BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 16
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 11:16:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
They accidentally coded the Major Order kills like they do Personal Orders; like how other people's kills with a mortar sentry count for your own mortar sentry personal order.

Except since this is a community calculated order, it counted everyone's total kills (which included all their teammates kills). Like, if you and your buddy got 200 kills each, it would calculate your kills as 200+200, and their kills as 200+200, then submit both calculations separately to the Major Order progress. So your combined 400 kills ends up being 800 kills

For example, today's peak players is at 180,000 players. Assuming every single one of those players got 200 kills in a mission, that would be 36,000,000 kills. Therefore it would take every single person playing 55 missions in order to hit 2,000,000,000 kills. No where near 180K people played 55 missions each just today, lol.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:28:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit338] [#2]
Originally Posted By bigdog02:
My dislike of bots comes from being halfway through a bot mission on Helldive difficulty, being locked into an endless spawn/dead streak because there are 6 airships blowing the hell out of you the instant you spawn and no one has seen their Quasar cannon since the first spawn.....
We blasted through all our reinforcements in about 2 mins.
I will happily take chargers and bile spewers lol.  Bile titans are a welcome sight compared to rave levels of red lasers blowing me up.
View Quote
What works for us is to pick a spot on the map to land, circle the map as a team, either clockwise or counterclockwise, covering each other, and clear out every base/outpost/sample, prioritize taking out jammers, artillery, cannons, gunship fabricators, along the way.  Save the main mission objectives for the for very end.

You'll sit at ex-fil twiddling your thumbs throwing eagles at rocks, shipping containers, and each other, just for fun.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:44:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Freiheit338:
What works for us is to pick a spot on the map to land, circle the map as a team, either clockwise or counterclockwise, covering each other, and clear out every base/outpost/sample, prioritize taking out jammers and artillery along the way.  Save the main mission objectives for the for very end.

You'll sit at ex-fil twiddling your thumbs throwing eagles at rocks, shipping containers, and each other, just for fun.
View Quote

This right here. I prefer to run as a group of four rather than a duo. It works a lot better.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:44:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#4]
The biggest thing is to not get bogged down tilting windmills.  If you're not cutting through a swarm to achieve an objective, displace.  4 as one vs teams of 2 can be a double edged sword.  With all 4 together, without communication, there tends to be a lot of unspoken "I don't want to leave that guy behind" or 1 guy gets pinned down and the other 3 try to extricate him until all 4 are just embroiled in a reinforcement depleting, time wasting slog fest.  If they are communicating, or trust each other to be all on the same page, they can all displace their own separate way and regroup at the next objective and bring the full force of the squad down on it in a short amount of time before enemy response can tie them up.

When splitting into pairs, each individual per pair doesn't have the comfort of 3x force multipliers, so seem more inclined to displace, and most objectives can be completed just as easily with 2 as with 4 (with some exceptions) unless resource management has become the primary barrier to success (ie rolling up to a facility with no 'nades, quasar, eruptor, eagles on rearm, etc nothing immediately capable of big bada boom).

Both can be really fun to play.  I give a slight preference to splitting in pairs particularly with known people and a little resource planning between primaries and stratagems.  If only because if the whole squad gets pinned down by those occasional spawnfests we've all endured at one time or another, where there's half a dozen gun ships and 3 drop ships per cohort and tanks and factory striders...man that sometimes impossible to get out of without just casting the next reinforcement beacon as far as you can and hope that guy books it to bring the rest back somewhere else; but sometimes even that's impossible and you get team wiped and dropped right back into the center of the shitstorm.

In pairs, if one pair finds themselves in that situation, usually the game seems to scale the response back a bit vs the whole team, and the unencumbered pair can come in at an angle and just roll them up without a huge mess.

But it all comes down to the people on the squad.

