User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 17
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:36:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I generated and posted that at the same time
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:36:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Man I go on the road for work 1 night and all you guys quit?!
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:13:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
Man I go on the road for work 1 night and all you guys quit?!
View Quote

Lol haven't quit, but got a lot going on.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 9:42:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I know I was just surprised when I got on around 8pm and had zero friends online.  Unusual for prime time.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 10:05:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I know I was just surprised when I got on around 8pm and had zero friends online.  Unusual for prime time.
View Quote

I swapped over to play Fortnite with my wife.  It’s the only game she will play.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:33:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By runfrumu:

I swapped over to play Fortnite with my wife.  It’s the only game she will play.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:38:01 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

I’m not your fren.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 1:59:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Inquisitive_Spaniard:

I’m not your fren.
View Quote

Bah you didn't show up until like 9.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 2:53:26 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

I’m not your fren.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 5:57:15 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

We’ll be on shortly.
Link Posted: 4/25/2024 6:50:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I generated and posted that at the same time
View Quote

1702-8924
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:17:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Finally got around to completing all the challenges. The pistol one was the worst; I should have knocked that out back before they nerfed the mortar farm missions.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
Finally got around to completing all the challenges. The pistol one was the worst; I should have knocked that out back before they nerfed the mortar farm missions.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394169/1_png-3198494.JPG
View Quote

I'm missing that one and the Extreme no deaths one.  Did you do this one solo?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:51:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#14]

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394169/1_png-3198494.JPG

Pistol I did solo. Did it on a mission where you just gotta kill 2 Bile Titans. I used stealth armor, ran straight to them and threw stratagems at them, then extracted. Took me multiple attempts, the worst being when I accidentally used my primary weapon as the extraction shuttle was landing. So annoying lol.

For extreme no deaths I did it a while ago before they nerfed mortar farm missions. I think the latest recommended method is those new missile defense missions.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:48:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Gonna give the pistol a try in a minute.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:34:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Gonna give the pistol a try in a minute.
View Quote

May the force be with you.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:43:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Attachment Attached File

New Airburst Rocket Launcher is available to you if you drop onto the bot planet Penta.

I haven't tried it yet but it seems to be really crappy versus bots because it doesn't have armor penetration. It also is proximity detonated but is extremely sensitive to things other than enemies, so it blows up in your face often. Things like cargo crates, bushes, mines, buildings, etc. can apparently set it off.

Probably better versus bugs but we can't test that now.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:32:16 AM EDT
[#18]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394169/IMG_4125_jpeg-3199111.JPG

New Airburst Rocket Launcher is available to you if you drop onto the bot planet Penta.

I haven't tried it yet but it seems to be really crappy versus bots because it doesn't have armor penetration. It also is proximity detonated but is extremely sensitive to things other than enemies, so it blows up in your face often. Things like cargo crates, bushes, mines, buildings, etc. can apparently set it off.

View Quote

Isn’t it meant for the air based enemies like gunships and shriekers? Also gunships suck balls. Hot dropped on a factory yesterday and we were down to 9 respawns by the time we got the factory blown up.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:55:23 AM EDT
[#19]
This is where the HMG emplacement shines. It shoots down bot gun ships for breakfast
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:16:55 PM EDT
[#20]
This is where the HMG emplacement shines. It shoots down bot gun ships for breakfast
View Quote

I’ll have to try that, I would just hate giving up a laser or eagle stratagem for it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:49:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#21]
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:

Isn't it meant for the air based enemies like gunships and shriekers? Also gunships suck balls. Hot dropped on a factory yesterday and we were down to 9 respawns by the time we got the factory blown up.
View All Quotes

Isn't it meant for the air based enemies like gunships and shriekers? Also gunships suck balls. Hot dropped on a factory yesterday and we were down to 9 respawns by the time we got the factory blown up.
Airburst munitions are anti-infantry. They are designed to explode over ground troops behind cover, and this one doesn't have armor penetration so it's not good versus gunships.

It will probably be good against shriekers though.

