Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/5/2024 11:22:55 PM EDT
My son purchased a vehicle and for ‘reasons’ we’re thinking it might be a good idea to have it searched for drugs. Is there a good way to go about having this done?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:24:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Drive around at 2am with your headlights off.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:25:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: victorgonzales] [#2]
Don't invite the man into your life whatever you do.  Just take the interior panels all out. If you don't find anything there's probably nothing.  If it was taken from a drug runner they would have already found the drugs. I'm assuming this was a police auction car?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:25:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
View Quote

Damn, that’s FUNNY
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:27:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Fpni
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:28:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I got called to a house one day where the owner was doing some sort of aftermarket install and pulled about 10 kilo of compressed weed from the frame of a Cherokee. It was bought from a Marshal's auction.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:30:21 PM EDT
[#6]
do a search on your own?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:30:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Know nothing, say nothing

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:34:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Every cop show I see on TV, when they find drugs in the car the owner of the car never knew it was there.

Just assume there are drugs in the car.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:35:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By victorgonzales:
Don't invite the man into your life whatever you do.  Just take the interior panels all out. If you don't find anything there's probably nothing.  If it was taken from a drug runner they would have already found the drugs. I'm assuming this was a police auction car?
View Quote

They tend to generally trash the vehicle when they do their search.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:35:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By mancow:
I got called to a house one day where the owner was doing some sort of aftermarket install and pulled about 10 kilo of compressed weed from the frame of a Cherokee. It was bought from a Marshal's auction.
View Quote

Some people just have all the luck. Could of bought built Dana 60s or just bought a brand new spec’d out Wrangler Rubicon for that.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:44:35 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

That was good
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:46:30 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

I bought a 34 Chevy mild rod from a .gov auction,  seizure vehicle.  Had problems moving the shifter and when I pulled the cover on the B&M shifter it was FULL of smoked to the nub roaches.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:48:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Call the local pd?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:49:15 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Fun and effective.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:51:15 PM EDT
[#15]
I worked for a guy in New Mexico that always bought cars at the police auction.  They came pre searched and sometimes not very well.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:51:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Klaatu_barada_nikto:
Every cop show I see on TV, when they find drugs in the car the owner of the car never knew it was there.

Just assume there are drugs in the car.
View Quote

"These aren't my pants!"
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 11:59:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I know someone that bought one like that. Had a strong smell, lots of miles in just a couple years and some scratches on the trunk from cargo. Looks like the backseat had never been used. Had three business cards of roadside mechanic/tire service places. Did laps from AZ,CA, NY AND FL with maintenance done on time. Also saw a guy get a free crack pipe with his police auction SC300.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:02:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Visit Mexico.  The return inspection will be informative.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:21:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Get yourself a buddy who's a K9 handler for a fed agency.

He'd be happy to help and use it as training for his dog.
At least that's what I'm doing on my vehicle before I go to Canada at the end of the month.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:32:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By foxxnhound:

"These aren't my pants!"
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:37:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Dragnet Jack Webb "Alcohol VS. Marijuana & LSD" Great Speech
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:38:32 AM EDT
[#22]
I bought a vehicle when I was 16 and 6 months later was taking the top rails off the bed to fix something and found bags of meth.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:50:43 AM EDT
[#23]
What state you're in might help, WA I could possibly figure someone out for you.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:01:09 AM EDT
[#24]
I had a car stolen from my condo. A few days after I reported it stolen the cops called and told me they had the vehicle impounded.
I talked to the detective in charge of the case and he said that the tags got ran and there was a short chase and the perp had ditched the vehicle and ran.
Next day I go to get the car from impound and it was full of obvious stolen property, the perps cell phone, crack, crack pipe, some weed and a large bag of coke.
I called the detective and asked if he was interested in all these items and he blew me off and just told me to throw it all away if I dint want it 🤷🏽‍♂️
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:13:33 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:12:36 AM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

That was nice of him to turn in those 3 kilos of weed.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:13:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By basp2005:
Call the local pd?
View Quote

That’s too simple of an answer for conspiracy theory central
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:18:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Are the “reasons” because your son is the new owner of a used Dodge Challenger/Charger?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:11:54 AM EDT
[#29]
About 10 years ago I was looking for a 2002-3-4 Crown Vic Police Interceptor.  MO.Trooper car. Seen a beautiful MO. blue that looked like it was an unmarked or State Official car, had the look. Stopped into the dealer and asked about it. Oh what a story this guy weaves. First he was a Deputy for the local SD, OK. Then the electronic speedo doesn't work, OK, on and on.