I also try not to actually talk like this (especially with randoms) because I realize planning like this can ruin the fun for some people and frankly I'd rather just follow someone else's lead anyway.  I'm responsible for everything and everyone at work all day every day, I'm happy to, even prefer just going with the flow on in the game

ETA: On that whole break contact and displace thing, I've never equipped Eagle Smoke Strike because I assumed it to be useless but apparently it will kill a bot fabricator just by impact and supposedly helps a lot with bots being able to target you (say when displacing means no cover for a significant distance) but for that to be worthwhile you'd definitely need to be communicating.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:33:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:02:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
The biggest thing is to not get bogged down tilting windmills.  If you're not cutting through a swarm to achieve an objective, displace.  4 as one vs teams of 2 can be a double edged sword.  With all 4 together, without communication, there tends to be a lot of unspoken "I don't want to leave that guy behind" or 1 guy gets pinned down and the other 3 try to extricate him until all 4 are just embroiled in a reinforcement depleting, time wasting slog fest.  If they are communicating, or trust each other to be all on the same page, they can all displace their own separate way and regroup at the next objective and bring the full force of the squad down on it in a short amount of time before enemy response can tie them up.

When splitting into pairs, each individual per pair doesn't have the comfort of 3x force multipliers, so seem more inclined to displace, and most objectives can be completed just as easily with 2 as with 4 (with some exceptions) unless resource management has become the primary barrier to success (ie rolling up to a facility with no 'nades, quasar, eruptor, eagles on rearm, etc nothing immediately capable of big bada boom).

Both can be really fun to play.  I give a slight preference to splitting in pairs particularly with known people and a little resource planning between primaries and stratagems.  If only because if the whole squad gets pinned down by those occasional spawnfests we've all endured at one time or another, where there's half a dozen gun ships and 3 drop ships per cohort and tanks and factory striders...man that sometimes impossible to get out of without just casting the next reinforcement beacon as far as you can and hope that guy books it to bring the rest back somewhere else; but sometimes even that's impossible and you get team wiped and dropped right back into the center of the shitstorm.

In pairs, if one pair finds themselves in that situation, usually the game seems to scale the response back a bit vs the whole team, and the unencumbered pair can come in at an angle and just roll them up without a huge mess.

But it all comes down to the people on the squad.

I also try not to actually talk like this (especially with randoms) because I realize planning like this can ruin the fun for some people and frankly I'd rather just follow someone else's lead anyway.  I'm responsible for everything and everyone at work all day every day, I'm happy to, even prefer just going with the flow on in the game

ETA: On that whole break contact and displace thing, I've never equipped Eagle Smoke Strike because I assumed it to be useless but apparently it will kill a bot fabricator just by impact and supposedly helps a lot with bots being able to target you (say when displacing means no cover for a significant distance) but for that to be worthwhile you'd definitely need to be communicating.
View Quote

Yeah sometimes I’ll call out things but usually I’m just like “ping it and I’m there”.

I can see smoke being useful but rarely. Maybe if you solo a bit. Gas strikes are fucking awesome on bug breaches.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:15:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Inquisitive_Spaniard:

Yeah sometimes I’ll call out things but usually I’m just like “ping it and I’m there”.

I can see smoke being useful but rarely. Maybe if you solo a bit. Gas strikes are fucking awesome on bug breaches.
View Quote

That's the thing, I'd use it every bot mission if it was "free" (like when they give everyone a stratagem to try it out) but take up 25% of my slots?  That's a tough ask.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:45:20 PM EDT
[#8]

That's the thing, I'd use it every bot mission if it was "free" (like when they give everyone a stratagem to try it out) but take up 25% of my slots?  That's a tough ask.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Hopefully they introduce class builds. Someone who is straight up support/healer would be cool.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:27:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Skootr] [#9]
Smoke nades/strats in the current form are a waste of slot.   Just use the local fungi pods or other flora to break LoS.     Breaking LoS works VERY good on bots.   With bots, everyone should be hitting then displacing as often as possible on.   Getting static and "holding your ground" and you will get in a respawn loop, exception being a fast strike to wipe out a patrol before a flare is popped.

On bot patrols,  priority is actually the little bots.  Make sure every one of them gets a round or two from small arms.  Don't worry about killing on the first mag.  As long as you tap them with a round, they will not flare for a bit longer buying you (and squad) a lot of time to sweep clear.  After that just mop up the devastators and hulks, ideally after you have displaced from slapping the little ones down.