Also, apparently we're using an old version of the weapon:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 1:56:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Airburst munitions are anti-infantry. They are designed to explode over ground troops behind cover, and this one doesn't have armor penetration so it's not good versus gunships.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394169/IMG_4126_jpeg-3199358.JPG
View Quote

Fair enough. The disappoints me then cause I’m sick of trying to catch the gunships with the autocannon, it’s a good weapon but horrible anti-air
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:08:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Fair enough. The disappoints me then cause I’m sick of trying to catch the gunships with the autocannon, it’s a good weapon but horrible anti-air
View All Quotes

Spear.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:40:34 PM EDT
[#24]
I've been rocking the Goose and it's been doing a pretty damn good job, slow reloads but it one shots the dropships with a engine hit.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:21:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Spear.
View All Quotes

Spear.

I've had my issues with spear, but quasar is pretty reliable with practice
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:36:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By DonKey153:

View All Quotes

Spear.

I mean for the fly boys.  I hate how the quasar shakes
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:33:20 AM EDT
[#27]

I mean for the fly boys.  I hate how the quasar shakes
View Quote

Same. That’s my biggest complaint. I tend to run the 1 minute recharge rocket launchers because of that.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 12:33:57 AM EDT
[#28]

Spear.
View Quote

The spear surprises me at times. I’ve seen my friends run it with an assistant gunner and be a huge help.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 6:16:53 AM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

Another update, Yay. Most likely something’s getting nerfed & if it’s anything like last time it’s going to be unstable as fuck. Not looking forward to that.

What always amazes me about many of these loadout type games is how much they refuse to make a lot of weapons/ armors good so you can have more effectively diverse support play styles. Then you get this micromanaging of anything that is remotely decent to bring those down to the mucky quagmire level of mediocrity of everything else (Rail Gun anyone).

I’m primarily, due to similar enemy constructs, comparing what this game is currently & what it “could” be, & that game is Outriders. The combinations of armor, skill tree, & weaponry allow for a very broad range of play style’s & capabilities & I really think they need to introduce more in-depth build capabilities.

You can, in each class, build anything from glass cannons to almost indestructible juggernauts with anything in between.

Unfortunately the main reason Outriders wasn’t a bigger hit also plaques this game; God awful connectivity issues, especially on cross platform.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:59:17 AM EDT
[#30]

The spear surprises me at times. I’ve seen my friends run it with an assistant gunner and be a huge help.
View Quote

You should see the auto cannon with an assisted reload. It’s a damn machine gun
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:03:53 AM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Troof

Change the fire from semi to auto and DAMN
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:43:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RayFromJersey] [#32]
Pretty decent balancing patch this morning with lots of weapon adjustments.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/553850/view/4169846298204053636?l=english

Quasar nerfed of course (increased recharge time by 5 seconds). Also a lot of the good weapons had their magazine reserves nerfed, so you better get used to someone carrying a supply backpack if you're using primary weapons a lot.

One surprising thing is that they nerfed solo players. Solo players now get a bunch of increased patrols because patrols are increased for each missing player of a 4 person team
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:15:09 AM EDT
[#33]

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/553850/view/4169846298204053636?l=english

Quasar nerfed of course (increased recharge time by 5 seconds). Also a lot of the good weapons had their magazine reserves nerfed, so you better get used to someone carrying a supply backpack if you're using primary weapons a lot.

One surprising thing is that they nerfed solo players. Solo players now get a bunch of increased patrols because patrols are increased for each missing player of a 4 person team
View Quote

Yeah im questioning alot of the shit they do. “oh, we released a decent weapon?  We cant have that!”

Its almost feels like they are getting to a point where each person in the squad will have to carry a specific weapon for a specific enemy and he will be the only person to be able to defeat that enemy in a decent amount of time but that weapon will be shit against everything else.

Quasar nerfed is stupid.  It already took 3-4 shots top drop titans.  And with the amount of wiggle when aiming its hard to land headshots. So you end up firing and running, firing and running, and now its gonna take an entire extra minute of doing that to maybe drop it.

