BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:50:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I knew this guy...

Partied with him in Vegas.... stayed at one of his houses. Ate multiple meals with him while I was visiting Vegas.

He dated a chick I knew... she was a gold digger. Lee got upset, tracked her down, killed the guy she was with, stole bunch of weed, drove off.  Then he shot himself in standoff with police at a rest stop

https://santamariatimes.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/oakland-homicide-suspect-engaged-in-standoff-at-truck-stop-dies-of-gunshot-wound/article_0e1f0eab-d1ae-5966-b19c-f9243a7d6fd2.html
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:53:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: akguy1985] [#2]
Went to school with a couple of them.

I dated this guy's sister.

https://www.claremoreprogress.com/news/local_news/cellies-say-brouse-had-vendetta/article_c12b4381-cb77-516c-a774-86da191e1114.html

This guy was a bully.

https://www.newson6.com/story/5e36836a2f69d76f62098437/teen-pleads-guilty-in-claremore-killing

TWO ORDERED TO STAND TRIAL
CLAREMORE, Okla. (AP) -- Two men must stand trial for the Jan. 3 beating death of an elderly Claremore woman during a burglary at her home. Rogers County Special Judge Joe Smith on Monday ordered
Tuesday, April 4th 2000, 12:00 am

By: News On 6

FacebookXGmailEmailShare
CLAREMORE, Okla. (AP) -- Two men must stand trial for the Jan. 3 beating death of an elderly Claremore woman during a burglary at her home.

Rogers County Special Judge Joe Smith on Monday ordered Dallas Hastings, 19, and David Clem, 18, to stand trial for first-degree murder. They are accused of the death of Erie Anderson Raybon, 88. She died from six blows to the head with a claw hammer.

Smith overruled claims by attorneys for Hastings and Clem that the state didn't meet its burden of proof that the two acted in concert and with malice aforethought in killing Raybon.

Police said the two netted a total of $13.75, an old television set and kitchenware in the burglary.

Agent Patrick Kennedy of the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation testified in Monday's preliminary hearing that Clem told him Hastings said he selected the house where Raybon lived because he knew an old woman lived there.

According to testimony, Clem stayed outside while Hastings broke in and was surprised by a shadowy figure and struck Raybon. Hastings told police he didn't know if it was a person and didn't want to look.

Clem told police he helped carry out items from the house, but never went inside.

Clem and Hastings are to reappear in court April 20.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:08:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Just found out a guy from my elementary school was picked up and charged with killing his dad. Smothered him and tried to claim it was natural causes. Article I read mentioned he said something to his roommate about trying to draw out all of his dad’s social security check. Assumed it was some drug bender. This just happened within the last few months.

I knew a girl from high school whose husband murdered her and killed himself. Actually worked with her mom for a while and the girl came into our work to see her. Last time I ever saw her. Another guy from my class was stabbed and killed by his younger brother in some drunken domestic dispute.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:49:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OldBobcat] [#4]
The guy in these articles lived across the hallway from me in college.  He was kind of quiet and played on an intramural basketball team with my friends and I.

Woman slain in murder-suicide sought protection order from shooter only five days earlier

Ex-girlfriend of killer recalls her own stalking

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:45:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cool-e:
I don't think I want to hang out with you guys.
View Quote

Hey the "Truth Or Dare" games at the party are off the hook!
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:30:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KYB762] [#6]
Yep, a neighbor of mine in Virginia. Even used to drink beer with him. Seemed like a cool dude but something was off with him. Dude could go full on rage in .6 seconds and he liked to burn things.

Dude disappeared a girl in Alabama back in '06 and didn't get arrested for it till 2016. Body still hasn't been found. We found out he murdered his parents when he was 12.

In 2022, the state of Alabama finally convicted him, Life without parole x 2.

48 Hrs even did an episode on him:  48 Hrs: Man with a past

His old boss is my neighbor, and his "girlfriend" lives down the road from me. Both still drop money on his commissary and still proclaim his innocence.... dumbasses.

EDIT: Fun fact - those 2 dumbasses were the ones who got 48 hrs to do a story on him so the rest of America see how dude was being railroaded by justice system...... LMAO
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:38:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes.
At least three that I know of.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:41:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Since I work for the NC Dept. of Adult Corrections, I know quite a few.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:50:44 AM EDT
[#9]
A guy in my platoon at Bragg back in the early '80s. He was obsessed over the wife of a guy in one of the companies near us.
When that guy went to the field , the guy in my platoon apparently went to the woman's house. Killed her. Then a few hours later went back and killed the woman's infant daughter that he left in the house with the woman's body.
He had brought the woman's body on post and dumped her in Area J not far from our barracks in the 3rd Bde area.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:33:30 AM EDT
[#10]
WTF is wrong with people?
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:51:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Sons friend, a kid I coached a bit in HS killed two people couple years ago.
Wild
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 7:57:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Maybe...

I knew a woman who was married to a sociopath.  As the divorce was proceeding, her P.I. discovered that he had been married long ago, but never legally divorced.  Thus he had committed adultery, and she could have the marriage annulled.

