[#1]
Nope.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 5:44:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Never had a ND.

There are 4 loaded guns in the hoose.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 5:47:45 PM EDT
[#3]
No, but I have been in a room where some dipshit pulled the trigger on an "empty" 1911.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 125:

This is one of the worst takes I’ve ever heard and we are all dumber for having read it. I sincerely hope it’s a copypasta that I’m unfamiliar with.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 5:49:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:
Some times, because if you own a gun over a year without negligent discharging at least once, you aren't handling it enough. NDs are a natural part of handling weapons, just like tweaking your back is part of weightlifting and car accidents are part of driving. I ND several times a year because I actually HANDLE and know how to USE my weapons. It makes me a better firearms handler and marksman, and it's a small part of the price you pay in the sheepdog lifestyle Simple fact is, the "safety mentality" will build mental blocks in your head that will get you killed. You need to be comfortable putting your finger on the trigger and pointing the gun wherever you want no matter the time, place, or status of the weapon. Taking time to check whether the gun is loaded whenever you pick one up will serve to make you hesitate in a personal defense scenario. You fucking safety idiots are going to get people killed all because of this fucking "ND" shaming. Guns are inherently dangerous, you need to accept it.
View Quote

There it is!

Can you cite some examples????
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#6]
My one and only ND was in the garage.  Racked the slide on a 10/22 three times and pointed in a safe direction and it went off.  Dumbass didn't check the chamber.  No idea why the extractor didn't work.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 5:58:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Poll fail.  No option of, "Yes, for fun".

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Sherlock Holmes movie (First scene after the opening)-Watson storms Sherlock's apartment
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 5:59:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Refuse to answer
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#10]
None of the poll options fit but yes.  As a dumb teenager.  12 gauge birdshot load into a foot square box of tightly-packed old magazines (the paper type you would read for you young folks).  12x10 bedroom.  No earpro.  It was fucking loud, but I still have great hearing.  Somehow.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:02:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I've done Military Operations in Urban Terrain (MOUT) Training many times so yes blanks and live ammo.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:04:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By osprey21:
Does my garage count?    

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:07:09 PM EDT
[#13]
desk pop every now and then

The Other Guys | Allen's First Desk Pop | CineClips
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:10:54 PM EDT
[#14]
For a few months, it seems like a daily occurrence in 2003.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#15]
There was that time I was training while angry and it went off in my hand accidentally but there were no firearms involved.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:23:48 PM EDT
[#16]
as the great warrior poet Mahk J Fuhrman once mused: I wish to assert my 5th amendment privilege.

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Technically yes.  CZ455 22lr with subs and a Silencerco Sparrow on the end.  Shooting out the window.  I’m not sure my wife even heard it at all……
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:27:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
Sadly. yes. Had a ND once breaking down an XD, many years ago. I *thought* I had cleared it.
Had it pointed down at the floor when I pulled the trigger. Never, ever break the "muzzle in a safe direction" rule.

Scared the shit out of me, but damn it was a learning moment, and thankfully no lasting damage.
View Quote

Word for word my story, including the gun. I was young and new to owning handguns, but I knew to follow the muzzle direction rule!

I'm still embarrassed about it to this day.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:27:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Out the window count?

Killing woodchucks living under the porch.

Against rules of the development and laws of the municipality.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:31:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Yep, ND in the utility room of my house.  Ruger .45acp pistol.  One of the many things contributing to my terrible tinnitus.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:32:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PeakMPD] [#21]
I didn't see the right poll answer - Yes, fuc*ing around in a friend's house that sold and was going to be demolished.  Out in the middle of nowhere.

Also, as a kid, my brother-in-law had a trap in his basement, we'd shoot air guns and .22's down there.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:34:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Yes, but neither of your yes options apply
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:34:47 PM EDT
[#23]
You forgot the most likely response:  

1. Yes, for Science (or just fucking around)
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:37:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Iamhere:
Never had a ND.

There are 4 loaded guns in the house.
View Quote

.. Eh, DU is That Way jr. ———>
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:38:05 PM EDT
[#25]
I've been in a bedroom when a 1897 Winchester went off with a dove load. I think I was 12 or 13.

it was quite loud.

BITD, no one had dummy loads.

he was showing me the action and how it worked.
the hammer followed forward when the pump went forward.

never trust old guns. ever. never trust new guns. ever.

my father always had a rule.

when a gun is out inside the house, it needs to be pointed at the bottom of a corner.
the wall died that night.

lessons learned. I have dummy loads for damned near every caliber or gauge I shoot.
the house I build on my land will have a clearing barrel.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:38:16 PM EDT
[#26]
I've never fired a gun inside.  Never had a negligent discharge. Never pointed a gun (loaded or unloaded) at a human. (Had a couple of occasions where it could have happened but turned out it wasn't necessary.)  My grandfather was a very good teacher and gave each of his 3 grandsons their first gun at the age of 9 years old.  I was the youngest of the 3 grandsons. I'm 62 now and still have that .410 ga shotgun.  Spent years being taught little by little about guns and gun safety before we got our guns.  It was nice because he lived out in the country and we could just walk outside his back door and shoot out there.  I think I was maybe 11 or so when I was allowed to go out and shoot by myself.

I don't know how he knew how to teach kids, but he did.  Maybe that's the way it was done in the old days.

When I was maybe 16 or 17 and he was in his late 70s, I went to vist him and he pointed out a hole in the kitchen wall.  He made a lesson out of his negligent discharge of a .22 rifle.  He was going to clean it at the kitchen table.  He was a carpenter and built me my 1st gun cabinet a few years after he gave me the .410 shotgun.

