:22:37 AM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

Juggalos!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top