Ive not played it at all this week, They seem more focused on fucking shit up and making it harder rather than changing up some missions and maps and making it more interesting and fun.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:51:20 AM EDT
[#34]

Yeah im questioning alot of the shit they do. “oh, we released a decent weapon?  We cant have that!”

Its almost feels like they are getting to a point where each person in the squad will have to carry a specific weapon for a specific enemy and he will be the only person to be able to defeat that enemy in a decent amount of time but that weapon will be shit against everything else.

Quasar nerfed is stupid.  It already took 3-4 shots top drop titans.  And with the amount of wiggle when aiming its hard to land headshots. So you end up firing and running, firing and running, and now its gonna take an entire extra minute of doing that to maybe drop it.

Ive not played it at all this week, They seem more focused on fucking shit up and making it harder rather than changing up some missions and maps and making it more interesting and fun.
View All Quotes

Some odd needs for sure

Burning damage reduced by 15% is too small IMO, we wear all suits and helmets

Damn

Shots that ricochet from heavy armored enemies will now properly hit the Helldiver who fired them. Trigger discipline is highly recommended.

Also the sickle mag restriction
LAS-16 Sickle

Decreased amount of magazines from 6 down to 3

The patrols increase is odd for sure for single players

Autocannon survived another round of nerds lol
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:07:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#35]
I swear to god I don't understand the "balance" teams mission.  It's primary duty seems to be rug pulling.  The Dominator was useless with it's slow aim/ergo, low knockback, low pen, and 200 damage.  With 300 damage and increased knockback, it became a useful weapon on a diversified loadout squad.  Never have I seen a squad of 4 all using the Dominator by default, which I would expect to see if it was over powered (if only because it's relatively poor accuracy and 15 round mag - like crouched, full stamina, 1st person aimed shots 50m away miss 3 hit 1 ), it just went from practically nonexistent to somewhat common.

It's like they said "Oh lord, people are actually using the Dominator after it's buff.  Can't have that! We only added that to the Warbond to burn medals!"

Quasar I get.  Considering the only things close to it in dmg/pen/fire rate required a backpack slot as well, slowing it down a bit is understandable.  Sickle ammo, same thing.  Makes it a lot less viable on fire worlds, and that's consistent with intent in the broader physics of the game.  Speedloader for the big iron and a damage buff, I mean I'll take it but why even spend time on balancing sidearms at this point.

Overall it does seem fine with some welcome changes, but the "weapon balancing" always seems so inconsistent.  Maybe it would be more apparent what they were trying to accomplish if we had more stats/data.

Interested in trying the Space M14 again after the changes.  IMO that weapon (or class) should be the "nominally best" 1 size fits all rifle.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:22:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#36]
Finally!  This was a definite need.

Receiving friend requests now gives the player a pop up
Fixed issue where players could not navigate to the search results in the Social Menu
View Quote

Nothing about the bug that won't let me and Donkey be friends again though
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:27:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: notso] [#37]
I swear to god I don't understand the "balance" teams mission.  It's primary duty seems to be rug pulling.  The Dominator was useless with it's slow aim/ergo, low knockback, low pen, and 200 damage.  With 300 damage and increased knockback, it became a useful weapon on a diversified loadout squad.  Never have I seen a squad of 4 all using the Dominator by default, which I would expect to see if it was over powered (if only because it's relatively poor accuracy and 15 round mag - like crouched, full stamina, 1st person aimed shots 50m away miss 3 hit 1 ), it just went from practically nonexistent to somewhat common.

It's like they said "Oh lord, people are actually using the Dominator after it's buff.  Can't have that! We only added that to the Warbond to burn medals!"

Quasar I get.  Considering the only things close to it in dmg/pen/fire rate required a backpack slot as well, slowing it down a bit is understandable.  Sickle ammo, same thing.  Makes it a lot less viable on fire worlds, and that's consistent with intent in the broader physics of the game.  Speedloader for the big iron and a damage buff, I mean I'll take it but why even spend time on balancing sidearms at this point.