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:39:52 PM EDT
[#27]
I once fired a Ruger Deerfield 44 mag carbine out of my bedroom window to kill a coyote trying to get into my mom's chicken coop.
I didn't have the muzzle out the window. Yeah, it was kind of loud. No hearing protection either. I was 16 at the time.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#28]
22 out of a bedroom window. Not a big deal, but louder than I expected.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:41:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Poll should have a vehicular option...BTDT

Mac 10 mag dump from drivers seat
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:54:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Where’s the “For fun” option?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:24:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By rtlm:
Refuse to answer
View Quote

YOU ARE BEING DETAINED
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:30:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Yes but I wasn’t negligent, training, or angry. I was just shooting shit outside, from inside
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:36:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Did not vote, not a choice that works for me. I was trying to make sub loads in a 30/30. It worked somewhat but was not consistent in velocity, had a bullet stop 2 inches from the muzzle. Tried everything to get it out.

Loaded another round when I got home with a tp wad and put it in to a stack of phone books. It was so slow it bounced off the phone book, did not even break the cover.

So yes I have.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:37:08 PM EDT
[#34]
For fun. To see how far a bullet would go through a book and went all John Wayne on a writ for a rat(mouse).
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:51:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Yes, but I didn’t vote. No option for shooting suppressed from family room at vermin outside.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:54:06 PM EDT
[#36]
We had a mouse in the basement, my son and I sat prone at the top if the staircase with a bb gun.  When he peeked around the corner I blasted it.

One of my fondest memories.  Not a "gun" but counts for me.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#37]

This is one of the worst takes I’ve ever heard and we are all dumber for having read it. I sincerely hope it’s a copypasta that I’m unfamiliar with.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:
Some times, because if you own a gun over a year without negligent discharging at least once, you aren't handling it enough. NDs are a natural part of handling weapons, just like tweaking your back is part of weightlifting and car accidents are part of driving. I ND several times a year because I actually HANDLE and know how to USE my weapons. It makes me a better firearms handler and marksman, and it's a small part of the price you pay in the sheepdog lifestyle Simple fact is, the "safety mentality" will build mental blocks in your head that will get you killed. You need to be comfortable putting your finger on the trigger and pointing the gun wherever you want no matter the time, place, or status of the weapon. Taking time to check whether the gun is loaded whenever you pick one up will serve to make you hesitate in a personal defense scenario. You fucking safety idiots are going to get people killed all because of this fucking "ND" shaming. Guns are inherently dangerous, you need to accept it.

This guy or someone like him posted something similar before.  Not well done enough for satire so trolling.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:57:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Bigtwin:

Word for word my story, including the gun. I was young and new to owning handguns, but I knew to follow the muzzle direction rule!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bigtwin:
Originally Posted By tifosi:
Sadly. yes. Had a ND once breaking down an XD, many years ago. I *thought* I had cleared it.
Had it pointed down at the floor when I pulled the trigger. Never, ever break the "muzzle in a safe direction" rule.

Scared the shit out of me, but damn it was a learning moment, and thankfully no lasting damage.

I really don't like guns that require you to pull the trigger to field strip (like most striker fired guns), but
it's still no excuse for failure to do your due diligent safety checks.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Do Mud huts full of murder holes in Afghanistan count?

If so then yes.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:00:12 PM EDT
[#40]
shot a mouse with a 22 short in my bedroom (in anger?) with a marlin golden 39a (in anger?)

there was a story i always wanted to emulate of mitch werbell demoing a 45cal mac with a suppressor shooting a phonebook in an office to show how quiet it was...

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:00:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Yes, negligently.

I was about 17 (2007) and if the 20ga shotgun had not been pointed in a safe direction (the ceiling) when I pulled the trigger, my best friend (at the time) would likely be dead.  The same shotgun was pointed right at him moments before. We were just "fucking around" and I almost "found out."  It was still loaded from the most recent hunting trip.

No shame in admitting my mistake and I learned a very good lesson that night.

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:03:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By iwouldntknow:
In a residential room?
View Quote
Poll is incomplete. I've used a bullet trap indoors to test repairs and for training noobs using a .22.

Also, back when I lived in the country, there was a bluff right at 75 yards out my kitchen window. Perfectly placed to use my kitchen table as a shooting bench.

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:06:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Groundhog, rabbits, crows, cats, armadillos, and aggressive stray dogs. All with a 22 mag. Headshots on the bigger critters.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:16:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Do basement ranges count?

But I don't think that's what you're talking about.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:17:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Twice.  Once I was sleeping and the other wide awake.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:24:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Suppressed full-auto in a basement
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:25:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Who was it here a good while back that shot their ceiling fan?
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:28:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shack357] [#48]
Before I vote, does shooting from the room to outside count?

Because I've been known to shoot squirrels from my bedroom window using .22 shorts, when they terrorize my daughter's rabbit and give me a safe shot.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:32:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BSmith79] [#49]
Accidentally fired a 22lr Colt Woodsman that wasn’t functioning properly indoors and shot a computer monitor.

Put a round in

Finger nowhere near trigger

Pulled slide back, boom there it goes

Annnd that gun went to a gunsmith afterwards. It was acting up before that and not feeding well but it never did that.

My mom has numerous times told a hilarious story about my uncle, when they were kids / teenagers in the 60s, shooting a rat inside the house with a shotgun. Their parents were not happy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:32:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By jwnc:
My one and only ND was in the garage.  Racked the slide on a 10/22 three times and pointed in a safe direction and it went off.  Dumbass didn't check the chamber.  No idea why the extractor didn't work.
View Quote

Target barrel? Because they're known for tight chambers. My integral supressed barrel even has a discreet warning near the chamber end "unfired rounds may not eject".
Page / 4
Top Top