Same is true for the bug patrols, but the priority targets are everything smaller than the charger lol.  Is all about making sure everything gets tapped else they will call in a breach real fast.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:40:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Biggest thing is avoid patrols.  Way too many people can't resist the urge to shoot at everything they see.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:49:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Biggest thing is avoid patrols.  Way too many people can't resist the urge to shoot at everything they see.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:02:30 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

This can't be said enough

No xp/currency for killing more enemies, only completing objectives

Strategic retreat is better than being bogged down for 5-6 minutes using several reinforcements
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:14:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I can't wait for that silenced AR to drop.  But it will probably suck and be louder than an autocannon, fixed by another rail gun nerf
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:17:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Skootr:
Smoke nades/strats in the current form are a waste of slot.   Just use the local fungi pods or other flora to break LoS.     Breaking LoS works VERY good on bots.   With bots, everyone should be hitting then displacing as often as possible on.   Getting static and "holding your ground" and you will get in a respawn loop, exception being a fast strike to wipe out a patrol before a flare is popped.

On bot patrols,  priority is actually the little bots.  Make sure every one of them gets a round or two from small arms.  Don't worry about killing on the first mag.  As long as you tap them with a round, they will not flare for a bit longer buying you (and squad) a lot of time to sweep clear.  After that just mop up the devastators and hulks, ideally after you have displaced from slapping the little ones down.

Same is true for the bug patrols, but the priority targets are everything smaller than the charger lol.  Is all about making sure everything gets tapped else they will call in a breach real fast.
View Quote

I remember the devs talking about the lack of "stealth mode" and that they tried to just have mobs react to sight, sound and apparently smell.  It does seem like the bots are highly dependent on line of sight, somewhat dependent on sound, and not dependent on smell at all, while the bugs can seemingly track you for miles even after breaking line of sight (so must be "smell").

Pretty cool actually.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:22:51 PM EDT
[#15]
The only parts I've had bad death loops on where with the eye of sauron when the hell bomb couldn't be dropped near enough (bug), and the rest of the squad were just useless so we were WAY overloaded with hulks and rocket devs due to non-stop drops from the F'in eye.    The other shitty one is I had two double towers of flying bots really close together.   And only one other person able to shoot them down.    We clear one by pure Fin luck.  Then ran away to do the other objectives lol.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:10:30 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

This sounds like treason.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:12:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By LineOfDeparture:

View All Quotes

Sometimes the patrol is about to make contact with the team working objectives. Climb a rock, throw an orbital, and leave no survivors.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:23:52 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote
Our mission orders aren't to kill everything.  If we did, there would be no more E-710 to power the FTL drives.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:26:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Our mission orders aren't to kill everything.  If we did, there would be no more E-710 to power the FTL drives.  

View All Quotes

Two. Billion. Bugs.

Sounds like we’re supposed to kill everything to me
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:06:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Two. Billion. Bugs.

View All Quotes

Two. Billion. Bugs.

It's a renewable resource.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 9:52:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By DonKey153:

It's a renewable resource.
View Quote

So are Helldivers.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:07:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Skootr:
The only parts I've had bad death loops on where with the eye of sauron when the hell bomb couldn't be dropped near enough (bug), and the rest of the squad were just useless so we were WAY overloaded with hulks and rocket devs due to non-stop drops from the F'in eye.    The other shitty one is I had two double towers of flying bots really close together.   And only one other person able to shoot them down.    We clear one by pure Fin luck.  Then ran away to do the other objectives lol.
View Quote

I feel like I did exactly that last one a week or two ago
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:09:59 AM EDT
[#23]

Sometimes the patrol is about to make contact with the team working objectives. Climb a rock, throw an orbital, and leave no survivors.
View Quote

Hell yeah. I've started lobbing the orbital, then toss a stun grenade. Sometimes you can just cleanem up in one go.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:07:57 AM EDT
[#24]

Hell yeah. I've started lobbing the orbital, then toss a stun grenade. Sometimes you can just cleanem up in one go.
View All Quotes