She requested records from the State he'd been married in.  All the records at that time were paper.  The building holding the records burned down two weeks after she'd requested the documents, and the ex-wife was murdered a few days after that.

I have no doubt he hired someone to commit both acts.  He ended up getting a significant sum of money once their divorce was final, and she had to pay all nine of his attorney's fees.  Because, you know, he was unable to earn a living...

As a side note, you'll forgive me if I don't subscribe to the "All men get screwed in divorce" theory.  Lots do, to be sure.  But there are evil men out there, who know how to manipulate the system better than any woman ever could, especially when they're willing to do anything, legal or not, to screw them over.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:02:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eracer] [#13]
Originally Posted By crusaderf8u:
Yes, even spent a few days in South America with one when I was a kid. Richard Craft was my Dads engineer on a trip we flew with him on when Dad was a captain with Eastern. Dude was a bit odd.

Wife thru wood chipper
View Quote

Holy shit.

"Investigators concluded that Richard struck Helle in the head with something blunt at least twice, staining the carpet with blood, then kept her body in the freezer for hours until she was frozen solid. He cut her apart with the chainsaw, and then put the pieces through the woodchipper, probably projecting her fragmented remains into the truck and then shoveling them out onto the shore."

A second trial in Norwalk ended in a guilty verdict on November 21, 1989. Richard was sentenced to serve 50 years in prison.  On January 30, 2020, Richard was released from prison and sent to live at a halfway house in Bridgeport.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:27:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FireSteel] [#14]
Had a 22 year old kid working for my business in the early 2000's.

He was a drinker & partier, but had 2 young twins and a young wife.
She got sick of his drinking and finally kicked him out.
He moved in with some bum friends and continued with the partying + drugs.

He finally quite work with us (he looked like he had been up all night on the morning that he quit).

Probably about 1 or 2 months later he was in the news for stabbing and killing a room mate of his.

He pled guilty to the murder (he was hopped-up when it happened), and was sentenced to something like 20 years.

I believe he's due to get out next year.

..... I fully anticipate getting a phone call from him, asking me for a work position .....

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:27:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 9divdoc:

A guy I knew when we were kids and later served in the Army with was guarding him the day he was killed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 9divdoc:
Originally Posted By OLO2:
I might have met Jeffrey Dahmer when I was a teen, but I haven't verified it.
Weird coincidences involved.

A guy I knew when we were kids and later served in the Army with was guarding him the day he was killed.

Is it true that the killer wasn't charged, due to being considered self defense when he heard Dahmer's stomach growl?
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:29:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Aimless] [#16]
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:30:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:30:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pale_pony] [#18]
I had a friend back in college who's brother was a small time street level dope dealer. He sold some pot to a guy who never paid him

He saw the guy out one night, they'd both had a few too many to drink and the guy threatened to kick his ass if he didn't pay him

Little brother got his ass kicked 6 ways to Sunday.  He ended up going to the hospital he got his ass beat so badly. He did not get his money

Anyway,  a few weeks later he was out of the hospital and ran into the guy who beat his ass at a lake party in front of a lot of their mutual friends.  The guy who beat him made some snarky comment about did he come back for another ass beating

They said little brother walked up to him just like Kevin Costner in Open Range, pulled out a snub nose .38 and shot the other guy point blank right in the forehead. They said he was still laughing in little brother's face when the gun went bang and his head snapped back. He was dead before his ass hit the dirt

Little brother did all of 20+ years. He pled guilty since he did it in front of about 20 witnesses.  I saw him at his brother's funeral right after he got out of prison.  He looked a lot older now
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:33:58 AM EDT
[#19]
I have never known one but have interviewed several.   They have no soul.  I don’t know how to describe it but there is a darkness in them that is very unsettling.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:38:34 AM EDT
[#20]
When I was 17 I worked a summer job as a laborer for a construction company.

Richard Brimage was a co-worker.  Oddly, I got along with him OK.  

https://murderpedia.org/male.B/b1/brimage-richard.htm
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#21]
My father had an employee in the 70s who shot and killed a man in bed with his wife. The guy walked on a nolle prosequi

1960s incident, Alexandria VA

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:51:43 AM EDT
[#22]
My best friend from grade school is 20 some odd years into a 75 year sentence. We kinda drifted apart by middle school and by high school he was into some pretty heavy drugs. Last time I saw him was a few weeks before he dropped out.

Then one day I see his face on the local news. He apparently beat some guy to death who was at his apartment to buy drugs. Then him and his brother dismembered the body and carried it out to the trunk of his car.

The neighbors called the police over the noise of the chainsaw.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:14:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Worked with a guy who did time for armed robbery.  While in, a guy and his buddy decided they’d make a girlfriend out of him.  Long story short he messed them both up bad and then decided to finish them off.  Ultimately ruled self defense but if you knew the guy like we did at work you would never spend much time alone with him or turn your back on him.  He was an extremely upbeat guy but in a crazy way.  
Wish I remembered his legal name I’d look him up to see if her ever went back in.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:48:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top