So I begin to ask about the car to see if his bullshit is that bullshit. I ask about the rear seat area and see it is the nice cloth bench seat. But all the signs of having had police restraining equipment, front rear divider, maybe had the perp seat but looks original.

I ask if they have removed the seat to check for contraband. What do you mean he says. I said I would never by a police car without it being checked for dope, bombs, grenade launchers. I said if you were a Deputy and never seen detainees hiding shit you weren't a Deputy long. I told him that I will come back tomorrow with cash but you have the seat out and a mileage statement for your inspected car without working dashboard or the price comes down.

Next day I get ready to stop in to look over car again before I buy it. And there was a cop convention going on, and the focus looks to be the Crown Vic with doors open, on other cars also. So I pass by and they are closed and the car is gone the next day. I find out the following days that the "Deputy" had a few stolen cars on the lot and the CV was one of them. Yikes

That sure was a nice car and one of the best years.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:06:21 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:12:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By victorgonzales:
View Quote

So many people don't get this.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:19:56 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

...with an old wetsuit in the back.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:24:44 AM EDT
[#33]
oiuja thread and drug interdiction force thread.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:08:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By seaskidoo:
Get yourself a buddy who's a K9 handler for a fed agency.

He'd be happy to help and use it as training for his dog.
At least that's what I'm doing on my vehicle before I go to Canada at the end of the month.
View Quote

Similar but different.   See if any K-9 breeder /trainers are nearby.   Ask them your question.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:09:46 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

Dave’s not here man
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:12:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:21:20 AM EDT
[#37]
See if there is a Schutzhund Training club near you. They would be able to help you out or connect if needed.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:24:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Check the rocker panels
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:30:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigger_Hammer] [#39]
Originally Posted By HangfiresGhost:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Twre6ItGEI
View Quote

Sgt Friday saying "Marijuana is the flame ... & LSD is the Bomb!"

I thought he was supposed to scare kids away from drugs, not make them sound cool?  LOL!

It starts off with those Jazz musicians smoking Devils Lettuce & before you know it America is full of College Drop out Hippie Love Festivals of Acid Rock.

Bigger_Hammer

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:35:14 AM EDT
[#40]
He get a DeLorean?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:40:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Ohio_Bill:
Check the rocker panels
View Quote

Come on, Irv, what the hell is a rocker panel?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:43:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By safe1:
I had a Ford Explorer as a rental car recently. The door panels as well as the air dam, panel under the vehicle all rattled and squeaked.  I would almost be willing to bet the thing was used to transport something illicit.
View Quote

Nah that's just Ford quality.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:43:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Know a group of cops who went to rent a car to drive to a shooting competition and when they opened the trunk it was covered in shake.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:46:58 AM EDT
[#44]
I was gonna say, there's a local church and it seems like a few times a month, they have a bunch of K-9 cops from different agencies roll up.  I never knew if it was some play date for the doggos or training or what.  But it seems like a safe bet would be to approach a group like that, let them know the situation, and see if they want to run their dogs through the car.  If a flock of dogs doesn't find anything, then it doesnt matter if there's drugs in the car.  A dog at a traffic stop wouldn't find it.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 7:57:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:00:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By safe1:
I had a Ford Explorer as a rental car recently. The door panels as well as the air dam, panel under the vehicle all rattled and squeaked.  I would almost be willing to bet the thing was used to transport something illicit.
View Quote

That’s just how fords come
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:02:25 AM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

On another forum I used to be on, some guys were gutting a seized vehicle they bought at auction, to build it into a race car. The found some bricks of cocaine. Called the agency that seized the car, they came out and collected the stuff.

Years ago a colleague told me a story where they working on an airliner (US owned and registered, by a so-called flag carrier), they removed a interior panel to do an inspection, and found it crammed with bundles of US currency, likely a 7 figure amount. He said him and his buddy freaked out for a minute or two, did the inspection, and packed it all back in there. Guess they didn't want a creepy guy with a weird haircut showing up...
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:04:24 AM EDT
[#48]
What "reasons" would make you think there are drugs hidden in the car, OP?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:20:58 AM EDT
[#49]
When we bought a used car for our daughter it had that recently cleaned smell. As it wore off we began to smell the weed. If the car sat for more than a day with the windows closed then the smell would hit you as soon as you opened the door, didn't even have to get in to smell it.
In the end we found less than a joint scattered throughout the car.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:22:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Klaatu_barada_nikto:
Every cop show I see on TV, when they find drugs in the car the owner of the car never knew it was there…
View Quote

Those aren’t my pants!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top