Important to do it quickly so they don't call in a breach
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 10:56:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Point of order: the bunker doors requiring two Helldivers to unlock shall henceforth be known as Friendship doors.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Buddy Bunkers
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:59:12 AM EDT
[#27]
homey hideout
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:59:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Point of order: the bunker doors requiring two Helldivers to unlock shall henceforth be known as Friendship doors.
View Quote

I think there should be a greater than 0% chance a small enemy pops out
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By craig24680:

View All Quotes

I actually had this conversation with my friend earlier. He said “thats evil; I love it”
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:30:22 PM EDT
[#30]

I actually had this conversation with my friend earlier. He said “thats evil; I love it”
View All Quotes

2 stalkers.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:37:41 PM EDT
[#31]

2 stalkers.
View All Quotes

2 stalkers.

My suggestion was a charger or a hulk. But stalkers or the Kamikaze bots will do.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:13:47 PM EDT
[#32]

My suggestion was a charger or a hulk. But stalkers or the Kamikaze bots will do.
View Quote

Nothing like opening those doors to a flamethrower hulk in your face.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:37:06 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

I've always assumed that eventually something will eventually come bursting out.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:08:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: craig24680] [#34]

View Quote

Nah, nothing that big
One of the smaller non explodie guys
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:11:38 PM EDT
[#35]

Nah, nothing that big
View All Quotes

Nah, nothing that big

I’m fully expecting some type of slow crawly worm that can only bite you but when you kill it baby’s come out and swarm you. Like a spider with babies on its back.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:36:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit338] [#36]
View Quote
Double door...which evolved to Dumbledore.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:19:04 AM EDT
[#37]
I like how the devs turn glitches and server errors into roleplaying features.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:27:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
I like how the devs turn glitches and server errors into roleplaying features.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394169/1_png-3194194.JPG
View Quote

That’s pretty clever.

Anyone else notice that the center of the super earth logo is over Norway/Sweden (where the company is)?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:13:07 PM EDT
[#39]
@gtfoxy

had to hop off had a call about a kid that apparently colapsed died at the gym tonight after doing a set.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:20:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By runfrumu:
@gtfoxy

had to hop off had a call about a kid that apparently colapsed died at the gym tonight after doing a set.
View Quote

Oh man.

It’s all good bud. Thanks for joining in.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 6:43:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Raignis] [#41]

Hopefully they introduce class builds. Someone who is straight up support/healer would be cool.
View Quote

I think they built that into the different armor sets. I tend to use the bone snapper set which carries more stims and makes the stim effect last longer so I act as healer and support
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:11:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By gtfoxy:

Oh man.

View Quote

Don't forget to send me that text.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:12:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gtfoxy] [#43]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gtfoxy:

Oh man.

I did last night.

Hope I got the number right.

Checks: Holy shit I sent it to the wrong number.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 10:06:27 AM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

I tried to join game, but removed you instead. You should have a new request from me
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:42:29 PM EDT
[#45]
This game made me face facts with my outdated gpu. I overheated twice on medium settings and that was all I could stand. I explained to my wife how Managed Democracy demanded the upgrades and picked up a new one last week. Everything is running great now. I just need to look into a headset with mic as I've never been one to chat during a game because of background. Although, every mission I've played so far, everyone has been muted.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 2:44:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Raignis:
This game made me face facts with my outdated gpu. I overheated twice on medium settings and that was all I could stand. I explained to my wife how Managed Democracy demanded the upgrades and picked up a new one last week. Everything is running great now. I just need to look into a headset with mic as I've never been one to chat during a game because of background. Although, every mission I've played so far, everyone has been muted.
View Quote

Haha epic

I run mute in game and talk on discord
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#47]

I tried to join game, but removed you instead. You should have a new request from me
View Quote

I see it but no matter how many times I click accept it doesn't do anything. I'm out of town today/tomorrow when I get back I'll decline and get a new friend code from you. I remember seeing a bug note related to name changes and friend requests.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 11:40:34 PM EDT
[#48]
3126-6169
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:10:40 PM EDT
[#49]
@DonKey153

5846-2490
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:16:20 PM EDT
[#50]
No player found.

If you generate a new number, I think it prevents anyone from using the previously generated numbers.
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top