Overall it does seem fine with some welcome changes, but the "weapon balancing" always seems so inconsistent.  Maybe it would be more apparent what they were trying to accomplish if we had more stats/data.

Interested in trying the Space M14 again after the changes.  IMO that weapon (or class) should be the "nominally best" 1 size fits all rifle.
View Quote

Also note they buffed the damage on the standard Liberator rifle and the Lib Concussive.

I actually went back to the liberator for a bit and it is actually a good primary. I imagine it will be even better with the damage buff.

Now if I can just remember to stop hitting reload every time I get a gap in the bugs
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:38:55 AM EDT
[#38]
I've really leaned into the Eruptor as a primary for bugs and admit 12 mags was excessive (very rare I'd ever need resupply while Breaker/Scorcher/Dominator other low volume fire weaps I need resupply regularly).  Half seems to be a cut too deep but definitely going to have to get out of that habit of reloading without even considering mag depth
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:51:03 AM EDT
[#39]
I think the weapon nerfs are an attempt to drive more teamwork. I’ve logged in and played with way too many people who think being a lone wolf is a good idea on level 7 and up. Shit, even some maps level 6 will get you stomped quick and in a hurry if you go off alone. These mag and dmg nerds mean you need more ammo. Good luck finding it randomly on the ground when you’re out and being chased by half the planet.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:52:28 PM EDT
[#40]
I think the weapon nerfs are an attempt to drive more teamwork. I’ve logged in and played with way too many people who think being a lone wolf is a good idea on level 7 and up. Shit, even some maps level 6 will get you stomped quick and in a hurry if you go off alone. These mag and dmg nerds mean you need more ammo. Good luck finding it randomly on the ground when you’re out and being chased by half the planet.
View Quote

Problem is lone wolfs run and throw strategems to create space, at least I do.  Most of your big firefights are when everyone is clustered togethered working on each objective as unit.  The sample missions pull in a lot of bugs for example.

I can often run off alone and get several objectives done alone if the other 3 are creating havoc somewhere else.  I usually only see a couple of small bugs when doing this.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:57:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Rereading the Patch Notes

I noticed something about burning damage

It's listed under the section for weapons

So did they nerf OUR burning damage or the damage WE take?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:10:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By craig24680:
Rereading the Patch Notes

I noticed something about burning damage

It's listed under the section for weapons

So did they nerf OUR burning damage or the damage WE take?
View Quote

They probably nerfed the fire damage we do, buffed fire damage we take, and made enemies 99% resistant to environmental fire damage
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Played a little today, noticed a lot more drop ships during the bot missions. Usually it would be 1-2, this time they were coming in groups of 3. Scout striders were moving a lot faster too.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:48:43 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Right? I've probably tried a couple dozen times now
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:52:37 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Uninstall and reinstall ???
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:14:54 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

You know I use the Dominator all the time. I was liking the buffs, now this shit.

I called it a few days ago.

I think I’m done dealing with their micromanage bullshit for a while.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:29:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Finally got the last one done tonight, by accident, on the new bug TCS mission.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:41:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Nice!
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:18:02 AM EDT
[#49]
My son picked up the game yesterday and we played a few of the ten minute missions for the current major order. I liked the get in and get out. One thing I noticed was how quick our groups would fill out. When I'm playing solo, I can't get anyone to join even with a SOS. He and I last night would have a full group before hitting the pods.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:41:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Raignis:
My son picked up the game yesterday and we played a few of the ten minute missions for the current major order. I liked the get in and get out. One thing I noticed was how quick our groups would fill out. When I'm playing solo, I can't get anyone to join even with a SOS. He and I last night would have a full group before hitting the pods.
View Quote

Check your settings and see if you have it set to friends only. That said, I rarely solo. I just hit quick play and it attaches me to whomever is playing. It’s a roll of the dice if you get a good team. It’s always really nice when you land on a group of 3 that aren’t window lickers.
Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top